Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell Us: Stupid Army rules

tankgunner

Thumbs up Re: Tell Us: Stupid Army rules

Get Rid Of The Damn Tape Test, If The Soldier Passes The Apft, If The Soldier Can Lead, If We Can Rely On The Soldier, Then Who Gives A Damn About A Stupid Test. After All The Army Doesn't Care About This So Called Tool When We All Have To Deploy. So Pretty Much Is A Double Standard In Favor Of The Army. I Bet Those Who Work In A Nice Office With A/c All Day Long Doesn't Have To Get Taped.

femalevet64

Letting opposite sex in rms

I have went through several wars now married and single. I am very opened minded person but when they changed the rule allowing opposite sex in rooms in combat. I have to say "Wrong if you are married" this is nothing but trouble and when things do happen the unit wants to hide it. After being the wife at home this time and experiencing this and seeing the effect of the hurt and pain. Someone needs to wake up!

If you are married there is no reason for the opposite sex in your room, there is enough common areas!!

So please realize the hurt and pain this is causing and the divorce rate, domestic violence, murders and can be financial hardship.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Tell Us: Stupid Army rules

A policy needs to be implemented that limits centralized promotions (E-7+) to those who have served a combat tour. OIF/OEF is not Grenada where you could conceivably missed out on deploying by being on leave or in school during the entire operation. With the exception of very few MOSs that just aren't needed in the war zone, those who haven't deployed yet are actively trying not to deploy. That's all well and good but the promotions should stop.

Too many dumb policies/rules exist for me to even get started.

Re: Tell Us: Stupid Army rules

Quote Originally Posted by tankgunner View Post
    Get Rid Of The Damn Tape Test, If The Soldier Passes The Apft, If The Soldier Can Lead, If We Can Rely On The Soldier, Then Who Gives A Damn About A Stupid Test. After All The Army Doesn't Care About This So Called Tool When We All Have To Deploy. So Pretty Much Is A Double Standard In Favor Of The Army. I Bet Those Who Work In A Nice Office With A/c All Day Long Doesn't Have To Get Taped.
    The problem with this policy is that it was originally created thanks to a little something called...Quality Management Program...or QMP. This program is specifically designed to downsize the Army. Therefore, they set standards which, while are not completely impossible to meet, inherently eliminate at least a good chunk of today's Army. It's an unfair, but ingenious, plot to terminate the excess personnel who may or may not be sitting around simply collecting a paycheck.

Interestingly enough, QMP is normally initiated right around the time a democrat is POTUS.
    The Analytical Menace of the Troll Cabal

Quote Originally Posted by Measure Man View Post
    Your argument doesn't even make no sense...it makes negative sense.

Re: Letting opposite sex in rms

Quote Originally Posted by femalevet64 View Post
    I have went through several wars now married and single. I am very opened minded person but when they changed the rule allowing opposite sex in rooms in combat. I have to say "Wrong if you are married" this is nothing but trouble and when things do happen the unit wants to hide it. After being the wife at home this time and experiencing this and seeing the effect of the hurt and pain. Someone needs to wake up!

If you are married there is no reason for the opposite sex in your room, there is enough common areas!!

So please realize the hurt and pain this is causing and the divorce rate, domestic violence, murders and can be financial hardship.

What unit allows this? This is the first time I've ever heard of coed habitat in the Army--outside of a tent in a FOB (the common areas you spoke of). Coed barracks rooms?? I call BS.

femalevet64

Quote Originally Posted by acesfilter View Post
    What unit allows this? This is the first time I've ever heard of coed habitat in the Army--outside of a tent in a FOB (the common areas you spoke of). Coed barracks rooms?? I call BS.
    This would be a unit under 4ID at Camp Liberty, Iraq in the 2 soldier trailers. The Order was changed I believe 2 yrs ago allowing opposite sex soldiers in each others living quarters. So how this improved things but the DIVORCE RATE and more problems and strains on marriages. I will not understand! As for common areas there are the unit common areas that have TV's w/dvd players and game systems. There also the Moral centers.....

Quote Originally Posted by femalevet64 View Post
    This would be a unit under 4ID at Camp Liberty, Iraq in the 2 soldier trailers. The Order was changed I believe 2 yrs ago allowing opposite sex soldiers in each others living quarters. So how this improved things but the DIVORCE RATE and more problems and strains on marriages. I will not understand! As for common areas there are the unit common areas that have TV's w/dvd players and game systems. There also the Moral centers.....
    So in other words (assuming this is even true), it has improved nothing. At any rate, I would love to see this validated with sources. Till then, I'm gonna deem this as inconceivable--as the Army has been known to go completely out of their way to avoid this. Why do you think they require same gender Soldiers to observe other Soldiers of that gender during a UA?

tankgunner

Thumbs up Re: Letting opposite sex in rms

Quote Originally Posted by acesfilter View Post
    So in other words (assuming this is even true), it has improved nothing. At any rate, I would love to see this validated with sources. Till then, I'm gonna deem this as inconceivable--as the Army has been known to go completely out of their way to avoid this. Why do you think they require same gender Soldiers to observe other Soldiers of that gender during a UA?

IT WASN'T COED LIVING, SIMPLY PUT, THEY WERE ALLOWED TO VISIT EACH OTHERS QUARTERS. THIS DRAMATICALLY INCREASED THE DIVORCED RATES AND THE CASES WHERE EVEN FEMALE SOLDIERS WERE GETTING PREGNANT. UNLIKE THE PROIR DEPLOYMENT WHERE WE WEREN'T ALLOWED INSIDE THE ROOMS OF THE OPPOSITE SEX AT ALL.

tankgunner

Thumbs up Re: Tell Us: Stupid Army rules

ANOTHER THING THAT REALLY MAKES ME ANGRY, THE SO CALLED SLACKERS WHO SEEM TO AVOID DEPLOYMENTS BY VOLUNTEERING TO GO TO PLACES LIKE KOREA OR DRILL STATUS, AND ONCE THEY ARE DONE THEY GO TO A UNIT, BUT ONCE THEY GET TOLD THEY ARE DEPLOYING THEY EITHER VOLUNTEER AGAIN OR THEY GO GET A PERMANENT PROFILE. HMM, IS IT ME OR JUST THE SYSTEM.

Variable Wind

Quote Originally Posted by tankgunner View Post
    IT WASN'T COED LIVING, SIMPLY PUT, THEY WERE ALLOWED TO VISIT EACH OTHERS QUARTERS. THIS DRAMATICALLY INCREASED THE DIVORCED RATES AND THE CASES WHERE EVEN FEMALE SOLDIERS WERE GETTING PREGNANT. UNLIKE THE PROIR DEPLOYMENT WHERE WE WEREN'T ALLOWED INSIDE THE ROOMS OF THE OPPOSITE SEX AT ALL.
    Hang on, if you are married you dont live in the same housing as the single soldiers right? How would that effect married soldiers?