Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why would anyone who knows they are going to fail the PT Test...take it

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Why would anyone who knows they are going to fail the PT Test...take it

Quote Originally Posted by CrustySMSgt View Post
    do you REALLY need to start 10 new threads on topics that have already been beaten to death?

Hate to inject reason into your theory... but if you are not current, you do not meet standards, and will still get a referal EPR. So your plan ain't worth shit.
    The referrals are not always handed out when they should be... And if you have a profile, you are 'EXEMPT' and "Meet Standard" block will be checked on that EPR...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VFFSSGT View Post
    The referrals are not always handed out when they should be... And if you have a profile, you are 'EXEMPT' and "Meet Standard" block will be checked on that EPR...
    Not just no, but HELL no!

First, it is either exempt or meets, not both.

Second, the only true exemptions are abdominal surgery or pregnancy. Beyond that, you still tape.

CC Can give a 59 day extension on EPR closeout... after that, it is not an option; it is what it is.
    "If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep the streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep the street so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well. "

Dr Martin Luther King, Jr.

Chief Runner Amok of the Troll Cabal

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Maybe in your world, but not in the entire AF. Even the ACC Command Chief even realizes this and speaks of it (on the referrals not happening and already well known pencil whipping of it all)...

I did slightly misspeak...My intentions were meant to say you are exempt from the portions the profile covers and you will still get the Meet block checked... So, you cannot meet standards courtesy of the profile and still clear the EPR...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VFFSSGT View Post
    Maybe in your world, but not in the entire AF. Even the ACC Command Chief even realizes this and speaks of it (on the referrals not happening and already well known pencil whipping of it all)...
    Centralized testing will quickly do away with that.
    "If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep the streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep the street so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well. "

Dr Martin Luther King, Jr.

Chief Runner Amok of the Troll Cabal

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Maybe...we can hope anyways... Is there going to be a checks and balances to verify the right block is checked on the EPR? Even still, is it going to be a referral EPR and not a 5? From my understanding, there are also people submitting "referral" EPR's as 5's... We will see I guess; if nothing else it will curb some of the problem. Who is going to keep the medical or HAWC people in check though? They are testing everyone, which means themselves too... They are just as easily capable of pencil whipping as everyone else.

I really do not think we solve problems by shifting the work load; the people pencil whipping should have some punishment handed to them hard so people know it's no joke but people continually get away with such activity. This seems to be the answer in today's Air Fore to all problems; shift the work and responsibility to someone else while in the meantime the slacking party continues to recieve '5' EPR's. And we wonder why there is such a problem with people just following the rules...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why do they make you fill those questionairs out a month before your actual test. You may get sick a few days before your test and you are still suppose to test because you said you were healthy a month ago. Atleast this is how it works at my base. This happened to me and I was forced to run with a major broncial infection and purposely failed to as not to kill myself when I passed out from lack of oxygen. I passed with flying colors after going on the fat boy program for 3 months.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So they have a BS questionaire in the AF as well?

For the most part, everyone I know answers "no" to all of the questions anyway... even if it's a lie. Afterall, for the "yes" answers, you're going to go through more BS just to end up having to run the PRT anyway.

jshawell

LOL you all are funny! I wouldn't try it. You have all year to prepare for your pt test... really no excuse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Since I am a FAC lead, once the score is entered, I can tell you it does not get removed even if you go to the DOCTOR after the the test.
    Now, in my pre-brief, I reinforce that if anyone is not feeling 100%, do not test. the last thing we want is someone getting hurt, having to call 911, or failing. I give some silly examples like if this young man was passing kidney stones all night, should he test today?
    If she woke up and could not lift her arm 2 inches from her body, should she be testing today? The number of YES did double my first month here, but we have not had any requests like I was sick, but UFPM told me I had to test today.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

genius...............................