Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Homosexuality & Morality - Conflict of Terms!?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Homosexuality & Morality - Conflict of Terms!?

Quote Originally Posted by Your_Name_Here View Post
    If--IF--there was any sexual activity involving a minor, then A) there would definitely be something the Mayor "needed" to hide and B) upon discovery of said activity, he would need to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Having said that...

Um, NO--this didn't validate sh!t. May be that because he knew the backlash public figures seem to get over gay relationships, this would bring him a lot of trouble. Gay relationships between consenting adults should be nothing to hide, and it is sad that he felt the need to cover it up, which is what brought this story about--NOT any perceived dysfunction.

And your Chicken-Little-like fears for what "might" happen if/when DADT is lifted are indeed hysterical. I'm just not sure if that's in a good way or bad way.
    In your world maybe but in the mental health world a 45 year old man having a sexual relationship with a 17 year old boy, asking him to be dishonest in the attempt to hide the act, demonstrates criminal behavior and activity. I worked the area of Minneapolis that the "of age" boys worked for drugs and a place to live. I've seen the devastation of the so called homosexual lifestyle. These weren't nasty, dirty old men, that solicited these boys. The were business men in 3 piece suits. 17,18 these are kids but again the desire for sexual euphoria, when dysfunctional, is much like drug use. It is constant and progressive. The need to reach the euphoric high seems to always lead to young, inexperienced boys.
    Texas Has The Death Penalty - We Use It!:biggrin

Last Year They Introduced Legislation That Would Expedite The Appeals Process If There Were 3 or More Witnesses To The Crime

While Other States Are fighting To Keep The Death Penalty Out
    Texas Is Putting In An EXPRESS LANE!!
    Ron White:rockon

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mel44 View Post
    In your world maybe but in the mental health world a 45 year old man having a sexual relationship with a 17 year old boy, asking him to be dishonest in the attempt to hide the act, demonstrates criminal behavior and activity. I worked the area of Minneapolis that the "of age" boys worked for drugs and a place to live. I've seen the devastation of the so called homosexual lifestyle. These weren't nasty, dirty old men, that solicited these boys. The were business men in 3 piece suits. 17,18 these are kids but again the desire for sexual euphoria, when dysfunctional, is much like drug use. It is constant and progressive. The need to reach the euphoric high seems to always lead to young, inexperienced boys.
    Yeah, good thing this country doesn't have any issues with older men going after younger girls.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cool Re: Homosexuality & Morality - Conflict of Terms!?

So you KNOW something happened between those two, and it happened when he was underage? Didn't they BOTH contend sex didn't happen until he was "of age?" We ARE still talking about the Mayor of Portland, OR, RIGHT? That's the only person I'm talking about--YOU posted the story, remember? And oh yeah--he owned up to the attempt to cover up the relationship; WTH else do you want?

What you are describing are boys using homosexuality as a means to an end--nothing more. Desperation can make you do a LOT of things you might not otherwise. You are seeing devastation caused by other stuff, perhaps (you mentioned drugs)--you WANT that devastation to be due to homosexuality--you want it to be so bad you can TASTE IT!!! Only one little detail: It just ain't so.
    Something or other, of the Troll Cabal (Retired)

"You don't need to see my identification."
    "I'm not the Troll you're looking for."
    "I can go about my business."
    "Move along."

"Leadership is solving problems. The day soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them. They have either lost confidence that you can help or concluded you do not care. Either case is a failure of leadership."--Colin Powell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OIFCOMBATVETNYC View Post
    Very interesting article. Good segue to DADT. I came in a time when they did ask you if you were a homosexual and when I was asked (that was my screening process; couple of questions on a sheet of paper; no backdoor checks at all, and put my john hancock to the document); I just said no as did millions of others who served during my time and before, so just wondering how inquiring will cause damage to future soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines. If it will be repealed, I figure there wouldnt be a screening process at all or am I missing something here? I know DADT was to appease equal rights for all to serve and eliminate blatant discrimination but if you came out, discovered by an "immoral" act, then there were repercussions. Now if they can be open and serve; well oh well. I dont agree with many things that became policy, so be it. Just pick up a weapon and watch my back while I watch yours. That is all I care about. Just dont sasche while we breaking down doors.

Anyway, there are other threads that debate this sensitive topic.

Also very similar to the Sean Penn movie in which he was nominated

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/.../27/sean.penn/
    I can picture this, and it would be hilarious!!!

True story: Back in the day, my buddies and I would all go back and forth teasing that so-and-so was a member of "Clinton's AF," due to the then-new DADT. Anyone pointing a finger at me though, was corrected on the spot: I joined when Bush-41 was in office, and I too had to answer those same questions during my recruitment phase. Ahhh, memories! lol

"Move along."

"Leadership is solving problems. The day soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them. They have either lost confidence that you can help or concluded you do not care. Either case is a failure of leadership."--Colin Powell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Here's the facts:
    1. The man was a representation of the first elected official, voted in, openly gay. He stood for something.
    his character and moral values were very important in the public eye.

Assessment classification for dysfunction- Continued use despite negative consequences

2. He began a relationship with the boy at the age of 17. Knowing the risk he took with his position and his
    life.
    Assessment Classification - Criminal behavior, criminal action - continued use despite legal
    consequences

3. Not only lied but engaged another in attempt to cover act
    Assessment classification - denial and covering behavior

4. admitted first to partial behavior
    Assessment classification - minimizing behavior and participation

5. Engaged in relationship in work environment with subordinate
    Assessment classification - use in inappropriate times or places

The final assessment is this person has sexual dysfunction to some degree. - I don't want any devastation. I believe it is a sexual dysfunction. I believe left to itself it will have an effect on the men and women in the military. This man was a predator. As a middle aged man that would seduce a 17, 18 year old girl into the same situation.

Last Year They Introduced Legislation That Would Expedite The Appeals Process If There Were 3 or More Witnesses To The Crime

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

This man was a predator. As a middle aged man that would seduce a 17, 18 year old girl into the same situation.
    Whew...you finally got to the point.

And I agree that we don't want predators in the military...

Do you really doubt that for every Portland mayor story, there is another story of a heterosexual predator...and another one of a homosexual couple who lived a long monogamous life together of great accomplishment, distinction, and service to the community?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Measure Man View Post
    Whew...you finally got to the point.

And I agree that we don't want predators in the military...

Do you really doubt that for every Portland mayor story, there is another story of a heterosexual predator...and another one of a homosexual couple who lived a long monogamous life together of great accomplishment, distinction, and service to the community?
    Have you got one?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Have you got one?
    Just Google it.

Here's one to get you started.

http://www.thebody.com/content/art39699.html

ringjamesa

Why is this here when there is a whole section on DADT?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Question Re: Homosexuality & Morality - Conflict of Terms!?

Quote Originally Posted by ringjamesa View Post
    Why is this here when there is a whole section on DADT?
    This started out as the story going on w/the Mayor of Portland, OR; it then snowballed into other things, as threads invariably do. AND--someone tried to tie this story together w/DADT, as if they were related.

"Move along."