PDA

View Full Version : Are we ready for a gay Disney princess? We may be closer than you think.

sparks82
05-12-2016, 06:12 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/are-we-ready-for-a-gay-disney-princess-we-may-be-closer-than-you-think/2016/05/11/69d3302e-12e2-11e6-81b4-581a5c4c42df_story.html
The antelopes next door were gay — maybe.

For viewers of the animated Disney hit “Zootopia,” it’s been a bit of a guessing game. In an early scene, rookie rabbit police officer Judy moves into her new apartment and meets her new neighbors. Bucky and Pronk are both antelopes and both men, who live together and bicker like a married couple. But . . . were they?

The answer, available to sharp-eyed movie fans, comes in the closing credits: Bucky and Pronk share a last name, Oryx-Antlerson.

While gay and lesbian characters are standard players in movies and TV shows for adults, they remain a fleeting or barely acknowledged presence in children’s entertainment.

Last week, a campaign to change this caught fire on Twitter, under the hashtag #GiveElsaAGirlfriend — a plea to Disney to make one half of its beloved princess duo a lesbian in the forthcoming sequel to its 2013 animated blockbuster “Frozen.”

sandsjames
05-12-2016, 06:17 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/are-we-ready-for-a-gay-disney-princess-we-may-be-closer-than-you-think/2016/05/11/69d3302e-12e2-11e6-81b4-581a5c4c42df_story.html

For viewers of the animated Disney hit “Zootopia,” it’s been a bit of a guessing game. In an early scene, rookie rabbit police officer Judy moves into her new apartment and meets her new neighbors. Bucky and Pronk are both antelopes and both men, who live together and bicker like a married couple. But . . . were they?

The answer, available to sharp-eyed movie fans, comes in the closing credits: Bucky and Pronk share a last name, Oryx-Antlerson.

While gay and lesbian characters are standard players in movies and TV shows for adults, they remain a fleeting or barely acknowledged presence in children’s entertainment.

Last week, a campaign to change this caught fire on Twitter, under the hashtag #GiveElsaAGirlfriend — a plea to Disney to make one half of its beloved princess duo a lesbian in the forthcoming sequel to its 2013 animated blockbuster “Frozen.”

The better question is "Why do we need a gay Disney princess?" Should little girls grow up aspiring to be lesbians?

What annoys me with this shit is this: A big thing was made fairly recently of Burt and Ernie sharing a bed, meaning that they must be gay...when the real answer is simple...kids do think about the sexuality of the characters they are watching. I never once thought of Burt and Ernie as gay OR straight...that doesn't need to be part of the identity of all characters on TV shows.

So to quote another Disney Princess, "Let it go..."!!!!!!!

sparks82
05-12-2016, 06:17 PM

I honestly don't care if they want to make a new character who is homosexual in Disney movies. I don't care. I don't think my daughter would even notice once she got older.

I don't think Elsa needs to be made gay. Why can't a princess just want to be single? They said the same thing about the girl in Brave. That she must be a lesbian because she was so independent and fought getting forced into marriage. No maybe she just didn't want to marry someone she didn't know or love. Imagine women having their own thoughts and opinions...

The whole point of Frozen was to show the "true love" was that of the sisterly bond between Elsa and Anna. What's wrong with that?

I guess I haven't seen Zootopia to know anything about that one. At all.

The Bert and Ernie thing was ridiculous. At least Sesame Street reminded everyone "they're puppets."

I think the whole "give Elsa a girlfriend" thing is ridiculous. Make a new Disney prince or princess show about a gay character. Why does it have to be always princes and princesses anyway? How realistic is that for kids? How many kids are ever going to be or exposed to royalty in their lives? If they want to use the argument to allow kids to relate, let's stop using royalty as main characters perhaps.

sparks82
05-12-2016, 06:28 PM
The better question is "Why do we need a gay Disney princess?" Should little girls grow up aspiring to be lesbians?

What annoys me with this shit is this: A big thing was made fairly recently of Burt and Ernie sharing a bed, meaning that they must be gay...when the real answer is simple...kids do think about the sexuality of the characters they are watching. I never once thought of Burt and Ernie as gay OR straight...that doesn't need to be part of the identity of all characters on TV shows.

It's not so someone "aspires" to be a lesbian it's so children who are homosexual can have someone to look up to. It was not a big deal "recently" about Bert and Ernie. That shit was some time ago. I haven't heard anything about that in awhile. When I looked last summer there was an article after the SCOTUS ruling on same sex marriage that Sesame Street would have them marry each other and that didn't happen. The last article about them was 2014. The bed thing seems like it came up a long time ago.

They do or don't think about sexuality in your opinion?

Kids know pretty young their sexual orientation. My brother is gay and he said he's known since he was five years old. But growing up in conservative, bigoted Midwest and a rural town he didn't come out until he was 19. After he graduated and left home. Now it might be slightly better but not when we were growing up. He would've gotten his ass kicked. He told me once how when I would say I thought a guy was hot he wished he could say it out loud back then. I'm sure he would've liked seeing a gay couple on his favorite TV shows or movies.

Considering some parents don't even explain to their kids about sex ever at all and leave it to the schools that's why we have these things in shows and movies.

sandsjames
05-12-2016, 06:36 PM
They do or don't think about sexuality in your opinion? They don't think about it.

Kids know pretty young their sexual orientation. My brother is gay and he said he's known since he was five years old. This is BS. At that age, people are asexual at best. To associate anything with sexuality at that age is pretty sick. People at age 5 are not attracted to anyone sexually and if they are they need to be taken to a psychiatrist.

But growing up in conservative, bigoted Midwest and a rural town he didn't come out until he was 19. After he graduated and left home. Now it might be slightly better but not when we were growing up. He would've gotten his ass kicked. He told me once how when I would say I thought a guy was hot he wished he could say it out loud back then. I'm sure he would've liked seeing a gay couple on his favorite TV shows or movies. Don't worry...there's plenty of homos for people to watch on TV now. Every show...every channel...all the time.

Because, you know, every group of people has a least 1 gay person in it.

Considering some parents don't even explain to their kids about sex ever at all and leave it to the schools that's why we have these things in shows and movies.What?? The??? Fuck??? are you saying here? That's why we have what in shows and movies?

sparks82
05-12-2016, 06:49 PM
They don't think about it.

This is BS. At that age, people are asexual at best. To associate anything with sexuality at that age is pretty sick. People at age 5 are not attracted to anyone sexually and if they are they need to be taken to a psychiatrist.

Don't worry...there's plenty of homos for people to watch on TV now. Every show...every channel...all the time.

What?? The??? Fuck??? are you saying here? That's why we have what in shows and movies?

Really? You don't think that children can be attracted to someone? That children don't have crushes? You never had a crush on a girl when you were in elementary school? I had a crush on one guy in my class from first grade through 12th grade. I never told him. But in 1st grade I was six and I knew that I liked him. He and his best friend were the only two boys I invited to a party I had when I turned 7. There was an attraction. Okay not sexual as I didn't think about that until maybe junior high but I still had an attraction to him. When I was 9 I had a crush on Joey from New Kids on the Block. I thought my friend's older brother was cute when I was in like 3rd grade and he is 2 years older. So kids have attractions to people. It doesn't always have to be sexual.

So yes kids do have attractions to other people. Everything isn't about sex. So when my brother was a kid he was attracted to other boys. He had crushes on boys - not girls.

Every show has gay people? Out of all the shows I watch I can think of one show that has gay people in it - Modern Family. Oh wait Once Upon a Time just had a gay character plot on an episode and made Mulan a lesbian and Dorothy and Little Red Riding Hood. So two shows out of all the shows I watch have gay people in them. What shows are you watching? Gay people are not on TV all the time on every channel. They might throw in a stereotypical gay character every once in awhile.

Yeah it ends up in the media because people don't want to talk to their kids about sex. Why is that hard to understand? People complain about all this sex in TV, movies and at school but then don't talk to their kids about it. So kids have to find out the information from other places and it isn't always the best.

This sums it up: "Eileen Ross, director of a Mountain View, CA program for gay youth, says that when a 12-year-old boy says he likes girls, "No one says to them: 'Are you sure? You're too young to know if you like girls. It's probably just a phase.'" We are totally accepting of people who "just know" that they're heterosexual from an early age, and we recognize that heterosexuality encompasses not just intercourse but also crushes, flirting, dating, behaviors many parents of middle-schoolers not only allowed but find charming. A "schoolboy crush" is usually considered cute — as long as it's on a girl."

sandsjames
05-12-2016, 07:01 PM
Really? You don't think that children can be attracted to someone? That children don't have crushes? You never had a crush on a girl when you were in elementary school? I had a crush on one guy in my class from first grade through 12th grade. I never told him. But in 1st grade I was six and I knew that I liked him. He and his best friend were the only two boys I invited to a party I had when I turned 7. There was an attraction. Okay not sexual as I didn't think about that until maybe junior high but I still had an attraction to him. When I was 9 I had a crush on Joey from New Kids on the Block. I thought my friend's older brother was cute when I was in like 3rd grade and he is 2 years older. So kids have attractions to people. It doesn't always have to be sexual.

So yes kids do have attractions to other people. Everything isn't about sex. So when my brother was a kid he was attracted to other boys. He had crushes on boys - not girls.

Every show has gay people? Out of all the shows I watch I can think of one show that has gay people in it - Modern Family. Oh wait Once Upon a Time just had a gay character plot on an episode and made Mulan a lesbian and Dorothy and Little Red Riding Hood. So two shows out of all the shows I watch have gay people in them. What shows are you watching? Gay people are not on TV all the time on every channel. They might throw in a stereotypical gay character every once in awhile.

Yeah it ends up in the media because people don't want to talk to their kids about sex. Why is that hard to understand? People complain about all this sex in TV, movies and at school but then don't talk to their kids about it. So kids have to find out the information from other places and it isn't always the best.

This sums it up: "Eileen Ross, director of a Mountain View, CA program for gay youth, says that when a 12-year-old boy says he likes girls, "No one says to them: 'Are you sure? You're too young to know if you like girls. It's probably just a phase.'" We are totally accepting of people who "just know" that they're heterosexual from an early age, and we recognize that heterosexuality encompasses not just intercourse but also crushes, flirting, dating, behaviors many parents of middle-schoolers not only allowed but find charming. A "schoolboy crush" is usually considered cute — as long as it's on a girl."

Ok...here we go: TV shows with a gay character....I'll just list some of them...though the list is extensive...actually, I'll list just on the major networks to make it easier:

The Catch
Heartbeat
The Family
The Real O'Neals
Shades of Blue
Legends of Tomorrow
Telenovela
Superstore
Fear the Walking Dead
Crazy Ex-Girlfriend
Dr. Ken
Blindspot
Grandfathered
Code Black
Quantico
Rosewood
Scream Queens
Aquarius

(BTW-this is just under the "drama" list...not even comedies)

One Big Happy
Dig
American Crime
Backstrom
Madam Secretary
The Mysteries of Laura
The Flash

Holy shit...I'd be typing forever....go to Wikipedia...or just search for TV shows/Movies with gay characters. it's and extremely long list.

sandsjames
05-12-2016, 07:03 PM
This sums it up: "Eileen Ross, director of a Mountain View, CA program for gay youth, says that when a 12-year-old boy says he likes girls, "No one says to them: 'Are you sure? You're too young to know if you like girls. It's probably just a phase.'"

That's because it's normal for boys to like girls. Over 98% of boys like girls and over 98% of girls like boys.

sparks82
05-12-2016, 07:04 PM
Ok...here we go: TV shows with a gay character....I'll just list some of them...though the list is extensive...actually, I'll list just on the major networks to make it easier:

The Catch
Heartbeat
The Family
The Real O'Neals
Shades of Blue
Legends of Tomorrow
Telenovela
Superstore
Fear the Walking Dead
Crazy Ex-Girlfriend
Dr. Ken
Blindspot
Grandfathered
Code Black
Quantico
Rosewood
Scream Queens
Aquarius

(BTW-this is just under the "drama" list...not even comedies)

One Big Happy
Dig
American Crime
Backstrom
Madam Secretary
The Mysteries of Laura
The Flash

Holy shit...I'd be typing forever....go to Wikipedia...or just search for TV shows/Movies with gay characters. it's and extremely long list.

I haven't even heard of half those shows. Who is gay on Grandfathered? I haven't watched it in awhile but that's the show with John Stamos...I don't remember a gay character on it.

I don't spend my time using Wikipedia as a source often. You seemed to be implying there are shows with nothing but gay characters on them all the time. I feel like these are shows that have guest characters or supporting characters that are gay. But again I haven't heard of half of them so I guess. The rest I don't watch.

sparks82
05-12-2016, 07:06 PM
That's because it's normal for boys to like girls. Over 98% of boys like girls and over 98% of girls like boys.

Normal for you isn't the same as normal for someone else. Where you grew up some things might be "normal" that weren't normal where I grew up. Things that are "normal" in the US aren't "normal" in other countries.

Normal for my brother as a homosexual male - which he always has been - is to be attracted to men. Normal for me as a heterosexual woman is attractions to men. I didn't choose to be heterosexual anymore than he chose to be gay. If any heterosexual person "chooses" to be heterosexual that means you have had homosexual tendencies at some point in your life.

Rainmaker
05-12-2016, 07:07 PM
The better question is "Why do we need a gay Disney princess?"

We don't. But, it's being forced on us by a foreign, hostile ideology (Kabbalistic cult)

Years ago Mrs. Rainmaker took a part time Job at the Disney Reservation Call center to earn a little extra money and help pay off some bills. They weren't allowed to Tell people if they happened to be booking their vacation during the Unofficial "Disney Gay Days".

They would receive tons of complaints from people who just wanted to take their kids on Family Friendly vacation and then wound up getting confronted with in-your-face disgusting behavior from these social deviant misfits.

sandsjames
05-12-2016, 07:13 PM
I haven't even heard of half those shows. Who is gay on Grandfathered? I haven't watched it in awhile but that's the show with John Stamos...I don't remember a gay character on it.

I don't spend my time using Wikipedia as a source often. You seemed to be implying there are shows with nothing but gay characters on them all the time. I feel like these are shows that have guest characters or supporting characters that are gay. But again I haven't heard of half of them so I guess. The rest I don't watch.

I didn't claim that every show had all gay characters. I stated that every show has a token gay character. They are implying that every group of people has at least one gay member.

"Annelise", whoever that is, was is a gay character on Grandfathered.

Whether you've heard of these shows or not doesn't matter. These are shows on the major networks. The numbers go up once you get to the cable channels.

sparks82
05-12-2016, 07:16 PM
We don't. But, it's being forced on us by a foreign, hostile ideology (Kabbalistic cult)

Years ago Mrs. Rainmaker took a part time Job at the Disney Reservation Call center to earn a little extra money and help pay off some bills. They weren't allowed to Tell people if they happened to be booking their vacation during the Unofficial "Disney Gay Days".

They would receive tons of complaints from people who just wanted to take their kids on Family Friendly vacation and then wound up getting confronted with in-your-face disgusting behavior from these social deviant misfits.

What? Kabbalistic cult? And not all homosexuals are "social deviant misfits." Anyone can be a social deviant misfit.

sparks82
05-12-2016, 07:17 PM
I didn't claim that every show had all gay characters. I stated that every show has a token gay character. They are implying that every group of people has at least one gay member.

"Annelise", whoever that is, was is a gay character on Grandfathered.

Whether you've heard of these shows or not doesn't matter. These are shows on the major networks. The numbers go up once you get to the cable channels.

That might be his assistant. I vaguely remember a mention in the first episode but again I haven't seen it in awhile. Pretty much forgot as that was the only mention.

And "every" show doesn't have a token gay character.

sandsjames
05-12-2016, 07:20 PM
Normal for you isn't the same as normal for someone else. Where you grew up some things might be "normal" that weren't normal where I grew up. Things that are "normal" in the US aren't "normal" in other countries.

Normal for my brother as a homosexual male - which he always has been - is to be attracted to men. Normal for me as a heterosexual woman is attractions to men. I didn't choose to be heterosexual anymore than he chose to be gay. If any heterosexual person "chooses" to be heterosexual that means you have had homosexual tendencies at some point in your life.

Whatever you need to tell yourself...I realize it's important in order for you to be able to accept your brother as he is.

sandsjames
05-12-2016, 07:29 PM
That might be his assistant. I vaguely remember a mention in the first episode but again I haven't seen it in awhile. Pretty much forgot as that was the only mention.

And "every" show doesn't have a token gay character.

The 100
Jane the Virgin
Gotham
Empire
Black Sails
True Detective
Agents of Shield
Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Hannibal
Under the Dome
The Following
Arrow
Chicago Fire
Saving Hope
Scandal
Hell on Wheels
Revenge
Shameless

Rainmaker
05-12-2016, 07:46 PM
What? Kabbalistic cult?

Uh yep. and Indoctrination of children to support the homosexual agenda is one of their major objectives.

Anyone can be a social deviant misfit

This much is True. But, they do tend to have narcissistic personality disorders and display sociopathic traits in much higher numbers than the rest of the normal population.

sparks82
05-12-2016, 07:48 PM
Uh yep. and Indoctrination of children to support the homosexual agenda is one of their major objectives.

This much is True. But, they do tend to have narcissistic personality disorders and display sociopathic traits in much higher numbers than the rest of the normal population.

Are you trolling right now? That's not even true. At all.

garhkal
05-12-2016, 07:59 PM

I saw this over on GOPUSA, so i didn't comment on it till someone else brought it up.
Sorry but to me this is a flat out load of Bull.. Stop going after kids! That's all this effort is.
And imo if Disney Does cave in, i hope they go under as all the families who normally buy their products desert them like rats on a sinking ship.

My sentiments exactly SJ. But the LGBTQ mafia can't let it go. To them they HAVE to have every facet of US life celebrating their lifestyle, and if they don't SUE or use social media to pressure them until they DO.

Don't worry...there's plenty of homos for people to watch on TV now. Every show...every channel...all the time.

Too damn true. It almost seems like every show's writers before putting it to the corporate exes, have a check list "GAy character, check, Transgendered, Check. Doufus male, check. Dumb blond, Check. Powerful female figure, check".. And so on.
That's why practically ALL of the comedies on tv these days i stay clear of.

You sure of that??
Here's a list from GLADD itself!
Leading characters - Broadcast

Grey's Anatomy - Callie Torres - Bisexual
Happy endings - Max blum, Gay
Modern family - Mitchell pritchett, Gay
Modern family - Caneron tucker, Gay
Smash - Tom, Gay

Supporting characters - Broadcast
90210 - Adrianna tate duncan, Bi
Allen Gregory - Jeremy and Richard, both gay
American dad - Rodger, Bi
Bones, Angela montenegro, Bi
Glee MANY!
Good wife - Kalinda, Bi
Grey's anatomy - Arizona robbins, Lesbian

Recurring characters - broadcast
2 more gays on American dad, 2 gays in Desperate housewives, one Gay and one Bi in the Good Wife, 1 lesbian in Rules of engagement, 1 gay in Revenge.

That's just Broadcast networks. 33 total gay/bi/lesbian characters (and even the Simpsons is not immune!!)

..snip..

Looks like we both were hot on the list for Sparks!
Now hitting cable we get
5 shows with leading characters who are gay/bi/lesbian
22 characters who are supporting
and a further 22 who are recurring...

Quite a laundry list imo.

I hope they also received a LOT of on the spot cancellations! And bad publicity!

Are you trolling right now? That's not even true. At all.

Sparks. If pushing it onto kids is NOT part of their agenda, why then push to have MORE preschools/kindergardens read books like the "prince and the prince", or push to get more gay characters into KIDS cartoons???

Rainmaker
05-12-2016, 08:22 PM
That's not even true. At all.

Yes it is.

Normal for you isn't the same as normal for someone else.

Normal is defined as "the usual, average, or typical state or condition."

So, no matter how much you insist that Homosexual behavior is normal behavior and no matter how much you demand that the rest of the society accepts it as so. It's not normal. It can't be because, If it was then we wouldn't even need to have the conversation in the first place.

garhkal
05-13-2016, 06:14 AM

So, no matter how much you insist that Homosexual behavior is normal behavior and no matter how much you demand that the rest of the society accepts it as so. It's not normal. It can't be because, If it was then we wouldn't even need to have the conversation in the first place.

Very true rainmaker. Its like with scientists running experiments. They always start with a baseline and take Known normal constants.. If they were 'normal just for whom felt it', then they wouldn't work..

sparks82
05-13-2016, 05:22 PM
I saw this over on GOPUSA, so i didn't comment on it till someone else brought it up.
Sorry but to me this is a flat out load of Bull.. Stop going after kids! That's all this effort is.
And imo if Disney Does cave in, i hope they go under as all the families who normally buy their products desert them like rats on a sinking ship.

My sentiments exactly SJ. But the LGBTQ mafia can't let it go. To them they HAVE to have every facet of US life celebrating their lifestyle, and if they don't SUE or use social media to pressure them until they DO.

Too damn true. It almost seems like every show's writers before putting it to the corporate exes, have a check list "GAy character, check, Transgendered, Check. Doufus male, check. Dumb blond, Check. Powerful female figure, check".. And so on.
That's why practically ALL of the comedies on tv these days i stay clear of.

You sure of that??
Here's a list from GLADD itself!
Leading characters - Broadcast

Grey's Anatomy - Callie Torres - Bisexual
Happy endings - Max blum, Gay
Modern family - Mitchell pritchett, Gay
Modern family - Caneron tucker, Gay
Smash - Tom, Gay

Supporting characters - Broadcast
90210 - Adrianna tate duncan, Bi
Allen Gregory - Jeremy and Richard, both gay
American dad - Rodger, Bi
Bones, Angela montenegro, Bi
Glee MANY!
Good wife - Kalinda, Bi
Grey's anatomy - Arizona robbins, Lesbian

Recurring characters - broadcast
2 more gays on American dad, 2 gays in Desperate housewives, one Gay and one Bi in the Good Wife, 1 lesbian in Rules of engagement, 1 gay in Revenge.

That's just Broadcast networks. 33 total gay/bi/lesbian characters (and even the Simpsons is not immune!!)

Looks like we both were hot on the list for Sparks!
Now hitting cable we get
5 shows with leading characters who are gay/bi/lesbian
22 characters who are supporting
and a further 22 who are recurring...

Quite a laundry list imo.

I hope they also received a LOT of on the spot cancellations! And bad publicity!

Sparks. If pushing it onto kids is NOT part of their agenda, why then push to have MORE preschools/kindergardens read books like the "prince and the prince", or push to get more gay characters into KIDS cartoons???

Out of EVERY show, you have five with leading characters who are gay or bi. That is a lot more than their used to be but that is still not "every" show or "every" movie. How many mainstream movies out there have gay leading characters? The fact you have more supporting or recurring characters than lead characters who are gay shows something.

What's wrong with kindergartners reading that book? Or seeing gay characters? They see them at school and in their lives. They see other kids with gay parents or might have gay parents themselves. Kids don't give a shit who is gay or who isn't until their parents instill bigotry and ignorance into them.

sparks82
05-13-2016, 05:23 PM
Yes it is.

So when did you choose to be heterosexual? Also different cultures have things that are normal in their culture and not in another. If you go to another country they might have traditions that you don't view as normal but they very much do.

sandsjames
05-13-2016, 05:29 PM
So when did you choose to be heterosexual? No...you ARE heterosexual...you choose to be gay.

Rusty Jones
05-13-2016, 05:32 PM
So when did you choose to be heterosexual? Also different cultures have things that are normal in their culture and not in another. If you go to another country they might have traditions that you don't view as normal but they very much do.

We're all presumed to be heterosexual until otherwise discovered.

sparks82
05-13-2016, 06:11 PM
No...you ARE heterosexual...you choose to be gay.

No one doesn't. My brother didn't choose to be gay. The choice he made was to hide it until he turned 19. That was the only choice he made which was actually forced upon him due to society. Any other gay people I know didn't "choose" to be gay. That's just how they are. Moving on.

sandsjames
05-13-2016, 06:17 PM
No one doesn't. My brother didn't choose to be gay. The choice he made was to hide it until he turned 19. That was the only choice he made which was actually forced upon him due to society. Any other gay people I know didn't "choose" to be gay. That's just how they are. Moving on.

Right, and many pedophiles are born with an attraction to young kids, so it's normal and no big deal. Pedophiles shouldn't be treated different than anyone else because it's not a choice.

sparks82
05-13-2016, 06:23 PM
Right, and many pedophiles are born with an attraction to young kids, so it's normal and no big deal. Pedophiles shouldn't be treated different than anyone else because it's not a choice.

Saw that argument coming...like I said moving on. I'm not getting into this endless debate.

sandsjames
05-13-2016, 06:26 PM
Saw that argument coming...like I said moving on. I'm not getting into this endless debate.

Fair enough...that's what people do when they can't counter an obvious point...they "move on". But the fact is that you can't answer a simple question...if a person cannot choose who they are attracted to then why should a pedophile be blamed for being attracted to children?

sparks82
05-13-2016, 06:37 PM
Fair enough...that's what people do when they can't counter an obvious point...they "move on". But the fact is that you can't answer a simple question...if a person cannot choose who they are attracted to then why should a pedophile be blamed for being attracted to children?

No I have had this debate many times over and it gets old.

sandsjames
05-13-2016, 06:42 PM
No I have had this debate many times over and it gets old.

I know...you've had this debate many times, you can find no logical response to refute the comparison, so you smartly choose not to take part.

sparks82
05-13-2016, 06:43 PM
I know...you've had this debate many times, you can find no logical response to refute the comparison, so you smartly choose not to take part.

Nice try. Not biting. I have refuted it logically but it's old and tired. Like the abortion or religion debates.

sandsjames
05-13-2016, 06:46 PM
Nice try. Not biting. I have refuted it logically but it's old and tired. Like the abortion or religion debates.

So you don't want to talk about controversial stuff then, is what you're saying. What are you here for? There are plenty of sites where everyone will agree with you.

sparks82
05-13-2016, 06:47 PM
So you don't want to talk about controversial stuff then, is what you're saying. What are you here for? There are plenty of sites where everyone will agree with you.

Obviously I do talk about controversial stuff quite often. I just don't feel like going into this one. So why do you care if I don't want to? There are plenty of other people you can find to argue with. Well...maybe not on here.

sandsjames
05-13-2016, 07:01 PM
Obviously I do talk about controversial stuff quite often. I just don't feel like going into this one. So why do you care if I don't want to? There are plenty of other people you can find to argue with. Well...maybe not on here.

That's where you're wrong. Not tooting my own horn, but I'm one of only a couple on here who can actually have agreements and disagreements with the same people. More disagreements than agreements. Rusty and I agree on almost nothing (except our feelings on gender roles) and Rainmaker and I agree on even less...of course that means the Garkhal and I agree on very little because he and RM agree on almost everything. There are two people on here who I almost never agree with anything on and that's MikeKerriiiiiiii and you. You probably think I'm misogynistic but I'm nowhere near the retired navy dude when it comes to feeling about women.

I try not to have conversations with people who agree with me because that's pretty lame and progress is never made. If everything is rosy then why try to improve it...?

Rusty Jones
05-13-2016, 07:13 PM
Getting back to the OP, my thoughts are this: if a child grows up to be gay, then it needs to be because they discovered homosexuality on their own.

But to present it to children as an option, as if to say "Hey kids, you can do THIS when you grow up too!"

No. Just no. Treat every child as if they're going to be heterosexual, then adjust later if they assert otherwise after hitting puberty.

garhkal
05-13-2016, 07:52 PM
Out of EVERY show, you have five with leading characters who are gay or bi. That is a lot more than their used to be but that is still not "every" show or "every" movie. How many mainstream movies out there have gay leading characters? The fact you have more supporting or recurring characters than lead characters who are gay shows something.

Sparks, its the fact it all adds up. Just from GLADD's own figures, we have almost 100 gay/lesbian/bi/trans characters out of around 80 shows. Now, how many shows do YOU watch on a regular basis? How many of those are in that 80 above??

What's wrong with kindergartners reading that book? Or seeing gay characters? They see them at school and in their lives. They see other kids with gay parents or might have gay parents themselves. Kids don't give a shit who is gay or who isn't until their parents instill bigotry and ignorance into them.

Cause to ME, its conditioning them that being Non-normal, is right/good. Indoctrinating them that its all ok to be that..

That's where you're wrong. Not tooting my own horn, but I'm one of only a couple on here who can actually have agreements and disagreements with the same people. More disagreements than agreements. Rusty and I agree on almost nothing (except our feelings on gender roles) and Rainmaker and I agree on even less...of course that means the Garkhal and I agree on very little because he and RM agree on almost everything. There are two people on here who I almost never agree with anything on and that's MikeKerriiiiiiii and you. You probably think I'm misogynistic but I'm nowhere near the retired navy dude when it comes to feeling about women.

Heck there was a time i almost put SJ on my 'blocked' list..

Getting back to the OP, my thoughts are this: if a child grows up to be gay, then it needs to be because they discovered homosexuality on their own.

But to present it to children as an option, as if to say "Hey kids, you can do THIS when you grow up too!"

No. Just no. Treat every child as if they're going to be heterosexual, then adjust later if they assert otherwise after hitting puberty.

Wow. I fully agree with rusty here!

Rainmaker
05-13-2016, 08:05 PM
So when did you choose to be heterosexual?

It wasn't necessary for me to choose, because I wasn't born genetically defective or didn't develop the mental disorder or whatever it is that causes one to become afflicted with one of these abnormal homosexual illnesses.

If you go to another country they might have traditions that you don't view as normal but they very much do.

We live in America and chicks with dicks sharing bathrooms with our daughters is not compatible with our traditional values.

However, raping little boys is acceptable behavior in some parts of the world. so maybe you should vote with your feet and move to one of the culturally rich paradises.

I'm sure you'll look very pretty in your Blue Burqa.

FuelShopTech1
05-13-2016, 10:53 PM

I don't blame them for having the attraction; however, I blame them for acting on it.

I don't blame homosexuals for acting on their attractions, providing it's between two legally consenting adult, because it doesn't harm anyone.

sandsjames
05-13-2016, 11:24 PM
I don't blame them for having the attraction; however, I blame them for acting on it.

I don't blame homosexuals for acting on their attractions, providing it's between two legally consenting adult, because it doesn't harm anyone.

So your only issue is consent? Interesting.

FuelShopTech1
05-14-2016, 07:54 PM
So your only issue is consent? Interesting.

Pretty much.

What other issues should I concern myself with?

sandsjames
05-14-2016, 08:51 PM
Pretty much.

What other issues should I concern myself with?

If the law said 14 was the legal age of consent you'd be good with that? Or are we stuck with some arbitrary age for consent?

Where is the line drawn? Who's moral compass do we use to determine what's old enough? People are physically able to have sex as early as age 10 or 11. Some countries allow it at a very young age. You're ok with that?

I'd bet not. I bet you have your own set of morals and values that you are unwilling to waver on. Well, guess what...so do the rest of us...and just because it's a different set of morals and values then yours doesn't mean that they are wrong.

FuelShopTech1
05-15-2016, 04:37 PM
If the law said 14 was the legal age of consent you'd be good with that? Or are we stuck with some arbitrary age for consent?

Where is the line drawn? Who's moral compass do we use to determine what's old enough? People are physically able to have sex as early as age 10 or 11. Some countries allow it at a very young age. You're ok with that?

I'd bet not. I bet you have your own set of morals and values that you are unwilling to waver on. Well, guess what...so do the rest of us...and just because it's a different set of morals and values then yours doesn't mean that they are wrong.

The age of consent IS arbitrary.

And I never said your morals and values were "wrong." If you wish to believe that homosexuality is wrong, fine, but you've not presented a case of why I, or anyone else, should agree with you or adjust our views to match yours. You've given me no reason to believe MY morals and values are "wrong."

If you don't like gays, then don't sleep with men, but having to put up with people who are gay is one of the consequences of living in a free society.

sandsjames
05-15-2016, 04:58 PM
If you don't like gays, then don't sleep with men, but having to put up with people who are gay is one of the consequences of living in a free society.

My response to this is the same response people give to religion. I don't care if people are gay...I just don't want to be forced to live around the lifestyle...and be honest...everyone is forced to be around the lifestyle since it's focused on so much in every aspect of politics and entertainment. And now I'll be forced to be around it in a bathroom.

Thankfully, Texas, and several other states, are coming out and saying the the federal government can go fuck themselves and keep their precious funding because they aren't going to be blackmailed into complying with the bullshit.

garhkal
05-15-2016, 06:43 PM

Also, why have separate Ages of consent. WHy not make ALL 'age required' stuff be the same, rather than have voting one age, drinking another age, driving another age and so on.

sparks82
05-16-2016, 02:58 PM
It wasn't necessary for me to choose, because I wasn't born genetically defective or didn't develop the mental disorder or whatever it is that causes one to become afflicted with one of these abnormal homosexual illnesses.

We live in America and chicks with dicks sharing bathrooms with our daughters is not compatible with our traditional values.

However, raping little boys is acceptable behavior in some parts of the world. so maybe you should vote with your feet and move to one of the culturally rich paradises.

I'm sure you'll look very pretty in your Blue Burqa.

Are you sure you don't have a mental disorder - or is just undiagnosed? I know for a fact my brother does not have a mental disorder of any type. Him being gay is not a mental disorder but to each his or her own.

"Traditional" values? Oh you mean the traditional values that allowed slavery to last as long as it did, hold back women and other minorities as long as they did and even held back poor white men as long as they did?

Why would I move to another country? When did I ever say it was okay for anyone to rape children or rape period? I didn't say that because it's not okay to rape anyone. Are you inferring that homosexuals are pedophiles? Two very different types of people. I guarantee you any homosexual male or female I know has not raped a child. They prefer adults because they aren't pedophiles. How very ignorant of you to try to correlate the two but it doesn't surprise me at all based on your other comments.

I simply said that there are other cultures where something is normal to them and not normal to us. FFS if you would travel back in time to the time of the Founders you would find that things they did that are normal to them aren't normal to us even.

I'd prefer not to live in a time of "traditional" values ever again. I enjoy my freedoms that many women and men before me have fought and died for me to have. I'd rather not have my freedom limited solely because I have a vagina.

sparks82
05-16-2016, 03:05 PM

Well most states the age of consent is 16...and pedophilia consists of individuals with a primary or exclusive sexual interest in prepubescent children aged 13 or younger. So even if the age of consent was 14 and an adult slept with a child at 14, that person is by definition not a pedophile. Just saying. It's still pretty gross when adults have sex with teenagers.

Oh and in New Hampshire with parental consent a 13 year old female can get married and a 14 year old male can get married. Many states the minimum is 15 with parental consent for marriage.

"and just because it's a different set of morals and values then yours doesn't mean that they are wrong" Are you willing to stick by that? Because you're saying in this quote that if another culture's set of morals allows children to be married and have sex than by your quote that doesn't make it wrong just because it differs from your morals.

sparks82
05-16-2016, 03:09 PM
Also, why have separate Ages of consent. WHy not make ALL 'age required' stuff be the same, rather than have voting one age, drinking another age, driving another age and so on.

Ask the state legislatures about that. They determine all those ages of consent.

Rainmaker
05-16-2016, 03:28 PM
Are you sure you don't have a mental disorder - or is just undiagnosed?
Yes I'm sure that I don't have a mental disorder.

I know for a fact my brother does not have a mental disorder of any type. Him being gay is not a mental disorder but to each his or her own.

Then do you believe that he was born genetically defective or was the cause of his abnormality environmental?

sandsjames
05-16-2016, 03:50 PM
Are you willing to stick by that? Because you're saying in this quote that if another culture's set of morals allows children to be married and have sex than by your quote that doesn't make it wrong just because it differs from your morals.

No...I am actually arguing the opposite. What I'm saying is that there has always been a standard set of accepted morals that were important to this country. All of the sudden, we're now expected to dismiss those morals or be labeled homophobes. My point is that I shouldn't be asked to be acceptant of anyone else's lifestyle unless everyone else is going to be acceptant of my views and, as we both know, my views, the common view, the standard and widely held view, is labeled as bigotry and phobia.

sandsjames
05-16-2016, 03:58 PM
hold back women and other minorities You realize women are 51%, right? Not a minority.

I'd prefer not to live in a time of "traditional" values ever again. I enjoy my freedoms that many women and men before me have fought and died for me to have. I'd rather not have my freedom limited solely because I have a vagina.Don't worry, you'll never have to live in that time again. You now live in a time where if you feel you're not getting treated fairly based on your genitals then you can have those genitals changed.

You live in a time where any man can call himself a woman which, frankly, I'm surprised doesn't offend women. How can you be ok with that? Some dude, who has no idea what a woman goes through, all the sudden says he/she understands what it's like for you to be you?

It's like a white guy saying that he understands what it's like to be black. The difference being that blacks don't put up with that shit but women...sure...they're more than happy to accept some no-estrogen, non-child bearing deviant as one of their own. You must be very proud.

Rusty Jones
05-16-2016, 04:01 PM
No...I am actually arguing the opposite. What I'm saying is that there has always been a standard set of accepted morals that were important to this country. All of the sudden, we're now expected to dismiss those morals or be labeled homophobes. My point is that I shouldn't be asked to be acceptant of anyone else's lifestyle unless everyone else is going to be acceptant of my views and, as we both know, my views, the common view, the standard and widely held view, is labeled as bigotry and phobia.

Yeah, my views homosexuality are starting to change. I was big on gay rights and all that stuff, until the whole tranny thing kicked in and now the bathrooms and all that.

Not too long ago, I hated the concept of morals... but, then I'm beginning to realize that the world is pretty awkward and boring place when nothing is taboo.

It's like playing a game of chess, where any piece can do anything. Nobody would want to play that shit.

sandsjames
05-16-2016, 04:47 PM
Yeah, my views homosexuality are starting to change. I was big on gay rights and all that stuff, until the whole tranny thing kicked in and now the bathrooms and all that.

Not too long ago, I hated the concept of morals... but, then I'm beginning to realize that the world is pretty awkward and boring place when nothing is taboo.

It's like playing a game of chess, where any piece can do anything. Nobody would want to play that shit.

I think what annoys me the most about the tranny thing is that it seems to be extremely attention grabbing. Someone is going to dress up in costume, or surgically make themselves look like a freak, and go out in public and expect not to be looked at differently? It's the same with the flamers. If they'd just not be so freakin' loud and make themselves stick out so much with the obvious need for attention, then they'd be able to go out and be treated like everyone else.

It always reminds me of the way teenage girls acted at high school parties.

sparks82
05-16-2016, 07:28 PM
You realize women are 51%, right? Not a minority.

Don't worry, you'll never have to live in that time again. You now live in a time where if you feel you're not getting treated fairly based on your genitals then you can have those genitals changed.

You live in a time where any man can call himself a woman which, frankly, I'm surprised doesn't offend women. How can you be ok with that? Some dude, who has no idea what a woman goes through, all the sudden says he/she understands what it's like for you to be you?

It's like a white guy saying that he understands what it's like to be black. The difference being that blacks don't put up with that shit but women...sure...they're more than happy to accept some no-estrogen, non-child bearing deviant as one of their own. You must be very proud.

So you think child bearing defines a woman? You know there are a LOT of women who can't bear children right? There are women who never get their period. Who are infertile. Who never give birth. Who have had to have their uterus and ovaries removed before having a child. Yet they are still women somehow...odd huh?

There are women who have had to have their breasts removed - are they no longer women?

Why should I care if Jenner or any transgender woman wants to be a woman? They actually have estrogen as they being to take it to transition to being a woman. In fact, there are cisgender women who have to take estrogen at times. Are they not "real" women according to you?

Why are transgender people "deviants?" I'm sure there are some who are but there are cisgender people who are deviants as well.

You and Rainmaker can take your "traditional" values and go off on your own and start a little colony. Go ahead and join in with the cult in Utah or wherever that cult is where the head is in jail. I'm sure they feel their values are "traditional" too.

Just because there have been more women than men does not mean we have not been viewed as a minority. We were not treated as equals for quite some time. Also in the Army I am a minority.

Rusty Jones
05-16-2016, 07:30 PM
So you think child bearing defines a woman? You know there are a LOT of women who can't bear children right? There are women who never get their period. Who are infertile. Who never give birth. Who have had to have their uterus and ovaries removed before having a child. Yet they are still women somehow...odd huh?

There are women who have had to have their breasts removed - are they no longer women?

Why should I care if Jenner or any transgender woman wants to be a woman? They actually have estrogen as they being to take it to transition to being a woman. In fact, there are cisgender women who have to take estrogen at times. Are they not "real" women according to you?

Women lack a Y chromosome. The lack of a Y chromosome defines a woman.

sparks82
05-16-2016, 07:30 PM
Yes I'm sure that I don't have a mental disorder.

Then do you believe that he was born genetically defective or was the cause of his abnormality environmental?

I don't believe he is defective at all. Definitely not environmental. He was born in 79 - homosexuality was still pretty taboo during his childhood and mine. There wasn't much of that on TV or in movies. Definitely not in Midwest, rural, uber conservative town we grew up in either. If he had come out in high school he would've gotten strung on a fence post like Matthew Shepard.

He is not defective though because he is gay. My "to each his or her own" was to your opinion.

sparks82
05-16-2016, 07:32 PM
Women lack a Y chromosome. The lack of a Y chromosome defines a woman.

That's not what he said. So that's why I was asking him what his view on if those are "real" women or not.

sandsjames
05-16-2016, 07:40 PM

There are women who have had to have their breasts removed - are they no longer women? No, these are all examples of women. They were all born with vaginas.

Why should I care if Jenner or any transgender woman wants to be a woman? They actually have estrogen as they being to take it to transition to being a woman. In fact, there are cisgender women who have to take estrogen at times. Are they not "real" women according to you? Cisgender...such a cool, trendy name for normal. Amazing that we're at a point where we have to create a term to define the mainstream.

Why are transgender people "deviants?" Look up the definition.

You and Rainmaker can take your "traditional" values and go off on your own and start a little colony. Go ahead and join in with the cult in Utah or wherever that cult is where the head is in jail. I'm sure they feel their values are "traditional" too. No need to join any cults. The majority of the U.S. still have traditional values.

Just because there have been more women than men does not mean we have not been viewed as a minority. We were not treated as equals for quite some time. Also in the Army I am a minority.Ummmm....WTF??? The fact that there are more women then men is EXACTLY the reason you're not a minority. Holy shit...with stupid fucking statements like that you've lost complete credibility.

sparks82
05-16-2016, 07:43 PM
No, these are all examples of women. They were all born with vaginas.

Cisgender...such a cool, trendy name for normal. Amazing that we're at a point where we have to create a term to define the mainstream.

Look up the definition.

No need to join any cults. The majority of the U.S. still have traditional values.

Ummmm....WTF??? The fact that there are more women then men is EXACTLY the reason you're not a minority. Holy shit...with stupid fucking statements like that you've lost complete credibility.

Have we had majority rights when it comes to voting? Being elected to Congress? White males have been the majority in this country since it started - take that rich white males. That is what I'm talking about.

Oh and you have had quite a few "stupid fucking comments" yourself and you have zero credibility with me. No the majority of the US does not share your traditional values otherwise why would we need Trump or anyone to "make America great again?" Why do I see you and those likeminded to you constantly talk about how morally bankrupt the country is? If the majority of people think like you...

So for your to define a woman she has to have a vagina...so a transgender woman who has sex reassignment surgery is to you a woman? Because she has a vagina?

sandsjames
05-16-2016, 07:50 PM
Have we had majority rights when it comes to voting? Being elected to Congress? White males have been the majority in this country since it started - take that rich white males. That is what I'm talking about. You have had voting rights for a very long time, 96 freakin' years. You can run for Congress, just like anyone else can. You make up the MAJORITY of the country.

Oh and you have had quite a few "stupid fucking comments" yourself and you have zero credibility with me. No the majority of the US does not share your traditional values otherwise why would we need Trump or anyone to "make America great again?" Why do I see you and those likeminded to you constantly talk about how morally bankrupt the country is? If the majority of people think like you...Because, unfortunately, this country is ran by the vocal minority.

So for your to define a woman she has to have a vagina...so a transgender woman who has sex reassignment surgery is to you a woman? Because she has a vagina?Born with a vagina. Learn to read, please.

Rainmaker
05-16-2016, 08:37 PM
I don't believe he is defective at all. Definitely not environmental. He was born in 79 - homosexuality was still pretty taboo during his childhood and mine. There wasn't much of that on TV or in movies. Definitely not in Midwest, rural, uber conservative town we grew up in either. If he had come out in high school he would've gotten strung on a fence post like Matthew Shepard.

He is not defective though because he is gay.

Well if the cause of his being a queer is not genetic, physical, psychological or environmental, then he had to have chosen it.

So why should he get to be in a special .gov "protected class" just for having a sexual fetish?

garhkal
05-16-2016, 09:00 PM
Ask the state legislatures about that. They determine all those ages of consent.

I have. rarely have i ever gotten a coherent response.

For me, its more that initially, it seemed to start with just wanting people to tolerate it in Privacy (get out of my bedroom government!). Then morphed into just just tolerating it in private, but in public. Then morphed into not just tolerating it but celebrating it in public, and if you don't celebrate it, you're a homophobe.. and so on..
It just seems its never enough.

No, these are all examples of women. They were all born with vaginas.

I agree. Born XY, with a vagina and the potential to bare kids = Woman. Get snipped and tucked in = not woman! And just cause a woman gets her ovaries removed (cancer) doesn't mean she is no longer a woman...

Cisgender...such a cool, trendy name for normal. Amazing that we're at a point where we have to create a term to define the mainstream.

Heck on one of my gaming forums, if you just refer to yourself as a hetro male, Not Cicgendered male, you are slammed on for not using 'proper modern nomenclature'..

Ummmm....WTF??? The fact that there are more women then men is EXACTLY the reason you're not a minority. Holy shit...with stupid fucking statements like that you've lost complete credibility.

Exactly.. for example, if whites - 50.2%, that means they are a majority. If they were only 49.9214%, then they would be a minority..

Well if the cause of his being a queer is not genetic, physical, psychological or environmental, then he had to have chosen it.

So why should he get to be in a special .gov "protected class" just for having a sexual fetish?

That's an argument i keep making elsewhere. IF being gay/transgendered/bi (etc), is NOT mental, physical, psychological or environmental, then what IS it if not a choice..
And as such, if it IS just a choice, why should the majority be forced to not just accept your 'choice' but CELEBRATE it...
That's why i am fully against the LGBTQ movement.

Rainmaker
05-17-2016, 04:09 PM
initially, it seemed to start with just wanting people to tolerate it in Privacy (get out of my bedroom government!).
Then morphed into just tolerating it in private, but in public. Then morphed into not just tolerating it but celebrating it in public, and if you don't celebrate it, you're a homophobe.. and so on..

It just seems its never enough.

All by design. Which is why those "dinosaurs" that fought so hard against the Repeal of DADT did so.

Because, they knew that it just opened us up to this "Door in your face technique" insanity from the Leftists, who view the Military's primary purpose to be serving as a Social Engineering lab and really couldn't give two fucks about fielding a combat-capable force.

The whole thing is preposterous. But, it goes on because we have no opposition to this twisted and dangerous agenda and it's been really sad to watch the decline of the American Military play out exactly the way the cynical old bastards of our generation said it would.

sparks82
05-17-2016, 04:23 PM
All by design. Which is why those "dinosaurs" that fought so hard against the Repeal of DADT did so.

Because, they knew that it just opened us up to this "Door in your face technique" insanity from the Leftists, who view the Military's primary purpose to be serving as a Social Engineering lab and really couldn't give two fucks about fielding a combat-capable force.

The whole thing is preposterous. But, it goes on because we have no opposition to this twisted and dangerous agenda and it's been really sad to watch the decline of the American Military play out exactly the way the cynical old bastards of our generation said it would.

Since the repeal of DADT I have yet to see the apocalypse the "dinosaurs" warned of if it was repealed. Nothing happened after DADT repeal except that now homosexuals could be openly homosexual AND their spouses now get the same benefits that heterosexual spouses get. Their dependents now get the same benefits as every other servicemember's dependents got before that.

Please show me an example of how the repeal of DADT was "disastrous" or "destroyed military cohesion" or made the military less capable. The only thing causing problems to the military is putting the reigns on drill sergeants (in the Army) and not allowing NCOs to do our jobs.

Rainmaker
05-17-2016, 07:02 PM

Please show me an example of how the repeal of DADT was "disastrous" or "destroyed military cohesion" or made the military less capable. .

The main problem with repealing DADT was that it opened up the door to the current absurdity that we're now seeing.

The Military as an institution has been killed from the inside like a cancer. The damage to morale is hard to measure and is not being accurately portrayed in the media, because the military has now become a 'politically correct institution' (with Hundreds of Generals, Flag officers and Senior officials having been removed).

The historical recruiting base for actual combat forces is not the Rainbow Push Coalition of cross dressing, high heel wearing, progressive shock troops. It is overwhelmingly White, middle class, southern good old boys (with Hispanics are also being overrepresented in the USMC). We are running the risk of fracturing that relationship and make no mistake about it these good people "ain't gonna keep sending their boys to get killed for no queers".

Up until now, we've been able to sputter along since, pretty much all of the fighting has been done by SOF (against goat herder guerilla forces with no tech). But, cracks in the armor are starting to show. The Russians did more battle damage to ISIS in the first 10 days of their campaign than our "Coalition of the Willing" did in a year.

The USA has really become a joke Nationally & internationally. SOF recruits from the underlying services and can't be quickly mass produced, so if you weaken its underlying recruiting ground (as we've done), then ultimately we will be paying the terrible price in the first couple of weeks of a conventional war.

sparks82
05-17-2016, 07:22 PM
The main problem with repealing DADT was that it opened up the door to the current absurdity that we're now seeing.

The Military as an institution has been killed from the inside like a cancer. The damage to morale is hard to measure and is not being accurately portrayed in the media, because the military has now become a 'politically correct institution' (with Hundreds of Generals, Flag officers and Senior officials having been removed).

The historical recruiting base for actual combat forces is not the Rainbow Push Coalition of cross dressing, high heel wearing, progressive shock troops. It is overwhelmingly White, middle class, southern good old boys (with Hispanics are also being overrepresented in the USMC). We are running the risk of fracturing that relationship and make no mistake about it these good people "ain't gonna keep sending their boys to get killed for no queers".

Up until now, we've been able to sputter along since, pretty much all of the fighting has been done by SOF (against goat herder guerilla forces with no tech). But, cracks in the armor are starting to show. The Russians did more battle damage to ISIS in the first 10 days of their campaign than our "Coalition of the Willing" did in a year.

The USA has really become a joke Nationally & internationally. SOF recruits from the underlying services and can't be quickly mass produced, so if you weaken its underlying recruiting ground (as we've done), then ultimately we will be paying the terrible price in the first couple of weeks of a conventional war.

What absurdity did homosexuals cause? If you honestly think Russia did more damage to Daesh than us you're sorely mistaken. They weren't even targeting Daesh members. They were going after the 'rebels.'

Rainmaker
05-17-2016, 08:02 PM
What absurdity did homosexuals cause?

Several here were recruiters and I'm sure they can tell of potential recruits that had fulfilled every requirement for commissioning, appointment or enlistment being denied due to some relatively minor medical condition.

And now the Goldman Sachs "advisor" pretending to be a SECDEF goes in front of the AFA class of 2016, and announces that we're going to take in these mentally unstable gender benders and the services can just work out any "practical issues" later.

That's the epitome of absurdity.

If you honestly think Russia did more damage to Daesh than us you're sorely mistaken.

Yes they did and no I'm not mistaken.

They weren't even targeting Daesh members. They were going after the 'rebels.'

The Russians went after both. We should just get out of the Destabilizing Sovereign country business altogether and let Tel-Aviv do their own fighting for a change.

USN - Retired
05-18-2016, 07:25 AM
The historical recruiting base for actual combat forces is not the Rainbow Push Coalition of cross dressing, high heel wearing,... .

Are you sure about that???

http://www.redstate.com/uploads/2015/04/heels3.png

http://twt-thumbs.washtimes.com/media/image/2015/04/21/Temple_ROTC_s878x675.jpg?062b78bbca38dae4a54474e1c 4018edc73f6c531

garhkal
05-18-2016, 09:02 AM

Combined with that, anyone who Does try and speak out, gets slapped with EO penalties on their evals. So many people Don't speak out for fear of what reprisals they will get.

Rainmaker
05-18-2016, 04:35 PM
Are you sure about that???

http://www.redstate.com/uploads/2015/04/heels3.png

http://twt-thumbs.washtimes.com/media/image/2015/04/21/Temple_ROTC_s878x675.jpg?062b78bbca38dae4a54474e1c 4018edc73f6c531

That was an especially sickening low point in this Continuing National nightmare.

My son was getting ready to commission thru an Army ROTC program at the time. I actually sent an email to the Commanding General of the Army Cadet Command, telling her that as both a parent and a veteran it was particularly disturbing and asking her if anyone was going to be reprimanded for encouraging those male cadets to Publically disgrace and humiliate themselves and the Army by marching around the Temple University Campus in ACU's while wearing women's pumps. I Never received a response.

sparks82
05-18-2016, 04:44 PM
Several here were recruiters and I'm sure they can tell of potential recruits that had fulfilled every requirement for commissioning, appointment or enlistment being denied due to some relatively minor medical condition.

And now the Goldman Sachs "advisor" pretending to be a SECDEF goes in front of the AFA class of 2016, and announces that we're going to take in these mentally unstable gender benders and the services can just work out any "practical issues" later.

That's the epitome of absurdity.

Yes they did and no I'm not mistaken.

The Russians went after both. We should just get out of the Destabilizing Sovereign country business altogether and let Tel-Aviv do their own fighting for a change.

What are you talking about? You still didn't say what absurdity homosexuals caused. Then are you talking about transgender people? Two different groups of people homosexuals and transgender people. I have no idea what your absurd comment is stating.

You are mistaken about Russia. Very much so.

sparks82
05-18-2016, 04:45 PM
Combined with that, anyone who Does try and speak out, gets slapped with EO penalties on their evals. So many people Don't speak out for fear of what reprisals they will get.

Speak out about what?

sparks82
05-18-2016, 04:46 PM
That was an especially sickening low point in this Continuing National nightmare.

My son was getting ready to commission thru the Army ROTC program at the time. I actually sent an email to the Commanding General of the Army Cadet Command, telling her that as both a parent and a veteran it was particularly disturbing and asking if anyone was going to be reprimanded for encouraging those male cadets to Publically discrace and humiliate themselves and the Army by marching around in the Temple University Campus in ACU's while wearing women's pumps. I Never received a response.

I believe that was a choice to do that walk. But I think these walks are stupid. "In her shoes?" Men get sexually assaulted and raped too. So having people walk in high heels is a stupid way to bring awareness. Also considering not all women wear high heels - they're uncomfortable and impractical.

If we want to have walks to raise awareness for things, just do a regular 5K or 10K walk/run. We don't need this especially for sexual assault awareness/prevention because it's not just women who are victims.

Rainmaker
05-18-2016, 05:08 PM
Two different groups of people homosexuals and transgender people.

Don't care. If they want to self-identify together in the same lobbying and victim's rights groups (LGBTQXYZ agenda or whatever the hell it is that they're calling themselves this week), then they're all going to be lumped in together by the rest of us.

Rusty Jones
05-18-2016, 05:22 PM
Have you SEEN all of the prefixes attached to the word "sexual" that's used in the LGBTQ community these days? On facebook, some dude called me out for referring to someone as "bisexual," insisting that I should have used some other term that no one outside the LGBTQ community had ever heard of. Yeah... fuck that.

Rainmaker
05-18-2016, 05:55 PM
Have you SEEN all of the prefixes attached to the word "sexual" that's used in the LGBTQ community these days? On facebook, some dude called me out for referring to someone as "bisexual," insisting that I should have used some other term that no one outside the LGBTQ community had ever heard of. Yeah... fuck that.

I'm not surprised because most of them are mental cases & suffer from pathological narcissism.

http://www.halcyon.com/jmashmun/npd/dsm-iv.html

pathological narcissism manifests itself in a constant need for attention, admiration and a grandiose sense of self importance.

That's why If you try to just ignore them, then they'll often become enraged and resort to all kinds of disgusting behavior to try and manipulate you into continuing to give them constant attention.

The crux of the problem is that there can never be enough attention paid to these Drama queens to satisfy their need to make a Federal case of their dysfunction and that's why it continues on and on and on.

garhkal
05-18-2016, 06:13 PM

My son was getting ready to commission thru the Army ROTC program at the time. I actually sent an email to the Commanding General of the Army Cadet Command, telling her that as both a parent and a veteran it was particularly disturbing and asking if anyone was going to be reprimanded for encouraging those male cadets to Publically disgrace and humiliate themselves and the Army by marching around in the Temple University Campus in ACU's while wearing women's pumps. I Never received a response.

Cause imo more than likely it Was the upper chain of command who encouraged them to do so... just "to show they feel woman's pains"..

Speak out about what?

Speak out about issues that DID arise, or obvious discrimination they HAVE seen in relation to gays getting preferential treatment...

I believe that was a choice to do that walk. But I think these walks are stupid. "In her shoes?" Men get sexually assaulted and raped too. So having people walk in high heels is a stupid way to bring awareness. Also considering not all women wear high heels - they're uncomfortable and impractical.

Have you ever been volunteered (Or as we in the navy say, voluntold) by your command for a function? Or been told "Participation is voluntary, but we 'expect everyone there' meaning its effectively required but we just can't say that"??
That's imo what he was on about..

But I think these walks are stupid. "In her shoes?" Men get sexually assaulted and raped too. So having people walk in high heels is a stupid way to bring awareness. Also considering not all women wear high heels - they're uncomfortable and impractical.

Now this i agree with. WE see women's shelters, women's advocates etc. BUT you raise the issue, that men are also victims, you often get laughed down/ignored.

If we want to have walks to raise awareness for things,

My issue, is exactly HOW can they say there is not awareness out there? Especially since a lot of those walks are for breast cancer, one of the MOST pushed in the face cancers.

Heck iirc a few months back on that, i saw a UK newspaper which posted an article (supposedly to my recollection) where the list of "letters" is up to 17!
On Yahoo answers i get the following in relation to asking that question..

Lesbian, Gay, Gender queer, Gender fluid, Genderless, Gynesexual, Bisexual, Bigender, Transexual, Transgender, Transvestite, Two-Spirited, Transitioning, Queer, Questioning, Intersex, Asexual, Agender, Androgenous, Androsexual, Pansexual, Pangender, Omnisexual, Omnigender, Demi sexual, Straight, Skoliosexual, Cisgender, Third-Gender

That's a hell of a lot of names for the same damn thing..

sparks82
05-18-2016, 06:34 PM
Cause imo more than likely it Was the upper chain of command who encouraged them to do so... just "to show they feel woman's pains"..

Speak out about issues that DID arise, or obvious discrimination they HAVE seen in relation to gays getting preferential treatment...

What preferential treatment have homosexuals gotten since the repeal? I haven't seen any. The only issues anyone talked about before the repeal were bathrooms, showers and their just ignorance of homosexuality.

Have you ever been volunteered (Or as we in the navy say, voluntold) by your command for a function? Or been told "Participation is voluntary, but we 'expect everyone there' meaning its effectively required but we just can't say that"??
That's imo what he was on about..

Yes we get voluntold in the Army. That's not what voluntold is for us. It's "hey this is a volunteer thing but we need 20 people...each section or company has to come up with xx number." If someone tells me participation is voluntary I don't go.

Now this i agree with. WE see women's shelters, women's advocates etc. BUT you raise the issue, that men are also victims, you often get laughed down/ignored.

As I said in another thread if I had the money I would open up shelters for men or for men and women. I know that there are homeless shelters that are separated with a women and men's dorm. They could do that with abuse shelters too.

My issue, is exactly HOW can they say there is not awareness out there? Especially since a lot of those walks are for breast cancer, one of the MOST pushed in the face cancers.

Not awareness for which cause? There's a lot of awareness walks for cancer and stuff - not so much focus on sexual assault.

Heck iirc a few months back on that, i saw a UK newspaper which posted an article (supposedly to my recollection) where the list of "letters" is up to 17!
On Yahoo answers i get the following in relation to asking that question..

That's a hell of a lot of names for the same damn thing..

I hope I got this multi-quote to work but I am not sure I did. Nope sure didn't.

garhkal
05-19-2016, 08:16 AM
I hope I got this multi-quote to work but I am not sure I did. Nope sure didn't.

Nope.. it was all quoted in the one large blob.

What you need to do is separate them..
How i do it is cut n paste the name line (from bracket to bracket) of the initial post, then paste it as many times as needed. Then each line/paragraph of stuff i wanna use to quote i put by that name line.. Then end quote it..

sort of

like this

What preferential treatment have homosexuals gotten since the repeal? I haven't seen any. The only issues anyone talked about before the repeal were bathrooms, showers and their just ignorance of homosexuality.

Gay pride parades, companies sponsoring gay celebration events.. I've never known someone who has held a hetro pride event, or a township holding a straight pride parade..

Yes we get voluntold in the Army. That's not what voluntold is for us. It's "hey this is a volunteer thing but we need 20 people...each section or company has to come up with xx number." If someone tells me participation is voluntary I don't go.

It is what i see as being voluntold. And when you do get ranked down on evals for not showing up at those 'highly suggested' events, it winds up imo being turned INTO required.

As I said in another thread if I had the money I would open up shelters for men or for men and women. I know that there are homeless shelters that are separated with a women and men's dorm. They could do that with abuse shelters too.

And i am fully down with that..

Not awareness for which cause? There's a lot of awareness walks for cancer and stuff - not so much focus on sexual assault.

Which cancer? I see dozens upon dozens for breast cancer. The occasional one for heart cancer/heart conditions period, maybe one a year for colon cancer, lots for cervical and ovarian cancers, several for lukemia, even a few for melonoma.. I have so far in the past decade seen MAYBE 3 total TV adverts for Testicular cancer. Don't remember seeing any for brain cancer, blood cancer, and several others...

But i give you the fact there is not that many walks and such for sexual assault...