Thread: All this spam..

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

All this spam..

So, how many more reports need to get done, before we see all this spam taken care of?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    So, how many more reports need to get done, before we see all this spam taken care of?

You're actually filling reports? When I see the spam, I'm like "whatever" and clickity click my way to another site. I'm actually very surprised that a forum section still exists. Extremely surprised. The topics on here are occasionally interesting, and participation is almost non-existent.

Oh, I almost forgot to ask. Do you know where I can find a variety of non-prescription products?
    Last edited by FLAPS; 08-14-2019 at 10:28 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    No one filed any reports about the recent wave of spam (most recent reports are from Jun). That said, it won't ever really get 'taken care of'; open registration allows spambots to create accounts. Even then, I have been on vacation for a week ...

Quote Originally Posted by FLAPS View Post
    You're actually filling reports? When I see the spam, I'm like "whatever" and clickity click my way to another site. I'm actually very surprised that a forum section still exists. Extremely surprised. The topics on here are occasionally interesting, and participation is almost non-existent.
    MilTimes doesn't link to the forums from their (edit to add: main) pages any longer. There was some talk of advertising on the Forums being linked / tied to advertising sold to the print publications, which was in part the reason for the recruitment of moderators.

If I had to guess, that the forums still exist is an oversight by Gannett at this point; or built into the rest of the MilTimes and they haven't put thought into getting rid of it ... but long ago stopped maintaining it.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    MilTimes doesn't link to the forums from their pages any longer.
    When I go to AF Times (or mil times), click on News, there's a link to the Forums under "Quick Links"

Definitely not found on the main pages though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FLAPS View Post
    When I go to AF Times (or mil times), click on News, there's a link to the Forums under "Quick Links"

Definitely not found on the main pages though.
    yeah ... there used to be a main link on all the pages ... it is semi-buried now.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    yeah ... there used to be a main link on all the pages ... it is semi-buried now.
    I get it in the Off Duty section
    The Voice of Reason

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    No one filed any reports about the recent wave of spam (most recent reports are from Jun). That said, it won't ever really get 'taken care of'; open registration allows spambots to create accounts. Even then, I have been on vacation for a week ...
    Strange, i reported two of them. Guess the report function is wonkey..