Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: "Unwritten" Rules

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: "Unwritten" Rules

Any mark downs on an EPR during a tour equals no or a lower decoration at PCS. I had a TSgt that had one mark down in three years and the Gp chief wanted to down grade his AFCM to an AFAM. Had to include a push note from the supervisor and commander to get the job done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Any dec based on rank. Granted, I can't see a SrA/SSgt getting a MSM, but have known and nominated more than one really good TSGT for MSM. Actually won on two cases - but was out of probably 6.
    A TRANSPORTER - NOTHING HAPPENS UNTIL SOMETHING MOVES!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AF-1Sgt View Post
    Any mark downs on an EPR during a tour equals no or a lower decoration at PCS. I had a TSgt that had one mark down in three years and the Gp chief wanted to down grade his AFCM to an AFAM. Had to include a push note from the supervisor and commander to get the job done.
    That is one that I didnt think of..... Push Notes.

Why? The citiation and write up should be strong enougth to justify the medal package. If not then no decoration.
    [B][I]"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived." -General George S. Patton. Jr.[/I][/B]

[FONT=Times New Roman]AF AFSC 9E000
    Tour of Duty 2011-2015[/FONT]

[FONT="Times New Roman"]AF AFSC - 3P000
    Tour of Duty 1991-2011
    SEI - 329 - Phoenix Raven #597

Army MOS - 13B30J4
    Tour of Duty 1982-1991[/FONT]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I havent heard of any of these I will say I got f'ed out of a commendation medal because " I have not had staff on Long enough" that coming from the worst e-9 trying to make e-10 i ever seen. after 3 "appeals" from my leadership he said one last time he isnt a staff long enough its either achievement or nothing

yet the shitbag staff who was skating the whole year away because hw as getting out and didnt do dick got his .

that pretty much ruiend my view of the usaf for a long time and hence my reason why im leaving this current career field

Quote Originally Posted by BRUWIN View Post
    Males can't part hair in the middle if they want to be a First Sergeant. I was told this was an unwritten rule when I was being pre-screened for the job by the Wing CCM and he asked me if I planned on continuing to do it. I told him never mind and left his office. I retrained into Intel instead.
    That's hilarious to me, since when I was at Randolph there was a brand new 1st Sgt with a part STRAIGHT DOWN THE MIDDLE. While I thought it looked poindexter, it certainly was not out of regs, so I can't really understand that mentality of the CCMs that you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Bummed View Post
    How about the moustache rules?
    Os--absolutely not
    Es--no BTZ, no awards
    That rule is off during Mustache March, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rev Mike Large View Post
    That's hilarious to me, since when I was at Randolph there was a brand new 1st Sgt with a part STRAIGHT DOWN THE MIDDLE. While I thought it looked poindexter, it certainly was not out of regs, so I can't really understand that mentality of the CCMs that you're talking about.
    For those of a certain generation, parting your hair down the middle indicated that you indulged in recreational chemicals. I shit you not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MaintChief View Post
    For those of a certain generation, parting your hair down the middle indicated that you indulged in recreational chemicals. I shit you not.

No doubt Chief....those damn zipperheads! lol!
    [B][I]"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived." -General George S. Patton. Jr.[/I][/B]

[FONT=Times New Roman]AF AFSC 9E000
    Tour of Duty 2011-2015[/FONT]

[FONT="Times New Roman"]AF AFSC - 3P000
    Tour of Duty 1991-2011
    SEI - 329 - Phoenix Raven #597

Army MOS - 13B30J4
    Tour of Duty 1982-1991[/FONT]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt HULK View Post
    I havent heard of any of these I will say I got f'ed out of a commendation medal because " I have not had staff on Long enough" that coming from the worst e-9 trying to make e-10 i ever seen. after 3 "appeals" from my leadership he said one last time he isnt a staff long enough its either achievement or nothing

yet the shitbag staff who was skating the whole year away because hw as getting out and didnt do dick got his .

that pretty much ruiend my view of the usaf for a long time and hence my reason why im leaving this current career field
    I don't know what career field you're in now, but don't be shocked when you find out your new career has the same BS rules.

I see that happen all the time, that's the norm. From my experience.