Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Why would anyone who knows they are going to fail the PT Test...take it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Why would anyone who knows they are going to fail the PT Test...take it

Quote Originally Posted by KC-10 FE View Post
    As long as individuals get on a waiver then they are set. Those who just know that they are going to fail because they haven't been working out have no choice but to take one before their EPR close out date suspense. If they haven't passed their test by then without an approved extension then they will get a referral EPR and potentially not be able to re-enlist, lose a line number, etc. Depends on individual leadership.
    Only works on a total waiver which is only an option of deployed, pregnant, or abdominal surgery. Other than that, unless you're skinny & out of shape, a waiver to the physical portions of the eval make the A/C carry more weight (literally!) and now you need to have a 37.5 or under waist or fail (instead of the full 39).
    "If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep the streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep the street so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well. "

Dr Martin Luther King, Jr.

Chief Runner Amok of the Troll Cabal

Newbie - (Restricted)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I wonder how the American Medical Association classifying obesity as a disease will effect the AC and profiles?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

If I knew I was going to fail, I'd opt out if I had that choice.

What I don't like about that questionnaire is that, regardless of how you answer it, you're still going to take the test anyway. So many people who do have risk factors will mark that they don't on the assessment, just to save themselves any trouble and heartache.

Because there are no promotion points for exceeding the minimum score, I have a habit of doing the minimum number of pushups and situps, and then immediately stopping - so I can save the energy for the run. And the only reason I get decent scores on the run, is because I make an effort to get it done and over with as quickly as possible. Score be damned.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    If I knew I was going to fail, I'd opt out if I had that choice.

What I don't like about that questionnaire is that, regardless of how you answer it, you're still going to take the test anyway. So many people who do have risk factors will mark that they don't on the assessment, just to save themselves any trouble and heartache.

Because there are no promotion points for exceeding the minimum score, I have a habit of doing the minimum number of pushups and situps, and then immediately stopping - so I can save the energy for the run. And the only reason I get decent scores on the run, is because I make an effort to get it done and over with as quickly as possible. Score be damned.
    Since you have to take this test, people are still opting out if they know they are going to fail a certain component. If you know you are going to fail the run because you don't like to run, all you have to do is go see your doctor and get on a profile, then, voila, you don't have to run. Same for p/u and s/u. This is the way people are opting out of the test.

The only thing you can't opt out of is the waist measurement and that is why there is so much drama with this component. Skinny people will never fail this test when opting out of the other components while bigger people will struggle by having to take at least one other component, usually just p/u or s/u to help pass the test along with a FAC person pulling the tape tight.