Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Tell Us: Boots

Quote Originally Posted by MACHINE666 View Post
    *LOL*

This post just made my day ~ !
    Glad to contribute to your well-being!

Retirement rocks!

A 1911 in the hand is better than 911 on the phone.

jason0926

Great question. Here is a great answer--Who cares anymore. We want to go back to basics/heritage yet we continue changing this piece of crap heavy A** uniform. Letting BDU wearers wear green boots was retarted. If you are transitioning a uniform you should be wearing either or. Not a little of both combined. Also should have had all accessories (Parka etc. )avaliable at the same time the uniform came out. Furthermore, ABUs camoflauge with nothing unless you are in a blacked out room with no ambient light. I believe I speak for many when I say, Who cares anymore. Make the boots tie dyed or polka dotted for all I care

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm ok with green boots as long as they have something reflective sewn into them.

Quote Originally Posted by Q1Checkride View Post
    Hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
    <Queue Sam Kinison yelling. Repeat for 29 hours straight.>
    RIP, Sam... AWESOME!!

ringjamesa

$%#$^$#!! $%@#$^$!!! $%@^#$%&!!! $^^#$%&#$%&!!!! (&(&*&*%^#%!!!! $^)(&%#!!!!
    Ok, got that out of my system. 2 things. First this can only be the brainchild of someone who wants a star or a chief who misses the spitshine. Second and most importantly, if they can't even make enough uniforms/boots to supply the AF, where in the $@$%^%&$ are we supposed to get the mother$#%@#$ing green $#@$^@ shoe $^@$^ing polish to make the ^&#$%&% things %^^#$%^$ shine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MrMiracle View Post
    Utterly pointless. The uniform should not require this degree of micro-management. We've got classic black, tan suede and green suede, and not enough of any of the three to shoe the entire force.

Pick one that's useful (I like tan) and stick with it. Save some dough.
    Do we really not have enough of the green boots for everyone? I only wear the tan ones because sometimes I feel like it. I have 2 pairs of green ones from deploying and the clothing sales here has had the boots for over a year. What base is left that doesn't have the green boots for sale?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Boots? Good question, but ya'll need to have a better discussion about a hat that is GAY (the Army beret). All's I'm saying is that a GAY hat is more disturbing than boot color.

jason0926

Just curious---Why would you get green boots for a deployment? And last time I heard, they were no longer going to the green boots (not for posotive on that)

jason0926

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dragon View Post
    Boots? Good question, but ya'll need to have a better discussion about a hat that is GAY (the Army beret). All's I'm saying is that a GAY hat is more disturbing than boot color.
    Not when the color of the boot is f*ing green. The carpet at work is not sage green. Therefore our boots will never blend in with our natural surroundings. There are at least some sand colored carpets. not sage green tho