Page 52 of 137 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Thread: Dear Crusty

Proud Mom

Re: Dear Crusty

Sgt Grandpa good to see you again!!! Since your getting re-acquainted with the Mrs. Grandpa make sure you take a good mens vitamin....keep up your strength

And thank you for forgiving me all my "are we there yets" Crusty LOL

Are you still in shock or is it setting in now

CVal

SGT GRAMPSSSSSS!!!! I've missed you! Good to see you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CrustySMSgt View Post
    I'll be PINNING ON MY NEW CMSGT CHEVRONS!!

I'm still in shock....
    Hell crusty you always been the chief the way I’ve seen it…
    Big… OOOOOHHHH RRRRAAAHHHHH... to ya!!!
    Congrats… hawk

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

ringjamesa

Congrats CrustyCMSgt!!! Now if only I could get hail to the chief out of my head....speaking of which, anyone remember what movie they made up words to that song? Hail to the chief, he's the chief and he needs hailing....I think it was with Jack lemmen? My Fellow Americans or something like that...? Can't get it out of my head!!

Anyway,

Well earned congratulations.!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Proud Mom View Post
    Are you still in shock or is it setting in now
    It's crazy... I think I've probably gotten over 150 emails from people, some I haven't talked to in 15 years... it is amazing how many people you touch along the way. I am trying very hard to answer all of them quickly, but I can't keep up... lol

The 3-star did come to my office to tack me on... that was pretty cool!

It is very humbling... and starting to sink in... but of course it does, it'll be a long ~10 months until I actually put it on... lol

Quote Originally Posted by hawk71049 View Post

Hell crusty you always been the chief the way I’ve seen it…
    Big… OOOOOHHHH RRRRAAAHHHHH... to ya!!!
    Congrats… hawk

Thanks... I guess you can say that it is something that doesn't just happen the day you are selected... while you have a lot to learn, if you aren't already "the guy guy/gal", then one would hope you never get selected. I will work very hard to be a Chief and not an E-9.

Quote Originally Posted by ringjamesa View Post
    Congrats CrustyCMSgt!!! Now if only I could get hail to the chief out of my head....speaking of which, anyone remember what movie they made up words to that song? Hail to the chief, he's the chief and he needs hailing....I think it was with Jack lemmen? My Fellow Americans or something like that...? Can't get it out of my head!!

Anyway,

Thanks for sharing and getting it stuck in mine now...
    "If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep the streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep the street so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well. "

Dr Martin Luther King, Jr.

Chief Runner Amok of the Troll Cabal

ringjamesa

It's crazy... I think I've probably gotten over 150 emails from people, some I haven't talked to in 15 years... it is amazing how many people you touch along the way. I am trying very hard to answer all of them quickly, but I can't keep up... lol
    The 3-star did come to my office to tack me on... that was pretty cool!
    It is very humbling... and starting to sink in... but of course it does, it'll be a long ~10 months until I actually put it on... lol
    Thanks for sharing and getting it stuck in mine now...
    I please to aim.

BTW, What I like to do is email the people that tried to screw me in my career when I get promoted past them. I know it is petty and small but sometimes, it amuses me. I also keep track of the people who helped me along and give them kudos when I hear they got promoted. I outrank most of them but I try to keep in touch and give them some props when they hit those milestones. I think it is important and often ignored.

Proud Mom

Anyway,

Jack Lemmon and the guy that played in Rockford files....James Garner in My Fellow Americans....you get a Gold Star for the day!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I please to aim.

BTW, What I like to do is email the people that tried to screw me in my career when I get promoted past them. I know it is petty and small but sometimes, it amuses me. I also keep track of the people who helped me along and give them kudos when I hear they got promoted. I outrank most of them but I try to keep in touch and give them some props when they hit those milestones. I think it is important and often ignored.
    I can't say I've had too many people try and stand in my way... my wife on the other hand, being a maintainer, has had many obstables placed in her path, so it was very vindicating for her to put on Senior, to show all those who tried to keep her down they failed... lol
    Can't wait until SHE makes Chief... then it's on... rofl
    "If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep the streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep the street so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well. "

Dr Martin Luther King, Jr.

Chief Runner Amok of the Troll Cabal

Proud Mom

Gooooo Mrs. Crusty!!!! I hope she kicks some ass when she does LOL

And James I just wanted to say it was great reading about your kudos and keeping track of folks like you do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Can't wait until SHE makes Chief... then it's on... rofl
    Yeah, you say that now… but then… lol

it's on top she will be.........j/k……

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.