PDA

View Full Version : Good News for the A-10

retiredAFcivvy
02-08-2016, 05:10 PM
Sounds like the A-10 will be around for a while longer. Good Decision. Good news for Mid-MO. Sorry Unca, You'll just have to put up with those Warthogs buzzing over.

UncaRastus
02-08-2016, 05:43 PM
Sounds like the A-10 will be around for a while longer. Good Decision. Good news for Mid-MO. Sorry Unca, You'll just have to put up with those Warthogs buzzing over.

I like the A 10s. They used to use the water tower, about 100 yards from my house, as a turning point for their training missions. Until the water tower was taken down. They still do use the area, though.

We were at Whiteman AFB last week, to get Angie's Mil ID renewed. While returning, we got to see a bunch of the B2s overflying us. Them boys be sneaky! And a mile or two away, they seem to disappear. Seeing as their profiles are pretty slim, I reckon that would be a part of their stealth, beyond the angles, and the special materials used in making them. Plus, they are pretty low noise, also.

UncaRastus
02-10-2016, 02:49 PM

You know that I need the adrenaline rush, from when the A10s are doing their bridge strafing training missions