PDA

View Full Version : Reports confirm Patriots lost to Jets on purpose to avoid playing Steelers in playoff

Rusty Jones
01-01-2016, 07:11 PM
http://lockerdome.com/6170048381332289/8347684008422417

Reports out of New England and sources close to Bill Belichick are confirming he admitted in private that he feared facing the Steelers in the playoffs, so that is why they chose to kickoff and throw the game in OT. Bill Belichick is a cheater and this wouldn't surprise us. Convincingly enough, this all happened just minutes after the Steelers lost to the Ravens. Sources close to the Patriots said that Belichick would never openly admit he was afraid of any team, but this was certainly the case. With a chance to lock up home field advantage through the NFL playoffs on the line, the New England Patriots dropped a hard-fought overtime game against the New York Jets on Sunday. The win gives the Jets a major boost in the AFC playoff picture, especially given the Pittsburgh Steelers' surprising loss to the Baltimore Ravens.

However, it didn't take long for the Twitter conspiracy theorists to come out with their own ideas of what happened. To some, Sunday's loss wasn't an example of the Jets rising up with a big win, it was Bill Belichick playing mind games with the rest of the NFL. That's right: Some fans are claiming the Patriots lost on purpose to manipulate playoff positioning.

In recent weeks, the Steelers have emerged as a dark horse in the AFC playoff picture. With quarterback Ben Roethlisberger back from injury, the Steelers offense has developed into one of the most dangerous in the AFC. Meanwhile, the Jets are not as considered as potent a threat, especially if the Patriots were to get a playoff rematch with multiple key players back from injury.

Mjölnir
01-01-2016, 07:39 PM
I wonder if that breaks some NFL rule or something. It may not be 'sporting' but it may be a legit strategic move.

Any thoughts on it overall? I don't follow sports too close (#commencemockery) so don't really know about the teams involved.

Along those lines, would a team who did poorly all year throwing the last game or two of the season to get a better place in the draft be 'cheating'?

Rusty Jones
01-02-2016, 12:26 PM
I wonder if that breaks some NFL rule or something. It may not be 'sporting' but it may be a legit strategic move.

Any thoughts on it overall? I don't follow sports too close (#commencemockery) so don't really know about the teams involved.

Along those lines, would a team who did poorly all year throwing the last game or two of the season to get a better place in the draft be 'cheating'?

There's no rule against it.

I'm stuck between a rock and hard place here. I'm quick to say that this is very revealing of Belichik's character but, at the same time, how many of us here would've done the exact same thing?

I didn't see this game, as I was working my second job when it was on. However, I'm also wondering if there was some cooperation between Bill Belichick and Todd Bowles; as could be evidenced by both teams slowing the clock throughout the game and agreeing to keep a tie so that the game could go into OT - thus giving Belichick time to see the results of the Steelers-Ravens game.

Mjölnir
01-02-2016, 01:48 PM
I'm stuck between a rock and hard place here. I'm quick to say that this is very revealing of Belichik's character but, at the same time, how many of us here would've done the exact same thing?

I am all about giving it your all every time but if the organization is okay with a short term loss for the long range win ... he is doing what he needs to do to achieve that long range win.

Max Power
01-02-2016, 04:57 PM
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/c3/c36aa6221d5bfe47b66e083e823d0796bfeb24423ee3ee8915 b43d04a1f3edfe.jpg

retiredAFcivvy
01-02-2016, 05:49 PM
I don't really follow pro football that much, but anytime I hear about "throwing a game in any sport it sure conjures thoughts of the Chicago black sox.

Bunch
01-05-2016, 02:31 AM
The Patriots cheating!!? Never in a million years!!!

Mjölnir
01-05-2016, 03:22 AM

yeah ... in the history of the Earth that is only like 4500 times or so ...

And welcome back.

Bunch
01-05-2016, 03:43 AM
yeah ... in the history of the Earth that is only like 4500 times or so ...

And welcome back.

Never been gone... Mostly lurk feeling bad for Rusty and Mike most of the time .. Lol... Maybe I stay for 2016 ... You know ... Election season...

giggawatt
01-05-2016, 09:50 AM

You're right. There may be one questionable cheating case that can be made against the Patriots. And you can tell that the author hates the Patriots. He probably thought that air in a football was equivalent to PEDs.

Rainmaker
01-05-2016, 01:37 PM
You're right. There may be one questionable cheating case that can be made against the Patriots. And you can tell that the author hates the Patriots. He probably thought that air in a football was equivalent to PEDs.

The Pats are public enemy #1 to the main stream media because they have too many white guys on their team and Tom Brady more or less told king Obama to fuck off. Simple as that

giggawatt
01-05-2016, 03:12 PM
You'd think that Tom Brady would be an American love story. 6th round draft pick, not a stud, came in as a back up and then went on to win 4 Super Bowls and marry a super model. But no, he's hated because of allegations of perceived cheating, thanks to ESPTMZ, and winning constantly. America hates winners these days. Everyone loves Peyton Manning because he's a loser. He's a good QB but he has a tendency to not perform when it counts. America loves losers. They root for the loser.

Bunch
01-05-2016, 03:21 PM
The Pats are public enemy #1 to the main stream media because they have too many white guys on their team and Tom Brady more or less told king Obama to fuck off. Simple as that

Incorrect. Patriots are hated for 3 reasons:
1. They win too much
2. They cheat too much
3. Their fans are obnoxious (this goes for any boston team)

Rainmaker
01-05-2016, 03:23 PM
You'd think that Tom Brady would be an American love story. 6th round draft pick, not a stud, came in as a back up and then went on to win 4 Super Bowls and marry a super model. But no, he's hated because of allegations of perceived cheating, thanks to ESPTMZ, and winning constantly. America hates winners these days. Everyone loves Peyton Manning because he's a loser. He's a good QB but he has a tendency to not perform when it counts. America loves losers. They root for the loser.

Peyton Manning's a choker. He was Danny Wuerffel's Bitch when he was in college and He's been Tom Brady's bitch as a Pro.

Rainmaker
01-05-2016, 03:29 PM
1. They win too much
2. They cheat too much

It's clear that Straight, White Males with Ballsack make certain group really nervous.

Bunch
01-05-2016, 03:39 PM
I dont know what you refer too cause Pats sucks right now... My Broncos will give them the spank of a lifetime if they play right now ... Lol ... Not scared one bit

Mjölnir
01-05-2016, 03:45 PM
I dont know what you refer too cause Pats sucks right now... My Broncos will give them the spank of a lifetime if they play right now ... Lol ... Not scared one bit

Hmmmm ... you should have done that football pool again this year.

BT BT

Go Sain...... forget it.

Rainmaker
01-05-2016, 03:52 PM

Having grown up as a Baltimore Colts fan, I have a special hate in my heart for the Indianapolis "Colts"

giggawatt
01-05-2016, 03:58 PM
1. They win too much
2. They cheat too much

Cheat too much? Are you sure about that or are you just throwing shade and successful franchise, HOF QB, and HOF coach?

When have they even cheated? My guess is you get your sports news from TMZ.

Brady >>> Manning and it's not even close.

Mjölnir
01-05-2016, 04:07 PM
According to Your Team Cheats http://yourteamcheats.com/cheaters/

The Broncos are the biggest cheaters in the NFL.

http://i.imgur.com/tZOS8.gif

Bunch
01-05-2016, 04:43 PM
Cheat too much? Are you sure about that or are you just throwing shade and successful franchise, HOF QB, and HOF coach?

When have they even cheated? My guess is you get your sports news from TMZ.

Brady >>> Manning and it's not even close.

Successful? Yes
HOF QB, Owner and Coach? Yes
Cheaters? YES!!

I mean don't get me wrong in sports if you always trying to get the competitive advantage, does it results sometimes in cheating? Yes.

Is the Pats the only team that cheats? HECK NO!!

They are either horrible at cheating and always get caught OR they cheat so much that raises the probabilities of them getting caught.

Bunch
01-05-2016, 04:49 PM
According to Your Team Cheats http://yourteamcheats.com/cheaters/

The Broncos are the biggest cheaters in the NFL.

http://i.imgur.com/tZOS8.gif

BACK OFF!!! lol

All this reported issues were under Mike Shanahan, another successful cheater coach. You see the difference between me and fans of the Pats is that I and many people in Denver would recognize that Mike will always ALWAYS will do anything to win. Inside the rulebook and outside the rulebook, we knew what he was all about. Excellent coach at getting the most out of his players and excellent coach at putting his team in a position to win week in and week out.

Rainmaker
01-05-2016, 06:25 PM
? My guess is you get your sports news from TMZ.

Is there anywhere else to get it?

Journalism is dead.

It went on life support 25 years ago, when they stopped separating the editorial content from the "news".

Sports was probably the last bastion of objectivity. Now, they're even Politicizing sports and the weather to push the agenda .

Hell, Some of the token female reporters (that've never even strapped on a pair of shoulder pads) aren't even attractive anymore.

I love sports. But, It's getting unwatchable.

Rainmaker
01-25-2016, 07:43 PM
Well. It doesn't happen very often. But, Rainmaker stands corrected.

So, the Bronco D. pulled another one out of their ass against the Cheatriots and saved Peyton Manning's bacon.

Now that Brady's back at home at his mansion crying with his face buried in Gisele Bundchen's succulent lady parts....
Does Peyton ride off in to the sunset with a final title or does he choke and drop a turd in the punchbowl (like he usually does)?

UncaRastus
01-25-2016, 08:38 PM
OK, Painmaker. I give up. You are the King of the Conspiracy Stuff. At least, since Acme_Man was offed.

efmbman
01-25-2016, 11:51 PM
Haven't you heard? The Microsoft Surface Tablets failed for the Patriots (but not for the Broncos) during the AFC Championship Game. Karma for the inflated balls?
http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/reason-microsoft-surface-tablet-fail-nfl-game/story?id=36502282

Rainmaker
02-10-2016, 05:00 PM
As a former Baltimore Colts fan.... Rainmaker's never much cared for Manning. The old man definitely ain't as good as he once was. But, he had enough gas in the tank to go out a winner this year. Peyton's won and lost his share of big games over the years and always handled it with grace in victory or defeat.

There is a stark difference between the way old school guys like Manning carry themselves and the New school guy like Newton carries himself . Showboating and disrespecting his opponents when he wins and sitting there in a hoodie and sulking like a pouting bitch when he loses.

That reaction alone made me glad to see him throw a wrench into Beyoncé's and Scam's little Black panther party.

UncaRastus
02-10-2016, 05:29 PM
Uh, yeah ... I was doing something important during the game, so I didn't see anyone tossing a wrench into any BP thingy. What are you talking about, if you please?

Rainmaker
02-10-2016, 06:13 PM
Uh, yeah ... I was doing something important during the game, so I didn't see anyone tossing a wrench into any BP thingy. What are you talking about, if you please?

It's Word play on the halftime show and the Panthers mascot Unca.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/02/09/the-black-lives-matter-tribute-that-you-missed-from-beyonces-halftime-show-dancers/

It would be nice if they could just perform a show without always making a political statement out of everything. But, she decided to turn it into a leftist cop-hating, Black lives matters protest instead

. Came out doing her little Satanic "Sasha fierce" routine, Dancing around in X formations with Black panther hats and black power fists. And of course Upstaging the white, Unisex, cold-play faggot they had picked to be her patsy and dancing around in his skinny jeans on Rainbow colored Butterfly confetti.

pretty much Everything they do in Hollywood these days is 'signaling'. it was obviously Meant to insult white people. As far as I'm concerned, She's Just Another Communist radical skank, who made a huge fortune in this country and Now goes out of her way to make believe she's a victim of White racism.