PDA

View Full Version : Powerball

Rusty Jones
01-14-2016, 04:07 PM
So three people get to split $1.5 billion.

How much did you spend on lottery tickets, and how close were you? I spent $65. That's 30 lines, plus the power play option. Didn't come close. My best one was two numbers (no powerball). Even if I got the powerball in addition to those two numbers, I still wouldn't get anywhere near enough to cover the $65 that I spent.

Here in Virginia, you're better off with scratch cards and I'm just learning this. With $20 scratch cards, your odds of winning the top prize - usually AT LEAST $3 million - is roughly 1 in 1.5 million (depending on which $20 scratch card you choose). That's far better than the 1 in 292 million for the Powerball or Mega Millions. And even if you buy cheaper scratch cards, at least you have high chances of winning SOMETHING - even if it's just your money back.

garhkal
01-14-2016, 06:37 PM
I did 2 lines (no power play option) this week, and did 3 lines over the weekend. Got 1 number on one of the 3 lines for Sat's drawing (no cash value) and was one number high or low for 2 numbers for last night's drawing... I had 9 and 20 (9th for september, my bro's birth month and 20 for # of years i was in the mil).. and 8 and 19 were 2 of the winning #s..

Mjölnir
01-14-2016, 09:32 PM
I hit the lottery every day when I see my daughter.

And by that, I won no money whatsoever :(

sandsjames
01-15-2016, 11:47 AM
Spent $20...got the number 8 on two lines.