PDA

View Full Version : Is it time?

sandsjames
02-23-2016, 04:02 PM
Can we officially put the nail in the coffin of this forum?

UncaRastus
02-23-2016, 04:12 PM
Every year, around this time, activity drops to near zero.

sandsjames
02-23-2016, 06:13 PM
Every year, around this time, activity drops to near zero.

I always noticed a drop off, but never this bad. 3-4 days between single posts across the entire forum seems to be pretty common since the beginning of the year. Maybe it's just election fatigue.

UncaRastus
02-23-2016, 06:45 PM
That very well could be. It seems that the radio and the TV is full of political commentary, with the upcoming election.

Mjölnir
02-24-2016, 12:18 AM
It seems that most of the talk these days is not related to the military but is political or social issues oriented; those topics tend to be very energetic but do little to be a real discussion.

I will agree, The arguing matches tend to offer little.

Mjölnir
02-24-2016, 12:18 AM
It seems that most of the talk these days is not related to the military but is political or social issues oriented; those topics tend to be very energetic but do little to be a real discussion.

I will agree, The arguing matches tend to offer little.

Rainmaker
02-24-2016, 01:51 AM
I always noticed a drop off, but never this bad. 3-4 days between single posts across the entire forum seems to be pretty common since the beginning of the year. Maybe it's just election fatigue.

Awww, somebody is bored! I don't see you posting any interesting topics for discussion since you've come back. besides "waaaaah!"

sandsjames
02-24-2016, 12:19 PM
Awww, somebody is bored! I don't see you posting any interesting topics for discussion since you've come back. besides "waaaaah!"

Nobody has posted any interesting topics. You simply post the same topic over and over...

Rainmaker
02-24-2016, 01:07 PM
Nobody has posted any interesting topics. You simply post the same topic over and over...

Didn't you see Rainmaker's recent post about the dude throwing a gator thru the drive thru window? WERE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED??!!

Then put something up for discussion. There's lots to talk about. But, not all of us have some cushy 4 day a week GS job with 15 minute breaks every half hour. I grossed $422K this year. This country is a mess And You're going to have to start pulling your weight around here.

Rainmaker
02-24-2016, 01:29 PM
By the way.. lose the stupid disclaimer. You have a typo in it, and it takes up too much screen space on my IPhone...... Speaking of which.... Are we really supposed to believe that the FBI doesn't have the capability to hack a 4 digit PIN on an IPhone??

Rainmaker
02-24-2016, 01:43 PM

The forum has largely evolved into a political board for vets. Most of the active duty left today are Politically indoctrinated Obamabots, or they don't want to risk posting an honest opinion on social media for fear of reprisals from the "diversity " police .

sandsjames
02-24-2016, 01:45 PM
By the way.. lose the stupid disclaimer. You have a typo in it, and it takes up too much screen space on my IPhone...... Speaking of which.... Are we really supposed to believe that the FBI doesn't have the capability to hack a 4 digit PIN on an IPhone??

What the fuck are you talking about?

sandsjames
02-24-2016, 01:47 PM
The forum has largely evolved into a political board for vets. Most of the active duty left today are Politically indoctrinated Obamabots, or they don't want to risk posting an honest opinion on social media for fear of reprisals from the "diversity " police .

Exactly my point. There used to be discussions about military related issues, at least occasionally. Now everything is politics. And even if it isn't, you and Mike turn it in to politics or, more accurately, the same canned bullet points you always argue.

MikeKerriii
02-24-2016, 02:40 PM

Pay attention, the problem is that the have a maximum of ten tries to hack the 4 digit pin, if they dont'y get it in 10 the phone wipes its memory. They they are not demanding that apple hack the pin but to cripple the security software that protects the pin from brute force attacks.

sandsjames
02-24-2016, 02:43 PM
Pay attention, the problem is that the have a maximum of ten tries to hack the 4 digit pin, if they dont'y get it in 10 the phone wipes its memory. They they are not demanding that apple hack the pin but to cripple the security software that protects the pin from brute force attacks.This entire conversation, and this is what you focus on? WTF dude...

Rainmaker
02-24-2016, 03:15 PM
Exactly my point. There used to be discussions about military related issues, at least occasionally.

Rainmaker retired in 2011 and quit his DoD GS-13 Program Manager job with no notice on 1 Oct. 2013 (after they furloughed him following a 12 hour work day, while all the incompetent, overpaid, retired colonel, O&M funded, support contractors came back in to "work")

So, these days I'm not really into those issues as much. But, do have a 23 year old son that's an Infantry officer, so I try and contribute my 2 cents to those discussions wherever It's relevant. But, it's no longer my priority. It should be up to the active duty to keep that going.

Now everything is politics.

This is why we post our Opinions in the "Politics and Government", "In the news" and "In other "News"" Forums.

If you want to have riveting discussions with the rest of the Obamabots about Tee Shirt colors and DoD's latest Guatemalan, Lesbian Heritage month celebration, then there's a forum for that.

And even if it isn't, you and Mike turn it in to politics or, more accurately, the same canned bullet points you always argue.

I enjoy the banter with Mike. Even though Mike's a blind, deaf mute with no opposable thumbs and almost always wrong, at least he has a point of view.... It's much more interesting than listening to your constant whining "why can't we all get along" and then being too dumb to even comprehend "what the fuck" we are talking about.

So quit bitching and post something interesting that you'd like to discuss. Or don't, because we really don't give a shit if you're entertained.

sandsjames
02-24-2016, 03:29 PM
Rainmaker retired in 2011 and quit his DoD GS-13 Program Manager job with no notice on 1 Oct. 2013 (after they furloughed him following a 12 hour work day, while, all the overpaid, supplemental , O&M funded support contractors came back in to "work")

So, these days I'm not really into those issues as much. But, do have a 23 year old son that's an Infantry officer, so I try and contribute my 2 cents to those discussions where I can. But, it's no longer my priority. It should be up to the active duty to keep that going.

This is why we post our Opinions in the "Politics and Government", "In the news" and "In other "News"" Forums. If you want to have riveting discussions with the rest of the Obamabots about Tee Shirt colors and DoD's latest Guatemalan, Lesbian Heritage month effort, then there's a forum for that.

I enjoy the banter with Mike. Even though Mike's a blind, deaf mute with no opposable thumbs and almost always wrong, at least he has a point of view.... It's much more interesting than listening to your constant whining "why can't we all get along" and then being too dumb to even comprehend "what the fuck" we are talking about.

So quit bitching and post something interesting that you'd like to discuss. Or don't, because we really don't give a shit if you're entertained.

I'm the dumb one huh? I suppose that's true. I see your intelligence on display almost every day. You're like Rubio when he got called out for the one prepared statement and still continued to hit on that one prepared statement. You have no game. It's easy, the majority of the time, to figure out what the fuck you are talking about because it's only one thing.

What I find interesting is that you actually believe you are entertaining. You spout your shit about how much you make, for some unknown reason...you're pathetic...a little piece of self-important shit. You can't make a coherent argument about anything...and when called out about it you pretend that you're some sort of "character" just playing a part...but you aren't. You're in so deep with your conspiracy theories that you can't even comprehend reality anymore.

So, at the risk of being banned from this very exciting forum and not being able to get involved with the exciting "discussion" between the 3 people who actually post on here...go fuck yourself. And I mean that in the absolute sincerest way. You're a joke. You're pathetic. Without these forums, you wouldn't be a blip on anyone's screen. The best way to describe you is "insignificant".

USN - Retired
02-24-2016, 03:49 PM

Who here remembers the "Are military spouses civilians?" thread on this forum? That thread was deleted many years ago, but there was plenty of activity on that thread. That thread went over one hundred pages. Many military housewives joined into that discussion, and they were very touchy about that subject. It was all great fun for an internet troll like me.

Rainmaker
02-24-2016, 03:51 PM
I'm the dumb one huh? I suppose that's true. I see your intelligence on display almost every day. You're like Rubio when he got called out for the one prepared statement and still continued to hit on that one prepared statement. You have no game. It's easy, the majority of the time, to figure out what the fuck you are talking about because it's only one thing.

What I find interesting is that you actually believe you are entertaining. You spout your shit about how much you make, for some unknown reason...you're pathetic...a little piece of self-important shit. You can't make a coherent argument about anything...and when called out about it you pretend that you're some sort of "character" just playing a part...but you aren't. You're in so deep with your conspiracy theories that you can't even comprehend reality anymore.

So, at the risk of being banned from this very exciting forum and not being able to get involved with the exciting "discussion" between the 3 people who actually post on here...go fuck yourself. And I mean that in the absolute sincerest way. You're a joke. You're pathetic. Without these forums, you wouldn't be a blip on anyone's screen. The best way to describe you is "insignificant".

Ok so after 5,000 posts you don't want to talk about politics or current events and you're having a hissy fit and now want to get yourself banned..... Don't let the door hit you in the vagina on the way out.

sandsjames
02-24-2016, 04:00 PM
Ok so after 5,000 posts you don't want to talk about politics or current events and you're having a hissy fit and now want to get yourself banned..... Don't let the door hit you in the vagina on the way out.You really believe you talk about politics? You're even further gone than I thought.

I see what you did with the "vagina" comment. Very good stuff...funny...'cuz I'm acting like a woman...and women have...haha...creative.

sandsjames
02-24-2016, 04:02 PM
Who here remembers the "Are military spouses civilians?" thread on this forum? That thread was deleted many years ago, but there was plenty of activity on that thread. That thread went over one hundred pages. Many military housewives joined into that discussion, and they were very touchy about that subject. It was all great fun for an internet troll like me.

It is fun to have discussions like that. The problem is that there aren't any threads anymore that don't devolve into a Rainmaker/Mikekerrii back and forth about nothing.

Rainmaker
02-24-2016, 04:04 PM
Who here remembers the "Are military spouses civilians?" thread on this forum?

I Remember The good old days Old salt!.....Actually my life's dream has been to run off every last poster on this forum and then turn it into my own personal blog..... With Sandjames out of the way, You and Mike (and a couple Moderators) are all that's standing between my destroying the Military Times Forums and realizing this sinister goal.

Apparently I really am that good!

Rainmaker
02-24-2016, 05:06 PM
Pay attention, the problem is that the have a maximum of ten tries to hack the 4 digit pin, if they dont'y get it in 10 the phone wipes its memory. They they are not demanding that apple hack the pin but to cripple the security software that protects the pin from brute force attacks.

So, the FBI can't hack an IPhone?? Yeah, Right. And When has that Butt Pirate Tim Cook ever turned down a Backdoor?..... That faggot should be thrown jail.

Anyway, This whole thing is total Bullshit. They want the Sheeples thinking that their Idiot Phones are "secure".

Plus Apple makes shit products and now that the free Fed Money spigot is going to get turned off, risk free speculation is getting out of the market and The Stock is gonna be plummeting and they think this will help with sales

Mjölnir
02-24-2016, 05:59 PM

In some ways I would agree. I don't think most are politically indoctrinated one way or the other. I have a pretty divergent set of political ideas (in some areas I am fairly progressive/liberal and in others lean very conservative.) For me (personally) it is more based on an issue to issue stance vice the 'platform'.

Yes, on active duty we have to be mindful of what we say, that said, the anonymity of an internet forum is a good thing.

I will admit, I grow tired of the back and forth here since it is more like venting than anything else. I don't think you will be changing MikeKerriii's mind anymore than I think he will change Rainmaker's ... it kind of devolves into:

http://theblogaday.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/How_Internet_Arguments_Work.png

Once it gets into the silly back and forth, the personal insults ensue and it generally is not a conversation I personally want to participate in ... no offense ... just not my thing. Then I end up feeling like:

http://blog.qsample.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/internet-argument8.jpg

Rainmaker
02-24-2016, 06:34 PM
In some ways I would agree. I don't think most are politically indoctrinated one way or the other. I have a pretty divergent set of political ideas (in some areas I am fairly progressive/liberal and in others lean very conservative.) For me (personally) it is more based on an issue to issue stance vice the 'platform'.

Yes, on active duty we have to be mindful of what we say, that said, the anonymity of an internet forum is a good thing.

I will admit, I grow tired of the back and forth here since it is more like venting than anything else. I don't think you will be changing MikeKerriii's mind anymore than I think he will change Rainmaker's ... it kind of devolves into:

http://theblogaday.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/How_Internet_Arguments_Work.png

Once it gets into the silly back and forth, the personal insults ensue and it generally is not a conversation I personally want to participate in ... no offense ... just not my thing. Then I end up feeling like:

]

So, you're just going to stand there and let him make a mockery of your authority by insulting 1/3rd of the remaining members of the forum with impunity like that??!!

And I'm such a friendly guy..... that, I just don't see why sandsjames keeps criticizing me...Because, Unlike some people we know (absinthe anecdote)....Rainmaker never made fun of him for his inability to get promoted or even pass a basic PT test or for teaching teenage girls how to fix MEP 5's for a living and as you know (from reading my IPhone), When they used to PM me telling me what a Homo he was, It was me who always stuck up for him!

Besides, I worked extra hard last year (to support the tax payer subsidized life style, he enjoys) and when he was off finding himself (by reading poetry and listening to Enya and whatever else he was doing to turn himself into the giant douchebag that he's become) Rainmaker was here 'putting on the whole armor of God' & single handedly defending Western Christendom from those Leftist agitprop Hasbara troll attacks alone..... And now that the hard work is done and the menace is gone, this is the thanks I get from that ingrate? Unfortunately, I guess the saying is true..... No good deed goes unpunished. Nomsayin Commander?

MikeKerriii
02-24-2016, 06:40 PM
This entire conversation, and this is what you focus on? WTF dude...

It was the only part of the conversion dealing with fact not opinion.

UncaRastus
02-24-2016, 07:35 PM
Rainmaker, Mjolnir is too busy doing important stuff to be reading your IPhone.

That being said, stop ordering artillery rounds for your 105s, at the compound. Ordering from an IPhone, using Amazon is a bit nonsecure.

A word to the wise is sufficient.

Rollyn01
02-24-2016, 10:56 PM
Speaking of which, hey Rainmaker, the bill for the water purifier for the bunker came in. I was going to charge it but the damn thing cost 300k. You sure you really want this? I could have gotten it for $300 if I knew ahead of time. You really need to get to updating that inventory list. Or are you too busy waiting on your hero "The Donald" to pay for all this junk? Seriously, what do we need a purifier that can make espresso at the flip of a switch for?