Page 411 of 411 FirstFirst ... 311361401409410411
Results 4,101 to 4,103 of 4103

Thread: Flight Engineer retraining

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Flight Engineer retraining

Hi jmb27,

The counseling for flying duty MFR should have been included in your items that AFPC provided you in myPers to get completed. If you didn't receive it, if is simply a MFR like this:

DEPARTMENT OF THE AIR FORCE
    HEADQUARTERS AIR FORCE PERSONNEL CENTER
    RANDOLPH AIR FORCE BASE, TEXAS
    NOTE Center the above at the top of the MFR

MEMORANDUM FOR AFPC/DPSOAR

SUBJECT: Volunteer Status for Flying Duty

1. I, RANK/YOUR NAME/SSN certify that I am a volunteer for flying duty. I have been counseled and fully understand the high demands and OPS tempo attached to this AFSC.

SIGN YOUR NAME HERE
    YOUR NAME, RANK/USAF

At the top left of the MFR include the DOD symbol. You can find this on the internet by searching for official MFR letterheads.

This is all you need to fulfill this requirement and please let me know if I can help you further.

One more tip or you; if you are getting the run around from AFPC, ask to speak to a military member. This is honestly the only way I got things accomplished.

Good Luck,
    Retro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the reply. After five phone calls I finally talked to someone there who gave me a good answer. You don't even have to write a memo for that, it is all handled on the website, they just didn't provide very clear guidance on the website and flat out wrong directions a couple of times on the phone. The only memo I should need is an ETP to train out of a balanced AFSC, which I already completed and had my CC sign. All I'm waiting on now is the medical stuff to come back from my physical that I had done on the 1st of the month before I can continue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi jmb27,

I'm glad you are making some progress. Stay proactive with Flight Medicine while you await your 1042. It can take a LONG time to get the initial flight physical completed. Due to my pro-activeness, or annoyance, I was able to get my 1042 back in about a month and a half. Technically, if I wouldn't have stayed on Flight Med's rear-end, it would have taken almost 5 months for it to come back stamped from higher headquarters.

This part of the journey is frustrating but trust me, and any FE will tell you the same, it is all worth it in the end. Good luck to you and let us know if you need anymore help.

Regards,
    Retro