Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marine colonel calls suicide ‘shameful,' cites ‘godless age’ and calls on Marines to

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LogDog View Post
    . As an atheist, had I read his email I would have been immediately turned-off of his message.
    Well the Pentagon's annual LGBT Pride month celebration is a turn-off, to the rest of us, normal people.
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 06-13-2019 at 07:20 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bos Mutus View Post
    So, don't try to help a few a little if you can't help all with everything?
    No, as my second paragraph states the individual can contact the Chaplin's Office or their local church/temple leader.

While it's true we have all this stuff...I thinks what the Col. is saying is that it's not working, but he has an idea of what would work.
    What he was saying, IMO, is people have to turn to religion instead of saying "they may want to" turn to religion. The former could be mistaken as a order or official endorsement of religion while the latter gives the non-mandatory option to the individual.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LogDog View Post
    No, as my second paragraph states the individual can contact the Chaplin's Office or their local church/temple leader.

What he was saying, IMO, is people have to turn to religion instead of saying "they may want to" turn to religion. The former could be mistaken as a order or official endorsement of religion while the latter gives the non-mandatory option to the individual.
    Yeah, I get it....I mean, that's what I originally stated he'll probably get a little adjustment. I realize that what he said is not in line with policy.

The rest of this thread is just a hypothetical game....really just questioning IF the data showed that telling a population of mostly Christian-backgrounded people to get right with Jesus improved suicide figures...what we'd do.
    The Voice of Reason