PDA

View Full Version : political movies/tv shows, why always democrats in charge/right??

garhkal
12-31-2016, 06:50 PM
Last night, i watched an oldish film, The Contender with quite a few good names in it (Jeff Bridges, Gary oldman, Christian Slater).. BUT it seems like with many other films and TV shows dealing with politics/the government/the white house, they All (or damn near all) seem to be a Democrat in charge/being the good guys/always being right etc, while anything and everything to do with republicans is bad/wrong/evil...
THE only one i can remember where it is NOT that way is House of cards, and imo since its a HBO show, it was deliberately made to BE a satire on how backstabbing and conniving politics is...

efmbman
12-31-2016, 10:55 PM
What do you suppose the political leanings of the Hollywood establishment might be? Not just the production companies, but those that bankroll movies and TV.

garhkal
01-01-2017, 06:07 AM
What do you suppose the political leanings of the Hollywood establishment might be? Not just the production companies, but those that bankroll movies and TV.

Liberal as all hell and a hand basket. BUT surely for "inclusiveness/tolerance' sake, they shuld have at least had one decent film or tv series by now that showed the republicans in a good light.

sandsjames
01-01-2017, 01:01 PM
Liberal as all hell and a hand basket. BUT surely for "inclusiveness/tolerance' sake, they shuld have at least had one decent film or tv series by now that showed the republicans in a good light.

Though political affiliation is never really talked about, "Blue Bloods" seems to focus on a fairly conservative family. NCIS, I'd guess that Gibbs is a Conservative...

garhkal
01-01-2017, 05:52 PM
Though political affiliation is never really talked about, "Blue Bloods" seems to focus on a fairly conservative family. NCIS, I'd guess that Gibbs is a Conservative...

The lawyer's daughter is most definitely liberal though...

sandsjames
01-01-2017, 06:31 PM
The lawyer's daughter is most definitely liberal though...Ok...but the 6 other main characters aren't...and they also aren't shown in a negative light..

Mjölnir
01-01-2017, 10:43 PM
American Dad

garhkal
01-02-2017, 03:17 AM
Ok...but the 6 other main characters aren't...and they also aren't shown in a negative light..

That is true, but i wouldn't call blue bloods to be a politically focused tv show..

garhkal
01-02-2017, 03:18 AM
Ok...but the 6 other main characters aren't...and they also aren't shown in a negative light..

That is true, but i wouldn't call blue bloods to be a politically focused tv show..

sandsjames
01-02-2017, 12:20 PM

Really? There's really no more relevant political show right now. Every episode is about the morality behind policing, with the focus on the tactics of policing within the minority communities.

What shows are you talking about that a liberal and more politically focused than Blue Bloods?

WILDJOKER5
01-03-2017, 11:36 AM
Last man standing with Tim Allen is good. He is a conservative and is always right.