Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Meet the Fort Meade trans women fighting the military’s ban

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FLAPS View Post
    Agreed. There are plenty of opportunities for gender-confused to serve, such as the Peace Corps, Foreign Legion, Australian Armed Services (yes, they're hiring foreigners). They can also pursue a career working for the DNC, to include the 99% of media outlets that they own and control. I hear they're also giving out free "RESIST" and "I'm still with HER" buttons to those who sign up.
    You almost had me fooled. I thought for a split second that you were going to revert to an adult and actually contribute something to the conversation. Why would you ever do that, though?

I'm still dying to know which Sq in your MXG is only at 60% deployable due to health conditions. Please tell. We'll keep it between us forum participants.
    It was at the sq level. I did my time in at MXS, and at one point we were in the sixty percentile range, mostly due to fat rednecks who couldn't take care of themselves properly or pass a PT test to save their lives.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Of course. If they're capable of performing their duties, home or deployed, no reason why they can't serve their country. That said, I will always believe that if you are born as a male, then you are a male until the day you die. If you are born a female, you are a female until the day you die.

If I get into a trans person's face to challenge them on this, or otherwise harass them about being a transgender person, then I AM a bigot. However, if I treat them with respect but continue to believe they are as they were born, to include admitting this IF ASKED, then I am NOT a bigot. Fair enough?
    A bigot is a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions. I don't think bigot applies to you.

However, a person who is prejudice has a preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience. I think you fall into the prejudice category.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I'm still dying to know which Sq in your MXG is only at 60% deployable due to health conditions. Please tell. We'll keep it between us forum participants.
    Of those i knew in the mil who had Sleep apnea, ALL were either found during separation, OR got med discharged..

In the post before your post, I provided two links to DoD policy concerning what qualifies and disqualifies a person for military service and although your two links are informational they may not actually reflect DoD policy The reason gender dysporhia isn't considered a mental disorder is because it isn't an mental disorder. According to the American Psychological Association (APA) and the DoD gender dysporhia is not a mental disorder. From the APA:
    And why Did it get removed?? OH YEA, the LGBTQ lobby bitched, and moaned to have it removed..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    And why Did it get removed?? OH YEA, the LGBTQ lobby bitched, and moaned to have it removed..
    And your proof of this is? Please provide the link(s) that prove your claim.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Of those i knew in the mil who had Sleep apnea, ALL were either found during separation, OR got med discharged..
    Sorry, there are, and have been, military members who have sleep apnea for quite some time. Also, the numbers of those who suffer from it have been on the rise for a long time. Not my fault that you and FLAPS live in a bubble completely devoid of facts and research.
    https://aasm.org/active-duty-militar...leep-duration/

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/y...-the-military/

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/y...-the-military/

You can also find plenty more information regarding those who have sleep apnea and still serve. The deciding factor? If you can perform your duties, meet the standards, etc, you can still serve. As I've stated many times now, there are plenty of people whom I still work with who have sleep apnea. Some even sleep with CPAP machines!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yeah, totally! Great rebuttal/logic! It was LGBTQ people bitching...had nothing to do with the world's leading scientific organization representing psychology that's comprised of about 118K researchers, clinicians, and professors in the field. Never mind all the research, data, and findings; it was those scary gays complaining! Jesus....

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    Let's refrain from personal insults.
    No Way! It's too much fun and I have nothing but respect for each and every person's opinion here! Insults are half the fun and I have to give credit to all commenting... even MeatFlinger!
    Last edited by SeaLawyer; 05-13-2019 at 11:34 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LogDog View Post
    However, a person who is prejudice has a preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience. I think you fall into the prejudice category.
    Makes sense...kind of like the masses of progressives who refused to believe Judge Kavanaugh's testimony concerning Ford's sexual assault accusation....just simply because, well, he's a white conservative man.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Makes sense...kind of like the masses of progressives who refused to believe Judge Kavanaugh's testimony concerning Ford's sexual assault accusation....just simply because, well, he's a white conservative man.
    I have to concur on this one!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaLawyer View Post
    No Way! It's too much fun and I have nothing but respect for each and every person's opinion here! Insults are half the fun and I have to give credit to all commenting... even MeatFlinger!
    I'm having too much fun expressing part opinion/part trolling to get Meatbringer riled up. This forum is nothing but entertainment for me, that's it. I sleep soundly at night, but I think Meatbringer spends his time at his desk crafting his long-winded, emotionally based rebuttals while guzzling Rip-It energy drinks. Meanwhile, on his hot flightline HIS troops are asking, "Where's Capt Meat-B at? I haven't seen him on the flightline in over a week." One guy responded, "I saw him outside of his 10x10 last night. Said he couldn't sleep because someone was bothering him on the internet, and on top of that he was passed over for this AMMOS course for the 5th time. Poor Meat-B. He was hoping to make his call-sign official by attending this class"