PDA

View Full Version : Top Wounded Warriro Execs Ousted After Probe

sparks82
03-11-2016, 02:47 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/03/11/wounded-warriors-top-execs-ousted-after-financial-review/81635288/

It was probably in response to pressure from media stories but - I haven't heard too many good things about WWP in the last few years. I have heard a good story here and there but most people have said they've been turned away by the program. I have read multiple stories on how they sue smaller charities who simply have the word "wounded" and/or "warrior" in their name and end up shutting them down because the legal bills take up all the money.

If it is true they were spending money on lavish conferences and such than someone did need to go. More probably need to go because it obviously wasn't a secret what was going on.

garhkal
03-11-2016, 05:50 PM
While its good they are ousted, i do feel if they were doing that level of stuff why didnt they get arrested for fraud/embezzlement etc/??

sparks82
03-11-2016, 06:03 PM
While its good they are ousted, i do feel if they were doing that level of stuff why didnt they get arrested for fraud/embezzlement etc/??

It doesn't sound like there was an embezzlement and fraud - they probably wrote it off somehow. They aren't dealing with the financials alone so some other people were involved too. Not sure but it all sounds a bit shady.

MikeKerriii
03-12-2016, 04:57 AM

What they did was sleazy as hell, but within the law, like Trumps fundraiser for the fake veterans charity on the Missouri.