PDA

View Full Version : Superbowl

AF sgt
01-29-2019, 05:25 PM
So who do you have? Patriots or Rams? I hope it doesn't happen, but if I had to bet on it, I think the Patriots are going to win big.

LogDog
01-29-2019, 05:37 PM
There are two teams I'd never root for in a Super Bowl; the Raiders and the Cowboys. It's not that I don't like their teams or cities but it's more about how obnoxious their fans are. I usually support the AFC champion but this year I'll be rooting for the Rams but I think the Patriots will win.

AF sgt
01-29-2019, 05:38 PM
There are two teams I'd never root for in a Super Bowl; the Raiders and the Cowboys. It's not that I don't like their teams or cities but it's more about how obnoxious their fans are. I usually support the AFC champion but this year I'll be rooting for the Rams but I think the Patriots will win.

Yeah, I agree on the Cowboys. Hate, hate, hate them. I'd almost rather see them lose than see my team win.

retiredAFcivvy
01-29-2019, 06:06 PM
So who do you have? Patriots or Rams? I hope it doesn't happen, but if I had to bet on it, I think the Patriots are going to win big.

I'm going with Patriots. They beat my KC Chiefs in KC and I think that Brady is going to be hard to stop.

AF sgt
01-29-2019, 06:50 PM
I'm going with Patriots. They beat my KC Chiefs in KC and I think that Brady is going to be hard to stop. KC has a bright future, especially if they can get a defense. The only question how long it takes defenses around the league to adjust to Mahomes.

retiredAFcivvy
01-29-2019, 07:12 PM
KC has a bright future, especially if they can get a defense. The only question how long it takes defenses around the league to adjust to Mahomes.
I agree. I don't really know much about the defense/offense in football; but I did hear talk that Patriots were in some man to man defense (thought that was basketball) and that initially caused him problems.

Bos Mutus
01-29-2019, 09:07 PM
Gahhh...I almost don't even want to watch, I hate the stupid Patriots.

If KC won that game, I would've won my pool and $200. But, once the Patriots got in in OT, I just knew it was over, they were gonna March down the field and score and nothing anyone can do about it. Sucks.

I hope the Rams win....but, I kinda don't think they will, so almost don't wanna watch.

Mahommes was really impressive this year. I was not a believer at first, but he definitely proved he can play against anyone.

LogDog
01-29-2019, 09:28 PM
Gahhh...I almost don't even want to watch, I hate the stupid Patriots.

If KC won that game, I would've won my pool and $200. But, once the Patriots got in in OT, I just knew it was over, they were gonna March down the field and score and nothing anyone can do about it. Sucks.

I hope the Rams win....but, I kinda don't think they will, so almost don't wanna watch.

Mahommes was really impressive this year. I was not a believer at first, but he definitely proved he can play against anyone.
Mahommes surprised me by how good he is but the test for him is can he repeat his performance next year and the year after that.

FLAPS
01-31-2019, 12:28 PM
Mahommes surprised me by how good he is but the test for him is can he repeat his performance next year and the year after that.

Mahommes is going to be a superstar if he keeps it up. As for the SB, I have not one inkling of interest in either team. Living on the East Coast, the game comes on at 2030 and I'll be in bed by 2100. The next morning I'll wake up and see the score....41 to 3, Patriots win. I predict it will go down as one of the most boring SBs in history.

Bos Mutus
01-31-2019, 12:53 PM
Mahommes is going to be a superstar if he keeps it up. As for the SB, I have not one inkling of interest in either team. Living on the East Coast, the game comes on at 2030 and I'll be in bed by 2100. The next morning I'll wake up and see the score....41 to 3, Patriots win. I predict it will go down as one of the most boring SBs in history.

Game starts at 1830 EST.

AF sgt
01-31-2019, 01:51 PM
Have always thought, along with millions of others, that the Monday should be a holiday. Any Commander worth their salt gives their guys (non mission essential) at least until noon.

Bos Mutus
01-31-2019, 03:35 PM
Have always thought, along with millions of others, that the Monday should be a holiday. Any Commander worth their salt gives their guys (non mission essential) at least until noon.

As I recall, it was a base-wide down day at Osan when I was there...of course the game came on Monday morning there...

In Germany, I think they game came on at like 11 pm Sunday night...and Monday was a liberal leave day. We could close the shop if everyone took a day of leave, but there were usually a few people that did not want to burn a day of leave cuz they didn't care about the game, so we had like a skeleton shift basically.

I'm not convinced giving time off Monday after the SB is really the measure of a commander though. :-)

AF sgt
01-31-2019, 03:58 PM
I'm not convinced giving time off Monday after the SB is really the measure of a commander though. :-) I was being hyperbolic, of course. Not saying that a commander can't be a good commander without giving the Monday (at least partially) off. Just saying that every good commander I ever had gave the Monday off. And I'm not talking about liberal leave. Talking about a "pass".

Would be simpler if it was a holiday.

Bos Mutus
01-31-2019, 04:01 PM
I was being hyperbolic, of course. .

I know, the smiley face indicates I'm just funnin' with ya...

FLAPS
01-31-2019, 05:20 PM
Game starts at 1830 EST.

Ok, my wife lied to me. 1830 Puppy Bowl start time!

Bos Mutus
02-04-2019, 12:33 PM
Total snooze fest.

AF sgt
02-04-2019, 02:24 PM
Yep. Possibly the worst Superbowl ever. And the worst commercials.

FLAPS
02-04-2019, 04:21 PM
Another way to look at the game is to recognize what a great defensive battle it was...all the way up until the end almost. I'm wondering how the Saints would have done....ho hum.

LogDog
02-04-2019, 05:08 PM
I was expecting more offense out of both teams but it was a defensive battle throughout the game. I guess the adage "Defense wins Super Bowls" proved true. The only real offense in the game was on the drive where the Patriots scored a touchdown. Other than that drive, both teams ran the ball and made a few good passing plays.

It was a most unspectacular game.

Bos Mutus
02-04-2019, 05:38 PM
I was expecting more offense out of both teams but it was a defensive battle throughout the game. I guess the adage "Defense wins Super Bowls" proved true. The only real offense in the game was on the drive where the Patriots scored a touchdown. Other than that drive, both teams ran the ball and made a few good passing plays.

It was a most unspectacular game.

I expected the Patriots to run the ball, they've done so well running the ball lately and those long drives just suck the life outta the other team.

I think the Rams D was just exhausted there at the end...all according to Belicheks plan I reckon. On pass game, I can understand how Edelman gets open, he's a quick shifty dude...I don't get how Gronk is 10 yards in the clear on a few of those plays.

I was surprised the Rams couldn't throw better...seems their receivers were always covered, and they have some damn good receivers. Brandin Cooks shoulda caught that TD pass though, right in the chest.

Mjölnir
02-05-2019, 12:27 AM
Last time I saw that many dudes mess around for four hours and not score I was at a church dance.

AF sgt
02-05-2019, 02:42 PM
Last time I saw that many dudes mess around for four hours and not score I was at a church dance. You must not be catholic.

Bos Mutus
02-05-2019, 05:07 PM
Somebody bet $250 at 400 to 1 odds that the Rams would score exactly 3 points.

Won $100K

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/02/super-bowl-bet-rams-score-gambling

Rainmaker
02-12-2019, 12:41 AM
Mahommes was really impressive this year..

another white boy, with an afro, that will be out of the league inside of 5 years. . Get off the media hype train..... Overrated.

Rainmaker
02-12-2019, 01:00 AM
Total snooze fest.

Fantastic Game. The Pats going old school, smash-mouth in the 1st quarter with the FB blowing up Shu in the hole took the heart out of the Ram's Defense and set the tempo for the rest of the day..... & watching that Dipshit Goodell getting booed, while handing over the Lombardi trophy AGAIN to the GOAT Brady and Coach Bellicheck was icing on the cake!

AF sgt
02-12-2019, 01:55 AM
another white boy, with an afro, Oh, I get it. You're "that guy". The guy who likes to be "shocking" with his "honesty". That's so 2 years ago.

Rainmaker
02-12-2019, 01:59 AM
I’m glad you figured it out, Sarge.

AF sgt
02-12-2019, 02:04 AM
I’m glad you figured it out, Sarge. I'll bet you're a big hit down at your local American Legion and VFW.

AF sgt
02-12-2019, 03:59 AM
I’m glad you figured it out, Sarge. Damn, even your avatar is a woman in blue jeans with a gun. Very blue collar. Professional script writers couldn't create your character as well as you have.