Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Retraining

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Retraining

I am looking for feedback on the Air Force Retraining Program. It has been about two years since we transitioned from the Retraining section at the MPF to the current application process in the vMPF. Whether the experience was your own or of a co-worker in either the CAREERS program or the NCORP, I would like to hear what you think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Retraining

I had a pretty easy time retraining from my 2A job in jet engine maintenance into 1A1X1 Flight Engineer..(CAREERS) I would have rather had the old way with doing it through my MPF but it was relatively painless going through virtual MPF, I just had to call a lot to make sure they updated the documents I had to fax into them and most of the time the phone reps were helpful and answered my questions. Occasionally I got blank answers but overall it worked out and I am about to graduate next week. I guess doing it online has its pluses and minuses but you can reach a rep 24/7 so that is a big plus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My retraining status changed from a 3 to a 5; how long does it take to get a class seat. I know it says up to 6 weeks. Any thoughts? Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You can expect to see a class seat within three weeks. If not, call the contact center and ask for an update.
    DSN 665-5000.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm an Intel troop today because a TSgt at MPF sat on my three unrelated choices and let the qoutas fill up when I was retraining. He was fired over the incident and placed in.....now get this....MPF customer service.

That said.,,,anything that eliminates the middle man has to be a good thing. Don't get me wrong..things worked out for me in Intel..but it wasn't a choice of mine and I was a very bitter retrainee originally. Applying directly to the folks that actually make these things happen is the way to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I had a horrible retraining experience. When the new EPR format dropped my (then)CC said he was only going to approve X amount of 5's. Needlessly I recieved a 4, which is still supposedly a good rating. Well I came to find out that your top EPR is the FIRST thing in the rack-n-stack, so I got dropped to the bottom of the list every board. I got beat out by guys with two or more 3 EPR's but had a top 5 where as i had all 5's and top EPR was a 4!

AFGirl_guest

Exclamation Re: Retraining

I think the process has much to be improved. I was mandatory selected under NCORP, I have only 5 years until I retire, and I am very, very good at my job. So why select me, when there are so many people unhappy in my current AFSC who are not good at this who would have liked to go? The process is painless, as long as you beat the rush to cross-train once you are notified, but the jobs they are offer up are not the best jobs, have a high deployment tempo, or you are not even qualified for (such as STS).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AFGirl_guest View Post
    I think the process has much to be improved. I was mandatory selected under NCORP, I have only 5 years until I retire, and I am very, very good at my job. So why select me, when there are so many people unhappy in my current AFSC who are not good at this who would have liked to go? The process is painless, as long as you beat the rush to cross-train once you are notified, but the jobs they are offer up are not the best jobs, have a high deployment tempo, or you are not even qualified for (such as STS).
    I don't see a change in the type of jobs that the AF will offer to retrain into. The truth is they will only look to put you in a position that is a need of the AF. Otherwise you could be looking at retraining again in a few short years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm currently a 2A6X6 F-15 electrician who is leaving to be crosstrained into 1N1 imagery analysis in March. Just wondering if anyone has done this and been to goodfellow so that they could give me some advice. Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyefan221 View Post
    I'm currently a 2A6X6 F-15 electrician who is leaving to be crosstrained into 1N1 imagery analysis in March. Just wondering if anyone has done this and been to goodfellow so that they could give me some advice. Thanks.
    Ive been to Goodfellow before, I had family lived in the San Angelo Area...The only thing I can tell you is if you got out on the town be careful, the local PD look for military.