PDA

View Full Version : So, WTF is going on Turkey?

Rainmaker
07-20-2016, 02:33 PM
Anyone at Incrilik or Diyarbakir?

Turkey set for emergency measures to quell post-coup turmoil

Around 50,000 soldiers, police, judges, civil servants and teachers have been suspended or detained since the military coup attempt, raising tensions across the country of 80 million which borders Syria's chaos and is a Western ally against Islamic State.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-turkey-security-idUSKCN0ZX07S?il=0

Incirlik Air Base is still without power

State Department spokesman Mark Toner said he was not aware if the base power issue came up in when President Barack Obama spoke to Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Tuesday

http://www.airforcetimes.com/story/military/2016/07/19/incirlik-air-base-still-without-power/87316140/

This is beginning to look more and more like faux coup/ ruse to purge opposition. My God, our Foreign Policy is a total Cluster Fuck!

sandsjames
07-20-2016, 02:52 PM

Turkey set for emergency measures to quell post-coup turmoil

Around 50,000 soldiers, police, judges, civil servants and teachers have been suspended or detained since the military coup attempt, raising tensions across the country of 80 million which borders Syria's chaos and is a Western ally against Islamic State.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-turkey-security-idUSKCN0ZX07S?il=0

Incirlik Air Base is still without power

State Department spokesman Mark Toner said he was not aware if the base power issue came up in when President Barack Obama spoke to Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Tuesday

http://www.airforcetimes.com/story/military/2016/07/19/incirlik-air-base-still-without-power/87316140/

This is beginning to look more and more like faux coup/ ruse to purge opposition. My God, our Foreign Policy is a total Cluster Fuck!

Don't worry...mission essential facilities have power. Yep...that's right...scrubs like me are the only thing keep that base going right now.

Rainmaker
07-20-2016, 02:54 PM
Don't worry...mission essential facilities have power. Yep...that's right...scrubs like me are the only thing keep that base going right now.

Paging Mr. Sandsjames..... Mr. Sandsjames.... Please quit wasting time on the internet and pick up the white courtesy phone...... MF'ers need you to get your ass over to Incirlik ASAP and get the lights back on.... It's the middle of Summer & the Wagon wheel's been without cold beer for 5 days!

waveshaper2
07-20-2016, 03:56 PM
At least the Turks haven't cut our fuel supply "yet". Example; DLA-owned fuel stored throughout the Western/Eastern Turkish NATO Pipeline System (TNPS), Yumurtalik Pipeline, and 5 Turkish COCO facilities.

These are 2006 quantities/fees charged; I'm sure they have changed since 2006.

E.1.1. Storage. $1.12 U.S. dollars per barrel per year for 500,000 barrels (79.500 m3).
E.1.2. Transportation. Transportation of up to 2,700,000 barrels (429,300 m3) of F34 annually from point of entry to delivery points specified in Annex D for the following costs:
E.1.2.1. Into Incirlik Air Base by pipeline from Adana NATO—$0.36 U.S. dollars per barrel
E.1.2.2. Into Tank Truck at the following locations:
E.1.2.2.1. Adana COCO—$3.00 U.S. dollars per barrel
E. 1.2.2.2. Elazig COCO—$5.01 U.S. dollars per barrel
E.1.2.2.3. Diyarbakir—$5.38 U.S. dollars per barrel
E.1.2.2.4. Batman—$7.12 U.S. dollars per barrel
E.2. Antalya. In case the fuel is off-loaded at Antalya Sea Terminal, public transportation fee shall be charged separately. DESC shall be responsible for funding costs to transport F34 from Antalya to Mersin if MOD-ANT has no product in the Eastern TNPS to

waveshaper2
07-20-2016, 04:32 PM

Some other tidbits;

1. The Turkish commander of Incirlik AB and 12 other Turkish officers assigned to Incirlik AB were arrested;
Excerpt; The commander of İncirlik Air Base, who was arrested for his role in plotting the failed military coup, sought asylum from the United States but was denied, The New York Times reported Sunday.

Van was detained at the key İncirlik Air Base used by U.S. forces and forces in the anti-DAESH coalition for raids in Syria, along with a dozen lower-ranked officers.

The suspects are being charged with "membership in an armed terrorist organization" and "attempting to overthrow the government of the Republic of Turkey using force and violence or attempting to completely or partially hinder its function."

http://www.dailysabah.com/diplomacy/2016/07/18/us-rejects-asylum-to-incirlik-base-commander-detained-for-complicity-in-failed-coup-attempt

2. Hero one day and facing Impalement the next.

Turkey arrests pilots who shot down Russian bomber;

Excerpt; Two Turkish military pilots who shot down a Russian Su-24M bomber over Syria have been arrested in connection with the failed coup last week, the country's justice minister said Tuesday.

The day after the coup attempt, the mayor of Ankara, Melin Gokcek, said on CNN Turk the pilots were involved in the uprising. Specifically, he said one of the pilots belonged to a secret "parallel state" organization allegedly headed by cleric Fethullah Gulen, who lives in self-exile in the United States.

Gokcek told CNN Turk that "our relations with Russia have been spoiled by these villains."

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2016/07/19/Turkey-arrests-pilots-who-shot-down-Russian-bomber-linked-to-failed-coup/6671468942405/?spt=sec&or=tn

3. Fourteen Turkish warships are still unaccounted for, their commanders suspected to be among the plotters who sought to overthrow President Erdogan;

Excerpt; The 14 missing ships were reportedly on active duty in either the Aegean or the Black Sea and have not tried to make contact with naval headquarters or report back to the port. The commander of the Turkish navy, Admiral Veysel Kosele, has not been heard from since Friday. Many suspect the warships may be heading to Greek ports.

https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/rogue-turkish-warships-missing-since-coup/

Rainmaker
07-20-2016, 10:27 PM
scrubs like me are the only thing keep that base going right now.

We can talk aboutcha.... But, we can't talk withoutcha!

Mjölnir
07-20-2016, 11:21 PM

The only scrubs are at medical and dental.

sandsjames
07-21-2016, 10:33 AM
The only scrubs are at medical and dental.

I see what you did there!

Mjölnir
07-21-2016, 10:47 AM

Be sure to tip the wait staff.

Mjölnir
07-21-2016, 10:47 AM

Be sure to tip the wait staff.