PDA

View Full Version : Public vs private lives

sandsjames
05-16-2016, 03:56 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/13/opinions/ronan-farrow-article-ben-ghiat/index.html

Good article, IMO. We've discussed this a little bit on here, but not much.

I'm of the mind that I don't care about the personal lives of the people I watch on TV or listen to on the radio (yes, I listen actual FM radio still). Celebrities/athletes have always had shady backgrounds. We just didn't know much about them because the only way to find out about personal lives were through fluff pieces in magazines.

garhkal
05-16-2016, 08:12 PM
IMO if THEY put themselves out there into the public purvue, then their private lives are game.. Like clooney, the kardashians etc.. If they don't want people mixing up their public/private lives, then don't use their public personal to push a private thought. Such as Clooney recently stating at a press conference on his new film with Ms Roberts, that Trump won't win the presidency and anyone who votes for him is just a hater..

sandsjames
05-16-2016, 08:49 PM
IMO if THEY put themselves out there into the public purvue, then their private lives are game.. Like clooney, the kardashians etc.. If they don't want people mixing up their public/private lives, then don't use their public personal to push a private thought. Such as Clooney recently stating at a press conference on his new film with Ms Roberts, that Trump won't win the presidency and anyone who votes for him is just a hater..

I know that they are fair game...I just don't care about what they've done. Do I like them as an actor...do I like them as an athlete? Those are the questions. I'm not planning on marrying them.

Rusty Jones
05-17-2016, 10:30 AM
Not having a personal life is the price you pay for stardom. If any of them don't like it, they're more than welcome to trade places with me.