PDA

View Full Version : Splitting Your Pay While Deployed?

Rusty Jones
07-23-2016, 06:34 PM
Okay, so my wife and I agreed to me being able to take $500 per payday while deployed to Al Udeid. The issue is that I'm trying to have that money paid to me separately.

While I was in the Navy, this could initially be done by "split pay," which eventually got replaced by "Navy Cash." Basically, whatever you set aside went directly to a card every payday that you could use at the ATMs and the stores onboard ships.

Does the Air Force have an equivalent? I understand that I could make allotment to a separate checking account; the problem is that if I do this, I'll get $1,000 on the 1st when I really want the $500 on the 1st and 15th.

Max Power
07-23-2016, 07:16 PM
Okay, so my wife and I agreed to me being able to take $500 per payday while deployed to Al Udeid. The issue is that I'm trying to have that money paid to me separately.

While I was in the Navy, this could initially be done by "split pay," which eventually got replaced by "Navy Cash." Basically, whatever you set aside went directly to a card every payday that you could use at the ATMs and the stores onboard ships.

Does the Air Force have an equivalent? I understand that I could make allotment to a separate checking account; the problem is that if I do this, I'll get $1,000 on the 1st when I really want the $500 on the 1st and 15th.

I'm not familiar with splitting pay like that without an allotment but an Eagle Cash card may help you out. https://www.fiscal.treasury.gov/fsservices/gov/pmt/eagleCash/eagleCash_home.htm It's a card that you link to your bank account and you go to a kiosk and load funds to it when you need it. Just about everywhere on base at your deployed location accepts it. You can get it from your homestation finance before you leave or from your deployed location finance when you get there. I've used it for many deployments and it is much easier than carrying cash around. You can also transfer the money you don't use back to your bank account before you come back home.