PDA

View Full Version : National Archive Reenlistment

Mjölnir
03-15-2016, 12:07 PM
So, in the last few weeks I have reenlisted two Sailors in the National Archives directly in front of the Constitution. The Security Director is a veteran and has let us in about 30 minutes before they opened and let us enter the rotunda, do the ceremony and take some pictures before the doors open to the public.

I don't want to post the number publicly but if anyone in the DC area wants it or is interested ... send me a PM and I will get it to you.

Having the run of the rotunda for 30 minutes was awesome. I was able to look at the documents and take my time to read them ... the originals.

Ironically, the security folks don't let folks take photos during the day but let us take all we wanted (no flash) while we were there ... obligatory photo:

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f273/fjellmjolnir/Reenlistment_zps7po30zdn.jpg

retiredAFcivvy
03-16-2016, 03:26 PM
So, in the last few weeks I have reenlisted two Sailors in the National Archives directly in front of the Constitution. The Security Director is a veteran and has let us in about 30 minutes before they opened and let us enter the rotunda, do the ceremony and take some pictures before the doors open to the public.

I don't want to post the number publicly but if anyone in the DC area wants it or is interested ... send me a PM and I will get it to you.

Having the run of the rotunda for 30 minutes was awesome. I was able to look at the documents and take my time to read them ... the originals.

Ironically, the security folks don't let folks take photos during the day but let us take all we wanted (no flash) while we were there ... obligatory photo:

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f273/fjellmjolnir/Reenlistment_zps7po30zdn.jpg
Awesome reminder that supporting and defending the constitution is part of the Oath of Enlistment!

UncaRastus
03-16-2016, 04:38 PM
I heard that certain documents are missing, and replaced with crudely done replicas, complete with crayon writing, and also with, 'The US Coast Guard Did This' found in place of a couple of the missing documents.

Mjölnir
03-17-2016, 03:24 PM
I heard that certain documents are missing, and replaced with crudely done replicas, complete with crayon writing, and also with, 'The US Coast Guard Did This' found in place of a couple of the missing documents.

Wasn't me ... I can't spell

UncaRastus
03-17-2016, 05:50 PM
Great attempt at obfuscating the investigation! Stick with that story, my man!

MikeMcG
12-14-2016, 07:09 PM
Is there any chance you could pass the details and contact information to setup a reenlistment at the Archives? I am hoping to have my package back shortly and would like to try to swear my oath in front of the Constitution.