PDA

View Full Version : The Whole "Safe Space" Thing...

Rusty Jones
05-11-2016, 03:47 PM
Okay, I want to know why it's so controversial and why people hate it or make fun of it so much.

So... people want to be in group of similar people where they feel understood and accepted. Why does that bother other people? Are people pissed because they want to follow these people around and antagonize them, and safe spaces prevent them from doing so?

What's the deal?

sandsjames
05-11-2016, 03:57 PM
Okay, I want to know why it's so controversial and why people hate it or make fun of it so much.

So... people want to be in group of similar people where they feel understood and accepted. Why does that bother other people? Are people pissed because they want to follow these people around and antagonize them, and safe spaces prevent them from doing so?

What's the deal?

I think the biggest deal with it is how gay it sounds. It sounds like it's something that comes from a therapist.

Other than that, I don't know. I like being in my "safe space" which is my home, away from idiots who annoy me. Though I'd never refer to it as a "safe space" cuz it sounds goofy.

Rainmaker
05-11-2016, 04:21 PM
What's the deal?

First of all. I think by falsely and constantly accusing other people of "racism", "sexism" or "homophobia" or "transgeder-phobia" (or whatever made up BS victim class the agitators can come up with next), these crybabies are creating Hatred In a lot of people's heart that probably wasn't even there to begin with.

Secondly, As far as I know, this stupidity is still contained to Colleges, which get virtually all of their money from the public (either through obscene tuition payments or taxpayer backed loans) and that's the other issue. Why should the rest of us be paying for these useful idiots to be used in some naked power grab by Anti-American parasites in Academia and Government?

Lastly, They're disgusting pussies and therefore impossible to respect. Everything they stand for goes against the Historical American Spirit of Rugged individualism and Self Reliance.

These guys are a bunch of repugnant clowns and deserve to be mercilessly lampooned, publically shamed and if necessary hounded to the ends of the Earth. Because, if this stupid shit is allowed to take root. it could pose a real and present danger to the moral fabric of the Republic.

Rusty Jones
05-11-2016, 04:40 PM
First of all. I think by falsely and constantly accusing other people of "racism", "sexism" or "homophobia" or "transgeder-phobia" (or whatever made up BS victim class the agitators can come up with next), these crybabies are creating Hatred In a lot of people's heart that probably wasn't even there to begin with.

Secondly, As far as I know, this stupidity is still contained to Colleges, which get virtually all of their money from the public (either through obscene tuition payments or taxpayer backed loans) and that's the other issue. Why should the rest of us be paying for these useful idiots to be used in some naked power grab by Anti-American parasites in Academia and Government?

Lastly, They're disgusting pussies and therefore impossible to respect. Everything they stand for goes against the Historical American Spirit of Rugged individualism and Self Reliance.

These guys are a bunch of repugnant clowns and deserve to be mercilessly lampooned, publically shamed and if necessary hounded to the ends of the Earth. Because, if this stupid shit is allowed to take root. it could pose a real and present danger to the moral fabric of the Republic.

So... the reason you hate safe spaces is because it keeps you from antagonizing them? That's what you're saying?

Mjölnir
05-11-2016, 04:49 PM
My personal stance on safe spaces is mostly based on, as Rainmaker points out that these tend to be found/established on university campuses. Higher education is based on the sharing of ideas, the challenge of one's own personal beliefs and the developing of the ability to intelligently and critically defend one's own position/platform/thoughts ... a safe does not allow for this.

The breakdown of civil debate is part of the problem, the inability to be able to challenge a point of view without being labeled a racist, a feminist, a fascist, a homosexual sympathizer or a homophobe etc. fosters people to feel like they must have a 'challenge' free zone to promote their own thoughts/agendas. We have lost the ability to disagree without being disagreeable.

Long term, I think safe spaces will develop individuals who are the least 'tolerant' of anyone, because they will not have learned how to be tolerant to those who oppose them (are we already there?) and instead create a self-reinforced aura of being right (whether they are right or wrong) because they refuse to hear the other side.

Mjölnir
05-11-2016, 04:49 PM
My personal stance on safe spaces is mostly based on, as Rainmaker points out that these tend to be found/established on university campuses. Higher education is based on the sharing of ideas, the challenge of one's own personal beliefs and the developing of the ability to intelligently and critically defend one's own position/platform/thoughts ... a safe does not allow for this.

The breakdown of civil debate is part of the problem, the inability to be able to challenge a point of view without being labeled a racist, a feminist, a fascist, a homosexual sympathizer or a homophobe etc. fosters people to feel like they must have a 'challenge' free zone to promote their own thoughts/agendas. We have lost the ability to disagree without being disagreeable.

Long term, I think safe spaces will develop individuals who are the least 'tolerant' of anyone, because they will not have learned how to be tolerant to those who oppose them (are we already there?) and instead create a self-reinforced aura of being right (whether they are right or wrong) because they refuse to hear the other side.

Rainmaker
05-11-2016, 04:56 PM
So... the reason you hate safe spaces is because it keeps you from antagonizing them? That's what you're saying?

No need for you to try and change my words in an obvious attempt to deceive. I'll save you the Trouble. Yes, I hate them. And yes I said They deserve to be antagonized.

But, I clearly stated The reasons Why I hate them...which are that they are Anti-American, biting the hand that feeds them to benefit some parasites and they're creating hatred in people's hearts where there may have been none to begin with, and they pose a danger to the Republic.

Rusty Jones
05-11-2016, 05:04 PM

Okay, so... if they don't want to be around people who disagree with them... then what's it you or anyone else? If you had your way, would you snatch them out of their safe space and bring them back around you?

Mjölnir
05-11-2016, 05:12 PM
Okay, so... if they don't want to be around people who disagree with them... then what's it you or anyone else?

To me personally? Nothing. In the big picture of what higher education is supposed to be, I think it is a disservice to them. IMO, this is something that is more needed in junior high school and high school where the goal is to teach to a basic level. Beyond high school, as an adult ... if an adult cannot bear to hear an opposing view they are not really an adult (exceptions made of course for violent opposition etc.) It is an intellectual coddling that I think is harming Us (the big 'Us') in the long term. I don't only say this of progressive safe spaces but I see the same mentality in conservatives who are unable to hear an opposing view without erupting into a shouting match.

If you had your way, would you snatch them out of their safe space and bring them back around you?

Physically remove them and force them to hear me? No. I think the problem lies when a safe space is established at a University (where we are supposed to be learning, challenging thought processes/preconceived notions and civil disagreement/debate). A safe space, whether conservative in nature or progressive has the (unintended?) effect of hindering intellectual growth.

Rusty Jones has said before somewhere that he is outnumbered on MTF by those with a more conservative viewpoint ... I don't disagree. I think you said somewhere that you come here for the debate (sometimes a shouting match) and while I don't always agree with your opinion or point, I think you do a very good job of defending your critical points. I don't think you learned that by not being challenged. I think we need more people like you (and conservative people like you), and less people that can't handle being disagreed with.

Rainmaker
05-11-2016, 05:57 PM
Okay, so... if they don't want to be around people who disagree with them... then what's it you or anyone else? If you had your way, would you snatch them out of their safe space and bring them back around you?

Okay, so...Blacks commit violent crimes at a rate that's grossly disproportionate to their numbers in the total population. Many of them even hate White people for the color of their skin (way they were born).

If I disagree with them and it makes me uncomfortable just being around them, and if I don't want to be around them, is it then correct for me to DEMAND that the government allows and provides me with "a safe space" where I don't have to be bothered (i.e."triggered") by seeing them?

USN - Retired
05-11-2016, 05:59 PM

What's the deal?

Would it be wrong to establish a "safe space" for white conservatives?

Rainmaker
05-11-2016, 06:05 PM

What Do you mean? like on a golf course or something?

garhkal
05-11-2016, 06:06 PM

What's the deal?

For me its 2 main reasons.
1) Most o those clambering FOR safe spaces are also those accusing others of being intolerant, cause they don't want to accept in OTHER people into their groups/call for more diversity, but yet these people don't want ANYONE in that is not exactly like they are. Hypocritical.
2) you won't GET safe spots in the real world, especially at work. So all this is doing is setting them up to fail, cause they won't ever learn HOW to deal with rejection, different opinions etc.

My personal stance on safe spaces is mostly based on, as @Rainmaker points out that these tend to be found/established on university campuses. Higher education is based on the sharing of ideas, the challenge of one's own personal beliefs and the developing of the ability to intelligently and critically defend one's own position/platform/thoughts ... a safe does not allow for this.

That is a large part of my #1 issue i listed above. Those often Calling for safe spots, throw a hissy and protest like crazy, when anyone else has anything remotely close to 'segregation' of view points etc..

Rusty. Its just Hypocritical. If you say "Be inclusive you damn christians", then you willfully exclude people, that is the pot calling the kettle black..

Rainmaker
05-11-2016, 06:18 PM
Rusty. Its just Hypocritical. If you say "Be inclusive you damn christians", then you willfully exclude people, that is the pot calling the kettle black..

Rusty must be just playing devil's advocate. Because, obviously as a card carrying member of the "pick-up artist community", there's no way in hell, he's actually condoning this queer "safe space" omega male assfoolery!

USN - Retired
05-11-2016, 06:20 PM

Was the "safe space" violated in this clip???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=171FURqSIQc

Mjölnir
05-11-2016, 06:30 PM

Or Congress

Rusty Jones
05-11-2016, 06:45 PM

As long as inadvertently entering that space isn't punishable by an immediate death penalty, do you what you want. You know damned good and well that these spaces exist anyway. If not, I look forward to an invitation from Rainmaker to the next Klan meeting.

For me its 2 main reasons.
1) Most o those clambering FOR safe spaces are also those accusing others of being intolerant, cause they don't want to accept in OTHER people into their groups/call for more diversity, but yet these people don't want ANYONE in that is not exactly like they are. Hypocritical.
2) you won't GET safe spots in the real world, especially at work. So all this is doing is setting them up to fail, cause they won't ever learn HOW to deal with rejection, different opinions etc.

To address your first point, I don't think "inclusiveness" is what they're fighting for. They're not fighting to get in whatever group you belong to, or I belong to. They just want an environment where they're from being antagonized.

As for your second point, to be frank, how it affects them in the real world is none of your concern. They're the ones who will have to deal with those consequences.

That is a large part of my #1 issue i listed above. Those often Calling for safe spots, throw a hissy and protest like crazy, when anyone else has anything remotely close to 'segregation' of view points etc..

I don't think it's "segregation." It's not like they're trying to completely shut themselves out from you or me. Besides... we've got people like Rainmaker here who don't seem to have a fondness for homosexuals, and that's fine. If you don't like homosexuals, shouldn't you be GLAD that they're trying to get away from you?

No one is telling Christians to be more inclusive. Maybe to let others who are not Christians live their lives, yes.

I think that the major complaint is that Christians are TOO inclusive. No, I don't want to go the stinking church of the asshole preaching fire and brimstone through a megaphone on the street corner. No, the threats of hell aren't going to convince me to go.

Rusty must be just playing devil's advocate. Because, obviously as a card carrying member of the "pick-up artist community", there's no way in hell, he's actually condoning this queer "safe space" omega male assfoolery!

I'm not a PUA. Again, I do hold some beliefs that align with the overall Red Pill / Manosphere community; but I'm not a PUA. I've been married ten years.

USN - Retired
05-12-2016, 12:32 AM
As long as inadvertently entering that space isn't punishable by an immediate death penalty, do you what you want. You know damned good and well that these spaces exist anyway. If not, I look forward to an invitation from Rainmaker to the next Klan meeting.

Would our society accept and/or respect a "safe space" for white conservatives?

Would a "safe space" for white conservatives be controversial?

garhkal
05-12-2016, 03:44 AM

I don't think rainmakers a klansman, and the only group i see in the world who kills you for inadvertently being in their zones these days seems to be muslims (well as long as you are not of THEIR sect/religion)..

To address your first point, I don't think "inclusiveness" is what they're fighting for. They're not fighting to get in whatever group you belong to, or I belong to. They just want an environment where they're from being antagonized.

Then what has the LGBTQ groups been doing by trying to force places to be more "Inclusive" to all people, if NOT fighting to get into everyone else's group? Same with blacks. They fought for decades to get rid of segregation, now look, they are fighting to go BACK to segregation...
Both seem to love ranting about how the Right/Conservatives/Christians are not inclusive enough, yet do all they damn well can (especially on these college campuses) to drown out/kick out anyone not of the exact same mindset as they are..

As for your second point, to be frank, how it affects them in the real world is none of your concern. They're the ones who will have to deal with those consequences.

It is if i am the one having to decide do i hire one of these turds, or someone who never went to college! It's also my concern when my tax dollars are going to MANY of these college campuses..

I don't think it's "segregation." It's not like they're trying to completely shut themselves out from you or me. Besides... we've got people like Rainmaker here who don't seem to have a fondness for homosexuals, and that's fine. If you don't like homosexuals, shouldn't you be GLAD that they're trying to get away from you?

So throwing riots/protests when ever ANY conservative comes to campus to speak, wanting only liberal there, demanding their OWN Dormatories is NOT them self segregating?

No one is telling Christians to be more inclusive. Maybe to let others who are not Christians live their lives, yes.

And what about all the lawsuits against bakeries/florists/photographers when they didn't wish to cater to a gay marriage?? How is that NOT them telling Christians "Be more inclusive or else"??!

Rusty Jones
05-12-2016, 12:08 PM
I don't think rainmakers a klansman, and the only group i see in the world who kills you for inadvertently being in their zones these days seems to be muslims (well as long as you are not of THEIR sect/religion)..

I did quite fine in Turkey, Oman, Bahrain, and Dubai. But the last time I had been to any of those countries was almost six years ago. I'll be to watch my back when I get to the Deid in a few months.

Then what has the LGBTQ groups been doing by trying to force places to be more "Inclusive" to all people, if NOT fighting to get into everyone else's group?

Are you talking about public and semi/public places, where everyone (supposedly) can go, thus allowing them to be fully functional members of society? Not being allowed into a "safe space" doesn't violate that. But not being able to do everyday shit like to a store or catch a taxi DOES.

Same with blacks. They fought for decades to get rid of segregation, now look, they are fighting to go BACK to segregation...

Okay, this will probably require a separate thread; but understand this: segregation put black people in position where they had no choice but to create their own infrastructure, since they were denied access to the white infrastructure. Notice how the Civil Rights Era didn't begin until 100 years after the Emancipation. With the destruction of Black Wall Street in Tulsa, the destruction of Seneca Village to make way for Central Park in Manhattan, and other examples of racists destroying the infrastructure that blacks had created for themselves; blacks had no choice but to push for access to white infrastructure. Hence, the Civil Rights Movement. However... with blacks have absolutely zero control or say so in that white infrastructure, the access is incomplete at best.

Surely, white conservatives should be able to appreciate that. Imagine a situation where there are more black owned businesses, and THEY can hire blacks so that white people won't be forced to.

Both seem to love ranting about how the Right/Conservatives/Christians are not inclusive enough, yet do all they damn well can (especially on these college campuses) to drown out/kick out anyone not of the exact same mindset as they are..

It's one thing to someone to come barging into an area where you are, throws you out, and occupies the space that they just threw you out of. You be justified in fighting to get your space back.

But when a group of people scurry off into a corner somewhere, where nobody else was or even thought about going to beforehand... I don't see the justification in getting pissed because they don't want you following them.

It is if i am the one having to decide do i hire one of these turds, or someone who never went to college!

If they exhibit insular behavior that would be detrimental to your business operations, then don't hire them. Problem solved. So that brings us back to square one: it's not your concern, because they'll be the ones dealing with the consequences. Not you.

It's also my concern when my tax dollars are going to MANY of these college campuses..

Yeah? Do you have a top secret clearance? Then tell me everything that you were told not to tell anyone. Go ahead, spill it out right here on the MTF. Afterall, I - and everyone else here - paid your salary, and paid for the equipment that you used.

See how that works?

Bottom line - you have no say so.

So throwing riots/protests when ever ANY conservative comes to campus to speak, wanting only liberal there, demanding their OWN Dormatories is NOT them self segregating?

If you dislike them so much, shouldn't you WANT them to self-segregate?

And what about all the lawsuits against bakeries/florists/photographers when they didn't wish to cater to a gay marriage?? How is that NOT them telling Christians "Be more inclusive or else"??!

Is it only Christians doing that?

I gotta tell you... it appears that people like you want integration, because then everything would be on your terms. But when people don't want to live on your terms, you cry foul. I'm sure you'd love segregation too, if it was on your terms.

Rusty Jones
05-12-2016, 12:15 PM
Would our society accept and/or respect a "safe space" for white conservatives?

Would a "safe space" for white conservatives be controversial?

Are you not a part of "our society?"

Are the current "safe spaces" for the LGBTQ not already controversial themselves?

You can go ahead and start that safe space if you want. Will you face opposition? Sure. You'll exact the exact same opposition that you're giving people for having their safe spaces. It evens out.

WILDJOKER5
05-12-2016, 12:26 PM
Sure they can have a safe space, as long as the public one on campus doesn't exclude anyone at any time for any reason. If a woman is "triggered" by seeing "Trump 2016" in chalk on the sidewalk and is thinking about how she might be raped one day when she may be old and crippled after sex change operation that may lead to her needing an abortion, she shouldn't be allowed to Bogart the space to herself and deny a white Christian, cysgender, heterosexual male from needing quiet time in there as well.

SomeRandomGuy
05-12-2016, 03:33 PM
Sure they can have a safe space, as long as the public one on campus doesn't exclude anyone at any time for any reason. If a woman is "triggered" by seeing "Trump 2016" in chalk on the sidewalk and is thinking about how she might be raped one day when she may be old and crippled after sex change operation that may lead to her needing an abortion, she shouldn't be allowed to Bogart the space to herself and deny a white Christian, cysgender, heterosexual male from needing quiet time in there as well.

Try thinking of these "safe spaces" like you would a public library. Some people like to go to the library for some peace and quiet. They might do this to get away from a lot of noise. Imagine with me that a rock band is playing an open-air concert. A person says, its really loud out here. I think I will go to the library aka my "safe space."

Now imagine, the rock band says, let's go play a concert in the library! We are being discriminated against! We aren't allowed to use the library even though our taxes pay for it.

The rock band is allowed to use the library, they just can't go there and antagonize the people who went there for quiet. I think that's what Rusty is getting at. There's nothing wrong with a safe space. I do agree with you though that it should be open to anyone who has honest intentions. It can't something like the KKK volunteering to adopt-a-highway on Rosa Parks highway just so they can demean it.

USN - Retired
05-12-2016, 03:42 PM
Are you not a part of "our society?"

Are the current "safe spaces" for the LGBTQ not already controversial themselves?

You can go ahead and start that safe space if you want. Will you face opposition? Sure. You'll exact the exact same opposition that you're giving people for having their safe spaces. It evens out.

So,... isn't a "safe space" a form of segregation? It sounds like you support segregation.

Rusty Jones
05-12-2016, 03:45 PM
So,... isn't a "safe space" a form of segregation? It sounds like you support segregation.

Take it how you want. But you can be rest assured that starting your white conservative safe space (and I never indicated any desire to start a safe space of my own; that's all you, bud) won't get any opposition that current safe spaces aren't already getting.

USN - Retired
05-12-2016, 04:03 PM
Take it how you want. But you can be rest assured that starting your white conservative safe space (and I never indicated any desire to start a safe space of my own; that's all you, bud) won't get any opposition that current safe spaces aren't already getting.

I never said that I want to start a "safe space". You are the one who started this conversation/thread about "safe spaces". I am just trying to explore the questions that you raised in the first post on this thread. Given your rather extreme hatred of white people, I don't think that you will be able to examine this issue in an objective manner.

Rusty Jones
05-12-2016, 04:06 PM
I never said that I want to start a "safe space". You are the one who started this conversation/thread about "safe spaces". I am just trying to explore the questions that you raised in the first post on this thread. Given your rather extreme hatred of white people, I don't think that you will be able to examine this issue in an objective manner.

LOL, you don't actually believe that I hate white people. You're just trying to deflect attention from your hatred of black people. Don't give me that shit.

Again... you brought up a hypothetical white conservative safe space, but expressed a feeling of discouragement because of possible opposition. The kind that people with existing safe spaces are already facing.

Looks like the people with safe spaces have something you don't: balls.

USN - Retired
05-12-2016, 04:14 PM
LOL, you don't actually believe that I hate white people.

I really believe that you hate white people.

Rusty Jones
05-12-2016, 04:17 PM
I really believe that you hate white people.

No you don't.

USN - Retired
05-12-2016, 04:24 PM
No you don't.

Not only are you a racist, you are boring. I'm done with this thread.

Rusty Jones
05-12-2016, 04:29 PM
Not only are you a racist, you are boring. I'm done with this thread.

Yep. I can quote you on dozens of things you've said about blacks and Latinos that display your hatred. Calling me racist is nothing but an "I know you are but what am I" tactic.

You go on start your little safe space, you fucking pussy.

Rainmaker
05-12-2016, 04:52 PM
Did quite fine in Turkey, Oman, Bahrain, and Dubai

Doesn't count. The Bedouin GCC states were already familiarized with the blessings of Western Civilization by the Brits who taught them how to behave and do things (like use silverware and not shit in the only fresh water source for hundreds of miles around).

And most of Turkey is more European than anything and (even though they periodically like to murder Armenians) has long ties to Christianity. Paul was from Tarsus (which today has one red light and pretty good strip club) & Antioch was the base for his journeys and also the Place were St. Peter started the One Holy and Catholic and Apostolic Church in a Cave.

You go on start your little safe space, you fucking pussy.
Oh boy. I see you're still trying to do your Douchebag 'Pick up Artist' routine again.

It's not working Playa. Try mixing in some more back handed compliments and if that doesn't work just pour some Southern comfort down her throat.

Rusty Jones
05-12-2016, 05:01 PM
Doesn't count. The GCC states were already familiarized with the blessings of Western Civilization by the Brits (who taught them how to behave and do things like use silverware and not shit in the only fresh water source for hundreds of miles around).

I see they taught their ways to Iraq, Egypt, and Sudan too. Explains a lot.

And most of Turkey is more European than anything and (even though they periodically like to murder Armenians) has long ties to Christianity. Paul was from Tarsus (which today has one red light and pretty good strip club) & Antioch was the base for his journeys and also the Place were St. Peter started the One Holy and Catholic and Apostolic Church in a Cave.

And they were long gone before the Turks came in from Central Asia.

Oh boy. I see you're still trying to do your Douchebag 'Pick up Artist' routine again.

It's not working Playa. Try mixing in some more back handed compliments and if that doesn't work just pour some Southern comfort down her throat.

Yeah, I do like to pick up bitches; but USN-Retired is one that I'll back off and let you have. Feel free to show me how it's done.

Rainmaker
05-12-2016, 05:18 PM
Explains a lot.

And they were long gone before the Turks came in from Central Asia.

Yes, Unlike the Arab Moslems, The Moslem Sultans of the Ottoman empire only permitted intermarriage with the Millions of White slaves that they captured from Italy, Spain and Portugal, and not all of them.

Interestingly enough they maintain an IQ well above the Average 84 of today's Arabs, so they probably already figured out that it's not a good idea to shit in the sole source of your drinking water.

sparks82
05-12-2016, 05:58 PM

What's the deal?

Because of the fact "safe spaces" as they are being used at colleges are inherently promoting racism and discrimination more than they are trying to end it.

How fragile are these students that they need a "safe" space? What has happened to them at college that is so horrible? The first time I heard about these were at the protests in Missouri - where a student journalist ended up being attacked purely for doing his job by people in these "safe spaces" AND by a mass communication professor nonetheless.

That's why I think they're ridiculous because all they seem to do is promote more hate and more separation and discrimination.

sandsjames
05-12-2016, 06:07 PM
Because of the fact "safe spaces" as they are being used at colleges are inherently promoting racism and discrimination more than they are trying to end it.

How fragile are these students that they need a "safe" space? What has happened to them at college that is so horrible? The first time I heard about these were at the protests in Missouri - where a student journalist ended up being attacked purely for doing his job by people in these "safe spaces" AND by a mass communication professor nonetheless.

That's why I think they're ridiculous because all they seem to do is promote more hate and more separation and discrimination.

We agree on something!!!

It's much healthier for people to be stuck in challenging situations. It develops an open dialogue.

One reason I prefer coming here to going to some right wing or left wing forum is because I don't want to be in a situation where everyone around me agrees with everything I say. It's not a good thing. It's not good because nowhere in life are you ever going to be in a situation where everyone agrees with you. People need to learn to deal with differences, not be sheltered from them.

sparks82
05-12-2016, 06:12 PM
We agree on something!!!

It's much healthier for people to be stuck in challenging situations. It develops an open dialogue.

One reason I prefer coming here to going to some right wing or left wing forum is because I don't want to be in a situation where everyone around me agrees with everything I say. It's not a good thing. It's not good because nowhere in life are you ever going to be in a situation where everyone agrees with you. People need to learn to deal with differences, not be sheltered from them.

I wonder how hard your subconscious fought this one. ;)

My college is only a half hour from where I grew up so there wasn't really any culture shocks but never did I want or expect a safe space. Joining the Army wasn't even a shock for all the people I've met. But I just don't get the point of a "safe" space. Is it really safe? Is it a bubble? Is there some sign that says "no negative feelings here?" I don't get what it accomplishes other than to pussify society.

garhkal
05-12-2016, 07:09 PM
But not being able to do everyday shit like to a store or catch a taxi DOES.

When have you ever heard someone not being allowed into a store or taxi cause they were gay??

But when a group of people scurry off into a corner somewhere, where nobody else was or even thought about going to beforehand... I don't see the justification in getting pissed because they don't want you following them.

Then why do they rant about racism when a PRIVATE group of people wanted to make a 'WHITES only scholarship fund'?? Was that not the whites 'going off somewhere into a corner?

If they exhibit insular behavior that would be detrimental to your business operations, then don't hire them. Problem solved. So that brings us back to square one: it's not your concern, because they'll be the ones dealing with the consequences. Not you.

When this happens to seem to be the majority of college grads though, it IS my concern as a business owner that the potential pool for applicants is so damn poor...

Bottom line - you have no say so.

If my tax dollars go to it, i should have the ability to speak OUT against it.. Which is what i am doing... NOT demanding that they change, NOT saying "Tell me everything in violation of contracts you signed"...

If you dislike them so much, shouldn't you WANT them to self-segregate?

No i want them to start PRACTICING what they preach.. TOLERANCE and inclusion.

Or like we saw in several colleges last month, where someone in a "DESIGNATED Free Speech zone" wrote Go trump and the like, and the students Ranted about how it violated their safe spaces, and made them 'triggered'..

Rusty Jones
05-12-2016, 07:10 PM

Okay, so here's what I'm understanding... now, mind you, other than race or religion, I pretty much belong to the privileged group of every other protected class: I'm straight, cisgender, and I'm male.

Interestingly enough, I'd expect a straight white female to be even more conscious on being on both sides of the fence, but... here goes:

All this talk of "integration" is easy, when we're not the ones being shitted on - and, in this case - it's the LGBTQ community. Many of the people posting here probably don't want to be around anyone who is LGBTQ anyway. If they scurry off into a corner because we ran them off, then many people here would probably LIKE that. But... when they give us the finger and do it of their own volition, now we want to get mad about it.

It's like I was explaining to garhkal: preventing a marginalized group from having their own infrastructure keeps them dependent on ours, thus maintaining our power. That seems to be the real motive of all this talk behind fear of segregation.

sandsjames
05-12-2016, 07:19 PM
Many of the people posting here probably don't want to be around anyone who is LGBTQ anyway. Don't care either way, as long as they don't act like a flamer. I know I can look it up, but what's the "Q" in LGBTQ? Is that a new category?

Rusty Jones
05-12-2016, 07:25 PM
When have you ever heard someone not being allowed into a store or taxi cause they were gay??

Oh, my bad. I should never have said that. Because that NEVER happens.

Then why do they rant about racism when a PRIVATE group of people wanted to make a 'WHITES only scholarship fund'?? Was that not the whites 'going off somewhere into a corner?

You're ranting about minority scholarships, are you not? What's the difference? THEY can take the heat. Can YOU?

When this happens to seem to be the majority of college grads though, it IS my concern as a business owner that the potential pool for applicants is so damn poor...

LOL, you think the "majority" of college students have these safe spaces? How did you come up with that?

No i want them to start PRACTICING what they preach.. TOLERANCE and inclusion.

So you want the LGBTQ kids to let you into their club? Don't antagonize them, and I'm sure they will.

Mjölnir
05-12-2016, 08:14 PM
Don't care either way, as long as they don't act like a flamer. I know I can look it up, but what's the "Q" in LGBTQ? Is that a new category?

Queer ... ...

Rainmaker
05-12-2016, 09:07 PM
Don't care either way, as long as they don't act like a flamer.

Most people don't. But, the problem is that so many of these annoying Rainbow flag waving, flamboyant types just can't help themselves because of their narcissistic personality disorder which often times goes undiagnosed (as they are intentionally being conditioned to believe it's just "normal" to act that way).

These poor souls can't actually be cured of it yet. But, getting treatment may help.

sandsjames
05-12-2016, 09:45 PM
Queer ... ...Ahhh...didn't know that was a PC term again...I'm guessing it's only a select group of people and that a lesbian or gay guy could be offended by the term, even though many aren't?

garhkal
05-13-2016, 05:20 AM
Oh, my bad. I should never have said that. Because that NEVER happens.

You made the accusation, so its on YOU to prove your point. Not us to dregs up one to disprove it.

You're ranting about minority scholarships, are you not? What's the difference? THEY can take the heat. Can YOU?

What i am ranting at, is its NOT seen by either society at large OR the legal system for blacks, female, latinos etc to have their OWN racial/sexual specific scholarships.. BUT when that white only one was proposed by a PRIVATE group everyone seemed to get up in arms at how racist it was.. If its ok for there to be 20+ black only scholarships out there, WHY is it wrong for ONE white only scholarship?

LOL, you think the "majority" of college students have these safe spaces? How did you come up with that?

From watching the news/reading about it seeing how damn many of these college campuses were in a ruckus all last year and most of this about them..

So you want the LGBTQ kids to let you into their club? Don't antagonize them, and I'm sure they will.

The fact MY being white/straight and conservative is enough it seems for them to exclude us from their campuses.. Just look at how LITTLE conservatives are represented as teachers, commencement speakers, graduation speakers etc..

Rusty Jones
05-13-2016, 10:37 AM
You made the accusation, so its on YOU to prove your point. Not us to dregs up one to disprove it.

I didn't ask you to disprove anything. However, whether you want to admit it or not, you got the point made by my sarcasm and you fully concur.

What i am ranting at, is its NOT seen by either society at large OR the legal system for blacks, female, latinos etc to have their OWN racial/sexual specific scholarships.. BUT when that white only one was proposed by a PRIVATE group everyone seemed to get up in arms at how racist it was.. If its ok for there to be 20+ black only scholarships out there, WHY is it wrong for ONE white only scholarship?

Are you not up in arms about how racist these minority scholarships are? Are millions of other white Americans not up in arms about it too?

So what's the difference? Again, they're taking the heat from you and millions of others. If they can do it, then you can too.

From watching the news/reading about it seeing how damn many of these college campuses were in a ruckus all last year and most of this about them..

You're saying that the majority of them have one, I'm just trying to see where you get that. So when you want the news or read articles, do they give you a percentage of how many college students have a safe space? A fraction? Something?

The fact MY being white/straight and conservative is enough it seems for them to exclude us from their campuses.. Just look at how LITTLE conservatives are represented as teachers, commencement speakers, graduation speakers etc..

So which campuses have you been denied entry too? What are the stats of the political affiliations of teachers and commencement speakers?

Regarding safe spaces, if you walk into an LGBTQ group bashing homosexuality, gay marriage, repeal of DADT, etc, etc; those may be conservative viewpoints... but guess what? You'd be ANTAGONIZING them. So... be conservative, but keep your fucking mouth shut. And maybe the gay kids will let you hang with them. One might even let you touch his penis.

Rusty Jones
05-13-2016, 11:34 AM
By the way, garhkal, there are minority scholarships for white students at HBCUs and HSIs. Public scholarships, at that. There are two HBCUs in your neck of the woods: Central State University and Wilberforce University. So... are you ready to send your children there?

WILDJOKER5
05-13-2016, 01:58 PM
Okay, so here's what I'm understanding... now, mind you, other than race or religion, I pretty much belong to the privileged group of every other protected class: I'm straight, cisgender, and I'm male.
Don't forget to you are abled bodied. Not sure if you are fat or not, so you could have that going for you too.

Rusty Jones
05-13-2016, 02:10 PM
Don't forget to you are abled bodied. Not sure if you are fat or not, so you could have that going for you too.

What in the blue fuck was the point of this, and how does it contribute to the discussion?

WILDJOKER5
05-13-2016, 02:42 PM
What in the blue fuck was the point of this, and how does it contribute to the discussion?

It was to see how "privileged" you really are. Its not just about race and sex or sexuality or precived gender anymore, gotta look at everything that puts you above someone else. Like you said, you are male. cisgendered, heterosexual. You also have a job, so you have some money. Are you handicapped or able-bodied? I could look up all the intersecting "privileges" you may not be aware of if you'd like. Are you light skinned or dark skinned black?

https://rosswolfe.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/oppression12.jpg
http://www.markfoster.net/struc/intersectionality-wiki.pdf

Rusty Jones
05-13-2016, 02:48 PM
It was to see how "privileged" you really are. Its not just about race and sex or sexuality or precived gender anymore, gotta look at everything that puts you above someone else. Like you said, you are male. cisgendered, heterosexual. You also have a job, so you have some money. Are you handicapped or able-bodied? I could look up all the intersecting "privileges" you may not be aware of if you'd like. Are you light skinned or dark skinned black?

I already made the point that I was getting to with what I said earlier. That said, what you're doing now contributes nothing to the discussion.

WILDJOKER5
05-13-2016, 02:50 PM
I already made the point that I was getting to with what I said earlier. That said, what you're doing now contributes nothing to the discussion.

Well, you may be too privileged to get a safe room.

Rusty Jones
05-13-2016, 02:53 PM
Well, you may be too privileged to get a safe room.

Okay, this thread is officially dead...

Rainmaker
05-13-2016, 04:04 PM
Queer ... ...

Ahhh...didn't know that was a PC term again...?

Does this mean the kids can now get back to playing "smear the queer" during recess?

Rusty Jones
05-13-2016, 04:07 PM
Does this mean the kids can now get back to playing "smear the queer" during recess?

Call it "calcio fiorentino." It's a professional sport in Italy. Youtube it sometime. It's pretty awesome.

sandsjames
05-13-2016, 04:08 PM
Does this mean the kids can now get back to playing "smear the queer" during recess?I hope so. The world was a better place when that game was allowed.

sparks82
05-13-2016, 04:24 PM
I hope so. The world was a better place when that game was allowed.

That's really disturbing you think that.

sandsjames
05-13-2016, 04:27 PM
That's really disturbing you think that. If you say so...

Rusty Jones
05-13-2016, 04:37 PM
That's really disturbing you think that.

Good thing you've got a daughter and not a son. Single mothers who think like this are exactly why today's generation of 20-something males wear skinny jeans, women's make-up, and do girly shit while thinking it's okay as long as they put the word "man" or "bro" in the name of the activity in question.

I mean, if a man is GAY, and he wants to do that shit; fine. But straight men who are like that? Jesus fucking Christ...

sparks82
05-13-2016, 04:49 PM
Good thing you've got a daughter and not a son. Single mothers who think like this are exactly why today's generation of 20-something males wear skinny jeans, women's make-up, and do girly shit while thinking it's okay as long as they put the word "man" or "bro" in the name of the activity in question.

I mean, if a man is GAY, and he wants to do that shit; fine. But straight men who are like that? Jesus fucking Christ...

What the fuck are you talking about? If I had a son I would teach him to not be a disrespectful, ignorant, bigoted pos like some of you on here. I don't understand why you think it's okay to play a game called "Smear the Queer." Yes bullying is sooo awesome. Let's call someone a homosexual who isn't and even as if it's a bad thing to be gay. Or attacking someone who you feel is weaker.

I honestly don't really see that many dudes in just every day life who wear skinny jeans or makeup or do "girly" shit. What is "girly" shit? And why is it not okay for guys to do "girly" shit but it's okay when women do "manly" shit? How about we just get rid of the gender stereotypes because they change constantly throughout human history.

Do you really think most gay guys are flamboyant or stereotypical gay? No they aren't. Sorry to burst your view on gay men.

I fear for your children and those who think like you who think it's okay to attack other children at school and play games like that. You and sandsjames are fucking psychotic.

I looked up the game and that sounds stupid as fuck. Why does it have to be called "Smear the Queer?" Just call it "We chase a kid with a ball and then tackle him." Or just call it fucking "Tag" because that's what it is.

Rusty Jones
05-13-2016, 04:54 PM
What the fuck are you talking about? If I had a son I would teach him to not be a disrespectful, ignorant, bigoted pos like some of you on here. I don't understand why you think it's okay to play a game called "Smear the Queer." Yes bullying is sooo awesome. Let's call someone a homosexual who isn't and even as if it's a bad thing to be gay. Or attacking someone who you feel is weaker.

I honestly don't really see that many dudes in just every day life who wear skinny jeans or makeup or do "girly" shit. What is "girly" shit? And why is it not okay for guys to do "girly" shit but it's okay when women do "manly" shit? How about we just get rid of the gender stereotypes because they change constantly throughout human history.

Do you really think most gay guys are flamboyant or stereotypical gay? No they aren't. Sorry to burst your view on gay men.

I fear for your children and those who think like you who think it's okay to attack other children at school and play games like that. You and sandsjames are fucking psychotic.

I looked up the game and that sounds stupid as fuck. Why does it have to be called "Smear the Queer?" Just call it "We chase a kid with a ball and then tackle him." Or just call it fucking "Tag" because that's what it is.

Yeah, your son would be some softy that would get his ass kicked the second he stepped on the playground.

Rainmaker
05-13-2016, 04:57 PM
I don't understand why you think it's okay to play a game called "Smear the Queer." Yes bullying is sooo awesome.

You sound like a silly feminist. FYI "smear the queer" was a game that the boys played with a football VOLUNTARILY. When you're playing a football game with your friends you're not being bullied.

Rusty Jones
05-13-2016, 04:59 PM
You sound like a silly feminist. FYI "smear the queer" was a game that the boys played with a football VOLUNTARILY. When you're playing a football game with your friends you're not being bullied.

Yep. Everybody gets to be the "queer" at some point in the game.

sandsjames
05-13-2016, 05:08 PM
I honestly don't really see that many dudes in just every day life who wear skinny jeans or makeup or do "girly" shit. What is "girly" shit? And why is it not okay for guys to do "girly" shit but it's okay when women do "manly" shit? How about we just get rid of the gender stereotypes because they change constantly throughout human history. Who said it was ok for women to do "manly shit"?

Do you really think most gay guys are flamboyant or stereotypical gay? No they aren't. Sorry to burst your view on gay men. Nope...most aren't...that's fine...but the ones who are are the ones who stick out and annoy the fuck out of people. Just like most people from Texas aren't rednecks, but the rednecks are fucking annoying. I don't want to be around any of them.

I fear for your children and those who think like you who think it's okay to attack other children at school and play games like that. You and sandsjames are fucking psychotic. It's not attacking...it's not bullying...everybody playing wanted to play. Not sure what's wrong with boys taking part in physical, rough games. That's not bullying.

I looked up the game and that sounds stupid as fuck. Why does it have to be called "Smear the Queer?" Just call it "We chase a kid with a ball and then tackle him." Or just call it fucking "Tag" because that's what it is.You think it's stupid because you're a woman and don't understand why it's fun. See...gender differences...they do exist. Don't worry about the gay kids. They never actually played the game. Nobody was forced to play the game.

sparks82
05-13-2016, 05:13 PM
Who said it was ok for women to do "manly shit"?

Nope...most aren't...that's fine...but the ones who are are the ones who stick out and annoy the fuck out of people. Just like most people from Texas aren't rednecks, but the rednecks are fucking annoying. I don't want to be around any of them.

It's not attacking...it's not bullying...everybody playing wanted to play. Not sure what's wrong with boys taking part in physical, rough games. That's not bullying.

You think it's stupid because you're a woman and don't understand why it's fun. See...gender differences...they do exist. Don't worry about the gay kids. They never actually played the game. Nobody was forced to play the game.

Society does all the time when it is acceptable for a girl to be "tomboy" and play in the dirt or with "boy" toys but if a boy picks up a doll all hell breaks loose. Femininity is downgraded all the time. "You throw like a girl." "Stop crying like a girl." Any emotion shown by any gender - but mostly by men - is degraded as well.

How do you know if no one was forced to play? Also it's just fucking tag.

sparks82
05-13-2016, 05:14 PM

I'm not a feminist and I did edit my post after I looked up the game. In my childhood we called that game "tag" or "football."

sparks82
05-13-2016, 05:15 PM
Yeah, your son would be some softy that would get his ass kicked the second he stepped on the playground.

No he wouldn't and what does that say about your kids or the other kids? I'd rather him not be an ignorant, racist, sexist, bigoted asshole who treats women like shit.

sandsjames
05-13-2016, 05:21 PM
Society does all the time when it is acceptable for a girl to be "tomboy" and play in the dirt or with "boy" toys but if a boy picks up a doll all hell breaks loose. Femininity is downgraded all the time. "You throw like a girl." "Stop crying like a girl." Any emotion shown by any gender - but mostly by men - is degraded as well. Because most girls throw funny, and girls are naturally more emotional than men.

How do you know if no one was forced to play? What? Because we all gathered at a specific spot at recess to play. The kids who didn't want to didn't go to the field. Is that confusing?

Also it's just fucking tag.Yeah, and Rugby is also just tag, and the 100 yard dash is just "Red Rover". Quit being a stereotypical chick if you don't want to be classified as one.

sandsjames
05-13-2016, 05:22 PM
No he wouldn't and what does that say about your kids or the other kids? I'd rather him not be an ignorant, racist, sexist, bigoted asshole who treats women like shit.

So playing a physical game equates to being ignorant, racist, sexist, bigoted, and treating women like shit? I guess, just to be safe, girls should only date guys who take dance.

Rusty Jones
05-13-2016, 05:24 PM

LOL, I'd rather my son give me grandchildren than be some pussified "nice guy" making youtube videos bitching about women not wanting him.

sparks82
05-13-2016, 05:27 PM
LOL, I'd rather my son give me grandchildren than be some pussified "nice guy" making youtube videos bitching about women not wanting him.

What makes you think he would be able to find a girl to impregnate? Whatever doesn't matter I don't have a son. I had stepsons and let me tell you - at least one is on the road of becoming his father and the other one has a serious anger problem and video game addiction. But as long as they're "masculine" that's all that matters right? Smh.

sandsjames
05-13-2016, 05:27 PM

Those guys are embarrassing, aren't they? They act like that then wonder why women don't find them attractive.

sandsjames
05-13-2016, 05:29 PM
What makes you think he would be able to find a girl to impregnate? Whatever doesn't matter I don't have a son. I had stepsons and let me tell you - at least one is on the road of becoming his father and the other one has a serious anger problem and video game addiction. But as long as they're "masculine" that's all that matters right? Smh.

Masculinity does not equal abuser. I'm sorry that you equate the two. Being an abuser isn't masculine...it's actually quite the opposite, proving that they have to hit someone weaker than them.

Rusty Jones
05-13-2016, 05:30 PM
What makes you think he would be able to find a girl to impregnate?

You ex-husband did, didn't he? And the way you describe him, he's FAR from that pussy you'd raise your son to be.

sparks82
05-13-2016, 05:33 PM
You ex-husband did, didn't he? And the way you describe him, he's FAR from that pussy you'd raise your son to be.

Who is my ex? Yeah it's really masculine to beat the shit out of your spouse. Yep that's a "real" man. He sure is so tough that he beats up on his wives. Or that he has such a lack of anger control he gets in fights with random people who he "thinks" offended him or screwed him over. Yep I guess I should let my daughter think that's how "real" men behave right?

So you're saying your son is a drug addict, abusive, narcissistic, alcoholic sociopath? Nice job there on that one.

sparks82
05-13-2016, 05:36 PM
Masculinity does not equal abuser. I'm sorry that you equate the two. Being an abuser isn't masculine...it's actually quite the opposite, proving that they have to hit someone weaker than them.

That's not what I said. I used my stepsons as an example and how they are on the same path as their father -and the oldest didn't even get raised by him. The mom actually kept him from the family for almost 2 years after she got remarried. Yeah he should've fought harder to get him from her but he didn't. It amazes me how much he's like his dad. The way he talks about girls and TO them, the way he thinks he's a little "pimp" and that before he turned 13 he already had been in trouble for drinking, weed and banned from a store for shoplifting astounds me even more.

But the way Rusty James talks he thinks it's "masculine" to hit people.

Rusty Jones
05-13-2016, 05:37 PM
Who is my ex? Yeah it's really masculine to beat the shit out of your spouse. Yep that's a "real" man. He sure is so tough that he beats up on his wives. Or that he has such a lack of anger control he gets in fights with random people who he "thinks" offended him or screwed him over. Yep I guess I should let my daughter think that's how "real" men behave right?

So you're saying your son is a drug addict, abusive, narcissistic, alcoholic sociopath? Nice job there on that one.

No, YOU said all that. You question the ability of my son to find a woman to impregnate as a result of me raising him to not be a pussy. You and your daughter are simply living examples of how flawed your logic is.

sparks82
05-13-2016, 05:41 PM
No, YOU said all that. You question the ability of my son to find a woman to impregnate as a result of me raising him to not be a pussy. You and your daughter are simply living examples of how flawed your logic is.

I didn't say that at all. I know what you mean by "pussy" and you were the one who said that my ex is "FAR from the pussy you'd raise your son to be." YOU are the one who said my ex is not a pussy because he beats the shit out of people.

My daughter is not quite two so I'm not sure how she's living "flawed logic" at all. The most important thing in her life right now is Elmo and Mickey Mouse. I don't live in any "flawed logic" either. You sure do.

garhkal
05-13-2016, 07:13 PM
Are you not up in arms about how racist these minority scholarships are? Are millions of other white Americans not up in arms about it too?

So what's the difference? Again, they're taking the heat from you and millions of others. If they can do it, then you can too.

Not when the lawyers and politicians cave IN. Look at how often judges DO see it ok to discriminate as long as you are one of the minorities DOING it.. Such as in the prior mentioned cases of that Gym being not just female members only, but being female STAFF, and a judge ruling it ok, but heaven forbid guys had just a Male only membership gym (but still had female Staff)..??
Kind of hard to 'take the heat but still get on with it' when the law/judges won't let you.

You're saying that the majority of them have one, I'm just trying to see where you get that. So when you want the news or read articles, do they give you a percentage of how many college students have a safe space? A fraction? Something?

OK. Maybe saying the Majority was off. BUT when those are the only ones we Hear about its easy to see why some would think that.

So which campuses have you been denied entry too? What are the stats of the political affiliations of teachers and commencement speakers?

Personally, none. Never been asked to go for a speech. As for stats, i am unsure if there ARE any. But again based on what is heard, the # sounds high.

Regarding safe spaces, if you walk into an LGBTQ group bashing homosexuality, gay marriage, repeal of DADT, etc, etc; those may be conservative viewpoints... but guess what? You'd be ANTAGONIZING them. So... be conservative, but keep your fucking mouth shut. And maybe the gay kids will let you hang with them. One might even let you touch his penis.

So the only way to be 'included' in group meets is to be silent?

By the way, garhkal, there are minority scholarships for white students at HBCUs and HSIs. Public scholarships, at that. There are two HBCUs in your neck of the woods: Central State University and Wilberforce University. So... are you ready to send your children there?

Good to know. BUT since i don't have kids, its a moot issue for me Personally unless I wanna go to college.

I could look up all the intersecting "privileges" you may not be aware of if you'd like. Are you light skinned or dark skinned black?

Holy hanna. That actually exists? Fut the whuk...

I don't understand why you think it's okay to play a game called "Smear the Queer." Yes bullying is sooo awesome.

Dunno. Maybe its cause smear the queer was called that long before we even knew what being queer was?
But then again for me, i had to Look it up cause i only ever knew it as tag.. But then again the left Does seem to love getting long used words and redefining what they mean, or wanting them blacklisted cause part of the word has been 'changed' by them.. Such as faggots. Used to be a term for Meatballs way back in the day. Back in the 70s or so, it got redefined to be a curse word towards gay men. Now you can't even say the word without being looked at as being homophobic..

sparks82
05-13-2016, 07:34 PM
Not when the lawyers and politicians cave IN. Look at how often judges DO see it ok to discriminate as long as you are one of the minorities DOING it.. Such as in the prior mentioned cases of that Gym being not just female members only, but being female STAFF, and a judge ruling it ok, but heaven forbid guys had just a Male only membership gym (but still had female Staff)..??
Kind of hard to 'take the heat but still get on with it' when the law/judges won't let you.

OK. Maybe saying the Majority was off. BUT when those are the only ones we Hear about its easy to see why some would think that.

Personally, none. Never been asked to go for a speech. As for stats, i am unsure if there ARE any. But again based on what is heard, the # sounds high.

So the only way to be 'included' in group meets is to be silent?

Good to know. BUT since i don't have kids, its a moot issue for me Personally unless I wanna go to college.

Holy hanna. That actually exists? Fut the whuk...

Dunno. Maybe its cause smear the queer was called that long before we even knew what being queer was?
But then again for me, i had to Look it up cause i only ever knew it as tag.. But then again the left Does seem to love getting long used words and redefining what they mean, or wanting them blacklisted cause part of the word has been 'changed' by them.. Such as faggots. Used to be a term for Meatballs way back in the day. Back in the 70s or so, it got redefined to be a curse word towards gay men. Now you can't even say the word without being looked at as being homophobic..

Meatballs? As in referring to gay men? Or something else? I have never heard that one from even older people. If someone calls a gay person a fag or faggot I tell them what those words really mean.

sandsjames
05-13-2016, 07:41 PM
Meatballs? As in referring to gay men? Or something else? I have never heard that one from even older people. If someone calls a gay person a fag or faggot I tell them what those words really mean.

And what do they really mean? Cuz here's what they really mean (and maybe you were going to give this very same explanation):

British Aristocrats had several servants in their homes/mansions. Some of these servants were young boys. These boys would regularly be sent out to bring in kindling (faggots of wood) and wood for the fireplace. These boys were referred to as "fag boys" because they "fetched" the wood. These boys were also often molested by the homeowner. So, the term "fag" or "faggot" became common for guys having sex with other guys...

garhkal
05-15-2016, 05:53 PM

I mean the term fagoot has been used by the British for centuries to refer to meatballs. Then the gays got ahold of it, and used it as a moniker for their lifestyle (we are fags), then some straights started using it as a curse word, and now these days you Can't SAY it (even if you are not meaning gays), just in case you do offend a gay person.

Rusty Jones
05-16-2016, 11:35 AM
I mean the term fagoot has been used by the British for centuries to refer to meatballs. Then the gays got ahold of it, and used it as a moniker for their lifestyle (we are fags), then some straights started using it as a curse word, and now these days you Can't SAY it (even if you are not meaning gays), just in case you do offend a gay person.

I still say it. Granted, I won't call somebody a fag if I know they're gay. I only say that word to straight men who ACT gay.

WILDJOKER5
05-16-2016, 12:01 PM
I still say it. Granted, I won't call somebody a fag if I know they're gay. I only say that word to straight men who ACT gay.

That's pretty discriminatory. That's like calling a girly man a chick but not an actual chick a chick. And a tad 2-faced to boot. Either use the term for everyone, or no one.

Rainmaker
05-16-2016, 03:28 PM
"The limits of my language means the limits of my world."- Ludwig Wittgenstein

Control the language and you control the mind. This Leftist assault on language is what's known in the PSYOP business as "The Foot in The Door Technique" ...... Oldest Commie trick in the book.....

You begin by forcing the subject to repeat something that seems minor and inconsequential then you progress to bigger lies and then finally to Direct Indoctrination.

Words mean things. Learn to recognize propaganda techniques, so that you can resist their Programing.

A good rule of thumb is this......If it takes complicated words to describe a simple concept, then they're probably full of shit .

Rusty Jones
05-16-2016, 03:35 PM

Control the language and you control the mind. This Leftist assault on language is what's known in the PSYOP business as "The Foot in The Door Technique" ...... Oldest Commie trick in the book.....

You begin by forcing the subject to repeat something that seems minor and inconsequential then you progress to bigger lies and then finally to Direct Indoctrination.

Words mean things. Learn to recognize propaganda techniques, so that you can resist their Programing.

A good rule of thumb is this......If it takes complicated words to describe a simple concept, then they're probably full of shit .

Let me see if I understand what you're saying:

The LGBTQ community (specifically, the "T" community and its supporters) define "gender" and "sex" separately (i.e., "sex" having a biological basis, and "gender" being a social construct that allows for fluidity).

Whereas, ten or fifteen years ago, the words "sex" and "gender" were synonymous.

Would that be an example?

sandsjames
05-16-2016, 03:39 PM
That's pretty discriminatory. That's like calling a girly man a chick but not an actual chick a chick. And a tad 2-faced to boot. Either use the term for everyone, or no one.

This is one of the lamest things I've seen you say. We all know there are words we use at certain times and at other times we avoid them. It's called discretion. And it makes perfect sense because words can have different meanings depending on the intent and context in which they are used. The same goes for phrases.

sandsjames
05-16-2016, 03:42 PM

The LGBTQ community (specifically, the "T" community and its supporters) define "gender" and "sex" separately (i.e., "sex" having a biological basis, and "gender" being a social construct that allows for fluidity).

Whereas, ten or fifteen years ago, the words "sex" and "gender" were synonymous.

Which seems stupid because the civil rights act states that people can't be discriminated against based on sex and trannies are creating a group for themselves, by adding the word "identity", which isn't protected.

Rainmaker
05-16-2016, 04:20 PM

Exactly.

Basically, they're saying that the sexes do not really exist (gender is just a social construct). Because, if someone feels differently, then that's what they are. Nothing is truly "real" except for your own emotional state, which you can change on a whim.

Western Civilization (based on rationalism) is being deconstructed. 20 years ago they were deconstructing race. Today they are deconstructing the physical genders and tommorow they'll be on to whatever they decide to target next.

Of course denial of objective reality ultimately leads to absurdity and chaos. And the people behind this don't actually believe any of this stupid shit themselves. But, they can profit from exploiting the fracture points that are created in the society.

WILDJOKER5
05-16-2016, 04:32 PM
This is one of the lamest things I've seen you say. We all know there are words we use at certain times and at other times we avoid them. It's called discretion. And it makes perfect sense because words can have different meanings depending on the intent and context in which they are used. The same goes for phrases.

Meh, I like to keep it simple and not have to chose my words depending on the company I am around.

sandsjames
05-16-2016, 04:35 PM
Meh, I like to keep it simple and not have to chose my words depending on the company I am around.

I'm calling BS...I don't believe it's possible. Maybe it is but I'd be pretty surprised.

sparks82
05-16-2016, 06:40 PM

How do straight men "act" gay?

sandsjames
05-16-2016, 06:44 PM
How do straight men "act" gay?By spending an hour getting their hair looking perfect. By putting nail polish on. By eating "gluten free". By listening to Meghan Trainer. By keeping a 5 o'clock shadow as an everyday thing. I can go on.

sparks82
05-16-2016, 06:45 PM
By spending an hour getting their hair looking perfect. By putting nail polish on. By eating "gluten free". By listening to Meghan Trainer. By keeping a 5 o'clock shadow as an everyday thing. I can go on.

How is that acting like a homosexual when most homosexuals don't act like that? Having a 5 o'clock shadow is acting gay? What?

Please don't go on because that is about the stupidest fucking thing I've seen so far today. I've met a lot of homosexual men and none of them do those things.

Rusty Jones
05-16-2016, 06:48 PM
Sparks knows EXACTLY what we mean by "acting gay." She was simply trying to put me on the spot by asking me that question. Hoping that I'd make myself look bad by answering it. LOL, I know that tactic.

sandsjames
05-16-2016, 06:52 PM
Sparks knows EXACTLY what we mean by "acting gay." She was simply trying to put me on the spot by asking me that question. Hoping that I'd make myself look bad by answering it. LOL, I know that tactic.I don't know if she does know, really. She doesn't understand that 51% is not a minority. But, yeah, she probably knows.

sandsjames
05-16-2016, 06:53 PM
How is that acting like a homosexual when most homosexuals don't act like that? Having a 5 o'clock shadow is acting gay? What?

Please don't go on because that is about the stupidest fucking thing I've seen so far today. I've met a lot of homosexual men and none of them do those things.I didn't say that gay men did those things. You asked what things could get a straight guy called gay and I answered.

Rusty Jones
05-16-2016, 06:57 PM
If a man walked up to her, switching his ass and had the bottom of his button-down shirt tied across his chest, and says to her with a lisp "Giiiiirrrrllll! Those are some cute shoes you got on!"

She'd say, "Yep. This dude is gay."

Just like any of us would.

sandsjames
05-16-2016, 07:01 PM
Just to point out to you, Sparks...

Women are a majority of people in a democracy. If you girls were smart enough and organized enough, you could run the country. Luckily for the rest of us, there's no chance of that ever happening.

garhkal
05-16-2016, 08:09 PM

Last time i used it was almost 8 years ago, during a day trip over to Pensacola, where i hit a European themed butchers shop, hoping to get some english food. HE had shepards pie, good ole english bangers, but when i asked if he had faggots, i almost got booted OUT for daring to speak in a homo-phobic manner..

It's also why the left seems to love revising history..

Most assuredly that's a great example.. Heck prior to the past 20 years or so, i have not even SEEN anyone even chat in a manner as if sex and gender were NOT the same thing...

Rusty Jones
05-26-2016, 04:20 PM
Okay, so when I brought up safe spaces and asked why people are opposed to them, sparks mentioned "segregation." However... I'm really questioning the conservate opposition to it.

Here's an interesting video of a famous Malcolm X speech, where he told the audience "Don't beg for a job; create a job." In his speech, he insists that white business owners are under no obligation to provide jobs to blacks and that, because of this, blacks need to stop begging whites for jobs and start creating their own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXE-TpGLFac

Now... on the surface, this sounds like something that white conservatives would LOVE to hear, right? At least the part about not being obligated to provide jobs to blacks. But... it only sounds good until the suggestion that they create their own comes in.

You may have heard of "Black Wall Street," or the community of Greenwood in Tulsa, OK that was bombed from the air during the race riots in 1921.

Places like "Black Wall Street" existed during Jim Crow out of necessity. However... destroy it and end Jim Crow, and now they're not necessary.

As we all know, Jim Crow only changed the law - not hearts and minds.

What has baffled me is why conservatives praise Martin Luther King Jr at the expense of Malcom X, when his push was FOR the forcing white business owners to hire blacks and Malcolm X was against it.

But that's not the overall bottom line of this post. It's this: the anger at safe spaces, in my opinion, is similar to that of an angry biological father that wanted nothing to do with his son... until he finds out that his son went pro in the NFL, and quickly got told to "fuck off" when he tried to reconnect.

We hated gay people all this time, and wanted them to stay away from us... but as soon as they create something good for themselves that we can't partake in... NOW we want to cry "foul."

sandsjames
05-26-2016, 06:59 PM
Okay, so when I brought up safe spaces and asked why people are opposed to them, sparks mentioned "segregation." However... I'm really questioning the conservate opposition to it.

Here's an interesting video of a famous Malcolm X speech, where he told the audience "Don't beg for a job; create a job." In his speech, he insists that white business owners are under no obligation to provide jobs to blacks and that, because of this, blacks need to stop begging whites for jobs and start creating their own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXE-TpGLFac

Now... on the surface, this sounds like something that white conservatives would LOVE to hear, right? At least the part about not being obligated to provide jobs to blacks. But... it only sounds good until the suggestion that they create their own comes in.

You may have heard of "Black Wall Street," or the community of Greenwood in Tulsa, OK that was bombed from the air during the race riots in 1921.

Places like "Black Wall Street" existed during Jim Crow out of necessity. However... destroy it and end Jim Crow, and now they're not necessary.

As we all know, Jim Crow only changed the law - not hearts and minds.

What has baffled me is why conservatives praise Martin Luther King Jr at the expense of Malcom X, when his push was FOR the forcing white business owners to hire blacks and Malcolm X was against it. The reason they are treated different is simple. Whether true of the two individuals or not, Malcolm X comes across as an angry black man while MLK comes across as "non-threatening". It's about perception. It's about stereotypes.

But that's not the overall bottom line of this post. It's this: the anger at safe spaces, in my opinion, is similar to that of an angry biological father that wanted nothing to do with his son... until he finds out that his son went pro in the NFL, and quickly got told to "fuck off" when he tried to reconnect.

We hated gay people all this time, and wanted them to stay away from us... but as soon as they create something good for themselves that we can't partake in... NOW we want to cry "foul."[/QUOTE]

sandsjames
05-26-2016, 07:02 PM

We hated gay people all this time, and wanted them to stay away from us... but as soon as they create something good for themselves that we can't partake in... NOW we want to cry "foul."

I don't think the safe space issue is about the demographic that has the space. It's about the idea of it. It's the same reason people react the way they do when they hear rumors of how military basic trainees have "time-outs" (not true, btw) and safe zones that the TI/DI can't come within. It has nothing to do with race, sex, color, creed, orientation, or any of those things. It's about people learning to deal with confrontation and realizing that in life, many times, people are going to vehemently disagree with you and your lifestyle and you need to confront it, not run from it.

garhkal
05-26-2016, 10:25 PM
I don't think the safe space issue is about the demographic that has the space. It's about the idea of it. It's the same reason people react the way they do when they hear rumors of how military basic trainees have "time-outs" (not true, btw) and safe zones that the TI/DI can't come within. It has nothing to do with race, sex, color, creed, orientation, or any of those things. It's about people learning to deal with confrontation and realizing that in life, many times, people are going to vehemently disagree with you and your lifestyle and you need to confront it, not run from it.

Combined with many of those crying FOR safe spaces, seem to then rant when others don't wanna hear what THEY have to say...

If you want people to tolerate YOU and YOUR view point, then you should also tolerate THEIR viewpoint right back.. Its the old adage, of treat others as you want to be treated..

Rusty Jones
05-27-2016, 12:35 PM

Homophobia goes beyond mere "vehement disagreement." They're getting harassed and physically assaulted. I could agree with you somewhat, if we were talking about safe spaces for Christians or atheists in places where they're not the majority; because they'd be the ones facing nothing beyond "vehement disagreement." We're talking something totally different with the LGBTQ community.

Combined with many of those crying FOR safe spaces, seem to then rant when others don't wanna hear what THEY have to say...

If you want people to tolerate YOU and YOUR view point, then you should also tolerate THEIR viewpoint right back.. Its the old adage, of treat others as you want to be treated..

Okay... but if you've never tolerated their view point to begin with, then who are you to make those demands from people wanting the safe spaces?

Like I said before... people staying away from you because you want them to go away, that's cool. But as soon as they go away because they no longer want to be around you... not cool. In the latter scenario, the perception is that they've got something going for themselves, and you know that you can't partake.