PDA

View Full Version : Probe: MCPON Giordano ‘failed to exhibit exemplary conduct’

SeaLawyer
04-08-2019, 01:43 PM
https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2019/04/05/probe-mcpon-giordano-failed-to-exhibit-exemplary-conduct/

I have a hard time believing this "diva" environment just started as he became the MCPON. I'm sure a little additional research would flag him as a hostile "leader" earlier in his career.

What a shame!

LogDog
04-08-2019, 05:50 PM
https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2019/04/05/probe-mcpon-giordano-failed-to-exhibit-exemplary-conduct/

REPOST: I doubt his Prima Donna "diva" attitude started after he became MCPON. A little research might conclude he had a hostile attitude earlier in his career.

Bad screen on Navy! What a shame!!!
If his conduct was like that before he became MCPON the yes, the Navy did a bad job of vetting him. What leaves me wondering is what was he like before he was tapped as MCPON. If it occurred after he got the job then why didn't senior command leaders take action earlier.

From the article, it sounds like Giordano thought he was royalty and entitled to behave he got to set his own standards. Hopefully, he was forced to retire early because of his behavior and he'll learn humbleness from this.

SeaLawyer
04-08-2019, 05:58 PM
Ahoy LogDog!

He retired alright; however, I don't know whose terms it was on.

LogDog
04-08-2019, 06:38 PM
[QUOTE=SeaLawyer;371997]Ahoy LogDog!

He retired alright; however, I don't know whose terms it was on.[/QUOTE
I Googled him and found out he voluntarily stepped down and submitted his retirement papers during the investigations. It seems he saw the hand writing on the wall and decided, IMO, to bail rather than being fired.

Business Insider (https://www.businessinsider.com/navy-top-enlisted-sailor-steps-aside-amid-an-abuse-investigation-2018-6[u)

SeaLawyer
04-08-2019, 07:03 PM
Guilty as suspected.

Mjölnir
04-14-2019, 06:18 PM
His behavior was known long before he became the MCPON:

-he was NJP'd and reduced from E6 to E5 when he was the LPO of the Submarine Direct Support division at Ft. Meade. He was sleeping with the wife of one of the junior Sailors, what exacerbates it is that he had a chop on the deployment schedules and some thought the husband was gone more than normal ... coincidence? I served in this office at one point after he did with several Sailors who knew about it and had their opinions. He eventually promoted back to E6 then E7 etc.

-he had a reputation as an ass and being a bit 'diva-like' as a DEPT LCPO at NIOC Georgia.

I have met him a few times, never really overlapped with him at a command. His reputation wasn't that great in his parent community prior to being selected for the CMC program but he kept moving up through the system. Fault of the system? Fault of the people who kept recommending him knowing that he maybe shouldn't move on? Both?

When he was selected for MCPON, the issue of the over 10-year old NJP came up and the CNO's office was ... surprised. The issue had not come up in the vetting, they only went back 5 years ... this prompted a change in vetting for the MCPON which will now cover the entire record.