PDA

View Full Version : Teen turned down by Marines for his Tattoo

UncaRastus
01-23-2016, 08:54 PM
I do believe that all of the branches would turn this guy down, for having this tat.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3412099/Arkansas-teen-turned-away-Marines-Confederate-flag-tattoo.html

garhkal
01-23-2016, 09:35 PM
And why is that?? Just cause of last year's firestorm over the confederate flag being racist (which i feel is a total load of BS)??

UncaRastus
01-23-2016, 09:53 PM
The Marines have turned back the thing of 'no showing tats' to tats anywhere but the face. Not the face!

None of the armed forces will allow the old Stars and Bars. I believe that they won't allow anything about how the recipient would like to kill the President, either.

Just guessing on the President thing, though.

Rainmaker
01-23-2016, 11:57 PM
If the kid shows back up in a couple of months, with Filthy cornrows and a rainbow tramp stamp, he'll get in.

MikeKerriii
01-24-2016, 01:21 PM
And why is that?? Just cause of last year's firestorm over the confederate flag being racist (which i feel is a total load of BS)??
Thew same reason that they would h ban someone who was wearing a swastika from enlisting, "prejudicial to good order and discipline " is the phrase that applies.

Why enlist an avowed racist wearing a symbol of treason against the US?

garhkal
01-24-2016, 07:41 PM
By that logic someone wearing the UK flag would not be allowed in, since we DID rebel against them. BUT i know quite a few people who have had the uK flag tattooed on them.

And it's only recently cause of last year's frakas about the confederate flag, it has 'become contrary to good order and discipline.. When i enlisted in 91, i had 5 people in the 91 member Meps group i joined up with which had stars and bars. 8 in our boot camp company (and 4 in our brother company), and well over 2 dozen on my first carrier. NOT One of them were told "you can't have that tattoo as its contrary to good order and discipline.

MikeKerriii
01-25-2016, 01:42 AM
By that logic someone wearing the UK flag would not be allowed in, since we DID rebel against them. BUT i know quite a few people who have had the uK flag tattooed on them.

And it's only recently cause of last year's frakas about the confederate flag, it has 'become contrary to good order and discipline.. When i enlisted in 91, i had 5 people in the 91 member Meps group i joined up with which had stars and bars. 8 in our boot camp company (and 4 in our brother company), and well over 2 dozen on my first carrier. NOT One of them were told "you can't have that tattoo as its contrary to good order and discipline. It has been seen a as a symbol of hate for a significant part of the mitary population for a long time. the bigots just can't get away with that BS anymore.

It has never stood for anything else than treason and hate, The flag was created for troops who had the sole goal of killing US military personnel It was never used for any other purpose. The British flag is the flag of an enemy that has become one of our best friends, The Confederate flag is still the flag of people advocating treason and violence in support of, as Grant put it, One of the most evil causes in human history, it is praising treason against the nation he want s to serve. Even Lee advocated that it be forgotten.

Rainmaker
01-25-2016, 03:24 PM
I'm offended whenever I see blacks running around base with those slave-like upside down horseshoe brands on their arms.

I wanted to join their fraternity. But, the racist black separatists wouldn't let me in!

Now, remembering the institution of slavery makes me feel really badly (because of my white privilege) and I deserve and demand to have a "safe space" from those painful memories whenever I come on to a Military Installation!

Besides. Didn't anyone ever tell these idiots (still branding themselves like cattle) that if you hang a horseshoe upside down all the good luck will run out of it?