Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Tell Us: Stupid Army rules

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Tell Us: Stupid Army rules

What about the lack of rules? Case in point - The Army Writing Style has been thrown out the window and given way to the worst grammar and spelling that I have seen on NCOER's and other paperwork.

We can use the 18 pages of this thread as another example.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh my god Tell me about it ! ....

The ARMY is full of inconsistencies. Leadership does not really care about their soldiers anyway. At least that is what i have learned for the past 6 years of my contract.

ADRBUDDY

Newbie - (Restricted)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ever heard of TRADOC? Let me give you a small taste of what it's currently like to be in AIT

1. No drinking. Ever.

2. No leave (except emergency and holiday exodus)

3. No travel outside of the set radius (which sucks when you're in bloody nowhere)

4. Night formations (i.e. - COB at 1700, accountability formation at 2100, bedcheck at 2300 fri, sat nights, wtf?) God forbid I have any time to myself.

5. Battle buddies, at all times, same sex only. I've also heard of permanent battle buddies (i.e.- your roommate) I don't know any females who can handle their roommates for that long, even when they do get along. Thanks for screwing all the females in male dominated MOSs, so much for integrating women into new MOSs or, you know, creating any kind of cohesion between men and women. Apparently we're all too paranoid about SHARP for that to work out, God forbid I'll get to a unit and find myself surrounded by members of the opposite sex.

6. Once a month PT tests - because making you take twelve when only one of them actually counts is the only way to know if you'll pass!

Here's some fun ones unique to my company

- Formation movement at all times - This is epic, my 1SG decided we can only move in formation in groups of 4 or more. So after COB when we go back to our barracks, we have to form up and march 10-20 feet back to our barracks. No joke.

- Once a week ruck marches - Let's wake everyone up an hour earlier so we can march god knows where before we march everywhere else the rest of the day. What's an 18 hour day when all the others are 17? Remember: Don't fall asleep in class.

- Saturday everything! - We don't have time for additional training during the week, we're just going to send you to class all day on Saturday. We don't do enough field training, let's do a once a month FTX on a saturday to go over all the things you learned in basic, so we can do less on the real FTX! You can sleep when you're dead.

Yeah, AIT is a joy. If anyone had told me that it was going to suck this much, I'd have picked a much easier, shorter AIT, so I could get screwed for about a quarter of the time.

Newbie - (Restricted)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Question Re: Tell Us: Stupid Army rules

Agree with Nurses can multitask better than most people! (My daughter is one.)
    Add that years ago you had to bring in an empty cardboard roll to get a new roll of Toilet Paper , and a burnt out light bulb to get a New Bulb from Army Supply room.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Tell Us: Dumb Army rules

Quote Originally Posted by RONALD45 View Post
    . PT in formation in a combat zone
    2. Formations in a combat zone
    3. Eyewear, Ear plugs, when mowing or weed eating really does anyone wear this crap when mowing a lawn at home????
    4. Reflective belts with a PT uniform period wasn't the thing touted to be "reflective when we bought it"
    5. Wearing a reflective belt with PT's at NOON in a war zone
    6. The "troop strap" on the backs of cargo trucks really have these things ever prevented a Soldier from being injured in a rollover, accident etc.
    7. Banning of social network sites in a combat zone, then the Army come up with it's own myspace, facebook etc page
    8. Barracks inspections (you don't do housing inspections do you, turn the barracks over to POST housing and if a problem let THEM inspect)
    9. Giving Single Females who get pregnant military housing (aren't these the type of "irresponsible" people you would want in the barracks in order to keep an eye on)
    10. Keeping the injured, infirm, non deployable on the "books" in order to increase numbers of the unit, even though these folks cannot perform the mission.
    11. Keeping the above IN THE MILITARY instead of medboarding them out
    12. Not talking on a cell phone when driving (yet you can talk on any military communication gear while doing the same)
    13. Keeping troops at work when you obviously must come up with work for them to do to justify having them there to begin with (ie yard detail, area beautification etc hire some damned landscapers already lord knows we waste enough money on everything else)
    3) This one has been around for a very long time, and was established for two very good reasons. Eyewear is a good idea since very few people take the time and trouble to do a police call before mowing lawns, with the result that solid objects are ejected out the cut grass port that can hit the operator. As for Earplugs, I remember when they were made mandatory issue items to cut down on troops suffering from Tinnitus from being subject to excess noise from not only from lawn mowers, but from vehicles with very loud engines and firearms on the range. Eliminating these two items would reverse the hearing and face protection.

6) Troop Straps were originally added to cargo trucks to provide something for troops to hold onto when boarding or alighting from the trucks. It was never intended to prevent troops from being ejected in the event of a rollover or other accident.

8) Barracks Inspections have been part of Troop Discipline for a very long time. When the Military handled their own Post Housing, there were indeed housing Inspections, both when the incoming occupant took occupancy and when the outgoing occupant relinquished occupancy. The Housing Inspections indeed passed on to the private Land Lords when the Military got out of the Post Housing business. Barracks - on the other hand - are required to be operated by the Military to provide sufficient housing to house all of the members of a unit. Of course, Post and Off Post housing have become the norm these days, but Barracks are still required.
    (12) Talking on Cell Phones while driving vehicles is now illegal in a rising number of States, so the ship has sailed on that recommendation. As to Radio Communication, It was always the person in the right-hand front seat who was the Radio Operator for the exact reason that it was long ago judged unsafe for the Driver to be the Radio Operator while the vehicle is moving.
    [FONT=arial black]SSG Cornelius Seon, USA (Retired)
    [/FONT][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][COLOR=#000000][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=4][B][FONT=arial black]We must respect the other fellow’s religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart.

H.L. Mencken
    [/FONT][/B][/SIZE]

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Re: Tell Us: Dumb Army rules

Quote Originally Posted by CORNELIUSSEON View Post
    3) This one has been around for a very long time, and was established for two very good reasons. Eyewear is a good idea since very few people take the time and trouble to do a police call before mowing lawns, with the result that solid objects are ejected out the cut grass port that can hit the operator. As for Earplugs, I remember when they were made mandatory issue items to cut down on troops suffering from Tinnitus from being subject to excess noise from not only from lawn mowers, but from vehicles with very loud engines and firearms on the range. Eliminating these two items would reverse the hearing and face protection.

6) Troop Straps were originally added to cargo trucks to provide something for troops to hold onto when boarding or alighting from the trucks. It was never intended to prevent troops from being ejected in the event of a rollover or other accident.

8) Barracks Inspections have been part of Troop Discipline for a very long time. When the Military handled their own Post Housing, there were indeed housing Inspections, both when the incoming occupant took occupancy and when the outgoing occupant relinquished occupancy. The Housing Inspections indeed passed on to the private Land Lords when the Military got out of the Post Housing business. Barracks - on the other hand - are required to be operated by the Military to provide sufficient housing to house all of the members of a unit. Of course, Post and Off Post housing have become the norm these days, but Barracks are still required.
    (12) Talking on Cell Phones while driving vehicles is now illegal in a rising number of States, so the ship has sailed on that recommendation. As to Radio Communication, It was always the person in the right-hand front seat who was the Radio Operator for the exact reason that it was long ago judged unsafe for the Driver to be the Radio Operator while the vehicle is moving.
    I find your use of word capitalization to be interesting.

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Anyone else love it when threads from 4 years ago are recycled?