Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Homosexuality & Morality - Conflict of Terms!?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Homosexuality & Morality - Conflict of Terms!?

January 21, 2009 (LifeSiteNews.com) – Oregon politician Sam Adams became a symbol of the successful advancement of the homosexual agenda in May of 2008 when he was elected mayor of Portland, Oregon in a landslide victory – making Portland the largest American city to elect an openly homosexual mayor.

Now, however, Adam’s status as one of the most prominent and admired homosexual politicians may have come to an abrupt end, as he has admitted to repeatedly lying about his relationship with an 18-year-old intern.

Adams made the admission in a statement released Monday and a press conference on Tuesday, after evidence proving that his relationship with the young man was sexual in nature was presented to him by representatives of the Willamette Week, a local newspaper.

While rumors about Adams and the former intern, Beau Breedlove, have swirled about since the lead-up to the mayoral race in 2007, both Adams and Breedlove have publicly and repeatedly denied that their relationship was sexual. Instead they have characterized the relationship as one of “mentor” and “mentored.”

Besides the large gap in age between the two (Adams is now 45) and the fact that the relationship was homosexual in nature, the accusations are even more controversial due to the fact that when Adams and Breedlove met, the young man was only 17, making him a minor.

Adams, however, continues to deny that he had sexual relations with Breedlove prior to his 18th birthday, which took place in June of 2005. The sexual relationship, he claims, began several weeks after Breedlove’s birthday.

In an official statement, Adams apologized for lying and for instructing Breedlove to lie. “In the past, I have characterized my relationship with Beau Breedlove as purely non-sexual,” he said. “That is not true. Beau Breedlove and I had a sexual relationship for a few months in the summer of 2005 after he turned 18 years of age.”

Adams said that he should have been honest from the beginning, and said that the reason he was not honest is that he “was afraid that people would believe untrue rumors, being circulated by an undeclared mayoral opponent, that I had broken a law involving sexual relations with a minor.”

However, he admitted, “this is not a good excuse.”

“I apologize to Beau for asking him to lie for me. I apologize to my colleagues for my poor handling of this matter. I apologize to the people of Portland for my dishonesty. I should have been truthful from the beginning.”

Adams, as “one of the leaders of the gay community,” said that he also wanted to apologize to them “for embarrassing them.”

According to OPB news, the Multnomah County District Attorney’s office has confirmed that an independent investigation will be launched into the affair. The investigation will seek to find if the mayor did indeed break the law by engaging in sexual relations with a minor.

Calls for Adams’ resignation began shortly after the news of the scandal broke. Portland’s police union was one of the groups that issued such a call. "The police mantra has always been, if you lie, cheat or steal while on duty or during the course of your duties you should be terminated,” explained Police union president Scott Westerman. “How is this any different? I think he should resign.”

Besides the police union, the Oregonian and the Portland Tribune newspapers have both demanded that Adams step down. In an editorial the Portland Tribune explained, “Adams engaged in incredibly inappropriate actions and then lied about them for 17 months. In doing so, Adams created an irreparable breach in trust with the people who elected him.”

While the mayor has so far said that he does not intend to resign, he has admitted, "If it were no longer in the city's best interests that I stay, yes, I would resign."
    Texas Has The Death Penalty - We Use It!:biggrin

Last Year They Introduced Legislation That Would Expedite The Appeals Process If There Were 3 or More Witnesses To The Crime

While Other States Are fighting To Keep The Death Penalty Out
    Texas Is Putting In An EXPRESS LANE!!
    Ron White:rockon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Homosexuality & Morality - Conflict of Terms!?

Continued validation that homosexuality is a sexual dysfunction that reaches far and wide. No matter how hard you try to validate its normalcy. DADT should not be repealed giving the armed services opportunity to screen for issues that can create damage in our young soldiers.

Last Year They Introduced Legislation That Would Expedite The Appeals Process If There Were 3 or More Witnesses To The Crime

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Very interesting article. Good segue to DADT. I came in a time when they did ask you if you were a homosexual and when I was asked (that was my screening process; couple of questions on a sheet of paper; no backdoor checks at all, and put my john hancock to the document); I just said no as did millions of others who served during my time and before, so just wondering how inquiring will cause damage to future soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines. If it will be repealed, I figure there wouldnt be a screening process at all or am I missing something here? I know DADT was to appease equal rights for all to serve and eliminate blatant discrimination but if you came out, discovered by an "immoral" act, then there were repercussions. Now if they can be open and serve; well oh well. I dont agree with many things that became policy, so be it. Just pick up a weapon and watch my back while I watch yours. That is all I care about. Just dont sasche while we breaking down doors.

Anyway, there are other threads that debate this sensitive topic.

Also very similar to the Sean Penn movie in which he was nominated

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/.../27/sean.penn/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The different scopes of interpretation on homosexuality are, morality (sense of right and wrong), religion (sin), and mental health. DADT also includes good order.
    I wanted to discuss mental health.

The argument has been going for many years is it nurture or nature? Were you born there or did you acquire it.
    Neither side can be proved so it remains in debate.

I am a huge promoter of REBT (Rational Emotive Behavioral therapy) and Behavior Modification.
    We have different forms of addiction. Psychological and physical are the predominant classification. Physical addictions are the addictions that in Lyman's terms means our body has assimilated the substance as part of our body and its function and leaves the body responding to the absence of the substance as if it were going to die. Now some substance such as alcohol or barbiturates can go to the extreme as to cause grand maul seizures and you could die.
    The other is the psychological dependence. This is where I believe homosexuality falls. It is an addiction. Anything that is mood altering has the potential for abuse and addiction. Substance, gambling, spending, sex, physical abuse all have the potential to become addicted to. Anything that can alter your mood through the experience.

I believe through many different experiences homosexual desires can be birthed. When acted upon they produce increased desire and an attempt to normalize the behavior.

As with drug abuse there are those that their mental make- up is such that they don’t experience as dramatic dysfunction as others.
    AS with drug abuse it likes to incorporate a following. It has to continue to find the extremes to reproduce the euphoric effects.
    The normalizing homosexual behavior in my opinion is no different than the legalizing some drugs. The drug in itself is not that damaging but it leads to a lifestyle of harder, more addictive type drugs.

Homosexuality can and does incorporate pedophilia in some cases.

My concern with the acceptance of gay activity in the military by the repealing of the DADT is not so much the unwanted glance in the shower but the incorporating of young men and women into a lifestyle that once experienced may not be a choice but an obligation to justify behavior.
    In my mind if people “came out” as drug addicts. Then every young person that experienced drug use would be far more prone to identify with the addiction then the experience. It’s the danger is see in this condition.

Because you have fulfilled your homosexual desires and it feels good does not make it DNA driven. That means it’s psychologically driven. Any mood altering experience repeatedly acted on becomes habit and desire.

This goes for any sexual relationship. Many of them are psychologically damaging. The number one issue causing problems with recruits is relationship issues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mel44 View Post
    The different scopes of interpretation on homosexuality are, morality (sense of right and wrong), religion (sin)

The argument has been going for many years is it nurture or nature? Were you born there or did you acquire it.
    Seems to me it makes little difference how we got there.

I really love getting these choice little pieces out of the bible.

Jesus spoke in Matthew 19 about marriage and the immorality of adultery and divorce.
    Jesus gives an explanatory example.

19.10 ¶ His disciples say unto him, If the case of the man be so with his wife, it is not good to marry.
    19.11 But he said unto them, All men cannot receive this saying, save they to whom it is given.
    19.12 For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it.
    So Jesus being all knowing I would think that this applies to homosexuality as well since he has remained silent on this.
    I really do love a women that gives good oratory......For those that dont understand the word oratory....because clearly there are some lol,

or·a·to·ry
    1. The art of public speaking.
    2. Eloquence or skill in making speeches to the public.
    3. Public speaking marked by the use of overblown rhetoric.

...................................Just so theres no ambiguity.........wouldn't like to commit the crime of ambiguity...!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The different scopes of interpretation on homosexuality are, morality (sense of right and wrong), religion (sin), and mental health. DADT also includes good order.
    I wanted to discuss mental health.

I am a huge promoter of REBT (Rational Emotive Behavioral therapy) and Behavior Modification.
    We have different forms of addiction. Psychological and physical are the predominant classification. Physical addictions are the addictions that in Lyman's terms means our body has assimilated the substance as part of our body and its function and leaves the body responding to the absence of the substance as if it were going to die. Now some substance such as alcohol or barbiturates can go to the extreme as to cause grand maul seizures and you could die.
    The other is the psychological dependence. This is where I believe homosexuality falls. It is an addiction. Anything that is mood altering has the potential for abuse and addiction. Substance, gambling, spending, sex, physical abuse all have the potential to become addicted to. Anything that can alter your mood through the experience.

I believe through many different experiences homosexual desires can be birthed. When acted upon they produce increased desire and an attempt to normalize the behavior.

As with drug abuse there are those that their mental make- up is such that they don’t experience as dramatic dysfunction as others.
    AS with drug abuse it likes to incorporate a following. It has to continue to find the extremes to reproduce the euphoric effects.
    The normalizing homosexual behavior in my opinion is no different than the legalizing some drugs. The drug in itself is not that damaging but it leads to a lifestyle of harder, more addictive type drugs.

Homosexuality can and does incorporate pedophilia in some cases.

My concern with the acceptance of gay activity in the military by the repealing of the DADT is not so much the unwanted glance in the shower but the incorporating of young men and women into a lifestyle that once experienced may not be a choice but an obligation to justify behavior.
    In my mind if people “came out” as drug addicts. Then every young person that experienced drug use would be far more prone to identify with the addiction then the experience. It’s the danger is see in this condition.

Because you have fulfilled your homosexual desires and it feels good does not make it DNA driven. That means it’s psychologically driven. Any mood altering experience repeatedly acted on becomes habit and desire.

This goes for any sexual relationship. Many of them are psychologically damaging. The number one issue causing problems with recruits is relationship issues.
    I love this and want to dive into your arument that homosexuality is an addiction because it is a mind altering action. So you eat bland food with no salt nor sugar? You drink only water? Your sex with your husband was for procreation and had no feelings to it what so ever? Even love, you have none, for that can also be considered mind altering action and people can be addicted to it. Why does just the act of being gay constitue an addiction? They may just prefer the company of men over women.

DNA drives us to procreate, God gave us the understaning that sex can be more than just procreation. But yes, he did stipulate who should have sex. My only argument is to let people do as they please, dont shun them, dont dismiss them for their action or life style. Accept them for being human and allow God to do with them as God wants to do with them. If I am shot in action, I dont really who comes to save my life, a gay man is not going to take advantage of me any more than a woman or a straight man caring for a woman would.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WILDJOKER5 View Post
    I love this and want to dive into your arument that homosexuality is an addiction because it is a mind altering action. So you eat bland food with no salt nor sugar? You drink only water? Your sex with your husband was for procreation and had no feelings to it what so ever? Even love, you have none, for that can also be considered mind altering action and people can be addicted to it. Why does just the act of being gay constitue an addiction? They may just prefer the company of men over women.

DNA drives us to procreate, God gave us the understaning that sex can be more than just procreation. But yes, he did stipulate who should have sex. My only argument is to let people do as they please, dont shun them, dont dismiss them for their action or life style. Accept them for being human and allow God to do with them as God wants to do with them. If I am shot in action, I dont really who comes to save my life, a gay man is not going to take advantage of me any more than a woman or a straight man caring for a woman would.
    Well looks like we are going to have to agree to disagree

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OIFCOMBATVETNYC View Post
    Very interesting article. Good segue to DADT. I came in a time when they did ask you if you were a homosexual and when I was asked (that was my screening process; couple of questions on a sheet of paper; no backdoor checks at all, and put my john hancock to the document); I just said no as did millions of others who served during my time and before, so just wondering how inquiring will cause damage to future soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines. If it will be repealed, I figure there wouldnt be a screening process at all or am I missing something here? I know DADT was to appease equal rights for all to serve and eliminate blatant discrimination but if you came out, discovered by an "immoral" act, then there were repercussions. Now if they can be open and serve; well oh well. I dont agree with many things that became policy, so be it. Just pick up a weapon and watch my back while I watch yours. That is all I care about. Just dont sasche while we breaking down doors.

Anyway, there are other threads that debate this sensitive topic.

Also very similar to the Sean Penn movie in which he was nominated

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/.../27/sean.penn/
    I can picture this, and it would be hilarious!!!

True story: Back in the day, my buddies and I would all go back and forth teasing that so-and-so was a member of "Clinton's AF," due to the then-new DADT. Anyone pointing a finger at me though, was corrected on the spot: I joined when Bush-41 was in office, and I too had to answer those same questions during my recruitment phase. Ahhh, memories! lol
    Something or other, of the Troll Cabal (Retired)

"You don't need to see my identification."
    "I'm not the Troll you're looking for."
    "I can go about my business."
    "Move along."

"Leadership is solving problems. The day soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them. They have either lost confidence that you can help or concluded you do not care. Either case is a failure of leadership."--Colin Powell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Continued validation that homosexuality is a sexual dysfunction that reaches far and wide. No matter how hard you try to validate its normalcy. DADT should not be repealed giving the armed services opportunity to screen for issues that can create damage in our young soldiers.
    WTF does one have to do with the other? Seems there have been a whole lot of recent incidents involving heterosexual indiscressions... so how does this story make a case that one precludes the other?
    "If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep the streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep the street so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well. "

Dr Martin Luther King, Jr.

Chief Runner Amok of the Troll Cabal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CrustySMSgt View Post
    WTF does one have to do with the other? Seems there have been a whole lot of recent incidents involving heterosexual indiscressions... so how does this story make a case that one precludes the other?
    ok elabortate a little -