PDA

View Full Version : College Kids Say the Darndest Things: On Identity

Rusty Jones
04-24-2016, 08:29 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfO1veFs6Ho

A 5'9" white man asks college students what they would say to him if he told them that he was seven years old, or if he was a 6'5" Chinese woman.

Apparently... these days, you can call yourself whatever you want; and no one has the balls to be that asshole to tell you what you really are.

garhkal
04-25-2016, 05:23 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfO1veFs6Ho

A 5'9" white man asks college students what they would say to him if he told them that he was seven years old, or if he was a 6'5" Chinese woman.

Apparently... these days, you can call yourself whatever you want; and no one has the balls to be that asshole to tell you what you really are.

More likely they have been whipped from the liberal indoctrination they have received from kindergarden to NOT argue the point..

WILDJOKER5
04-25-2016, 12:01 PM
It amazes me how we will call someone with a hormone imbalance and talks to themselves as having a mental illness, but those who have a hormone imbalance and believe themselves to be another gender than what the biologically are are never called mentally ill. Why is the left so anti-science?

Rusty Jones
04-25-2016, 12:07 PM
Why is the left so anti-science?

You're joking, right? The right believes that the Earth is only 6,000 years old and that the human race is descended from a man and woman that only had two sons... and the left is anti-science?

I guess that's why Neil Tyson, Bill Nye, and all the top scientists are conservative. Oh, wait...

Tell the truth... you don't really believe what you just said, nor do you believe that you can actually convince anyone of it. That statement was made solely for the purpose of an "I know you are, but what am I" tactic.

WILDJOKER5
04-25-2016, 12:36 PM
You're joking, right? The right believes that the Earth is only 6,000 years old and that the human race is descended from a man and woman that only had two sons... and the left is anti-science?That's not the right's platform and you know it. You are selecting a small fringe group and labeling it as "the right". Its not like the left who believes the earth has been at a constant temp for millions of years and only now starting to warm up after humans figured out how to burn oil. Or how the left doesn't believe that every human in the world has gone through the zygote stage but will still deny a zygote in the womb as human. The left will believe its not the gentiles you have that make up what sex you are, but what you FEEEEEEELz you are. Yeah, pretty scientific.

I guess that's why Neil Tyson, Bill Nye, and all the top scientists are conservative. Oh, wait...Yeah, and? They want people locked up for debating global warming when countless other scientist have disagreed with them. Not very scientific to silence the opposition, just authoritarian.

Tell the truth... you don't really believe what you just said, nor do you believe that you can actually convince anyone of it. That statement was made solely for the purpose of an "I know you are, but what am I" tactic.
I do completely and even some on the left agree with me that the left has become less scientific in past decades. Hell, the left is already less mathematical than the right when they try to talk about the "wage gap" when its been proven time and time again to be false.

sandsjames
04-25-2016, 12:45 PM
You're joking, right? The right believes that the Earth is only 6,000 years old and that the human race is descended from a man and woman that only had two sons... and the left is anti-science?

Come on Rusty...you're better than this. You know that the number of Christians who believe the 6000 year old theory is so small that it's considered a joke, even within the larger Christian community. And for the small number who do it's not limited to the right wing.

WILDJOKER5
04-25-2016, 01:49 PM
Come on Rusty...you're better than this. You know that the number of Christians who believe the 6000 year old theory is so small that it's considered a joke, even within the larger Christian community. And for the small number who do it's not limited to the right wing.

Its not about what can be proven or what the majority actually believe, its about sensationalism. The left cant debate actual quotes from the majority of the right, they want to embellish, like when the talk about NC bathroom law, the left says the right is trying to oppress transgenders when its completely about keep those who would abuse the system to perve and peek.

garhkal
04-25-2016, 05:18 PM
It amazes me how we will call someone with a hormone imbalance and talks to themselves as having a mental illness, but those who have a hormone imbalance and believe themselves to be another gender than what the biologically are are never called mentally ill. Why is the left so anti-science?

That's a point i often raise myself. How is one form of mental illness, something that gets someone locked up for, or given pills to regulate (like OCD, Bi-polar), but another form (self identifying as no gender, the wrong gender, both etc, something we are now Celebrating?

Strange.. I know more on the left (or independent) who feel that way and are true bible creationists than i do those on the right.

I do completely and even some on the left agree with me that the left has become less scientific in past decades. Hell, the left is already less mathematical than the right when they try to talk about the "wage gap" when its been proven time and time again to be false.

To add to that, you got those on the left (hillary and obama) who feel 'behavior' such as racism is Inherent in the white man's DNA, where sex/gender is something that is NOT inbred into your DNA...

Rusty Jones
04-26-2016, 10:49 AM
That's not the right's platform and you know it. You are selecting a small fringe group and labeling it as "the right".

Bullshit. The GOP has been appealing to evangelical Protestants for 40 years now, and have even advocated for taxpayer backed private school vouchers so that the children of these idiots won't have to learn any actual science. Instead, they get to learn "because God did it" on the taxpayer's dime.

Its not like the left who believes the earth has been at a constant temp for millions of years and only now starting to warm up after humans figured out how to burn oil. Or how the left doesn't believe that every human in the world has gone through the zygote stage but will still deny a zygote in the womb as human. The left will believe its not the gentiles you have that make up what sex you are, but what you FEEEEEEELz you are. Yeah, pretty scientific.

Dude, you are WAY off. First off, while scientists have been discussing ice ages - yes, ICE AGES - idiots on the right have been denying that the Earth is old enough to have gone through such a thing. No one on the left has said that the Earth maintained a constant temperature. However, the recent spike over the last century is man made; and the science back it up when you look at the average temperatures, the rise in sea levels, holes in the ozone later, lakes that have dried up, etc, etc. Yet, who is still in denial after all this proof? The right.

As far as the definition of a human, no one is really debating that. They're simply ignoring it as a valid argument against a woman's choice. As for the sex, Neil Tyson himself even states that there's no such thing as a sex change, when he states that sex is determined by genetics. The argument for addressing someone as their chosen is gender is one based on respecting someone's identity, not science.

Dude, if you're going to argue an opposing position, then you need to start having a better grasp on that opposition position. That, or you need to stop purposely presenting it in a way that make it easier for you to refute. That's called a "straw man."

Yeah, and? They want people locked up for debating global warming when countless other scientist have disagreed with them. Not very scientific to silence the opposition, just authoritarian.

Source, please.

Yeah, after the left has shown exactly what the wage gap is by the numbers? That's the right being in denial.

Rusty Jones
04-26-2016, 10:53 AM

Yeah, the numbers are so small that 46% of Americans believe it. Not 46% of Christians... 46% of AMERICANS. Which means... if take away the non-Christians and only look at Christians, that percentage goes UP.

Tell me... where are the liberal versions of Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell trying to argue the 6,000 year old Earth into politics? I'll wait.

Rusty Jones
04-26-2016, 10:54 AM
Its not about what can be proven or what the majority actually believe, its about sensationalism. The left cant debate actual quotes from the majority of the right, they want to embellish, like when the talk about NC bathroom law, the left says the right is trying to oppress transgenders when its completely about keep those who would abuse the system to perve and peek.

LOL, and here you are, doing exactly what you're accusing the left of doing right now.

Rusty Jones
04-26-2016, 10:56 AM
Strange.. I know more on the left (or independent) who feel that way and are true bible creationists than i do those on the right.

Despite your personal observations, there aren't enough people on the left expressing that belief to have earned that reputation for the left. The right, on the other hand...

WILDJOKER5
04-26-2016, 11:38 AM
Bullshit. The GOP has been appealing to evangelical Protestants for 40 years now, and have even advocated for taxpayer backed private school vouchers so that the children of these idiots won't have to learn any actual science. Instead, they get to learn "because God did it" on the taxpayer's dime.Are you sure that's why school vouchers are being fought for and not for the reason of how corrupt teacher unions are that allow horrible teachers to stay while the young motivated teachers are laid off due to seniority and tenure? These standardize tests have destroyed our youth and we keep sinking lower and lower on the ranks against the world for the public schools. Maybe learning "cause God did it" being put back in our schools, our education levels will go back up. But then again, you are selecting a very minor fringe group on the right.

Dude, you are WAY off. First off, while scientists have been discussing ice ages - yes, ICE AGES - idiots on the right have been denying that the Earth is old enough to have gone through such a thing. No one on the left has said that the Earth maintained a constant temperature. However, the recent spike over the last century is man made; and the science back it up when you look at the average temperatures, the rise in sea levels, holes in the ozone later, lakes that have dried up, etc, etc. Yet, who is still in denial after all this proof? The right.For centuries, there have always been rises and falls of temperatures. Rise and fall of CO2. Every time, the CO2 has FOLLOWED the rise of temp. The rise of CO2 now, still hasn't brought up the temp in the extreme that should follow. The last 2 decades, no rise in average global temps has happened. Scientist, geologist, have even said we are on par with NORMAL temp patterns. "Scientist", meteorologist, are the alarmist who have use faulty computer data and models to predict the warming. Holes in the ozone have been closing, more ice at the caps, lakes have dried up cause of humans blocked the rivers feeding them.

As far as the definition of a human, no one is really debating that. They're simply ignoring it as a valid argument against a woman's choice. As for the sex, Neil Tyson himself even states that there's no such thing as a sex change, when he states that sex is determined by genetics. The argument for addressing someone as their chosen is gender is one based on respecting someone's identity, not science. Yes, the woman got to chose to have sex. (Rape and incest abortions constitute only 1-2%). If both are human, why does one get to die while the other is making the choice unilaterally for them? And yes, the left claims that sex or gender is a "fluid" concept that can change over time. Just cause one person in the left says "x", doesn't mean that the majority believes the same. You take the negative fringe group of the right to batter them, while taking the minority of the left to praise them. Seems like pretty sweet cherry picking.

Dude, if you're going to argue an opposing position, then you need to start having a better grasp on that opposition position. That, or you need to stop purposely presenting it in a way that make it easier for you to refute. That's called a "straw man."As your straw man of claiming the right is all about catering to creationists? Big hint, even without pandering to the wacky creationism part of those people's lives, they would still vote for the GOP. Its not their only issue unlike a lot of the left base their votes on.

Source, please.Sure. It was just last week, guess the left isn't reporting on tyrannical incarcerations of differing views eh? The left is used to doing things like slavery and interment camps. http://www.redstate.com/brandon_morse/2016/04/14/no-one-expects-the-climate-inquisition/

Yeah, after the left has shown exactly what the wage gap is by the numbers? That's the right being in denial.
The left has only shown the difference between what a female social worker makes vs the male oil engineer.

WILDJOKER5
04-26-2016, 11:43 AM
LOL, and here you are, doing exactly what you're accusing the left of doing right now.

How so? I can bring up any quote you'd like. Denial of a fetus as a human, yep, that's easy. Those saying climate deniers should be jailed, just did above. Wage gap, yep, that's easy too.

You don't find anyone on the right saying the transgender cant use the female bathroom. You see the right talking about how perves can game the system by just claiming to be trans, which has already happened.

Rusty Jones
04-26-2016, 12:17 PM
Are you sure that's why school vouchers are being fought for and not for the reason of how corrupt teacher unions are that allow horrible teachers to stay while the young motivated teachers are laid off due to seniority and tenure? These standardize tests have destroyed our youth and we keep sinking lower and lower on the ranks against the world for the public schools. Maybe learning "cause God did it" being put back in our schools, our education levels will go back up. But then again, you are selecting a very minor fringe group on the right.

The right has advocated for these vouchers LONG before the No Child Left Behind Act that you're complaining about right now. Oh, and where did NCLB come from? The right!

For centuries, there have always been rises and falls of temperatures. Rise and fall of CO2. Every time, the CO2 has FOLLOWED the rise of temp. The rise of CO2 now, still hasn't brought up the temp in the extreme that should follow.

WRONG. The concentration of CO2 in the Earth's atmosphere has risen by 40% since the Industrial Revolution. Quit talking out of your ass.

The last 2 decades, no rise in average global temps has happened. Scientist, geologist, have even said we are on par with NORMAL temp patterns.

Bullshit. The right has been looking at the cold years and saying, "See! I told you so!"

Here's a site that goes into greater detail on that:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/petergleick/2012/02/05/global-warming-has-stopped-how-to-fool-people-using-cherry-picked-climate-data/#795a69e532f1

"Scientist", meteorologist, are the alarmist who have use faulty computer data and models to predict the warming. Holes in the ozone have been closing, more ice at the caps, lakes have dried up cause of humans blocked the rivers feeding them.

Holes in the ozone layer have been closing, thanks to the left, who made laws that the right had to be dragged kicking and screaming into compliance with. More ice at the caps? Nope. In fact, the damage done at Greenland is now irreversible. Lakes dried up because humans blocked the rivers? You're speculating. Stop it. Lakes that don't even have rivers feeding into them have dried up.

Yes, the woman got to chose to have sex. (Rape and incest abortions constitute only 1-2%). If both are human, why does one get to die while the other is making the choice unilaterally for them?

You're arguing what should and shouldn't be law based on semantics of the word "human." Technically, if I wacked off into a cup, you'd have humans inside of that cup. All 23 pairs of human chromosomes are in every living cell, right?

And yes, the left claims that sex or gender is a "fluid" concept that can change over time. Just cause one person in the left says "x", doesn't mean that the majority believes the same. You take the negative fringe group of the right to batter them, while taking the minority of the left to praise them. Seems like pretty sweet cherry picking.

The left argues this on a social basis, not a genetic one.

As your straw man of claiming the right is all about catering to creationists? Big hint, even without pandering to the wacky creationism part of those people's lives, they would still vote for the GOP. Its not their only issue unlike a lot of the left base their votes on.

Dude, religion didn't take over the GOP until the 1970's. The GOP was even trying to fight it off, much in the same way that they're trying to fight off the Tea Party today. But the GOP lost, and the religious right runs it.

Sure. It was just last week, guess the left isn't reporting on tyrannical incarcerations of differing views eh? The left is used to doing things like slavery and interment camps. http://www.redstate.com/brandon_morse/2016/04/14/no-one-expects-the-climate-inquisition/

Red State taking what Bill Nye said of out context? Shocker.

The left has only shown the difference between what a female social worker makes vs the male oil engineer.

Wrong. By the way, aren't we supposed to be talking about science?

WILDJOKER5
04-26-2016, 01:04 PM
The right has advocated for these vouchers LONG before the No Child Left Behind Act that you're complaining about right now. Oh, and where did NCLB come from? The right!Standardized tests have been around for way longer than NCLB. And yes, Bush was a progressive Republican.

WRONG. The concentration of CO2 in the Earth's atmosphere has risen by 40% since the Industrial Revolution. Quit talking out of your ass.This is when I know you haven't done your homework. Sorry, but over the past 400,000 years, temperatures have always shifted before CO2 levels. Up or down, CO2 was never the cause, only a by-product.

Bullshit. The right has been looking at the cold years and saying, "See! I told you so!"

Here's a site that goes into greater detail on that:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/petergleick/2012/02/05/global-warming-has-stopped-how-to-fool-people-using-cherry-picked-climate-data/#795a69e532f1
Accurate temperature measurements made from weather balloons and satellites since the late 1950s show no atmospheric warming since 1958. In contrast, averaged ground-based thermometers record a warming of about 0.40 C over the same time period. Many scientists believe that the thermometer record is biased by the Urban Heat Island effect and other artifacts.

Holes in the ozone layer have been closing, thanks to the left, who made laws that the right had to be dragged kicking and screaming into compliance with. More ice at the caps? Nope. In fact, the damage done at Greenland is now irreversible. Lakes dried up because humans blocked the rivers? You're speculating. Stop it. Lakes that don't even have rivers feeding into them have dried up.CFC banned in 1987...That would be the great savior Reagan. Good try on rewriting history though.

Ice at the caps, yes. at least 50% more. Unless you disbelieve NASA and the BBC reporting. "Irreversible"? Are you trying to say Greenland has never been free from Ice before? You do know we are technically still in an Ice age now right? Its been much warmer on the earth than now several times in the past.

Yes, some lakes have dried up cause of man blocking or diverting rivers. Other lakes have been formed. Other lakes have dried up cause humans have used the ground water for their crops. There are many reasons why lakes dry up, are you thinking of one in particular or are you speaking for 1 million lakes in the US alone?

You're arguing what should and shouldn't be law based on semantics of the word "human." Technically, if I wacked off into a cup, you'd have humans inside of that cup. All 23 pairs of human chromosomes are in every living cell, right?No, they aren't. Half of the chromosomes for a human are in sperm and the other half is in the egg. Put them together, what ya got?

The left argues this on a social basis, not a genetic one.Yes, and as such, denying science. If a human with a hormone imbalance goes on a killing spree because the voices in their head said to, we call that a mental health issue. When a group of people with a hormone imbalance have the highest rate of suicide, whether they are accepted or rejected, post op, pre op, closeted, outed, whatever their status is, the left "social basis" would never deem this as a mental health issue.

Dude, religion didn't take over the GOP until the 1970's. The GOP was even trying to fight it off, much in the same way that they're trying to fight off the Tea Party today. But the GOP lost, and the religious right runs it.Really? Lincoln wasn't religious? Christianity also isn't a monolithic political ideology. While you had abolitionist who were Christian claiming that having slaves was a sin, you had Christians claiming that it wasn't. Just like today, you have democrat Christians that claim Jesus was a socialist, and you have Christians who say he was libertarian. Do you really think Trump is part of the religious right?

Red State taking what Bill Nye said of out context? Shocker.“Was it appropriate to jail the guys from Enron?” Mr. Nye asked in a video interview with Climate Depot’s Marc Morano. “We’ll see what happens. Was it appropriate to jail people from the cigarette industry who insisted that this addictive product was not addictive, and so on?”
“In these cases, for me, as a taxpayer and voter, the introduction of this extreme doubt about climate change is affecting my quality of life as a public citizen,” Mr. Nye said. “So I can see where people are very concerned about this, and they’re pursuing criminal investigations as well as engaging in discussions like this.”

Weird, how is this out of context? Yeah, hes claiming his quality of life is being harmed and so he wants those who deny climate change to be criminally investigated, will it just stop after an investigation?

Wrong. By the way, aren't we supposed to be talking about science?
So, if I am wrong, you can give a citation right? Heres mine.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) notes that its analysis of wages by gender does “not control for many factors that can be significant in explaining earnings differences.”
http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-wage-gap-myth-that-wont-die-1443654408

Rusty Jones
04-26-2016, 01:49 PM
Standardized tests have been around for way longer than NCLB. And yes, Bush was a progressive Republican.

Oh, a No True Scotsman designed to absolve the right of its responsibility? "But Bush wasn't a REAL Republican!" Shocker.

This is when I know you haven't done your homework. Sorry, but over the past 400,000 years, temperatures have always shifted before CO2 levels. Up or down, CO2 was never the cause, only a by-product.

No, you haven't done yours. The current concentration is known for a fact to be the highest in the past 800,000; and is believed to be the highest in 20 million years.

Accurate temperature measurements made from weather balloons and satellites since the late 1950s show no atmospheric warming since 1958. In contrast, averaged ground-based thermometers record a warming of about 0.40 C over the same time period. Many scientists believe that the thermometer record is biased by the Urban Heat Island effect and other artifacts.

Where'd you cut and paste this from?

CFC banned in 1987...That would be the great savior Reagan. Good try on rewriting history though.

It was an international treaty that was ratified by the Democratic controlled Congress. Reagan gets no credit.

Ice at the caps, yes. at least 50% more. Unless you disbelieve NASA and the BBC reporting. "Irreversible"? Are you trying to say Greenland has never been free from Ice before? You do know we are technically still in an Ice age now right? Its been much warmer on the earth than now several times in the past.

The difference is that humans didn't exist back then, so it didn't matter whether or not there was any ice there.

Yes, some lakes have dried up cause of man blocking or diverting rivers. Other lakes have been formed. Other lakes have dried up cause humans have used the ground water for their crops. There are many reasons why lakes dry up, are you thinking of one in particular or are you speaking for 1 million lakes in the US alone?

Grasping at straws to say it's not climate change, are we?

No, they aren't. Half of the chromosomes for a human are in sperm and the other half is in the egg. Put them together, what ya got?

The point is that any living cell from the human body that retains all of the genetics, technically, is still "human." And that contributes to the big semantics debate on what defines a human that, quite frankly, I'm tired of and never meant to get into. Because, at the end of the day, the definition of "human" isn't what pro-choice is concerned with.

Yes, and as such, denying science.

You DO know the difference between denying science, and simply not using it as a basic for decision making... right? Or maybe you don't, never mind.

Really? Lincoln wasn't religious? Christianity also isn't a monolithic political ideology. While you had abolitionist who were Christian claiming that having slaves was a sin, you had Christians claiming that it wasn't. Just like today, you have democrat Christians that claim Jesus was a socialist, and you have Christians who say he was libertarian. Do you really think Trump is part of the religious right?

Democrat Christians claiming that Jesus was a socialist... okay, so where are the famous pastors on Robertson and Falwell's level that are preaching this, and endorsing Democratic candidates? Where does religion come up in Democratic debates?

Sure, I've seen Christians claim that Jesus was a socialist; but only when used as an argument against incompassionate conservative Christians. But when it comes to getting legislation passed based on their religious belief that Jesus was a socialist... where are these Christians? All I see are the conservation ones trying to get legislation passed based on THEIR interpretation of Christianity.

“Was it appropriate to jail the guys from Enron?” Mr. Nye asked in a video interview with Climate Depot’s Marc Morano. “We’ll see what happens. Was it appropriate to jail people from the cigarette industry who insisted that this addictive product was not addictive, and so on?”
“In these cases, for me, as a taxpayer and voter, the introduction of this extreme doubt about climate change is affecting my quality of life as a public citizen,” Mr. Nye said. “So I can see where people are very concerned about this, and they’re pursuing criminal investigations as well as engaging in discussions like this.”

Weird, how is this out of context? Yeah, hes claiming his quality of life is being harmed and so he wants those who deny climate change to be criminally investigated, will it just stop after an investigation?

LOL, read it more carefully. He's talking about corporations that continue practices that are harmful to the environment as a result of their denial of climate change. He's not talking about arresting every dumb redneck walking down the street claiming that there's no climate change.

So, if I am wrong, you can give a citation right? Heres mine.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) notes that its analysis of wages by gender does “not control for many factors that can be significant in explaining earnings differences.”
http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-wage-gap-myth-that-wont-die-1443654408

Sure, here's mine. When all factors are accounted for, women make 92% of what men make.

http://ftp.iza.org/dp9656.pdf

WILDJOKER5
04-26-2016, 02:41 PM
Oh, a No True Scotsman designed to absolve the right of its responsibility? "But Bush wasn't a REAL Republican!" Shocker.ignore the facts about standardized test before NCLB, shocker.

No, you haven't done yours. The current concentration is known for a fact to be the highest in the past 800,000; and is believed to be the highest in 20 million years.And we still aren't even close to the temps predicted. Shouldn't that tell you something? Temps dont follow CO2 levels.

Where'd you cut and paste this from?LOL, its still accurate. The high altitude weather ballons, those things we always use to check global temps, haven't recorded a rise in temps. Things like black tops, concrete, brick all hold on to heat and absorb more that just the plain dirt or grass. Those materials have been leading to the growth of surface temps, not CO2.

It was an international treaty that was ratified by the Democratic controlled Congress. Reagan gets no credit.Sure, give all the credit to congress and not the POTUS. Seems pretty reversed thinking there from normal credit given. Reagan still had to sign off on it just like everything else that comes through congress. Congress cant unilaterally agree to treaties without veto proof numbers, and if that was the case, then the GOP was involved.

The difference is that humans didn't exist back then, so it didn't matter whether or not there was any ice there.So more land is available for humans to inhabit? Sounds pretty good. Also, that means more O2 producing vegetation.

Grasping at straws to say it's not climate change, are we?To say that every lake is drying up because of "man made climate change" is grasping at straws really. Maybe some are because the weather system isn't monolithic, but there still isn't any proof that man is changing the climate through our actions. CO2 still has not been proven to change the climate, even your own data would suggest that it has no real effect on the climate since its so high and there hasn't been any "warming" since 1950's.

The point is that any living cell from the human body that retains all of the genetics, technically, is still "human." And that contributes to the big semantics debate on what defines a human that, quite frankly, I'm tired of and never meant to get into. Because, at the end of the day, the definition of "human" isn't what pro-choice is concerned with.Sperm doesn't retain all of the genetics, so there for its not "human". It has half of the genetics required for new life, it needs the egg to complete the sequence of DNA aka conception.

You DO know the difference between denying science, and simply not using it as a basic for decision making... right? Or maybe you don't, never mind.Don't use science as the basis of your argument, what are you doing? Going in the face of science, what are you doing? This logic is used against Christians all the time. Ben Carson believes in Creationism, many on the left will call him anti-science, but he was one of the best neuro-surgeons in the world.

Democrat Christians claiming that Jesus was a socialist... okay, so where are the famous pastors on Robertson and Falwell's level that are preaching this, and endorsing Democratic candidates? Where does religion come up in Democratic debates?Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton.

Sure, I've seen Christians claim that Jesus was a socialist; but only when used as an argument against uncompassionate conservative Christians. But when it comes to getting legislation passed based on their religious belief that Jesus was a socialist... where are these Christians? All I see are the conservation ones trying to get legislation passed based on THEIR interpretation of Christianity.Uncompassionate conservative Christians? Lol, because they wont have laws to force them to give more money than they already do to the government to be mishandled and wasted for the lazy and those who play the system? Conservative Christians are the most giving in the world. Hell, even Bernie Sanders and Obama don't give as much to charities. Those people on the left who claim to be "looking out for the little guy". Government cant pull people from poverty, only bring people down to poverty. Not only do you get Christian conservatives who voluntarily give more to charities, they also create the most jobs which allow people to help themselves. Those who would claim Jesus was a socialist are the one pushing for America to become more socialist. They are everywhere.

LOL, read it more carefully. He's talking about corporations that continue practices that are harmful to the environment as a result of their denial of climate change. He's not talking about arresting every dumb redneck walking down the street claiming that there's no climate change.
How many people went to jail from the EPA dumping tons of toxic sewage into rivers last year?

Sure, here's mine. When all factors are accounted for, women make 92% of what men make.

http://ftp.iza.org/dp9656.pdfThats a cute study, but it still didn't factor in which jobs men and women get into. Only part that I saw about that was when they excluded teachers.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-gender-pay-gap-is-a-complete-myth/

MikeKerriii
04-26-2016, 04:24 PM
That's not the right's platform and you know it. You are selecting a small fringe group and labeling it as "the right". Its not like the left who believes the earth has been at a constant temp for millions of years and only now starting to warm up after humans figured out how to burn oil. Or how the left doesn't believe that every human in the world has gone through the zygote stage but will still deny a zygote in the womb as human. The left will believe its not the gentiles you have that make up what sex you are, but what you FEEEEEEELz you are. Yeah, pretty scientific. That small fringe group managed to include every single on of the republican Presidential candidates in the last election cycle. and Includes one of the current Republican Candidates for President. It also includes the Head of the House Science committee

The left doesn't belie that the world has been a constant temperature for millions of years, Only a lunatic would believe that is true, and on a liar of someone completely clueless would say that the left believes that. that is not how AGW works, despite what some memes by idiots say.

WILDJOKER5
04-26-2016, 04:41 PM
That small fringe group managed to include every single on of the republican Presidential candidates in the last election cycle. and Includes one of the current Republican Candidates for President. It also includes the Head of the House Science committeeSo you can show me quotes from all of them saying that is their belief? Bet that never crossed Ron Paul's mouth. But maybe that's why he didn't get the nomination. Its amazing how the left is more interested in the religious faith of history of the right than what they actually stand for as a matter of policy today. Things that they believe happened millennia ago, but the left ignore what happened a few decades ago when socialism was tried in Europe and Asia.

The left doesn't belie that the world has been a constant temperature for millions of years, Only a lunatic would believe that is true, and on a liar of someone completely clueless would say that the left believes that. that is not how AGW works, despite what some memes by idiots say.
No, the left believes that CO2 causes temps to rise, but as I have been over this with Rusty, there is no evidence to support that theory. Historical or present time.

garhkal
04-26-2016, 05:18 PM
Source, please.

Hows about thse 2 for starts

http://www.redstate.com/joesquire/2016/03/11/attorney-general-admits-doj-discussed-going-climate-change-deniers/

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/03/10/us-attorney-general-we-may-prosecute-climate-change-deniers/

The left argues this on a social basis, not a genetic one.

Are they not the one claiming that Transgenders have mental issues which make them feel/think they are the other sex and to deny them the right to use the rooms they 'identify with' is going to compound that mental issue?
While then turning around, and saying whites are Inherently racist, cause its part of their DNA??

MikeKerriii
04-26-2016, 06:03 PM
So you can show me quotes from all of them saying that is their belief? Bet that never crossed Ron Paul's mouth. But maybe that's why he didn't get the nomination. Its amazing how the left is more interested in the religious faith of history of the right than what they actually stand for as a matter of policy today. Things that they believe happened millennia ago, but the left ignore what happened a few decades ago when socialism was tried in Europe and Asia. You can't find a single republican candidate saying they support evoltion, we have idiots from Christie to Cruz saying that Creationism should be taught

No, the left believes that CO2 causes temps to rise, but as I have been over this with Rusty, there is no evidence to support that theory. Historical or present time. CO2 does cause temperatures to rise, that is simple physics, Different light frequencies are absorbed at different rates and much of the suns energy is shifted in frequency when it is converted to thermal energy by absorption that energy, now shifted into the infrared is absorbed more becasue of increased CO2 levels instead of be radiated back into space. High school level physics. If you want to see the same effect on a smaller scale visit a greenhouse

Even if that was not true even if that were true you previous ca comment about what the left believe was still a pretty damned ignorant lie. The earth warms and cools in cycles, the CO2 we have been dumping into the atmosphere is just pushing that cycle towards a warmer climate, pushing it dammed hard in fact.

To believe it is a hoax you have to believe in a huge conspiracy of that serves on end purpose, Why would most of the scientific community lie to support something that serves no financial or political purpose? The money trail on the opposition is usually quite clear and the few nut-jobs that oppose the theory seem to be well financed by people whom have an economic interest in selling fossil fuels, It is simply Alex Jones level conspiracy theory written large, and well sponsored,

WILDJOKER5
04-26-2016, 06:25 PM
You can't find a single republican candidate saying they support evoltion, we have idiots from Christie to Cruz saying that Creationism should be taughtLOL, CHristie to CRuz huh? How are you doing this, alphabetical? Well, it shouldn't even be on the lips of the POTUS what kids are taught in schools, that should be left to the Mayor or governor at worst.

CO2 does cause temperatures to rise, that is simple physics, Different light frequencies are absorbed at different rates and much of the suns energy is shifted in frequency when it is converted to thermal energy by absorption that energy, now shifted into the infrared is absorbed more becasue of increased CO2 levels instead of be radiated back into space. High school level physics. If you want to see the same effect on a smaller scale visit a greenhouseThrough out history, 400,000 years at least, Temps have risen BEFORE CO2 levels. Even right now, Rusty says the CO2 levels are the highest they've been in 8 million years, yet we are still in an ice age, atmospheric temps (the kind without building influences) haven't changed in 65 years. Plus, Plants thrive more with more CO2, so really, its better for the environment.

Even if that was not true even if that were true you previous ca comment about what the left believe was still a pretty damned ignorant lie. The earth warms and cools in cycles, the CO2 we have been dumping into the atmosphere is just pushing that cycle towards a warmer climate, pushing it dammed hard in fact. So hard that nothing has changed in 65 years. The earth even cools off before CO2 levels go down. How can CO2 levels be sky high, and the earth still cool itself off before they drop? How can the CO2 level be "the highest its been in 8 million years", and humans are still alive, nothing has died off cause of astronomical heat waves.

To believe it is a hoax you have to believe in a huge conspiracy of that serves on end purpose, Why would most of the scientific community lie to support something that serves no financial or political purpose? The money trail on the opposition is usually quite clear and the few nut-jobs that oppose the theory seem to be well financed by people whom have an economic interest in selling fossil fuels, It is simply Alex Jones level conspiracy theory written large, and well sponsored,
MONEY. Those "scientist" work at universities who get huge grants from liberal politicians to push their agenda. Liberal politicians like Al Gore have made bank off the hype of global warming cult. Even private business owners have donated to politicians for a grant in return, ie solyndra. Never once has the government ever picked a business or innovation and backed the right person for the job. From the intercontinental rail road, to the first plane, to even the F-22 and F-35, every "investment" that the government makes with our money (assuming you pay income taxes) has been a complete waste of money. Even the businesses that the government runs directly, fail and lose money like Amtrak, or USPS.

Rainmaker
04-26-2016, 07:58 PM
You can't find a single republican candidate saying they support evoltion, we have idiots from Christie to Cruz saying that Creationism should be taught

You Just Gotta laugh whenever the Progressive Libtards start quoting the Racist "Theory of Evolution". The part they always leave out is that In his second book (Descent of Man) Darwin concluded that only 5% of the population is still evolving and the rest of them are evolutionary dead ends (that can't be improved).

So anyone want to take a guess at which group Darwin thinks makes up the 5% of us that are still evolving?...... Here I'll give you a little hint (from one of the most liberal newspapers in the Nation).....

http://articles.latimes.com/2009/feb/08/science/sci-evolution8

"For nearly all of human history, everyone in the world had brown eyes. Then, between 6,000 and 10,000 years ago, the first blue-eyed baby was born somewhere near the Black Sea. For some reason, that baby's descendants gained a 5% evolutionary advantage over their brown-eyed competitors, and today the number of people with blue eyes tops half a billion."

The theory of evolution has been used for over a century to justify all kinds of Heinous atrocities and yet the so called "progressives" are constantly lining up to promote it.

I've never understood it. Minorities must have a death pact with the Democratic party.

WILDJOKER5
04-26-2016, 08:21 PM
You Just Gotta laugh whenever the Progressive Libtards start quoting the Racist "Theory of Evolution". The part they always leave out is that In his second book (Descent of Man) Darwin concluded that only 5% of the population is still evolving and the rest of them are evolutionary dead ends (that can't be improved).

So anyone want to take a guess at which group Darwin thinks makes up the 5% of us that are still evolving?...... Here I'll give you a little hint (from one of the most liberal newspapers in the Nation).....

"For nearly all of human history, everyone in the world had brown eyes. Then, between 6,000 and 10,000 years ago, the first blue-eyed baby was born somewhere near the Black Sea. For some reason, that baby's descendants gained a 5% evolutionary advantage over their brown-eyed competitors, and today the number of people with blue eyes tops half a billion."

The theory of evolution has been used for over a century to justify all kinds of Heinous atrocities and yet the so called "progressives" are constantly lining up to promote it. I've never understood it. Minorities must have a death pact with the Democratic party.
And they call blacks in the GOP "sell outs". Go figure, since no one actually pays any black person to be a conservative. But the libs promise more and more the minority communities each election year.

Rusty Jones
04-26-2016, 09:46 PM

The theory of evolution has been used for over a century to justify all kinds of Heinous atrocities and yet the so called "progressives" are constantly lining up to promote it. I've never understood it. Minorities must have a death pact with the Democratic party.

That article says nothing about only 5% still evolving.

Rusty Jones
04-26-2016, 09:56 PM
And they call blacks in the GOP "sell outs". Go figure, since no one actually pays any black person to be a conservative.

That's debatable. Look at these black conservatives that pop up on Fox news. Old celebrities that have been out of work for a couple years, and probably need an inflow of cash to match that outflow. You know, people like Ben Carson and Stacey Dash.

Ever notice that in a room full of conservatives on TV, the black one never appears to be able to form an original thought? When Ben Carson was still running, and he was asked a question... he could never answer it. He'd come up with some motivational/inspirational sounding bullshit... bullshit that sounds cool, and gets the people clapping. Neither Ben Carson nor Stacey Dash are able to defend their positions when asked to do so.

Sure, while they're on Fox News... it's easy for them to say what's being spoonfed to them. But I think those spoonfeeders need to train those idiots on how to defend their positions when they're on their own.

But the libs promise more and more the minority communities each election year.

Funny, I don't see Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders saying "I'm going to give blacks and Latinos more money" or anything like that.

Has it ever occurred to you that liberals get the minority vote simply by not saying the thinly veiled racist shit that the conservatives that they're running against are saying?

WILDJOKER5
04-27-2016, 11:24 AM
That's debatable. Look at these black conservatives that pop up on Fox news. Old celebrities that have been out of work for a couple years, and probably need an inflow of cash to match that outflow. You know, people like Ben Carson and Stacey Dash.You don't think they were conservative, THEN got invited onto FNC?

Ever notice that in a room full of conservatives on TV, the black one never appears to be able to form an original thought? When Ben Carson was still running, and he was asked a question... he could never answer it. He'd come up with some motivational/inspirational sounding bullshit... bullshit that sounds cool, and gets the people clapping. Neither Ben Carson nor Stacey Dash are able to defend their positions when asked to do so.That sounds like every politician.

Sure, while they're on Fox News... it's easy for them to say what's being spoonfed to them. But I think those spoonfeeders need to train those idiots on how to defend their positions when they're on their own.Funny, cause when you look at a lot of the Trump protesters, they have been paid to be out there protesting. You are talking about two possible useful idiots, while there have been thousands of proven paid off "liberals". What about 50 cent?

Do you think Al Sharpton is a sell out? Jesse Jackson? They have been paid millions, and Al especially has trouble speaking an original thought even with his own TV show.

Funny, I don't see Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders saying "I'm going to give blacks and Latinos more money" or anything like that.LOL, just $125 BILLION.
http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2016/02/16/in-speech-on-ending-racism-hillary-clinton-offers-125-billion-plan-to-help-poor-minorities/?_r=1

Has it ever occurred to you that liberals get the minority vote simply by not saying the thinly veiled racist shit that the conservatives that they're running against are saying?
You mean like how Dems say blacks are inferior to whites, that's why we need affirmative action still? Oh, sorry, its worded like, "Because of racism, minorities cant get IDs to vote like whites can (just IDs for everything else)". Or, "Because of slavery, minorities disserve a boost to their college entrance exams."

Rainmaker
04-27-2016, 02:35 PM
MONEY. Those "scientist" work at universities who get huge grants from liberal politicians to push their agenda. Liberal politicians like Al Gore have made bank off the hype of global warming cult. Even private business owners have donated to politicians for a grant in return, ie solyndra.

20 years from now, the whole global warming scam is going to be just another outdated fad. They've already renamed it to the more ambiguous 'climate change' (which used to be called 'The Weather').

I can remember as a school kid in the dark ages of the 1970's, we missed so many snow days for a couple of years in a row, that we had to go to school on Saturdays to make them up.

We sat in class silently pissing and moaning to ourselves about having to miss cartoons and playing football and discussing boring historical events like the medieval warming period and little ice age and the major repercussions they caused.

Of course today's little Marxist indoctrinated zealots have been dumbed down to the point that they're more likely to be able to tell you about fringe characters in history (like Crispus Attucks, Harriet Tubman and the guy who's falsely credited with inventing Peanut butter) than the Reformation and Renaissance, Major European Explorers, or America's Founding Fathers. so what else can you expect?

It's Just another stop on the highway to an international socialist Utopia, Where there are no whites around to ruin it and Unicorns are Shitting purple skittles.

garhkal
04-27-2016, 06:14 PM
That's debatable. Look at these black conservatives that pop up on Fox news. Old celebrities that have been out of work for a couple years, and probably need an inflow of cash to match that outflow. You know, people like Ben Carson and Stacey Dash.

And what about Al Sharptongue, or jessie jackson. THey always seem to be going after money, more so tham Ms Dash/carson etc. Plus unlike ms Dash etc, you always see Shartongue and co, always ranting about discrimination/racism/people not paying their fair share etc, but i STILL have not heard if Al has paid all the 4+ MILLION in back taxes that loafer owes...

Ever notice that in a room full of conservatives on TV, the black one never appears to be able to form an original thought? When Ben Carson was still running, and he was asked a question... he could never answer it. He'd come up with some motivational/inspirational sounding bullshit... bullshit that sounds cool, and gets the people clapping. Neither Ben Carson nor Stacey Dash are able to defend their positions when asked to do so.

No i have not noticed that, and i watch outnumbered darn near all the time...

Funny, I don't see Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders saying "I'm going to give blacks and Latinos more money" or anything like that.

And what do you think the whole "we will make college free" is??