PDA

View Full Version : Ad changes

sandsjames
06-17-2016, 04:04 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/14/europe/uk-london-bans-negative-body-image-ads/?iid=ob_homepage_deskrecommended_pool

So the UK is banning "unrealistic" and "unhealthy" body images. Simply put, they don't want pictures of attractive people on walls because it might make the unattractive feel bad about themselves.

I wonder if they consider overweight as "unhealthy" in ads. I know the answer...they don't. They push for advertising with "full figured" women and tell them that it's not unhealthy as long as they are happy with the way they look.

Rusty Jones
06-17-2016, 04:32 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/14/europe/uk-london-bans-negative-body-image-ads/?iid=ob_homepage_deskrecommended_pool

So the UK is banning "unrealistic" and "unhealthy" body images. Simply put, they don't want pictures of attractive people on walls because it might make the unattractive feel bad about themselves.

I wonder if they consider overweight as "unhealthy" in ads. I know the answer...they don't. They push for advertising with "full figured" women and tell them that it's not unhealthy as long as they are happy with the way they look.

I don't get it. Remember a few years ago, how they were talking about making "full figured" Barbie dolls?

I'm thinking back to the 1980's, when I played with He-Man action figures. Remember how totally ripped they were? No wrestler in the WWF, NWA, or AWA had shit on them. Did any of those action figures make us feel like we didn't measure up? Did any of the fat boys rush to buy the Ram Man figure, because he was fat and it would make them feel good? LOL, not only was Ram Man fat, but he was dumb too. And no one cared.

But it's not just a time thing. When a boy buys an action figure today, it's likely going to be among Marvel, DC, or Star Wars characters... most of whom are ripped too.

If anything, the physiques of the action figures that boys play with are the ones that are realistic. Are you a boy, and you want to look like Captain America? You're gonna have to spend hours at the gym almost every fucking day, and go on strict diet and take protein and creatine supplements.

Are you a girl and you want to look like Barbie? All you've gotta do is not sit on your ass and eat Twinkies all day.

And THEY'RE the ones complaining? LOL

garhkal
06-19-2016, 03:23 AM
I just have to scratch my head yet again at the stupidity of all this..