Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: reenlistment bonuses

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: reenlistment bonuses

With the Dems in control that obama guy in the white house, the bonuses will very soon be gone. People will have to start reenlisting just because they love the service. Crazy thought huh?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Re-Enlistment Bonuses just recently posted for FY10 for the Marine Corps, surprisingly.... there is still some money to be had.

Could any of you tell me what takes so long to get a bonus? my husband did a 6 year re-enlistment with the Nat'l Guard. the bonus said half to be given up front (which it was) and the other half after completing 4 years. it has been 4 years and 2 months and still no other half of the bonus so he goes and checks with someone at the armory and they say 'it should be there any day now" this has been going on all month. I also think no, it shouldn't be taxed. if his 4 years were last year it would've been tax free as he was in iraq. then again they probably would've waited to give it to him this year since it's taking so long....does it realy take this long/ he's in good standings, no flags.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why all this hate on people who like bonuses? I understand we're not mercenaries but we're not slaves either. I could just as easily not re-enlist and mull around New York City collecting a massive BAH $2800 tax-free paycheck and $1000 worth of unemployment every month while going to school for free under the new GI Bill. If anything, bonuses show me that the Air Force actually has a vested interest in what I do and is willing to compensate me nicely for it. That, I can respect.

brianjpharris

Kenny....the re-enlistment bonuses are taxed 28% up front and then guess what? The bonus bumped my tax bracket up to the 25% level and now I have to pay more taxes. What a freaking joke.

I know so many people in the Air Force that "fly over" a war zone to re-enlist tax free for like 20 minutes. What a gip!!!! Taxing the bonus is ridicuolous. What difference should it make if I am in a war zone or not? Really? Bonuses should not be taxed on that basis.

Just remeber that the government has been scaming and finding loop holes since day 1.

Newbie - (Restricted)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have a question if anyone can answer please. I re enlisted 6 years in the national guard for 6yrs and was offered a 10, 000 bonus which was suppose to be paid the week after my ETS date which june 2 2013, I knew it could take up to 45 days to receive it but I havent seen anything yet. I contacted my readiness NCO which he said he contacted state and they said it has to go to the NGB 3 times first. I dont understsnd why I still do not have my bonus and why does it have to be reviewed? Is that just something they are telling me? Will I still get my bonus? Who else can I talk to so I can get my bonus? HELP PLEASE!!!