Page 101 of 411 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 4103

Thread: Flight Engineer retraining

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Flight Engineer retraining

I was wondering if anyone got approved to use a rental car while attending Fundies and BFE?

jetmech24

Quote Originally Posted by fluke View Post
    I was wondering if anyone got approved to use a rental car while attending Fundies and BFE?
    I got approval to rent a car from my RA at my home station prior to attending school. My unit provided me my FUND cite and then I just made my reservations. Also, if you get billeting at the Kelly Inn you can request a rental car because of the distants you have to drive to school AND ! ! ! your per diem goes from 13 dollars a day to 54 a day. I recommend trying to get your reservations at the Kelly Inn for those two reasons alone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fluke View Post
    I wasent able to get one for fundies and BFE because of the length, thats why I am driving from Utah to Texas for those classes. I was able to get one approved for Water Survival. But I agree with staying at Kelley. When you call Lackland billeting tell them you want to stay on Kelly and if there are rooms they will hook you right up.

Quote Originally Posted by tmckinley View Post
    I wasent able to get one for fundies and BFE because of the length, thats why I am driving from Utah to Texas for those classes. I was able to get one approved for Water Survival. But I agree with staying at Kelley. When you call Lackland billeting tell them you want to stay on Kelly and if there are rooms they will hook you right up.
    I'm hoping my plan works out...im driving to texas from florida, then flying to washington for sere then flying back to texas to get my car and drive back to florida for water survival here in pensacola.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My travel plan should work out quite nicely. Drive from Florida to Texas, then back to Florida for Water Survival, then leave my truck at home and have my wife drive me to the airport to fly to Fairchild and back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TJC78 View Post
    My travel plan should work out quite nicely. Drive from Florida to Texas, then back to Florida for Water Survival, then leave my truck at home and have my wife drive me to the airport to fly to Fairchild and back.

I drove from Florida, bringing my car was the best thing ever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CV22chief View Post
    I'm hoping my plan works out...im driving to texas from florida, then flying to washington for sere then flying back to texas to get my car and drive back to florida for water survival here in pensacola.
    I plan on drving from Utah to Texas, then back to Utah. Then fly to SERE and Water Survival. I dont want to be sitting in Farichild for a week which is what they were going to have me do if I flew everywhere, thats why I elected to drive.

jetmech24

I received a short notice class date of 20 March for Fundies, 9 April for BFE, 25 May for SERE, 19 Jun for Emer Parachute and finally 23 June for Water survival. Does anyone else have the same class date?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I went with everyones advice and got my room booked at kelly. I have never been TDY or anything. What all is the 53 Dollars a Day for? Food and Gas? Also someone told me Kelly is only 10 Minutes Away from Medina. is this true? Im new to the TDY world and a little confused...any help would be great...since FInance is always in training and never there to help me.

I went with everyones advice and got my room booked at kelly. I have never been TDY or anything. What all is the 53 Dollars a Day for? Food and Gas? Also someone told me Kelly is only 10 Minutes Away from Medina. is this true? Im new to the TDY world and a little confused...any help would be great...since FInance is always in training and never there to help me.

Hi,
    You actually need to call lodging before you go off base because you will not get paid if you dont have a non available slip. so if you want to make 54 a day dont make reservations with lodging just show up and see if they have any rooms if not bingo 54 a day if they do have rooms at least you tried. Just make sure you have a government travel card and get that n/a slip if you stay off base.
    Good luck!