PDA

View Full Version : Trump Nominates Vinny Viola as Secretary of the Army

Rainmaker
12-19-2016, 09:11 PM
Trump Nominates Successful Billionaire, West Point Grad and Retired Major to replace Career Bureaucrat Eric Fanning.

http://www.militarytimes.com/articles/vincent-viola-trump-army-secretary

What a breath of Fresh air!

He's nominating someone who's actually SERVED in the military, instead of some Affirmative action/Political Hack, whose only accomplishment was being the Grand Marshal of the Queer pride parade.

garhkal
12-19-2016, 10:15 PM
Trump Nominates Successful Billionaire, West Point Grad and Retired Major to replace Career Bureaucrat Eric Fanning.

http://www.militarytimes.com/articles/vincent-viola-trump-army-secretary

What a breath of Fresh air!

He's nominating someone who's actually SERVED in the military, instead of some Affirmative action/Political Hack, whose only accomplishment was being the Grand Marshal of the Queer pride parade.

I already feel better about the direction this nations heading..

Bos Mutus
12-19-2016, 10:29 PM
Career Bureaucrat Eric Fanning.

I wonder if he is just out of a job or goes back to his civil service career.?

Mjölnir
12-20-2016, 09:15 AM
I wonder if he is just out of a job or goes back to his civil service career.?

I **think** he is out of a job; based on I knew someone who was a GS and took a political appointee position (low level, not on the level of Secretary of the Army or anything). When they left the job they had to reenter the work force ... granted with pretty good resume data / experience ...

So maybe if he did want to remain in Gov't service he would have to reapply.

Mjölnir
12-20-2016, 09:21 AM

I do like that many of the nominees have been critical of the agencies they are now being tapped to lead. Nothing like a fresh look at what is being done, how it is being done and if it really needs to be done.

I think the challenge is going to be the non-political appointee bureaucrat management that may not be willing to take that fresh look at things.

Bos Mutus
12-20-2016, 01:02 PM
I **think** he is out of a job; based on I knew someone who was a GS and took a political appointee position (low level, not on the level of Secretary of the Army or anything). When they left the job they had to reenter the work force ... granted with pretty good resume data / experience ...

That's what I thought...I'm sure something will come up for him

Rainmaker
12-20-2016, 01:49 PM
That's what I thought...I'm sure something will come up for him

Fanning will probably end up as the Professor of "Women's and Gender studies" at some Snowflake college or he can just stick around DC and organize DNC fund raisers over at the Comet Ping Pong pizzeria.

Bos Mutus
12-20-2016, 03:56 PM
I do like that many of the nominees have been critical of the agencies they are now being tapped to lead. Nothing like a fresh look at what is being done, how it is being done and if it really needs to be done.

I think the challenge is going to be the non-political appointee bureaucrat management that may not be willing to take that fresh look at things.

I don't recall the service secretaries typically changing with each President immediately.

Does that normally happen?

I know its a Presidential appointment, I just don't recall a new President replacing them until they just retired or something...

retiredAFcivvy
12-20-2016, 04:01 PM

Not sure what he did before, but some jobs are vacated with retreat rights.

Mjölnir
12-20-2016, 04:32 PM
Not sure what he did before, but some jobs are vacated with retreat rights.

Not sure if his job had that or not ...

Mjölnir
12-20-2016, 04:35 PM
I don't recall the service secretaries typically changing with each President immediately.

I know its a Presidential appointment, I just don't recall a new President replacing them until they just retired or something...

It is more normal when the incoming POTUS had a markedly different ideology than the predecessor. Based on the differences between BHO and DJT ... I would guess they all will be changing.

Mjölnir
12-20-2016, 04:35 PM

It is more normal when the incoming POTUS had a markedly different ideology than the predecessor. Based on the differences between BHO and DJT ... I would guess they all will be changing.