Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Tell Us: Boots

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Tell Us: Boots

Quote Originally Posted by blacksheep1208 View Post
    You end up with multiple pairs of boots regardless of job. I was issued two pairs of green boots from the Air Force before I deployed, and then the Army gave me two pairs of tan boots at CST. What are the boots that are being turned away covered with? Maybe it's a sanitary issue.

I know exactly what he is talking about. Its strictly an appearance issue. One pair for work, one "CLEAN" pair for the chow hall. Its not a sanitary issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I say a good pair of jungle boots

I wish they would make a pair of jungle boots for the ABU. Anyone seen something like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Modus View Post
    I wish they would make a pair of jungle boots for the ABU. Anyone seen something like that.
    ...sounds like a Korea trip again.
    success...

I am sure that I am plagiarizing someone.

A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice. - Bill Cosby

Oh I Hate To Wait {oih82w8}

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

maybe we can get a group buy rate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Modus View Post

Have you tried the Corcoran Marauders? I used to wear the jungle boots, but when I got these, wow, I really like them better. They are more comfortable (for me) and they are cooler than the jungle boots.

They are spendy, but in my opinion they are worth it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This whole uniform change saga is getting OLD!! What an incredible waste of money and manpower. It is obvious the powers that be, who are more than likely sitting @ a big table, IN THEIR FLIGHTSUITS, will never get it right. Until the "deciders" get out in the trenches and actually have to wear an ABU for it's intended purpose, they will never understand what we need. All they will do is whatever best suits them while they are flying a desk in a $200 pair of Air Force issued fire retardant pajamas....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I see alot of people getting the cotton abu's for comfort in the heat i know going outside at 4 p.m. in texas when it's 104 degrees in ABU's isn't quite comfortable since i have to park a quarter mile away from the building

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thread from 2009 revived by a banned new guy? Hmmmm....

With that said, when I retired I was wearing Corcoran Marauders, great boots. Those green things ya'll wear now make me want to throw up, actually they look like someone threw up on them, THEY SUCK!!!
    "Wrong" is one of those concepts that requires witnesses. Catbert, Evil Director of Human Resources