Page 1 of 145 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Imagery Analysis Retrain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Imagery Analysis Retrain

I am leaving in March to Goodfellow to crosstrain into Imagery Analysis. I was wondering if anyone out there has crosstrained into or is going to be going to Goodfellow the same time I am for crosstraining. Just trying to have some explain how this whole thing is going to work and looking for some advice. Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Imagery Analysis Retrain

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyefan221 View Post
    I am leaving in March to Goodfellow to crosstrain into Imagery Analysis. I was wondering if anyone out there has crosstrained into or is going to be going to Goodfellow the same time I am for crosstraining. Just trying to have some explain how this whole thing is going to work and looking for some advice. Thanks!
    Buckeyefan221,

I am also retraining into Imagery Analysis, my class date is in mid-April. I put Creech at the top of my dream sheet, as I am hoping to go there and be a Predator sensor operator. From what I have heard, you should know what your post-training assignment is going to be around 3 months into your training. Other than that, I don't know what to tell you, I have spoken to a couple of Imagery Analysts, they indicated that you can do a broad variety of things in that job, they both seemed to enjoy it. I'm looking forward to the opportunity to learn something new!

Mestisa

I'll also be there mid-april! I was contemplating the sensor operator job, I just know about being at Creech! Especially if that means my husband gets assigned to Nellis. I'm really hoping to get back to Germany. We'll see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah I put down Hickam but I'm sure I'll end up back here at Langley because it is DGS-1. I thought the sensor operator job looked cool too but I don't think I would like working at Creech because that place is in the middle of nowhere. My class start date is 19 March. When is yalls? And have yall heard anything about living situations as far as room setup and amenities?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I see that it's been a couple of weeks since anyone's been on here. I guess I'll add my 2 cents anyway. I currently work in the Intelligence division in AFSOC at Hurlburt as a 3CO. I start school in April. I've been in contact with Goodfellow quite a bit. I'm a tech select and I'm leaving my family down here. I'm applying for a BAH waiver so I can keep my BAH in Florida. Unfortunately I'll have to live in the dorms. Oh well. Apparently you can retain your BAS also. I've seen that there's a few more Tech selects going the same time as me so I think there is a slim chance that I'll be class leader. Thank God! Sorry for you who do get picked. I'm pretty much set to go just want to know when I'll get my assignment. I need to get overseas or just stay put. Those are my only 2 options where I can keep my house.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Imagery analysts (1N1) are getting a cool job that previously belonged to operations analysts (1NOs) starting later this year. You guys are getting targeteering, which is also taught at goodfellow, but a very cool job.
    “We will kill Bin Laden. We will crush Al Qaeda. That has to be our biggest national security priority."
    - Barack Obama, Oct 2008.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sigecaps View Post
    Imagery analysts (1N1) are getting a cool job that previously belonged to operations analysts (1NOs) starting later this year. You guys are getting targeteering, which is also taught at goodfellow, but a very cool job.
    There are several 1N1s who are already working targeting missions...its already happening

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklynndevine View Post
    I see that it's been a couple of weeks since anyone's been on here. I guess I'll add my 2 cents anyway. I currently work in the Intelligence division in AFSOC at Hurlburt as a 3CO. I start school in April. I've been in contact with Goodfellow quite a bit. I'm a tech select and I'm leaving my family down here. I'm applying for a BAH waiver so I can keep my BAH in Florida. Unfortunately I'll have to live in the dorms. Oh well. Apparently you can retain your BAS also. I've seen that there's a few more Tech selects going the same time as me so I think there is a slim chance that I'll be class leader. Thank God! Sorry for you who do get picked. I'm pretty much set to go just want to know when I'll get my assignment. I need to get overseas or just stay put. Those are my only 2 options where I can keep my house.
    Hey, I'm going to be starting in April as well, I'm a TSgt-select also but I'll be sewing on in March. So maybe I'll be a class leader, oh well. I'm leaving my family here as well, but I don't need to bother with trying to get a BAH waiver because the BAH here is only a few dollars less than that of Goodfellow. As far as when you'll get your assignment, I have heard that we should get it about 2 months into training, or about 120 days from completion of training. I think they do usually try to send people back to where they were previously in order to save money, but since this is a PCS for training and not a TDY, it may be different.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AirForceGuy View Post
    Hey, I'm going to be starting in April as well, I'm a TSgt-select also but I'll be sewing on in March. So maybe I'll be a class leader, oh well. I'm leaving my family here as well, but I don't need to bother with trying to get a BAH waiver because the BAH here is only a few dollars less than that of Goodfellow. As far as when you'll get your assignment, I have heard that we should get it about 2 months into training, or about 120 days from completion of training. I think they do usually try to send people back to where they were previously in order to save money, but since this is a PCS for training and not a TDY, it may be different.
    Yeah, I put on Tech in July with all others. How much fun is it going to be getting promoted in Tech. At least it gives me enough time to get to know my fellow retrainees so we can have a rockin' party on me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklynndevine View Post
    Yeah, I put on Tech in July with all others. How much fun is it going to be getting promoted in Tech. At least it gives me enough time to get to know my fellow retrainees so we can have a rockin' party on me.

Whoah...just where do you guys think your going? You'll be eating gruel, with water. My friend...for the sake of this board I'll call him Prison Mike....just graduated. Prison Mike prefered prison over 1N1 school.