PDA

View Full Version : "Secret Base"

SeaLawyer
04-05-2019, 05:55 PM
https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2019/04/05/investigators-probe-why-barge-capsized-at-secret-base/

It's not a secret base anymore!

And... Loose lips sink ships... and apparently barges too.

FLAPS
04-05-2019, 08:17 PM
https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2019/04/05/investigators-probe-why-barge-capsized-at-secret-base/

It's not a secret base anymore!

And... Loose lips sink ships... and apparently barges too.

And now the Chinese know about this place because they've been monitoring the forum, just waiting for someone like you to point them to the source of the secrets (Navy Times). Now they know about Navy Times and the revealing article.

AF sgt
04-06-2019, 03:55 AM
And now the Chinese know about this place because they've been monitoring the forum, just waiting for someone like you to point them to the source of the secrets (Navy Times). Now they know about Navy Times and the revealing article.

And now they know that Sea Lawyer's link is serious, because you protested him putting it up. If only you had played it as if it was a joke, the Chinese may be none the wiser.

LogDog
04-06-2019, 04:54 PM
Some secret base. If you follow the link in the second paragraph of the OP it will take you to the Naval Sea Systems Command page where they tell you not only about the base but on the right-hand side of the page they give you driving directions.

I think the reporter for the Navy Time needs a refresher course on what is and is not considered secret.

FLAPS
04-07-2019, 12:50 PM
And now they know that Sea Lawyer's link is serious, because you protested him putting it up. If only you had played it as if it was a joke, the Chinese may be none the wiser.

You have a point.

SeaLawyer
04-08-2019, 01:44 PM
Do you really think the Chinese only monitor the forum???

AF sgt
04-08-2019, 01:52 PM
I may be wrong, but I was under the impression that most of this thread was sarcasm.

SeaLawyer
04-08-2019, 01:56 PM
Absolutely AF sgt!