PDA

View Full Version : Immigration and health care

sandsjames
03-01-2017, 12:05 PM
Just over a month and Mr. Trump is already weakening on immigration. Now he's for an "amnesty" for those undocumented who have committed no other crimes. I know that must drive some of you nuts, because a couple of you feel very strongly that being here illegally is crime enough to be deported and you were sure Trump was gonna take that path. That must hurt just a little bit.

Also, the comment about health care not being easy cracked me up. Kind of very similar to the closing Gitmo stuff. Not as simple once you're actually in office.

Now, go ahead and make excuses how he's not really going back on his immigration stance, even though he is.

Mjölnir
03-01-2017, 12:12 PM
Just over a month and Mr. Trump is already weakening on immigration. Now he's for an "amnesty" for those undocumented who have committed no other crimes. I know that must drive some of you nuts, because a couple of you feel very strongly that being here illegally is crime enough to be deported and you were sure Trump was gonna take that path. That must hurt just a little bit.

Also, the comment about health care not being easy cracked me up. Kind of very similar to the closing Gitmo stuff. Not as simple once you're actually in office.

Now, go ahead and make excuses how he's not really going back on his immigration stance, even though he is.

http://www.cactushugs.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/aliens-guy.jpeg

Rainmaker
03-01-2017, 08:32 PM

You're still off balance (thinking that you've just fended off a right cross). But, you're getting set up to get knocked the hell out by the left hook. Block and counter! Sandsjames.

"The Dept. of Homeland Security, Customs and Border Protection (CBP) intends on issuing a solicitation in electronic format on or about March 6, 2017 for the design and build of several prototype wall structures in the vicinity of the United States border with Mexico. The procurement will be conducted in two phases, the first requiring vendors to submit a concept paper of their prototype(s) by March 10, 2017, which will result in the evaluation and down select of offerors by March 20, 2017. The second phase will require the down select of phase 1 offerors to submit proposals in response to the full RFP by March 24, 2017, which will include price. Multiple awards are contemplated by mid-April for this effort. An option for additional miles may be included in each contract award."

https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=b8e1b2a6876519ca0aedd748e1e491cf&tab=core&_cview=0

sandsjames
03-01-2017, 08:57 PM
You're still off balance (thinking that you've just fended off a right cross). But, you're getting set up to get knocked the hell out by the left hook. Block and counter! Sandsjames.

https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=b8e1b2a6876519ca0aedd748e1e491cf&tab=core&_cview=0

That's not much of a counter...merely a deflection. I wasn't commenting about the wall. I was commenting about Trump's policy about deporting ALL undocumented, as he initially said and as you and your ilk keep calling for...and now he says that undocumented will be allowed to stay if they haven't committed any serious crimes. This is a complete flip flop.

You can try counter punching but we're not even in the same ring together. The wall has zero to do with deporting current illegals. Keep trying though...you'll make a good shadow boxer.

Rainmaker
03-01-2017, 09:06 PM
That's not much of a counter...merely a deflection. I wasn't commenting about the wall. I was commenting about Trump's policy about deporting ALL undocumented, as he initially said and as you and your ilk keep calling for...and now he says that undocumented will be allowed to stay if they haven't committed any serious crimes. This is a complete flip flop.

You can try counter punching but we're not even in the same ring together. The wall has zero to do with deporting current illegals. Keep trying though...you'll make a good shadow boxer.

DJIA hits 21,113.82....... It was 18,332.43 on election day....... up 15% in only 3 1/2 months?/ WTF??!! WE CANT STOP WINNING!

sandsjames
03-01-2017, 09:12 PM
DJIA hits 21,113.82....... It was 18,332.43 on election day....... up 15% in only 3 1/2 months?/ WTF??!! WE CANT STOP WINNING!Yep...keep avoiding the point that your President is flip flopping on immigration and thinks that health care is gonna be hard.

Don't forget, the DJIA more than doubled during Obama's administration, being below 8000 and ending up over 18,000. So you really going to use market speculation as your proof of a "win"?

Rainmaker
03-01-2017, 09:19 PM
Yep...keep avoiding the point that your President is flip flopping on immigration and thinks that health care is gonna be hard.

Yep...keep avoiding the point that OUR President is flip flopping on immigration and thinks that health care is gonna be hard.

There. Fixed it for you.

sandsjames
03-01-2017, 09:24 PM
Yep...keep avoiding the point that OUR President is flip flopping on immigration and thinks that health care is gonna be hard.

There. Fixed it for you.

You think you're finding more clever ways to avoid the subject of OUR President backing out of his stance on immigration that helped to get him elected but you're not quite that clever.

How does it feel to know your guy is as full of shit as every other politician?

And forget the Loser-leaves-town match. I think that a Russian Chain match is a little more up your alley.

edit: Should we really be surprised that a billionaire who has all his billionaire friends by his side would make the DJIA go up quickly? What you must remember is that the rest of the country does not go as the DJIA goes...only the rich do.

efmbman
03-02-2017, 12:53 AM
I honestly don't think either party or any politician wants to find a solution to the immigration issue. It is part of the golden triad of political issues:
1) Immigration
2) Abortion
3) Gun control

These three issues seem to form the crux of each party platform and they are polar opposites of each other with no chance for compromise. If any were to be solved, then each party would lose a major source of campaign rhetoric as well as an issue each can use to demonize the other. Without these issues, the money to stop the other party will stop flowing. Neither party would stand for that.

Part of me feels that now that Trump is in office, he is being schooled in "how things work" in DC. He is an outsider, no doubt about that. Naturally, his ego loves the oval office. He does not want to be a one term POTUS. He is learning the game and part of that is to back track on the hardline campaign promises. His base will forgive him only because the alternative would be to have a Democrat in the White House. After all, that's what our elections have devolved to - voting to keep the least desirable candidate out of office.

I did not vote for either major party candidate since neither represented me and my ideal candidate.