PDA

View Full Version : Course 14 and testing for SMSgt

Bunch
01-08-2016, 05:18 AM
Is the requirement for having Course 14 done by PECD of 30 Sep in order to be able to test for SMSgt a requirement commonly known accross the operational AF? Im still in a recruiting unit and just found about it because after coming from convalescent leave and inquire about testing date I was informed I was ineligible because I completed my Course 14 outside the PECD date. I was told a while back that Course 14 was going to be a requirement but never heard the PECD requirement.And all this time vpmf shows me as "promotion elegible" what a joke of a website.

SomeRandomGuy
01-08-2016, 01:42 PM
Is the requirement for having Course 14 done by PECD of 30 Sep in order to be able to test for SMSgt a requirement commonly known accross the operational AF? Im still in a recruiting unit and just found about it because after coming from convalescent leave and inquire about testing date I was informed I was ineligible because I completed my Course 14 outside the PECD date. I was told a while back that Course 14 was going to be a requirement but never heard the PECD requirement.And all this time vpmf shows me as "promotion elegible" what a joke of a website.

Don't most people complete Course 14 as a TSgt? I'd assume that's why they know nothing about this requirement. From what I've always heard, people get heavy pressure to get it done as a TSgt from their leadership.

giggawatt
01-08-2016, 02:16 PM
I'm not sure it's known across the board to be able to test but in order to be considered for Senior, you need to have it on your records before the PECD. Whatever is on your record prior to the PECD is what the board will see. So it stands to reason that you should have Course 14 completed by the PECD. Making you ineligible to test is not something that I was aware of it.

Bunch
01-08-2016, 02:44 PM
Don't most people complete Course 14 as a TSgt? I'd assume that's why they know nothing about this requirement. From what I've always heard, people get heavy pressure to get it done as a TSgt from their leadership.

Thats changed now. TSgt need at least a line number to be able to enroll in course 14. And its a bad product overall.. Thousands of slides CBT style on a awful website for one test of less than 50 questions. I remember my unit telling us MSgts, in early 2015, to do course 14 if not promotion and reenlistment could be in trouble but never heard of the PECD requirement.

Bunch
01-08-2016, 02:47 PM
I'm not sure it's known across the board to be able to test but in order to be considered for Senior, you need to have it on your records before the PECD. Whatever is on your record prior to the PECD is what the board will see. So it stands to reason that you should have Course 14 completed by the PECD. Making you ineligible to test is not something that I was aware of it.

You are right, it stands to reason, still wish I knew about it.

UncaRastus
01-08-2016, 09:55 PM
If our hero Bowe Bergdahl can make sergeant without having to be tested (in the Army), I think that you have it locked down as a promotion.

;)

Rainmaker
01-08-2016, 10:11 PM
If our hero Bowe Bergdahl can make sergeant without having to be tested (in the Army), I think that you have it locked down as a promotion.

;)

Bunch first needs to find some enemy combatants to surrender to.

Bunch, How far are you from the Malheur National wildlife refuge Headquarters?

Is it too far to walk?

Modus
01-11-2016, 07:47 PM
I would say your supervisor let you down...mentorship...grooming?

sandsjames
01-11-2016, 09:26 PM
I know it's nitpicky, but isn't it Course 15 now?

Max Power
01-12-2016, 12:20 AM

Completely different course.

sandsjames
01-12-2016, 01:57 AM
Completely different course.

Ahhh...ok...

AFKILO7
01-29-2016, 02:23 AM
I never opened the slides for Course 14, I just scheduled a test to see how I would do...I accidentally passed the first time. It isn't that difficult.

Rusty Jones
05-30-2016, 11:20 PM

It's bass ackwards, but Course 15 is NCOA and Course 14 is SNCOA.