PDA

View Full Version : Why Obama Must Reach Out to Angry Whites

Rusty Jones
12-26-2015, 11:24 PM
http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/12/why-obama-must-reach-out-to-angry-whites-213457

For all the bad feelings that Donald Trump’s naked religious bigotry and race baiting are conjuring up, they are also providing our nation with an opportunity. The ugly rhetoric just might force the country to finally contend with a problem many don’t even want to acknowledge exists: that we are fast becoming a nation in which minorities make up a majority of the population. As a result, tens of millions of white Americans, accustomed for so long to having all the benefits of being the majority, are scared out of their minds—and it is this fear that Trump is exploiting so effectively. These feelings are emerging not because whites are all racists, but because they don’t know what that might mean for them and their children.

As long as angry, scared white Americans follow Trump and his rhetoric, the racial divide in America will only deepen, and it will become increasingly difficult to solve the nation’s most pressing problems. So the question becomes: Who can counter Donald Trump?

This task can’t be left to pundits, academic experts or even preachers, rabbis and imams—particularly as long as Trump continues to tap into the darkest recesses of people’s souls. Destructive groupthink can overcome even the most sincere efforts of community leaders. It cannot be left up to other 2016 presidential candidates, either. They’re far too busy trying to win the White House to be healers.

There is only one person who can unite the country again, and he works in the White House. Yes, President Barack Obama—ironically, the man who is the personification of the fear Trump is exploiting—is the one in the best position to quell the anger being stirred up.

This is not something the president can do from the Oval Office, or from a stage. What he needs to do is use the power of the office in a different way, one that matches the ruthless effectiveness of a demagogue with a private jet. Obama needs to go on a listening tour of white America—to connect, in person, with Americans he has either been unable or unwilling to reach during his seven years in office.

I know the difficulties of such outreach, and also its unique payoff. I‘m a black man who has spent the past decade listening to white Southern conservatives—people who many assume would hate me. Because of that, I’ve been able to get through to people others wouldn’t dare try to reach. I have the battle scars and rare friendships to prove it, including one with a member of the Sons of Confederate Veterans who may help me in a criminal-justice reform push.

The conventional wisdom might say the current U.S. president should visit places like Chicago and Ferguson, where decades-long racial disparities are at the heart of recent bouts of unrest. Or that he should visit San Bernardino and offer condolences in person (which he did before going on vacation), as he’s done so many times after so many mass shootings. Or maybe Detroit, a city still struggling even after a massive bailout saved the domestic auto industry.

I say, instead, he should first go to places like Conway, South Carolina, where a Democratic president has nothing to gain, a place whose residents daily drive by an electric plant that is now empty in part because of environmental policies that may indeed be necessary to save the planet but hurt real people in real time, nonetheless.

Or maybe he can map out a path along the Appalachian Trail and visit cities and small towns full of people who believe they’ve been left out of the American dream and forced into a nightmare they are convinced they can survive only by clinging to their God and their guns, which is why they balk at the emergence of legalized same-sex marriage and talk of gun control, not because they hate—even if the words they sometimes use sound hateful—but because they still need something to call their own.

Let them see their president. Let them speak directly to their president. Let them shout, cuss, fuss and unload if that’s what they need to do. Because no matter how you slice it, the country they’ve long known is dying, and a new one is taking shape. Obama’s presence in the White House, while heartening to many, is the tip of the spear to those fretful about what’s to come.

Sweeping demographic change isn’t the only thing roiling the lives of many white Americans. According to a study recently released by Princeton University, in an era when mortality rates for nonwhites and young whites are decreasing, middle-aged whites are seeing their mortality rates rise. Much of that is due to suicide, drug addiction, the stress of financial uncertainty, and decreasing mental and physical health. And, just this month, Pew noted that the middle class is “losing ground.” While minorities remain on the wrong side of too many deeply entrenched racial disparities, white people face real challenges, too.

The problem now is that this significant slice of the American public believes Trump is the only leader who hears their understandable, if overwrought cries. He speaks directly to their fears about being left behind in a country they no longer recognize, and he (along with a smaller, uglier slice of the electorate that does really want to return to the time white people were favored) is convincing them that minorities are responsible for their troubles.

In a recent interview with NPR, the president explained clearly that he understands this reality, saying, “Blue-collar men have had a lot of trouble in this new economy, where they are no longer getting the same bargain that they got when they were going to a factory and able to support their families on a single paycheck. … There is going to be potential anger, frustration, fear. Some of it justified, but just misdirected. I think somebody like Mr. Trump is taking advantage of that. … In some ways, I may represent change that worries them.”

But Obama needs to do more than just talk about these Americans on NPR. He needs to reach out to them directly, again becoming the “there is no blue America/red America” Obama of a decade ago. Or at least he must spend his final year in office trying. Because this is bigger than politics, more important than party and maybe his most consequential legacy.

He shouldn’t go give a speech or detail the ways the Affordable Care Act is improving the lives of even those who despise him. He shouldn’t brag about reports showing his administration has killed at least 30,000 terrorists, including Osama bin Laden and many top ISIL leaders. He shouldn’t bother making them aware that the country is on the longest monthly job creation streak in its history.

He shouldn’t try to soothe them or say he feels their pain.

He shouldn’t say much at all. He should go primarily to listen, even if it means he has to endure being called nasty names to his face or risk being spat on. Because when you cut through the political rhetoric and fearmongering and empty, overheated debates, that’s the one thing people in those communities believe they haven’t received and want most—to be heard.

Of course Obama would have to make it clear that a tour through disaffected white America is only the beginning, not end, of his efforts to heal this nation’s wounds during his final year in office, that the concerns of others like #BlackLivesMatter will remain a priority. It’s a delicate balancing act, no doubt, but one Obama is skilled enough to pull off.

Presidential power is overstated in many ways, seeding the ground for unrealistic expectations among supporters and critics. The president can’t singularly reorder world events, stop every terror attack, enforce fiscal responsibility or guarantee that a pet project will be realized.

But the current president—the nation’s first black president, born of a white mother, married to a descendant of slaves, father of 21st-century daughters—can use the allure and mystique of his office to speak to the American public, and all of its myriad, divisive factions, in a way no one else can.

Reaching out directly to those who express hatred for him is the kind of powerful symbolism that can break through a divide that cannot be healed by reciting statistics, will not be moved by stirring sermons and won’t disappear because enough of us wish it away.

Sometimes the president can speak loudest when he doesn’t speak much at all—and just shows up to remind those who feel powerless that yes, they do have a voice, that they are being listened to, not just by a reality TV star with bad hair playing upon their fears—but by the most powerful man on the planet.

Rusty Jones
12-26-2015, 11:32 PM
Nice article, but I think that the author forgets that the Tea Party gained most of its popularity and momentum after Obama was elected, but before he was inaugurated.

Before Obama even took office, he was already hated by the people that the author is suggesting that he reach out to.

I'm thinking back to Rush Limbaugh stating that he hopes Obama fails... which is funny, because why would you want the person running your country to fail?

Anyway, it looks like Bernie Sanders has already taken this route... but mostly at Christian universities.

Not sure it's going to work, though. Being angry all the time (especially at liberals) is all part of their machismo. Take that away from such a person, and they'll be someone entirely new.

garhkal
12-27-2015, 06:19 AM
As a result, tens of millions of white Americans, accustomed for so long to having all the benefits of being the majority,

Exactly what benefits is this Nitwit on about? There are no EO programs giving us an edge in promotions/hiring practices etc, NO AA ensuring Majority representation, no dozens up on dozens of scholarship opportunities (compared to those for ever damn minority out there)..

Rusty Jones
12-27-2015, 03:09 PM
Exactly what benefits is this Nitwit on about? There are no EO programs giving us an edge in promotions/hiring practices etc, NO AA ensuring Majority representation, no dozens up on dozens of scholarship opportunities (compared to those for ever damn minority out there)..

Bullshit.

The 80% test applies to all races.

As far as scholarships go, there are PLENTY of minority scholarships for whites to attend HBCUs and HSIs. Now, of course, if you don't want to attend one or don't want your children attending one that's your issue, not anyone else's.

There are also plenty of scholarships for excelling at activities that are almost exclusively white - such equestrian sports, and things like that.

If you were to add these to the minority scholarships that you're talking, they'd make the largest group.

Rollyn01
12-29-2015, 12:01 AM
So, instead of understanding that the shoe is on the other foot and fighting for equality like they should have from the get-go, they'll keep hating till the president comes down to try to appease to their "better nature"? If they can't see that they are now in the position that many minorities were in and should vote against those who would work to keep any and all minorities oppressed (including the poor whites who keep to their guns and racism), how can they even begin the movement to bring the country to true prosperity?

They keep voting against their own interest by voting for those who share oppressive and "blame the other guy" views. These are the same people who benefit when everyone is oppressed and in a hopeless situation where everyone but them suffer. Want things to change for the better? Stop voting for your own interests. Vote for the interest for everyone to prosper. But then, that would be asking for too much.

garhkal
12-29-2015, 04:38 AM
There are also plenty of scholarships for excelling at activities that are almost exclusively white - such equestrian sports, and things like that.

And does the # of scholarships for say those 'white sports' come anywhere close to those for Basketball, football and such?

MikeKerriii
12-29-2015, 04:59 AM
And does the # of scholarships for say those 'white sports' come anywhere close to those for Basketball, football and such? If you would bother to look you would find they are even more scholarships like that, Where did you get the silly idea that there were not?

MikeKerriii
12-29-2015, 05:02 AM
Nice article, but I think that the author forgets that the Tea Party gained most of its popularity and momentum after Obama was elected, but before he was inaugurated.

Before Obama even took office, he was already hated by the people that the author is suggesting that he reach out to.

I'm thinking back to Rush Limbaugh stating that he hopes Obama fails... which is funny, because why would you want the person running your country to fail?

Anyway, it looks like Bernie Sanders has already taken this route... but mostly at Christian universities.

Not sure it's going to work, though. Being angry all the time (especially at liberals) is all part of their machismo. Take that away from such a person, and they'll be someone entirely new.

The author seems to be operating under the false assumption that stupidity is curable.

garhkal
12-29-2015, 06:20 AM
If you would bother to look you would find they are even more scholarships like that, Where did you get the silly idea that there were not?

Based on chatter between me and dozens of people who have gone to college.

Rusty Jones
12-29-2015, 01:16 PM
And does the # of scholarships for say those 'white sports' come anywhere close to those for Basketball, football and such?

Be honest: without Googling, how many white players can you name in the NFL (or any other professional sports league) that were walk-ons in college? And can you name more white players than black players?

I'm not really looking for answers to this question; I'm just making a point here - i.e., that yours is flawed. First, because there are plenty of white players in these sports, and they're getting scholarships too.

The same can't be said of equestrian sports, sailboat racing, etc, etc. For one thing, they're very expensive sports that many, if not most, minorities can't afford to participate in... and the ones who can afford it still face the challenge of joining highly exclusive clubs in order to participate.

And remember, I added those scholarships to the ones for white students to attend HCBUs and HSIs.

Look at the more prestigious HBCUs; such as Tuskeegee, Howard, and Hampton. Ones where they average high school GPA for entering freshmen is 3.25+.

Now, of course, your lower prestige HBCUs - like Virginia State and Norfolk State - are going to have white students too, but the white students at these schools likely didn't have very many options.

The white kids at the more prestigious HBCU's? They DO have options. Maybe they got into prestigious schools with a mostly white student body, but chose the HBCU because they got the scholarship there.

I also want to add this: numerous people have tried to start "white scholarships," and they've all failed because of the numerous scholarships already available that minorities are not likely to qualify for.

Mjölnir
12-29-2015, 01:43 PM
Be honest: without Googling, how many white players can you name in the NFL (or any other professional sports league) that were walk-ons in college? And can you name more white players than black players?

I'm not really looking for answers to this question; I'm just making a point here - i.e., that yours is flawed. First, because there are plenty of white players in these sports, and they're getting scholarships too.

The same can't be said of equestrian sports, sailboat racing, etc, etc. For one thing, they're very expensive sports that many, if not most, minorities can't afford to participate in... and the ones who can afford it still face the challenge of joining highly exclusive clubs in order to participate.

And remember, I added those scholarships to the ones for white students to attend HCBUs and HCIs.

Look at the more prestigious HBCUs; such as Tuskeegee, Howard, and Hampton. Ones where they average high school GPA for entering freshmen is 3.25+.

Now, of course, your lower prestige HBCUs - like Virginia State and Norfolk State - are going to have white students too, but the white students at these schools likely didn't have very many options.

The white kids at the more prestigious HBCU's? They DO have options. Maybe they got into prestigious schools with a mostly white student body, but chose the HBCU because they got the scholarship there.

I also want to add this: numerous people have tried to start "white scholarships," and they've all failed because of the numerous scholarships already available that minorities are not likely to qualify for.

All very good points. My only counter which is just a hunch ... no evidence or prior reading on my part is that I think the number of scholarships that target whites as a minority would be lower simply because there are fewer HBCUs and HCIs.

Rusty Jones
12-29-2015, 02:01 PM
All very good points. My only counter which is just a hunch ... no evidence or prior reading on my part is that I think the number of scholarships that target whites as a minority would be lower simply because there are fewer HBCUs and HCIs.

I'm not too sure about that. Personally, I don't know anyone who has ever gotten a scholarship through UNCF, HSF, or any other minority scholarship. Everyone I grew up with who never served in the military is getting Stafford Loans and Pell Grants just like everyone else.

Not saying that there aren't people out there on these scholarships, afterall, their very existence means that there are people on them. However, with the way garhkal is talking, you'd think that minority scholarships are one big party that every minority has been invited to; while whites are forced to sit out.

If that's the case, I'd like to know where my invitation is. Because I sure as hell haven't seen it.

Mjölnir
12-29-2015, 02:19 PM
I'm not too sure about that. Personally, I don't know anyone who has ever gotten a scholarship through UNCF, HSF, or any other minority scholarship. Everyone I grew up with who never served in the military is getting Stafford Loans and Pell Grants just like everyone else.

Not saying that there aren't people out there on these scholarships, afterall, their very existence means that there are people on them. However, with the way garhkal is talking, you'd think that minority scholarships are one big party that every minority has been invited to; while whites are forced to sit out.

If that's the case, I'd like to know where my invitation is. Because I sure as hell haven't seen it.

My high school had a lot of folks who recieved minority targeted scholarships (granted this was more than 25 years ago now ...) I am just basing that off what I 'think', knowing of many scholarships targeting non-white minorities at what would be considered a 'white' college since I attended quite a few on my way to a Bachelors:

Louisiana Tech (took one 'shared' class that was actually on the Grambling campus)
UMUC
Spokane Falls CC
Gonzaga
George Mason
Northern VA CC
AMU

If HBCUs have similar scholarships for whites (a minority on their campus) anything like what I have seen at other universities, just the proportion of HBCUs to other 'mainstream' universities would make that number smaller.

Overall however, I am not really in favor of scholarships that target ANYONE based on ethnicity. Just because someone is black doesn't instantly make them disadvantaged any more than someone being white instantly makes them wealthy. I am more in favor of those that target people based on a metric of accomplishment, need and merit ... all that "not judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character" stuff.

Bos Mutus
12-29-2015, 02:32 PM
My high school had a lot of folks who recieved minority targeted scholarships (granted this was more than 25 years ago now ...) I am just basing that off what I 'think', knowing of many scholarships targeting non-white minorities at what would be considered a 'white' college since I attended quite a few on my way to a Bachelors:

Louisiana Tech (took one 'shared' class that was actually on the Grambling campus)
UMUC
Spokane Falls CC
Gonzaga
George Mason
Northern VA CC
AMU

If HBCUs have similar scholarships for whites (a minority on their campus) anything like what I have seen at other universities, just the proportion of HBCUs to other 'mainstream' universities would make that number smaller.

Overall however, I am not really in favor of scholarships that target ANYONE based on ethnicity. Just because someone is black doesn't instantly make them disadvantaged any more than someone being white instantly makes them wealthy. I am more in favor of those that target people based on a metric of accomplishment, need and merit ... all that "not judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character" stuff.

I took some classes at Spokane Falls CC

MikeKerriii
12-29-2015, 03:33 PM
Based on chatter between me and dozens of people who have gone to college.

LOL, that is a pathetic article at best, "Dozens of people?"

SomeRandomGuy
12-29-2015, 05:37 PM
Is being a white person in America basically the same as being an American citizen versus some other country? I don't understand what all this supposed "white privilege" is.

I was raised in rural Southwest Missouri. I have four brothers, my parents are still married. My mom and dad worked really hard for the things they had. When I was young the 7 of us lived in a two bedroom 900 square foot house. At one point the family vehicle was a two door Chevy truck that all 7 of us rode in. Dad needed a truck because he also mowed lawns along with working at a fiberglass shop and also part time at Wal-Mart. Yes, he legit had three jobs. Mom raised the five children while going back to school to get her bachelor's in Nursing.

Eventually dad quit the fiberglass, Wal-Mart, and mowing business to start his own construction company. Having five kids certainly helped with "free labor." During that time Mom and Dad built a house which was almost entirely done by my dad. He'd work at the construction job then come home and work on the house. Mom eventually became an RN and got promoted all the way to nursing supervisor at the local health department. Through the years, my parents invested in rental properties and land instead of frivolities like a new car. They always bought used and normally very old cars.

When it came time for college I had a 3.5 GPA. My parents maybe had $10,000 in the bank but they owned about $250,000 in property. I couldn't get any sort of financial aid for college. My parents offered to help pay for college but they couldn't foot the entire bill. Their assets weren't liquid and they certainly weren't selling them to pay for me to go to college. I ended up going to junior college for 2 years where I carried a 4.0 GPA. When I graduated there still weren't any scholarships to speak of. At that point I joined the Air Force. My parents taught me that I should work to build my own future. Is that the "white privilege" people speak of?

When I hear "white privilege" what I think of is slightly better opportunities early in life. Some of that is geographical and not racial. I assure you that the schools in rural Missouri are not any better than the inner-city schools. I knew kids in high school who still couldn't read. Many in that area seem to drop out to pursue the family business of farming.

I say all of that to say "white privilege" is basically the same as "American privilege." If you asked someone in a third world country about America they would be pretty jealous. On a macro level there are some pretty awesome privileges about being American. If you go find a homeless person in San Francisco I doubt they are going to say, "Things suck pretty bad, but at least I don't like in Africa" Sure, things are better here in America, but for that specific person the privilege of being American doesn't really mean anything.

Rusty Jones
12-29-2015, 05:59 PM
Is being a white person in America basically the same as being an American citizen versus some other country? I don't understand what all this supposed "white privilege" is.

I was raised in rural Southwest Missouri. I have four brothers, my parents are still married. My mom and dad worked really hard for the things they had. When I was young the 7 of us lived in a two bedroom 900 square foot house. At one point the family vehicle was a two door Chevy truck that all 7 of us rode in. Dad needed a truck because he also mowed lawns along with working at a fiberglass shop and also part time at Wal-Mart. Yes, he legit had three jobs. Mom raised the five children while going back to school to get her bachelor's in Nursing.

Eventually dad quit the fiberglass, Wal-Mart, and mowing business to start his own construction company. Having five kids certainly helped with "free labor." During that time Mom and Dad built a house which was almost entirely done by my dad. He'd work at the construction job then come home and work on the house. Mom eventually became an RN and got promoted all the way to nursing supervisor at the local health department. Through the years, my parents invested in rental properties and land instead of frivolities like a new car. They always bought used and normally very old cars.

When it came time for college I had a 3.5 GPA. My parents maybe had $10,000 in the bank but they owned about $250,000 in property. I couldn't get any sort of financial aid for college. My parents offered to help pay for college but they couldn't foot the entire bill. Their assets weren't liquid and they certainly weren't selling them to pay for me to go to college. I ended up going to junior college for 2 years where I carried a 4.0 GPA. When I graduated there still weren't any scholarships to speak of. At that point I joined the Air Force. My parents taught me that I should work to build my own future. Is that the "white privilege" people speak of?

When I hear "white privilege" what I think of is slightly better opportunities early in life. Some of that is geographical and not racial. I assure you that the schools in rural Missouri are not any better than the inner-city schools. I knew kids in high school who still couldn't read. Many in that area seem to drop out to pursue the family business of farming.

I say all of that to say "white privilege" is basically the same as "American privilege." If you asked someone in a third world country about America they would be pretty jealous. On a macro level there are some pretty awesome privileges about being American. If you go find a homeless person in San Francisco I doubt they are going to say, "Things suck pretty bad, but at least I don't like in Africa" Sure, things are better here in America, but for that specific person the privilege of being American doesn't really mean anything.

White privilege is a bit more than that. For example, has anyone ever crossed the street to avoid walking past you? Has anyone rolled up their windows and locked their car doors when stopped at a red light because you were standing at the corner? Have you ever been followed around in the store, because they thought you might steal something? As a customer, has your wife ever voiced a complaint at a restaurant or other store only to be told to "calm down" out fear of being "told off" and being made to feel two inches high when she had no intention of doing such a thing? Has your resume earned numerous one-way trips to the trashcan because of your name?

These are things that can affect you, regardless of class... but they can also affect your opportunities. Sure, you may have earned what you worked for... but there's a greater likelihood that your work will be rewarded.

With the high black unemployment, that's why there's a big push in the black community for black people to start their own businesses and increase their support to existing ones. Because depending on white employers to hire them... just isn't working out.

Rainmaker
12-29-2015, 07:18 PM

The only reason any colleges even have equestrian sports is to comply with Title IX (another Affirmative Action Giveaway), which requires colleges to provide an equal number of athletic scholarships for females as they do for males.

There are whopping total of 20 NCAA Division 1 colleges with Equestrian teams providing a grand total of 747 partial scholarships for (2 men and 745 women)

http://www.scholarshipstats.com/equestrian.html

There are 225 Division 1 (FBS/FCS) Football teams providing 19,125 Full rides.

45.8 percent of football players in the NCAA's top division were black in 2009-10, compared with 45.1 percent who were white.

http://espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5901855

Rainmaker
12-29-2015, 07:30 PM
As far as scholarships go, there are PLENTY of minority scholarships for whites to attend HBCUs and HSIs. Now, of course, if you don't want to attend one or don't want your children attending one that's your issue, not anyone else's.

This is true.

Believe it or not Rusty. But, My son actually took a recruiting visit to Bethune-Cookman College in Daytona Beach!

One of his High school coaches had played there and they were the only in state school to offer him a football scholarship. I dropped him off for the day and went over to lollipops for a few pops.

He said they treated him real good. But, he ended up deciding to play baseball at a Junior College instead.

Rusty Jones
12-29-2015, 07:46 PM
The only reason any colleges even have equestrian sports is to comply with Title IX (another Affirmative Action Giveaway), which requires colleges to provide an equal number of athletic scholarships for females as they do for males.

There are whopping total of 20 NCAA Division 1 colleges with Equestrian teams providing a grand total of 747 partial scholarships for (2 men and 745 women)

http://www.scholarshipstats.com/equestrian.html

And that's just scholarships from the schools themselves, not the clubs or other private organizations.

There are 225 Division 1 (FBS/FCS) Football teams providing 19,125 Full rides.

45.8 percent of football players in the NCAA's top division were black in 2009-10, compared with 45.1 percent who were white.

http://espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5901855

Yeah, and put any Division I HBCU football team against ANY 1-A team (FAMU is the only HBCU with a 1-A football team), and that HBCU team will get their asses smeared all over the place.

Remember, many of those black students with scholarships... are at HBCUs. What you've shown yourself, unlike activities reserved for the elite, football, basketball, and other sports aren't like that. ANYONE can buy a basketball and a hoop, or a baseball bat, ball, and gloves; and play those sports. They can play for their high school team or local league for children; and get good enough to go after a scholarship and maybe go pro.

The same can't be said of equestrian sports, boat racing, or anything else.

Rainmaker
12-29-2015, 08:08 PM
Q: How many progressive liberal democrats does it take to change a light bulb?

A: That's not funny and you're a racist.

Rusty Jones
12-29-2015, 08:14 PM
-----------------

Rainmaker
12-29-2015, 08:42 PM
Basically, the majority view (that I commonly hear) is that If most blacks tried working harder, they wouldn't need special help getting accepted into college with scores 40% lower than Asians and 20% lower than whites, or with finding employment or anything else

They also get the lion's share of "free" money based on nothing other than their skin color.

All this Affirmative Action "you owe me" stuff, "I deserve this" etc...etc.......Is Just like all the PC "I'm offended" Bullshit.

garhkal
12-30-2015, 04:06 AM

Lets see, Don't know if Bret farve was a walk on or not, or either of the 2 Manning brothers.. Joe Montana and Steve Young, also don't know. But compared to the # of black football players current or former that know of, the #s are more in favor of the blacks.. such as Fridge perry, Joe Rice, Ben coates, Steve McNair, Gregg lloyd, Walter payton, Terril owens, Marcus allen..

Its based more on things like what i saw when i was looking for colleges to potentially attend when i got out, talking with friends, and the # of tiems i was our shop/divisions CFC rep and scoured the book and saw dozens upon dozens of scholarships for 'minority-black, minority-latino, minority-female' and so on, then the generic ones that EVERYONE could try for (whites included).. It just seemed based on those #s there were far MORE scholarships for blacks, female-blacks, and latinos, just ON their own, than there were for everyone who wanted to try..

Same here. just like i would rather work places be allowed to pick their employees based on who's best qualified, rather than be told "you need more diversity, so give X bonus points for those of Y minority group'..

With the high black unemployment, that's why there's a big push in the black community for black people to start their own businesses and increase their support to existing ones. Because depending on white employers to hire them... just isn't working out.

With watching all the mall shutdowns and such, if i was one of those employers, i would be SCOURING facebook and the news sites to look up every applicant to see if any of them were part of those protests/riots and such. Cause they damn well wouldn't get a job with me.

And how is that not seen as sexist (with that weighted ratio of females to males)?? Do men not do equestrian sports??

SomeRandomGuy
12-30-2015, 06:16 PM
White privilege is a bit more than that. For example, has anyone ever crossed the street to avoid walking past you? Has anyone rolled up their windows and locked their car doors when stopped at a red light because you were standing at the corner? Have you ever been followed around in the store, because they thought you might steal something? As a customer, has your wife ever voiced a complaint at a restaurant or other store only to be told to "calm down" out fear of being "told off" and being made to feel two inches high when she had no intention of doing such a thing? Has your resume earned numerous one-way trips to the trashcan because of your name?

These are things that can affect you, regardless of class... but they can also affect your opportunities. Sure, you may have earned what you worked for... but there's a greater likelihood that your work will be rewarded.

Why do black people get followed at stores like they are shoplifters? Is it the same reason that the terror watch list is mostly filled with people named Muhammad? The biggest problem with profiling (all types) is that it works.

The black community has largely embraced the "thug" or "rap culture." Just hop on social media and check out all the people who "keep it 100" all the "bad bitches" all the people who want to look tough. Why are they shocked when people are afraid of them? Fear is the image they are trying to portray isn't it?

I'll agree with you though on the resumes getting a one way trip to the trash can. I knew a white guy who graduated from a well known black college. He couldn't seem to get a call back from anyone. Finally, he started sending a picture with his resume. All the sudden interviews started coming in. That happens, but I'm not sure what the cure is. I do think that problem will correct itself as more open-minded people began to hold authority positions and the closed-mined people are slowly phased out.

Rusty Jones
12-30-2015, 06:23 PM
Why do black people get followed at stores like they are shoplifters? Is it the same reason that the terror watch list is mostly filled with people named Muhammad? The biggest problem with profiling (all types) is that it works.

The black community has largely embraced the "thug" or "rap culture." Just hop on social media and check out all the people who "keep it 100" all the "bad bitches" all the people who want to look tough. Why are they shocked when people are afraid of them? Fear is the image they are trying to portray isn't it?

You're trying to deny white privilege by justifying the examples? That's some strange shit, dude.

I'll agree with you though on the resumes getting a one way trip to the trash can. I knew a white guy who graduated from a well known black college. He couldn't seem to get a call back from anyone. Finally, he started sending a picture with his resume. All the sudden interviews started coming in. That happens, but I'm not sure what the cure is. I do think that problem will correct itself as more open-minded people began to hold authority positions and the closed-mined people are slowly phased out.

White people whose last name is "Washington" are having the same problem. But, like I said, the black community has proposed a solution; but there doesn't appear to be much follow-through. The African American culture appears to be risk averse - probably because most can't afford to be otherwise.

By the way, I don't have a "black" name at all. I actually have a very professional sounding name. My wife, however, is the opposite. She DOES have a "black" name.

Neither of my degrees are from HCBUs.

Wanna know what's interesting? I was unemployed for seven months when I got out of the Navy. I averaged two to three interviews per week during those seven months.

I remember walking into interview panels and watching smiles turn right into disappointed faces as soon as I walked in.

They saw my name and credentials and were expecting one thing and they thought they knew what they were getting... until they saw otherwise.

My wife, on the other hand, averages an interview ever other week and I'd estimate that she has at least a 75% success rate every time. She may not get as many callbacks as I did, but at least when she DID get the callbacks... they knew what they were getting.

So... there lies that dilemma in the black community on how parents should name their children, but... I personally don't give two shits. I think it's futile to conform to racism instead of fighting it.

garhkal
12-31-2015, 03:03 AM

True dat.. In the 4 months or so i have been working security at Jo-ann fabrics, of the dozen or so people i have been asked to "keep an eye on' only ONE was white. Two were latino, the rest black. All cause, based on prior thefts, it was 99% of the time a black person doing the stealing.

And with their whole BLM movement, i don't see that image getting better any soon.

It sucks you had to go that route..

Rusty Jones
12-31-2015, 12:34 PM
True dat.. In the 4 months or so i have been working security at Jo-ann fabrics, of the dozen or so people i have been asked to "keep an eye on' only ONE was white. Two were latino, the rest black. All cause, based on prior thefts, it was 99% of the time a black person doing the stealing.

And, with this, you go on to make the system mistake - i.e., attempting to deny white privilege by justifying it. Makes zero sense.

And with their whole BLM movement, i don't see that image getting better any soon.

People like you said the same thing with the Civil Rights Movement.

It sucks you had to go that route..

But I'm sure you agree with what the employers were doing...

Mjölnir
12-31-2015, 01:41 PM
White people whose last name is "Washington" are having the same problem. But, like I said, the black community has proposed a solution; but there doesn't appear to be much follow-through.

Is "Washington" considered a black name?

What is the proposed solution, I have not heard anything about this at all.

I remember walking into interview panels and watching smiles turn right into disappointed faces as soon as I walked in.

They saw my name and credentials and were expecting one thing and they thought they knew what they were getting... until they saw otherwise.

That is truly unfortunate, and yes ... if a (potential) employer discriminated against you because you are black ... that's plain wrong.

So... there lies that dilemma in the black community on how parents should name their children, but... I personally don't give two shits. I think it's futile to conform to racism instead of fighting it.

The first Freakonomics book had a whole chapter on the success of minorities with names that could be interpreted as minority or ethnic and found cause for and against the various theories ... it was really interesting. The big takeaway I got was that someone's name (first name especially) hinted at their parents race, social standing, even their politics.

Rusty Jones
12-31-2015, 02:46 PM

Kinda sorta. I was watching something on the news that discussed high unemployment among blacks, and it discussed whites who are perceived as black to illustrate that it's not coincidence or a question of qualifications. If I recall correctly, they stated that there are only about 15,000 white Americans who are surnamed "Washington."

Contrary to popular belief, the surnames of African Americans aren't the result of it being forced onto an ancestor by a slave master. Most slaves didn't even have surnames. After the Emancipation, the newly freed slaves were required to take on a surname in order to register as citizens. It was common practice to adopt the surname of people who were highly respected in their communities and beyond. For most, it was the surname of their former slave master. George Washington was universally respected everywhere, so Washington became a popular surname for newly freed slaves to adopt.

The first Freakonomics book had a whole chapter on the success of minorities with names that could be interpreted as minority or ethnic and found cause for and against the various theories ... it was really interesting. The big takeaway I got was that someone's name (first name especially) hinted at their parents race, social standing, even their politics.

I remember hearing about this. One thing that they mentioned was that, while there are "ethnic" sounding names; poor whites could be singled about by alternative/creative spellings of traditional names - which could hurt them if employers are looking for someone who can be perceived as being of "higher pedigree."

Bos Mutus
12-31-2015, 02:50 PM

That is truly unfortunate, and yes ... if a (potential) employer discriminated against you because you are black ... that's plain wrong.

The naming trends are interesting...

From my own personal observation...the trend of the 2000s has been contemporary stuff like Tripp, Dylan, Jaden.

I've noticed lately, though, that the old-timey names of our grandparents are making a big comeback...Walter, Charlie, Mabel, Betsy.

I kind of like it.

Bos Mutus
12-31-2015, 03:01 PM

That is the million dollar question...

I think most of us can see that it's wrong or unfair, for a decent, law-abiding, educated black person to be followed suspiciously by security when they go to Joanne's. Yet, we can see that it happens.

We feel justified in doing so based on statistics and probabilities because we have mentally assigned that person as belonging to a certain category of people and made certain assumptions of that individual based on that assignment.

This system of mentally processing things, though, is valid and maybe even human nature. We categorize things and make decisions...there is no way we can learn everything about an individual, an object, a weather pattern in the time given...so, we fill in the gaps with assumptions based on the categories we assign, to process information and make a decision.

Even when statistics bear out those assumptions...doesn't make it any more fair to the individual those assumptions don't apply to.

But, it is interesting, as Rusty pointed out...that the posters who deny there is such a thing as white privilege then demonstrate it..we can talk reasons and justification, etc. only after we all admit it exists.

Bos Mutus
12-31-2015, 03:17 PM
Part of white privilege, is that as the majority...we get to make the rules...we make rules that we like, that apply generally to us...this embeds itself in nearly every facet of our society.

To draw an extreme example...the story above seeking where white privilege is in his life...

"joined the military"...okay, you joined the military....cut your hair, shave your face. Not a problem, those are "military standards"...those military standards were made standards by people like you. Along comes a Sikh...whose religion forbids him to cut his hair and shave his beard. Needs a top level review to even be in the military...then will likely be frowned upon by supervisors, chief. commanders, etc. who don't believe he should've gotten a waiver to begin with.

We'll come up with "justifications" such as "gas mask fit" and "professional look"....but, then realize...gas masks were designed by and for the majority...the definition of "professional" comes from what our majority culture views as professional. If our religions forbid shaving and hair-cutting...gas mask design would be different...standards would be different, etc.

So, that is sort of a more obvious, far end example, just as demonstration...but, there are a million more subtle nuances of our everyday life that we don't even realize because we've just become accustomed to them as "they way things are"

That's not to say we're all "evil racists"...but lets first just admit that this privilege exists before we worry about what and if anything can be done about it.Part of white privilege, is that as the majority...we get to make the rules...we make rules that we like, that apply generally to us...this embeds itself in nearly every facet of our society.

Rusty Jones
12-31-2015, 03:30 PM
Part of white privilege, is that as the majority...we get to make the rules...we make rules that we like, that apply generally to us...this embeds itself in nearly every facet of our society.

To draw an extreme example...the story above seeking where white privilege is in his life...

"joined the military"...okay, you joined the military....cut your hair, shave your face. Not a problem, those are "military standards"...those military standards were made standards by people like you. Along comes a Sikh...whose religion forbids him to cut his hair and shave his beard. Needs a top level review to even be in the military...then will likely be frowned upon by supervisors, chief. commanders, etc. who don't believe he should've gotten a waiver to begin with.

We'll come up with "justifications" such as "gas mask fit" and "professional look"....but, then realize...gas masks were designed by and for the majority...the definition of "professional" comes from what our majority culture views as professional. If our religions forbid shaving and hair-cutting...gas mask design would be different...standards would be different, etc.

So, that is sort of a more obvious, far end example, just as demonstration...but, there are a million more subtle nuances of our everyday life that we don't even realize because we've just become accustomed to them as "they way things are"

That's not to say we're all "evil racists"...but lets first just admit that this privilege exists before we worry about what and if anything can be done about it.Part of white privilege, is that as the majority...we get to make the rules...we make rules that we like, that apply generally to us...this embeds itself in nearly every facet of our society.

The most recent example of this is the issue with black women's hair; and the complaints that the each of the services grooming standards prohibited hairstyles typically worn by black women.

This, of course, angered alot of people who would say things like there are no exceptions for race nor should there be, and that everyone should be held to the same standard. Of course... they're fully aware that black people have far different hair than people of other races and, in the case of many black women - depending on their specific hair texture - keeping a neat and tidy appearance is only possible at the expense of violating the regulations that were in place at time. EVERYONE knows that. But they were content with blasting these women for DARING to complain, especially when race was involved.

One thing I would constantly bring up that no one wanted to discuss... is how the people slamming these women would react to the military requiring everyone to have an afro. Because none of them would be able to pull one off.

Bos Mutus
12-31-2015, 03:43 PM
The most recent example of this is the issue with black women's hair; and the complaints that the each of the services grooming standards prohibited hairstyles typically worn by black women.

This, of course, angered alot of people who would say things like there are no exceptions for race nor should there be, and that everyone should be held to the same standard. Of course... they're fully aware that black people have far different hair than people of other races and, in the case of many black women - depending on their specific hair texture - keeping a neat and tidy appearance is only possible at the expense of violating the regulations that were in place at time. EVERYONE knows that. But they were content with blasting these women for DARING to complain, especially when race was involved.

One thing I would constantly bring up that no one wanted to discuss... is how the people slamming these women would react to the military requiring everyone to have an afro. Because none of them would be able to pull one off.

Yes, good example, too.

Some of the difficulty of this for me...is that while I enjoy privileges, no doubt,...a good many of them, to me, can be traced to the fact that my parents made sacrifices and made decisions in order to privilege me...that I would have advantages in life. That's shouldn't be a bad or negative thing...and I don't really think we should negate those advantages. They were earned...not by me, but by my parents. Likewise, I've tried to advantage my children in life as well.

I remember a teacher I had one time explain that one of the advantages she (and I) have had in academic life...is that proper English was spoken in our homes. Whether taking a grammar test, or writing a paper...all the way up through grad school, I could pretty reliably base my wording off of what "sounds right"...not everyone has that advantage either. Again though, probably a privilege "earned" by my parents or their parents, etc....so, not a bad thing...also not saying we should start accepting poor grammar to level the playing field...it just is what it is. I don't feel guilty about it, either.

Mjölnir
12-31-2015, 04:55 PM

ahem ...

http://www.artfido.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Bob-Ross.jpg

Rusty Jones
12-31-2015, 05:42 PM
ahem ...

http://www.artfido.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Bob-Ross.jpg

Not counting Latino as a "race," I should have pointed out that whites are the only group where there are exceptions. Mostly with Jews, but there are other exceptions... though very far and few in between.

It's my understanding that this can still be achieved by anyone through chemically altering the hair, but requiring that of someone should never be legal.

USN - Retired
12-31-2015, 05:58 PM
Wanna know what's interesting? I was unemployed for seven months when I got out of the Navy. I averaged two to three interviews per week during those seven months.

Your problem is not your race. You can not find a job because you have an abrasive personality, a persecution complex, a strong entitlement mentality and no real initiative. Why would anyone want to hire someone as negative as you?

Instead of trying to make something of yourself, you wallow in self-pity and claim that society in general and whitey in particular are all out to hurt you. You have convinced yourself that you will fail, and it has become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I strongly suspect that you never will succeed in life. You will probably spend the rest of your life whining to all of us on this forum. The large amount of time that you spend on this forum proves just how little initiative that you have in life.

You are a loser, and your race has nothing to do with it. Whether you remain a loser is up to you, but "blaming whitey" is not the road to success.

Rusty Jones
12-31-2015, 06:04 PM
Your problem is not your race. You can not find a job because you have an abrasive personality, a persecution complex, a strong entitlement mentality and no real initiative. Why would anyone want to hire someone as negative as you?

Instead of trying to make something of yourself, you wallow in self-pity and claim that society in general and whitey in particular are all out to hurt you. You have convinced yourself that you will fail, and it has become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I have job, and I've been here for four years. I've also been promoted twice.

I strongly suspect that you never will succeed in life. You will probably spend the rest of your life whining to all of us on this forum. The large amount of time that you spend on this forum proves just how little initiative that you have in life.

You are a loser, and your race has nothing to do with it. Whether you remain a loser is up to you, but "blaming whitey" is not the road to success.

Talk about being negative, yet here you are talking a whole bunch of shit you wouldn't dare say to my face. I suspect that you're a little man who would shit your pants if I got in your face.

USN - Retired
12-31-2015, 06:29 PM
I have job, .

If you are going to bullshit us, you should at least have the decency to make the bullshit believable. Given the amount of time that you spend on this forum, there is no way that you have a full time job. Perhaps you have a part time at a fast food restaurant. More than likely, you are unemployed and you live in your mother's basement. And given your attitude, no employer would keep you for four years.

and I've been here for four years.

You've been on this forum for about four years...

I've also been promoted twice.

and you've been promoted to "Senior Member" status on this forum... Is this forum your "job"?

Who is paying you to post your crap on this forum?

Talk about being negative, yet here you are talking a whole bunch of shit you wouldn't dare say to my face. I suspect that you're a little man who would shit your pants if I got in your face.

Why do you say that? Are you going to hit me? I'm out here in Hawaii. Come out here, and I'll say it to your face.

Rusty Jones
12-31-2015, 06:35 PM
If you are going to bullshit us, you should at least have the decency to make the bullshit believable. Given the amount of time that you spend on this forum, there is no way that you have a full time job. Perhaps you have a part time at a fast food restaurant. More than likely, you are unemployed and you live in your mother's basement. And given your attitude, no employer would keep you for four years.

Dude, speak for yourself. If you have any friends here, they're imaginary.

You've been on this forum for about four years...

I've actually been here for seven, under different accounts. The others were deleted in the Rep Wars.

and you've been promoted to "Senior Member" status on this forum... Is this forum your "job"?

Who is paying you to post your crap on this forum?

I have a nice cushy job and a smartphone. I get to do that.

Why do you say that? Are you going to hit me? I'm out here in Hawaii. Come out here, and I'll say it to your face.

Thank god for the internet. It allows to you say shit like this (and everything else you say on here) while remaining in good health. Looks to me like you don't get to do that much in real life, because you're nothing but a little bitch.

Rainmaker
12-31-2015, 07:11 PM
.we can talk reasons and justification, etc. only after we all admit it exists.

"only after we all admit it exists".

Fuck Off. There's no such thing as "white privilege".. Go to fucking Appalachia and tell the people living there all about "white Privilege".

My Father was born in a 2 room tar paper shack during the great depression while, My Grandfather mined coal on the side of a mountain that used to be his farm and was taken from him for pennies on the dollar, thru eminent domain.

"White Privilege" is Just like "Politically Correct speech". another completely Bullshit term made up by ideological subversives that were Intentionally planted in the American Universities and government agencies by the KGB during the cold war.

Now, we've had 40+ years of PC busybodies and feminists spewing this bullshit in academia and government and media,

and this is the results....... A generation of fucking pussies crying for their "safe spaces" and getting offended over perceived slights and demanding the Government take over every aspect of their lives to make sure it's "fair".

USN - Retired
12-31-2015, 07:15 PM
Dude, speak for yourself. If you have any friends here, they're imaginary.

I've actually been here for seven, under different accounts. The others were deleted in the Rep Wars.

And here we see yet another very prompt response from RJ!

It appears that RJ has nothing else to do in life but respond to posts on this forum.

What were the names of the other accounts?

I have a nice cushy job

Responding to posts on this forum does sound like a nice cushy job. Even though all your posts are nonsense, you do a very good job of promptly responding to the posts.

Is Mjölnir or UncaRastus your immediate supervisor?

and a smartphone.

Did you get the smartphone from Mjölnir or UncaRastus?

Who else here on this forum got a smartphone from Mjölnir or UncaRastus?

@ Mjölnir and UncaRastus: Since you gave a smartphone to RJ, it is only fair that you now issue a smartphone to all the other senior members of this forum. And how much are you paying RJ to post his comments on this forum?

Rainmaker
12-31-2015, 07:25 PM

They already have the "solution" They call it "Affirmative Action Laws" which simply means that standards are dumbed down so that incompetents can be shoe horned into key positions at the expense of more qualified Straight White Males.

Rusty Jones
12-31-2015, 07:35 PM
And here we see yet another very prompt response from RJ!

It appears that RJ has nothing else to do in life but respond to posts on this forum.

What were the names of the other accounts?

Responding to posts on this forum does sound like a nice cushy job. Even though all your posts are nonsense, you do a very good job of promptly responding to the posts.

Is Mjölnir or UncaRastus your immediate supervisor?

Did you get the smartphone from Mjölnir or UncaRastus?

Who else here on this forum got a smartphone from Mjölnir or UncaRastus?

@ Mjölnir and UncaRastus: Since you gave a smartphone to RJ, it is only fair that you now issue a smartphone to all the other senior members of this forum. And how much are you paying RJ to post his comments on this forum?

Nothing else left do in life but post in these forums... this coming from someone who's always belligerent with someone here, and makes no secret about how much he hates poor people and women. I'm not the only person who called you on this, by the way - SJ, TJ, AA and, if I'm not mistaken, Bos Motus have all called you out for being a miserable divorcee who got bunt by an ex-wife; resulting in you being in your current mental state.

I think you need to do the world - and yourself - a favor: point a gun to your head and pull the trigger. You contribute absolutely nothing of value to this world.

UncaRastus
12-31-2015, 07:35 PM
Race baiting is not acceptable in the MTF. From any side. Period.

Stop this now, or face being banned for a protracted period of time.

This has to stop.

Rusty Jones
12-31-2015, 07:53 PM
"only after we all admit it exists".

Fuck Off. There's no such thing as "white privilege".. Go to fucking Appalachia and tell the people living there all about "white Privilege".

You do it for me. Your white privilege will allow them to stare at you for more than two seconds and decide not to hang you from the nearest tree.

My Father was born in a 2 room tar paper shack during the great depression while, My Grandfather mined coal on the side of a mountain that used to be his farm and was taken from him for pennies on the dollar, thru imminent domain.

Good thing his efforts to get out of there were rewarded, huh?

"White Privilege" is Just like "Politically Correct speech". another completely Bullshit term made up by ideological subversives that were Intentionally planted in the American Universities and government agencies by the KGB during the cold war.

Apparently, you missed the examples I've given.

Now, we've had 40+ years of PC busybodies and feminists spewing this bullshit in academia and government and media,

and this is the results....... A generation of fucking pussies crying for their "safe spaces" and getting offended over perceived slights and demanding the Government take over every aspect of their lives to make sure it's "fair".

You benefit from the status quo, so of course it pisses you off when people try to do something about it.

garhkal
01-01-2016, 04:49 AM
And, with this, you go on to make the system mistake - i.e., attempting to deny white privilege by justifying it. Makes zero sense.

How was what i said 'denying/justifying' white privilege? If blacks do the most crime, it makes sense to watch them the most... If whites were the ones stealing the most, it would make sense to watch them...

But I'm sure you agree with what the employers were doing...

Nope// How do you figure that?

That is the million dollar question...

I think most of us can see that it's wrong or unfair, for a decent, law-abiding, educated black person to be followed suspiciously by security when they go to Joanne's. Yet, we can see that it happens.

Of those i have been asked by the ladies in the store to follow, not ONE would i clas in that category, based on how they came in looking like 'standard hood rats with their pants hanging below their butt cheeks. Of those who DID come in looking educated/professional, not a ONE has caused management to ask me to follow them.

Both you and rusty seem to make a lot of assumptions on how "I pick who to follow or not".. I don't pick. The management of the store does.

Mjölnir
01-01-2016, 11:42 AM
Gentlemen, alot of infractions were issued based on the last 24 or so hours in this thread. Infractions & warnings were issued for:

-personal insults
-disrupting the thread
-inappropriate language

I would ask everyone to review the guidelines that you agreed to when you joined the forums.

All opinions are valued, but personal insults are not needed nor welcome. Further infractions will result in a loss of posting privileges.

Rainmaker
01-01-2016, 06:35 PM
Daddy, Make the Bad Man Stop!

USN - Retired
01-03-2016, 06:44 PM
Here's an article that does a good job explaining racism and white privilege:

http://www.avoiceformen.com/featured/dissecting-the-new-american-racist/

MikeKerriii
01-03-2016, 07:21 PM

Dumb racist BS from a hate site.

USN - Retired
01-03-2016, 07:47 PM
Dumb racist BS from a hate site.

Can you back up that statement with a cogent and compelling reply? I didn't think so.

Here are some important points from the article...

"But there is a new white racist in town. He doesn’t hate blacks, he just pretends to love them. He’s the guy who wears shirts that say “So Sorry” while acting as surrogates in slavery vengeance fantasies."

"The words “white privilege” have always been about manipulating white people into feeling sorry for black racists trying to profit from the suffering of their own community. Nothing else makes sense."

"The anti-racist activist, either black or white, is a selfish, racist creature that wants your attention for the sake of their ego."

garhkal
01-03-2016, 07:56 PM

I loved reading that. And as to those parents who would put their own kids though the shame of those 'slavery vengeance fantasies', how is it that is not considered child abuse?

MikeKerriii
01-03-2016, 10:23 PM
Can you back up that statement with a cogent and compelling reply? I didn't think so.

Here are some important points from the article...

Those so called important points are simply racist lies, clumsy BS at that. The writer is living the a pathetic dream world with no connection to reality

But what else to you expect form a site that is run by MRA losers? What you call important I call sick fantasies used as excuse to hate, hate against women and minorities.

I don't know which part is dumber the MRA bilge or the racist bull. It does seem like the kind of site that you would love though.