PDA

View Full Version : Election Day 2016

Mjölnir
11-08-2016, 08:44 AM
Well ... the day is here.

Hearing something funny, crazy, tinfoil hat-ish on Election day ... let's go folks ...

http://static.boredpanda.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/funny-presidential-yard-signs-2016-election-3-573311d514eb8__605.jpg

Rainmaker
11-08-2016, 02:28 PM
let's go folks ...

How to unhypnotize a Clinton supporter....

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/152734465316/unhypnotizing-a-clinton-supporter

MikeKerriii
11-08-2016, 02:40 PM
"Well, doctor,” she asked, “what have we got, a republic or a monarchy?"

"A republic, If you can keep it."

garhkal
11-08-2016, 04:26 PM
On today's local news, several people interviewed said the ONLY good thing that will come from today is that all this Bull, will finally (well hopefully) be over.

Rainmaker
11-08-2016, 04:35 PM
On today's local news, several people interviewed said the ONLY good thing that will come from today is that all this Bull, will finally (well hopefully) be over.

No matter who wins, Rainmaker predicts that it'll be a contested election either way.

Mjölnir
11-08-2016, 04:54 PM
No matter who wins, Rainmaker predicts that it'll be a contested election either way.

Oh yeah ... completely agree.

Imagine a 269-269 electoral college tie (viable scenario) ...

Rainmaker
11-08-2016, 05:29 PM
Oh yeah ... completely agree.

Imagine a 269-269 electoral college tie (viable scenario) ...

It won't be close. Rainmaker sees it playing out 2 possible ways.

Scenario A: Landslide win for Trump...... Then the MSM (Clinton propaganda machine) that's been gaslighting the shit out of the American People with these phony polls for months, Tells us it was "hacked by Putin" & All 17,000 Intelligence agencies agree.

Clinton refuses to concede defeat and Black Jesus' DHS, DOJ and FBI springs into action to call for a do-over.

Scenario B: Landslide win for Clinton.......Wolf Blitzer calls it over at 7:01 PM EST. Declaring she's unanimously carried all 57 states & immediately transitions to Queen Cankles Coronation Speech as being "a historic step for all woman-kind", as Chris Matthews breaks down sobbing with tears of Joy over the Tingle running up his leg.

Trump refuses to concede defeat and points out that he's been talking to huge cheering crowds since, day 1, while she needs a free Beyonce concert just to be able to fill up a High school gym. So the Soros voting machines had to have been hacked.

40 Million racist, deplorable, Trumpanistas spring into action and take to the streets with pitchforks to call for a do-over.

sparks82
11-08-2016, 06:03 PM

Hearing something funny, crazy, tinfoil hat-ish on Election day ... let's go folks ...

http://static.boredpanda.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/funny-presidential-yard-signs-2016-election-3-573311d514eb8__605.jpg

That's who I should have written in. Dang it.

Mjölnir
11-09-2016, 06:13 AM
0213 in the morning ...I just woke up ...

Rainmaker may have called this ... holy shit.

Mjölnir
11-09-2016, 07:04 AM
0245 ... Clinton concedes.

Donald Trump is the President-Elect.

Republicans retain the House and Senate.
Rainmaker ... you called it ...

Am surprised Clinton conceded so quickly, now looking at the states she lost, within a couple of points but beyond the ability to really legally contest the results. Her conceding means there won't be weeks or months of lawsuits. When I got up and saw that FL, NC and OH had called for Trump I sat up a bit straighter.

garhkal
11-09-2016, 07:10 AM

Well, the results are in and TRUMP WINS!!!

Hillary already called to concede defeat.

0245 ... Clinton concedes.

Donald Trump is the President-Elect.

Republicans retain the House and Senate.
Rainmaker ... you called it ...

Am surprised Clinton conceded so quickly, now looking at the states she lost, within a couple of points but beyond the ability to really legally contest the results. Her conceding means there won't be weeks or months of lawsuits. When I got up and saw that FL, NC and OH had called for Trump I sat up a bit straighter.

What got me, was lookin at the exit polls, all showing massive clinton support in black, latino, women, yet lost 214 to 288..

Mjölnir
11-09-2016, 07:16 AM
Well, the results are in and TRUMP WINS!!!

Hillary already called to concede defeat.

What got me, was lookin at the exit polls, all showing massive clinton support in black, latino, women, yet lost 214 to 288..

African American vote normally is around 8%, Obama brought that really up, much less support in 2016. Clinton had a big margin with female voters early, that got smaller as we moved West.

When I went to bed FL was starting to pull away for Trump, he was up by about 10,000 but the panhandle was still open and that part of FL is heavy Republican.

Mjölnir
11-09-2016, 07:21 AM
Also, was a bit disappointed that Hillary Clinton did not come out to address her supporters when it was becoming evident. Should have thanked them for their support.

Mjölnir
11-09-2016, 07:23 AM
http://www.canadawelcomesyou.com/images/logo-index.jpg

WILDJOKER5
11-09-2016, 11:14 AM
I don't feel great, but more comfortable with Trump than Clinton.

efmbman
11-09-2016, 11:51 AM
I don't feel great, but more comfortable with Trump than Clinton.
I don't feel great either. No possible outcome from this election would have made me feel great.

Bos Mutus
11-09-2016, 01:17 PM
This is interesting...

I don't personally care for the guy, much...but there's something refreshing about the tipping over of the apple cart, and there is no denying that he is his own man. He doesn't owe anything to the Republican Party or the political funding machine, he won in spite of them, so...

More than willing to give him a fair shot...he won it fair and square.

efmbman
11-09-2016, 01:45 PM
There is one elector from Washington that has proclaimed he will be faithless and not vote for Clinton. Might there be some considering the same tactic and vote for Clinton instead of Trump? The margin of victory in some states was razor thin. From what I understand, some states have fines for faithless electors but there is no mechanism to prevent this.

sparks82
11-09-2016, 02:48 PM
You know how sometimes people wake up from a bender and look at their phone and see all their drunk texts and go "WTF did I do last night?" I feel once the anger hangover wears off from America they'll realize what they did.

Also - no Trump didn't win this. The DNC won this for him by meddling with their candidates. If they had just let Sanders be nominated like their party members wanted him to be, there would be no President-elect Trump.

I hope something good comes of this but I don't foresee it. Even with a Republican controlled Congress, I don't think he's going to get much of anything he wanted to do done. Hopefully they keep his ass in check. They don't like him anymore than anyone else.

I just hope I don't nor the rest of women lose our reproductive rights, that the LGBT community doesn't lose their hard fought rights, that Muslims don't get locked up or tossed out, that journalists don't get locked away for criticizing him, that we don't end up in another godforsaken country or WWIII because someone hurts his ego.

I also feel that after he gets sworn in he is going to get a rude awakening about how things work in this country and he's going to go "What the fuck did I sign up for?"

Rainmaker
11-09-2016, 03:27 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwDiPrFCM0M&feature=share

sparks82
11-09-2016, 04:50 PM
The only way Trump is a successful President is if he surrounds himself with the best and brightest who know how the political game works and he steps back a little. If he tries to control everything, if he lets his ego get the best of him he's going to fail and bring America down with him.

Based on what I've read about likely picks for Cabinet - I'm worried.

Also the fact that both candidates were the least liked in a very long time says something. Honestly America needs to stop angry voting. They did it with Obama and they're doing it again. Angry voting doesn't help.

I hope he can succeed. I do because I don't want America to fail. If anyone says they hope he fails - then they are hoping America fails too. I hope this turns out better than I feel it will. I hope fears end up unwarranted. I hope it was just rhetoric to win but that still doesn't make me trust him.

Honestly - I think everyone can agree we need to reform our electoral process.

At least now parents can tell their children "Yes son, daughter you can be President. Apparently literally anyone can be President."

Also - next time someone applies for a job and says "you don't have enough experience" I hope they point to Trump and say "really?"

garhkal
11-09-2016, 08:15 PM
Also, was a bit disappointed that Hillary Clinton did not come out to address her supporters when it was becoming evident. Should have thanked them for their support.

Many pundits were like you, feeling disappointed she didn't come out to speak..

This is interesting...

I don't personally care for the guy, much...but there's something refreshing about the tipping over of the apple cart, and there is no denying that he is his own man. He doesn't owe anything to the Republican Party or the political funding machine, he won in spite of them, so...

More than willing to give him a fair shot...he won it fair and square.

And with Hillary in Soros's basket, i wonder how George (and his son who married chelsea iirc) are feeling about her loss.

Bos Mutus
11-09-2016, 11:39 PM

And with Hillary in Soros's basket, i wonder how George (and his son who married chelsea iirc) are feeling about her loss.

Marc Mezvinsky is George Soros' son? What?

Bos Mutus
11-09-2016, 11:43 PM
I don't feel great either. No possible outcome from this election would have made me feel great.

It's like watching the Dallas Cowboys play the Philadelphia Eagles....I'm glad to see one of them lose, but it sucks that the other won.

garhkal
11-10-2016, 05:47 AM
Marc Mezvinsky is George Soros' son? What?

Actually his nephew.. Well supposedly

And notice which side is doing all the rioting/protesting? Yet they accuse trump supporters of being haters..

WILDJOKER5
11-10-2016, 12:09 PM

And notice which side is doing all the rioting/protesting? Yet they accuse trump supporters of being haters..

The left is always projectionists. They accuse every white person to be racist, when they are making a general sweeping accusation against an entire race of people. They claim the right is homophobic while supporting the religion that throws gays off roof tops. They claim to be the side of choice, but that only falls to whether or not you want to kill your baby in utero or not. Claim the right are war mongers when every war of the 20th century was started by dems and ended by the GOP.

Rainmaker
11-10-2016, 01:40 PM

The best (worst) part about these election results, is watching the self proclaimed "tolerant progressives" in full meltdown mode because 50 Million Americans finally told them to Piss off

They've actually been brainwashed into believing that the more that you can have Big Brother up your butt, the more free you can be.

Only 70 more days until these useful idiots & a few Soros plants get their comeuppance. It's going to Epic!..... Tic- Toc Snowflakes...

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20170120T00&p0=263&msg=Time+left+until+Obama+leaves+office&csz=1

WILDJOKER5
11-10-2016, 02:25 PM
Well, 59 million, but whos counting. I cant wait for CA to secede and take half the illegals with them.

sparks82
11-10-2016, 02:31 PM

Chelsea's husband is not Soro's son.

These are his parents:
Edward Mezvinsky
Marjorie Margolies

Not sure why you thought Chelsea married George Soros' son.

sparks82
11-10-2016, 02:42 PM

Nowhere did I find anything that states he is related to Soros at all.

Oh do you really think that Trump supporters wouldn't be doing 100 times worse if he had lost??? Delusional.

There are Trump supporters on camera when asked "What if Trump loses the election?" And they reply "Revolution." They stated they would arm themselves and march on Washington and "take back" the White House if Clinton won. You can be damn sure that there would have been a lot more protests and much more violent among some Trump supporters had he lost.

Why would Trump supporters protest right now? That wouldn't make sense would it? So makes no sense to say "look who's protesting now."

Oh and here you go from 2012:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/08/us/anti-obama-protest-at-university-of-mississippi-turns-unruly.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/campus-overload/post/obamas-re-election-sparks-racially-charged-protest-at-ole-miss/2012/11/07/35129110-2914-11e2-bab2-eda299503684_blog.html

During the campaign in 2012: http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers/2012/09/26/protesters-disrupt-obama-campaign-event-in-ohio-demanding-money-out-of-politics

This is from 2008: http://www.nbcnews.com/id/27738018/ns/us_news-life/t/obama-election-spurs-race-threats-crimes/

2013: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/07/obama-protesters-arizona_n_3719050.html

Jan 2013: https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/on-inaugural-eve-obamas-most-virulent-foes-want-the-celebration-stopped/2013/01/14/2050f75e-54f6-11e2-a613-ec8d394535c6_story.html?hpid=z2

Aug 2012: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/04/obama-protesters_n_1741260.html

So please let's not act like some conservatives haven't been protesting Pres Obama for the last 8 years. Between the racial epithets, the questioning his birth certificate, his religion almost daily for 8 years (and some of that done by Trump too) AND the "Obama isn't my President"...c'mon.

So why is it okay that Trump and his supporters have been saying and doing the things they have for the last year or more but when people are unhappy with Trump being elected, they are called "whiners" and "go to your safe space" and "get over it?" That's not how this works. Peaceful protests are constitutional rights. I'm pretty sure there's nothing more American than voicing your displeasure of your government.

It's pretty easy to sit on your high horse but I guarantee you had he lost, it would be 100 times worse with protests. AND the right would be whining so much more than anyone is right now.

That's fine Trump is about to get a rude awakening about what it takes to be POTUS.

Rainmaker
11-10-2016, 02:42 PM
Not sure why you thought Chelsea married George Soros' son.

It gets kind of confusing since Soros paid for her wedding

http://www.jewishpress.com/news/breaking-news/wikileaks-chelsea-clinton-used-foundation-money-to-pay-for-wedding/2016/11/07/

Rainmaker
11-10-2016, 03:23 PM
Well, 59 million, but whos counting. I cant wait for CA to secede and take half the illegals with them.

Yes, & We should thank God that the Founding Fathers (in their infinite wisdom) established , for us, a Constitutional Republic and NOT a Direct Democracy (i.e Mob rule).

Prevents a bunch of knuckleheads clustered in Big cities and half-wits on the Left coast from imposing their twisted version of "Utopia" on the rest of America.

https://mishgea.files.wordpress.com/2016/11/geographic-landslide1.png

sparks82
11-10-2016, 03:26 PM
The best (worst) part about these election results, is watching the self proclaimed "tolerant progressives" in full meltdown mode because 50 Million Americans finally told them to Piss off

They've actually been brainwashed into believing that the more that you can have Big Brother up your butt, the more free you can be.

Only 70 more days until these useful idiots & a few Soros plants get their comeuppance. It's going to Epic!..... Tic- Toc Snowflakes...

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20170120T00&p0=263&msg=Time+left+until+Obama+leaves+office&csz=1

You do realize that he probably won't be able to do most of the things he promised right? The Republicans in Congress don't even like him or most of his plans. There is the whole checks and balances thing - but I guess if he wanted to be a dick he could write EOs.

Also - Trump is about to get a rude awakening on how the world really works when he gets these briefings. Just like Obama did. Just like every other POTUS has realized.

Rainmaker
11-10-2016, 03:43 PM
You do realize that he probably won't be able to do most of the things he promised right? The Republicans in Congress don't even like him or most of his plans.

Maybe.

But actually, one of my reasons for voting in Trump, was that the Legislative Branch might start functioning again as a 3rd branch of Government , instead of just bending over and spreading their cheeks for everything the Black Jesus in the Executive wants.

Trump is about to get a rude awakening on how the world really works when he gets these briefings. Just like Obama did. Just like every other POTUS has realized

There shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. But, the writing's on the wall ...... much of this will soon be happening.

https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/_landings/contract/O-TRU-102316-Contractv02.pdf

See, They can either get on board the Train with the rest of us or they'll be getting run the hell over by it (in the mid-term).

However,

On 10-13-2016, 05:57 PM you wrote:

No 20 million of you don't exist and have not mastered a "coup." You do realize Trump is gonna lose in November right?

In all actuality I am starting to think the theory that he only ran so Hillary could win is becoming more and more possible every day.

Put your faith in that guy all you want. You aren't changing anything

Wake up and smell the coffee sparksie! You were wrong last month....... So, maybe you're still wrong now?

Stop relying on the NYT, WAPO, CNN, Hufpo, Politico ,et. al. (who were just exposed colluding with the Clinton Campaign and the DNC) to give you all of your "news".

In case you haven't figured it out yet. They're paid liars....... Obama's approval rating is not really 55%

sparks82
11-10-2016, 04:30 PM
Maybe.

But actually, one of my reasons for voting in Trump, was that the Legislative Branch might start functioning again as a 3rd branch of Government again, instead of bending over and spreading their cheeks for everything the Black Jesus in the Executive wants.

There shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. But, the writing's on the wall ...... much of this will soon be happening.

https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/_landings/contract/O-TRU-102316-Contractv02.pdf

See, They can either get on board the Train with the rest of us or they'll be getting run the hell over by it (in the mid-term).

However,

On 10-13-2016, 05:57 PM you wrote:

Wake up and smell the coffee sparksie! You were wrong last month....... So, maybe you're still wrong now?

Stop relying on the NYT, WAPO, CNN, Hufpo, Politico ,et. al. (who were just exposed colluding with the Clinton Campaign and the DNC) to give you all of your "news".

In case you haven't figured it out yet. They're paid liars....... Obama's approval rating is not really 55%

I don't have a black Jesus. I'm not sure why you would say "my black Jesus." Obama isn't a "black Jesus" and I don't even believe in the supposed original Jesus (who was likely dark skinned as well).

How exactly is your behavior and those of others who think like you "uniting" this country? It's not. That rhetoric is exactly why people are protesting right now.

Even Trump didn't think he would win. Ok? Everyone was surprised Tues night. Even Trump. Don't lie to yourself. Especially when Clinton was up at least 8 points in PA most of the night.

I don't rely on those arenas to get news. I read through multiple news sites - on both sides of the spectrum. I also am neither Republican nor Democrat.

You realize that a good majority of people ONLY voted for him because they hate Hillary so much. They hate Trump just as much. The exit polls even showed that most people don't like his rhetoric they don't like what he speaks about. If Sanders had gotten the nomination there would be no President-elect Trump right now.

Who said anything about Obama's approval rating? I bet you it's actually pretty high and a lot of people I have seen say "Are we sure he can't run one more term?"

Okay let's look through this little "contract" of his (that isn't even a real contract).

"Cleaning up Corruption and Special Interest"

1. Propose a constitutional amendment to impose term limits on Congress: It's been done. The SCOTUS has ruled already that term limits for Congress are unconstitutional. "U.S. Term Limits, Inc. v. Thornton, 514 US 779 (1995)." This case the SCOTUS ruled that states cannot impose qualifications for prospective members of the US Congress stricter than those specified in the Constitution. This invalidated the Congressional term limit provisions of 23 states. The Founders considered term limits and rejected it while writing the Constitution. In Federalist Papers No 53, James Madison explained why the Constitutional Convention of 1787 rejected term limits: "[A] few of the members of Congress will possess superior talents; will by frequent re-elections, become members of long standing; will be thoroughly masters of the public business, and perhaps not unwilling to avail themselves of those advantages. The greater the proportion of new members of Congress, and the less the information of the bulk of the members, the more apt they be to fall into the snares that may be laid before them," wrote Madison."

So okay he can "propose" an amendment all he wants but it will never be ratified. Do you honestly think that 2/3s of both houses are going to ratify an amendment that limits THEIR jobs? You're more delusional than I thought.

2. Hiring freeze on federal employees - good luck with that.

3. For every new regulation, two existing regulations must be eliminated: How is he going to enforce this?

4. Five year ban on WH and Congressional officials becoming lobbyists after government service: Until he leaves government service right?

5. and 6. How will he get this enacted or enforced?

Seven actions to protect American worker: Not going to happen. Any of it.

Restore security and constitutional rule of law: Where does security need restored? Last I checked there isn't anarchy on the streets. I see police enforcing the law daily. He can "repeal" Obama's EOs. And? If he wants to rescind some of this immigration stuff what's his plan to get 11 million people and deport them? It's not really that easy of a task. Also what about those who were brought here as children and this is their ONLY home that they know? All those who fall under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program. So he just sends innocent children or people back to countries and cultures they aren't part of?

Even with him nominating someone to the SCOTUS it won't change abortion or same sex marriage. You realize that Chief Justice Roberts is conservative and he has been the deciding factor - siding with liberals - on same sex marriage being legal and on abortion issues right? Those things are not going away. His immigration "policy" isn't even a policy. The wall will never be built. Even Republicans in Congress have said that. Mexico has said that.

He can want to try all of these things but he's about to realize how the government works. He's going to come out of these briefings going "What the fuck did I just do?" Everyone does that. I guarantee you they don't realize what it means to be POTUS until they get those deep dives. He will not accomplish these things in 100 days.

I just find it sad that people who think like you continue to want to drive a wedge in America.

Rainmaker
11-10-2016, 04:45 PM
That rhetoric is exactly why people are protesting right now.
They're "protesting" because they're a bunch of entitled brats (or paid agitators) that think the rest of us owes them a living.

If Sanders had gotten the nomination there would be no President-elect Trump right now.
Dream on snowflake. That sellout marxist would've gotten demolished by President Trump.

I just find it sad that people who think like you continue to want to drive a wedge in America.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grD_IINiH9c

efmbman
11-10-2016, 05:28 PM
I laughed so much at that video, but not because Trump won and Hillary lost. Neither candidate appealed to me in any way. I laughed because people are taking this much too seriously. It is unhealthy to attach your well-being to the success of a political candidate. Nothing is guaranteed in politics. Besides, all the "evil" actions Obama was supposed to do in his 8 years didn't happen. I still have all my guns (even added to my collection). There are no FEMA camps nor are there UN troops policing our cities. Chances are, the same will be true for Trump. Although the federal hiring freeze is very possible. All the other crap, not so much.

garhkal
11-10-2016, 07:39 PM
The left is always projectionists. They accuse every white person to be racist, when they are making a general sweeping accusation against an entire race of people. They claim the right is homophobic while supporting the religion that throws gays off roof tops. They claim to be the side of choice, but that only falls to whether or not you want to kill your baby in utero or not. Claim the right are war mongers when every war of the 20th century was started by dems and ended by the GOP.

True that. The left also cries intolerance of the right, but are (often) the most intolerant around..

It gets kind of confusing since Soros paid for her wedding

http://www.jewishpress.com/news/breaking-news/wikileaks-chelsea-clinton-used-foundation-money-to-pay-for-wedding/2016/11/07/

So much for the clinton foundation being only for charity!!?!?

Mjölnir
11-10-2016, 09:21 PM
I mostly use social media for those food videos, sharing pictures of my kid and projects etc. the last two days though social media has been entertainment gold.

garhkal
11-11-2016, 05:13 AM
So what's everyones thought on all these schools (some high) that the students are just 'walking out' to go protest?..

A) should they be charged by the school for truancy?
B) should the school suspend them for leaving school during school hours?
C) what of the parent(s)??

Mjölnir
11-11-2016, 08:59 AM
So what's everyones thought on all these schools (some high) that the students are just 'walking out' to go protest?..

In part I am glad that younger Americans are getting politically and socially aware, I don't agree with all their actions ... but maybe the younger generation will be better on action than most people my age have been.

Probably ... would depend on the local school's policy.

Again, would depend on the school's policy.

What of them, a kid doing something isn't necessarily reflective of a good or bad parent.

BT BT

So, I don't agree with all the 'sore loser' stuff going on right now, there was some of the same thing in 2007 after Obama won, didn't hear about it as much, but there were some protests. I am unsure whether or not there was destructive civil disobedience etc. ... just don't know of any. 2016 is much more widespread. In part, this unwillingness to accept an outcome that their side didn't want, is in part what makes Trump popular to his supporters.

Things that I find really troublesome right how:

1. What are they protesting? A fair & democratic election, just one that they lost. There were no widespread instances of voter fraud, suppression etc. (by either side) that would have effected the outcome.

2. The Electoral College. This is the 2d time in 16 years the candidate with largest popular vote didn't win the election (Clinton in 2016, Gore in 2000). They knew the system, they couldn't get it go their way; if anyone had the machine to make the system work for them it was Hillary Clinton. The Electoral College was designed to prevent a slight majority from ruling roughshod over the rest of the country where population is more dispersed, our founders NEVER intended for a pure or direct democracy. Accounting for population centers, the slight majority could heavily impact widespread parts of the country where they are a huge minority.

Using this map, 50% of the country lives in areas that are blue, the other 50% in areas that are grey:

http://static4.businessinsider.com/image/5227a78e6bb3f70f68316148-800-/map%20of%20us%2050%20percent%20.png

The Electoral College ensures that a candidate must get support from a variety of voting blocks & states. No faction/party can ignore one part of the country/state etc. for too long without it impacting them.

So, I do favor the Electoral College system, I can think of a couple minor tweaks, but I do favor it.

efmbman
11-11-2016, 11:53 AM

A & B: the schools are encouraging this behavior. There will be no repercussions from the school. The consequence will be that these students will be ill prepared for the adversity they will face later in life. Apparently, our institutions of higher learning (and some high schools!) are comfortable imparting the following lesson on their students:
If you don't get your way, feel free to walk away from your responsibilities to cry about it.

So, I do favor the Electoral College system, I can think of a couple minor tweaks, but I do favor it.

My tweak would be to remove the human Elector. Several have proclaimed publicly (even prior to the election) that they had no intention casting their Electoral College ballot for a candidate regardless of the popular vote in their state (Faithless Elector). There is no mechanism to prevent an Elector from doing this. Some states have fines, but they are not serious fines. I know that in our history, no faithless elector has altered the election results, but the potential is there. That potential grows every election cycle as the country becomes more politically polarized.

The election is an internal matter, so the SECSTATE should simply tally the electoral votes from the states and that's that. We can also avoid the drama associated with the DEC 19 Electoral College vote.

garhkal
11-11-2016, 06:41 PM
In part I am glad that younger Americans are getting politically and socially aware, I don't agree with all their actions ... but maybe the younger generation will be better on action than most people my age have been.

Not sure i call staging a "Cry in", or a walk out so we can go sob, or asking professors to cancel or postpone mid terms 'cause we can't deal', getting politically or socially aware..

What of them, a kid doing something isn't necessarily reflective of a good or bad parent.

No, but the parents often are targeted by the state when kids are 'skiving' off of school or being truant. Additionally, when i had a school trip off campus, i had to get parential sign off.. AND that was for school SUPERVISED trips.. not just the students deciding to walk off..

Using this map, 50% of the country lives in areas that are blue, the other 50% in areas that are grey:

Which is something i am arguing with people over on gateworld about.. They argue 'cause the popular vote went to hillary, but the EC went to trump, he stole the election.. WAHHAA we want mob rule.
BUT he was one of those a few years back who argued mob rule (the majority decides), when CA once again voted against legalizing gay marriage in a statewide referendum, was bad as it was a tyranny of the majority...

It seems they only favor said 'tyranny' when its THEM benefiting..

A & B: the schools are encouraging this behavior. There will be no repercussions from the school. The consequence will be that these students will be ill prepared for the adversity they will face later in life. Apparently, our institutions of higher learning (and some high schools!) are comfortable imparting the following lesson on their students:
If you don't get your way, feel free to walk away from your responsibilities to cry about it.

Exactly. What do these snowflakes think about their chances to get a job, when EMPLOYERS are seeing this happen, and happen MORE often on liberal campuses.. Do they think their chance of getting a job will be higher or LOWER???

My tweak would be to remove the human Elector. Several have proclaimed publicly (even prior to the election) that they had no intention casting their Electoral College ballot for a candidate regardless of the popular vote in their state (Faithless Elector). There is no mechanism to prevent an Elector from doing this. Some states have fines, but they are not serious fines. I know that in our history, no faithless elector has altered the election results, but the potential is there. That potential grows every election cycle as the country becomes more politically polarized.

One tweak i am torn on, is assigning the EC votes from a state based on % of the vote someone got... So we don't see say clinton getting all 55 EC votes from CA, just cause she won the 4 big cities (LA/SF/SD/Bakersfield), but i am not sure if that would make it better or worse..

efmbman
11-11-2016, 08:24 PM
One tweak i am torn on, is assigning the EC votes from a state based on % of the vote someone got... So we don't see say clinton getting all 55 EC votes from CA, just cause she won the 4 big cities (LA/SF/SD/Bakersfield), but i am not sure if that would make it better or worse..

The Constitution leaves it up to the states to sort it out, but I feel all the states should adopt the way Maine and Nebraska do it. Each congressional district is awards an electoral vote independent of the others in the state. We could exclude the EC votes tied to Senators as well since each state has 2. That would take the EC from 538 to 438 with 220 to win. I suppose that plan would take gerrymandering to whole new level, though.

waveshaper2
11-12-2016, 12:13 AM

IMHO, maybe a fairer way to divide the electoral college votes would be to partial them out, below state level, based on Congressional Districts/Senate seats won. Of course, to do this, we would have to hold the Senate elections every four years to coincide with the Presidential election cycle.

The current 538 electors (Electoral College Votes), correspond to the 435 Representatives and 100 Senate seats, plus the 3 electors for the District of Columbia.

Example of how something like this might look for California; The 55 California electoral votes would be given out for the 2016 election cycle as follows;
1. The Republicans would get 23 electoral votes to put into the Republican Presidential nominee electoral vote basket (Note; The Republicans won 23 Congressional Districts in California).
2. The Democrats would get 32 electoral votes to put into the Democrats Presidential nominee electoral vote basket (Note; The Democrats won 30 Congressional Districts and 2 Senate seats which in California = 32).

Example of how something like this might look at a National level; The total 2016 National Presidential electoral vote tally would look something like this (I think a few seats are still being contested or votes are being counted);
1. The Republican Presidential nominee would get 290 electoral votes (239 House of Representatives districts + 51 Senate seats won = 290).
2. The Democrat Presidential nominee would get 243 electoral votes (192 House of Representatives districts won + 48 Senate seats won + 3 Washington DC electoral votes won = 243).
3. Independents/others won a total of 5 districts/seats = 5 electoral votes?
Totals; 290 + 243 + 5 = 538 electoral votes.

Rainmaker
11-12-2016, 02:56 AM
the last two days though social media has been entertainment gold.

http://i.imgur.com/Jg0gWBo.gifv

sparks82
11-14-2016, 03:18 PM

All what schools? I know of one school where it was part of a civics class and it was a peaceful rally that wasn't bent on either side. Then they all returned to class.

If they aren't coming back to school then that's different. If it's part of a government class that's different too.

sparks82
11-14-2016, 03:22 PM
I can see what exactly would be some of the posts on this thread if it had gone the other way - and Trump supporters were crying "Revolution!" if he lost.

In fact HE called for Revolution in 2012. And he also denounced the EC.

I just find it funny that Trump supporters got conned big time by him. He's no different than any other politician before him. He's surrounding himself with the exact people he said he was running against to fight. Conaway is already "warning" senators to watch what they say about him.

He even didn't think he would win - he played you all pretty good. As the shock has worn off I just sit back and laugh. I don't want him to fail because that doesn't help any of us. But I laugh at how much he fucking played his supporters. Empty promises just like Obama made.

Rainmaker
11-14-2016, 04:11 PM
I laugh at how much he fucking played his supporters.

His supporters laugh at how liberal Idiots have gotten every single prediction wrong. And yet, they'll still, continue to double down on their own stupidity.

He's no different than any other politician before him.

Empty promises just like Obama made

So, you're no longer worried about having your pussy grabbed or getting deported?

sparks82
11-14-2016, 04:21 PM
His supporters laugh at how liberal Idiots have gotten every single prediction wrong. And yet, they'll still, continue to double down on their own stupidity.

So, you're no longer worried about having your pussy grabbed or getting deported?

I would never allow anyone to grab my pussy and I was born in the US so there's no way I can be deported...unless he wants to illegally deport US citizens purely because they disagree with him.

Empty promises as in campaign promises.

Rainmaker
11-14-2016, 04:32 PM
Empty promises as in campaign promises.

It's comforting to know that you're clairvoyant & can tell us what's going to happen (66 days before he's even been sworn in).

And while you're at it Miss Cleo....... Can you give the rest of us dupes the winning numbers for next week's Powerball lottery?

Rainmaker
11-14-2016, 05:09 PM

Stop being mean..... What they really need are puppies and coloring books!

http://reason.com/blog/2016/11/11/upenn-created-a-post-election-safe-space

garhkal
11-14-2016, 06:17 PM
All what schools? I know of one school where it was part of a civics class and it was a peaceful rally that wasn't bent on either side. Then they all returned to class.

If they aren't coming back to school then that's different. If it's part of a government class that's different too.

WEll, we had several high schools where the students did a walk out.. And that was in CA, one in Mi and iirc one in NYC.. THAT doesn't speak to be about it being official, cause if it was, it wouldn't have been a 'walk-out'..

Also, according a group 'votefraud.org' (though when i click to go to their website, i get a site not built!),
http://www.infowars.com/report-three-million-votes-in-presidential-election-cast-by-illegal-aliens/

up to 3 million votes so far have been counted that were fraudulet (cast by someone dead, illegal immigrants etc). So because of that, trump seems to not only have one via the EC, but also got the popular vote..

Rusty Jones
11-16-2016, 07:55 AM
I can see what exactly would be some of the posts on this thread if it had gone the other way - and Trump supporters were crying "Revolution!" if he lost.

In fact HE called for Revolution in 2012. And he also denounced the EC.

I just find it funny that Trump supporters got conned big time by him. He's no different than any other politician before him. He's surrounding himself with the exact people he said he was running against to fight. Conaway is already "warning" senators to watch what they say about him.

He even didn't think he would win - he played you all pretty good. As the shock has worn off I just sit back and laugh. I don't want him to fail because that doesn't help any of us. But I laugh at how much he fucking played his supporters. Empty promises just like Obama made.

I love the looks on Trump's face recently. I'm just now starting to agree with Bos. Trump's campaign was a sham. He was trying to lose on purpose, and ended up winning when he wasn't "supposed" to. I think he's going to get overwhelmed by the job and end up resigning. And that's the best case scenario. Worst case? He doesn't seek reelection in 2020.

Rainmaker
11-16-2016, 02:49 PM
I'm just now starting to agree with Bos. Trump's campaign was a sham. He was trying to lose on purpose, and ended up winning when he wasn't "supposed" to. I think he's going to get overwhelmed by the job and end up resigning..

Uh oh .... I see we've got another one here that's still stuck in phase one!

Elizabeth Kübler Ross: On Death and Dying – 1969

1 – Denial. Denial is a conscious or unconscious refusal to accept facts, information, reality, etc., relating to the situation concerned.
2 – Anger.
3 – Bargaining.
4 – Depression. (Also referred to as preparatory grieving)
5 – Acceptance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C3%BCbler-Ross_model

MikeKerriii
11-16-2016, 03:21 PM
WEll, we had several high schools where the students did a walk out.. And that was in CA, one in Mi and iirc one in NYC.. THAT doesn't speak to be about it being official, cause if it was, it wouldn't have been a 'walk-out'..

Also, according a group 'votefraud.org' (though when i click to go to their website, i get a site not built!),
http://www.infowars.com/report-three-million-votes-in-presidential-election-cast-by-illegal-aliens/

up to 3 million votes so far have been counted that were fraudulet (cast by someone dead, illegal immigrants etc). So because of that, trump seems to not only have one via the EC, but also got the popular vote..

Got anything written or even read by sane people?

Infowars states that the US was going to invade Texas ans that Texas was only saved by the brave action of some brave patriots with an average IQ in the 60s.. They also believe that all the airlines and all the world military forces s are conspiring to poison everyone mysterious chemicals in jet contrails Not to mention some other truly stupid nutjob conspiracies like those about remote weather control via radio waves.

Rainmaker
11-16-2016, 03:23 PM
Got anything written or even read by sane people?

Yes, help is available for you too Mike! Ask, and it shall be given you....

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BRjMY4UxL._SX330_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Rusty Jones
11-17-2016, 07:17 PM
Uh oh .... I see we've got another one here that's still stuck in phase one!

Elizabeth Kübler Ross: On Death and Dying – 1969

1 – Denial. Denial is a conscious or unconscious refusal to accept facts, information, reality, etc., relating to the situation concerned.
2 – Anger.
3 – Bargaining.
4 – Depression. (Also referred to as preparatory grieving)
5 – Acceptance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C3%BCbler-Ross_model

Yeah? What phase is uncontrollable laughter at the fact that he's gonna choke?

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-obama-meeting-2016-11

President-elect Donald Trump celebrated his status as a Washington outsider during his campaign for the presidency, but his lack of familiarity with the US government appears to be coming into view as he transitions to the White House.

During Trump's private meeting with President Barack Obama on Thursday, Trump "seemed surprised" by the scope of the president's responsibilities, according to a report from The Wall Street Journal.

Trump's aides were also apparently unaware that the entire staff of the president working in the White House's West Wing would need to be replaced, according to The Journal.

Obama reportedly will spend more time counseling Trump about the presidency than most presidents do with their successors.

Trump and Obama were highly critical of each other during the campaign season but appear to have struck a conciliatory tone since Trump's election, at least publicly.

"I want to emphasize to you, Mr. President-elect, that we now are going to want to do everything we can to help you succeed, because if you succeed, then the country succeeds," Obama told Trump in front of reporters on Thursday.
Trump called Obama "a very good man."

What? Donald Trump and his aides didn't know that they had to replace the West Wing staff? LOL, even the rednecks who voted for him knew that. Yeah, your boy can't swim. He's bound to drizzown.