Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is this BAH fraud?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Is this BAH fraud?

Quote Originally Posted by Kronus View Post
    Really,well I guess it should be mentioned the 30 worthless NightStalker II flashlights we have in our armory that cost 7 grand a piece, have to be charged for 24 hours to get 4 hours use, and are 18 inches long and as big around as the fat end of a baseball bat...but hey, they arent even as bright as my handheld surefire, they come a really cool, and useful, sling--in case you EVER decided to draw one, much less use it--but, on brightside, the contract most likely rode in on some retired Colonel's coattails (padding his pocket no doubt) like so much of the other garbage MARCORSYSCOM or whoever decides is vital to the execution of of the Marine Corps mission.

Just my thoughts on "fraud, waste, and abuse."
    Sooooo....report it if you think its such waste.
    He who is remembered, is immortal. But he who is forgotton, never lived.
    We are the beasts, the bastards, the terrors in the night. And we're all that stand between you and what you fear most.
    Shaman Arbites of the Troll Cabal
    I voted for Shrike and all I got was this stupid Ambassadorship!
    Shrike's Czar of the War on Flat-Chestedness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Obviously...but who would I report it to...My CO knows its there, as does the Battalion I am sure, Division, etc...I really think that the ONLY people who would care would be the American Taxpayer...but I'll tell you, the American Taxpayer would care a whole lot more about worthless equipment appropriations I think than they would about BAH fraud...most civilians don't believe we get paid enough anyway. Now, does that make it right, no it doesn't...I guess, it is what it is...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Obviously...but who would I report it to...My CO knows its there, as does the Battalion I am sure, Division, etc...I really think that the ONLY people who would care would be the American Taxpayer...but I'll tell you, the American Taxpayer would care a whole lot more about worthless equipment appropriations I think than they would about BAH fraud...most civilians don't believe we get paid enough anyway. Now, does that make it right, no it doesn't...I guess, it is what it is...
    Your local OSI, NCIS, or CID office. Believe it or not, FWA is their job to investigate.
    He who is remembered, is immortal. But he who is forgotton, never lived.
    We are the beasts, the bastards, the terrors in the night. And we're all that stand between you and what you fear most.
    Shaman Arbites of the Troll Cabal
    I voted for Shrike and all I got was this stupid Ambassadorship!
    Shrike's Czar of the War on Flat-Chestedness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Really,well I guess it should be mentioned the 30 worthless NightStalker II flashlights we have in our armory that cost 7 grand a piece, have to be charged for 24 hours to get 4 hours use, and are 18 inches long and as big around as the fat end of a baseball bat...but hey, they arent even as bright as my handheld surefire, they come a really cool, and useful, sling--in case you EVER decided to draw one, much less use it--but, on brightside, the contract most likely rode in on some retired Colonel's coattails (padding his pocket no doubt) like so much of the other garbage MARCORSYSCOM or whoever decides is vital to the execution of of the Marine Corps mission.

Just my thoughts on "fraud, waste, and abuse."
    My unit had that same idiotic piece of gear back in 2006/2007 and they all mysteriously disappeared. Those flashlights suck.

I want to know how the person writing this thread was privy to this info. sounds like a disgruntled ex to me. i want more info... i really just like gossip and being nosey but i still want more. lol
    "Err, Kill, Yut and all that trash."
    -SSgt/0369

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kvnhlstd View Post
    Kind of reminds me of an old case I investigated years ago...

Had a guy come in and complain the his soon to be ex-wife was committing fraud beacause she was divorcing him and going after half of his retirement. Now the rest of the story.

Guy mets girl and lives with girl for about a year. Guy gets orders overseas, Girl had become accustomed to shopping at the BX and Commisary and hanging out at the club with Guy. Guy decides if we marry I can PCS and get BAH and live the high life without a dependent around, Girl decides "I liked the idea of having a id card with no husband". They marry and live apart for the better part of 13 years, he never supported her but kept her on DEERS enrollment and flew back to see his family occasionally as well as get her id card renewed. Guy finally decides to retire and tells girl/wife that the id card will be getting cut off after the retirement, she had a better plan, she filed for divorce and 1/2 of his retirement pay... they had been legally married under Nevada law for almost 14 years. Yea... we had a great time investigating this case, proved fraud because they were so pissed at each other that they both told us that they married with the only intention of getting the id card and the extra money and had only lived under the same roof for two weeks.
    So what happened to the two of them/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CrustySMSgt View Post
    Unless I'm reading the reg wrong, I think you're wrong:

http://www.defenselink.mil/comptroll...rch/07A26j.pdf

According to this the member SHALL pay support as a requisite to receiving with dependant rate, even in the absence of a court order
    Crusty according to that definition, there is nobody to enforce that but the spouse who should be receiving it. If I were that E-6, I'd save it for a college fund. The reg also doesn't say the money has to go the the ex, just that it needs to go towards "support"
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bonham View Post
    If another dude was checking me out I'd be flattered. I know I'm a sex-machine, but I do appreciate reminders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How do you know the ins and out of this person's relationship with their kids? If you have kids, then you get dependent rate BAH/OHA. The A.F. did this to cut back on the BAH Diff payments a while ago. There is no fraud here with this person getting with dependent BAH. Sounds like a bunch of hating though. Why dont you ask the person about their situation instead of us? They may not have a court order to pay child support. The individual may be socking away money into a savings account or college fund, or maybe even gold. Stop plotting and ask them. If its truely fraud, then do what you feel necessary. I say to mind your own damn business.
    Death does not concern us, because as long as we exist, death is not here. And when it does come, we no longer exist.

Epicurus

Newbie - (Restricted)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Resurrecting an old thread because, as a "probationary user", I cannot create a new one. I have a friend who is married with 2 kids to a guy enlisted in the Navy. He lives on base in another state but receives BAH for the house they are purchasing back home. Their marriage has recently become rocky and, due to this, for the past several months he has been refusing to pay the mortgage and is pocketing the money. Does she have any options to ensure the the money he is given for BAH is used for his children's housing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HorsesOfProgress View Post
    Resurrecting an old thread because, as a "probationary user", I cannot create a new one. I have a friend who is married with 2 kids to a guy enlisted in the Navy. He lives on base in another state but receives BAH for the house they are purchasing back home. Their marriage has recently become rocky and, due to this, for the past several months he has been refusing to pay the mortgage and is pocketing the money. Does she have any options to ensure the the money he is given for BAH is used for his children's housing?
    Doubt it. It is more likely than not that he lives in gov contracted housing and they take his BAH so he couldn't give it to her even if he wanted to....
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HorsesOfProgress View Post
    If he is still legally married, then she should be able to speak to the command about him not meeting his financial requirements..