PDA

View Full Version : Lindsey Graham Drops Out

Bos Mutus
12-21-2015, 07:08 PM
WASHINGTON — Presidential candidate Lindsey Graham, a veteran and member of the Senate Armed Services Committee, has dropped out of the race for the Republican nomination, he announced Monday. "I'm suspending my campaign but never my commitment to achieving security through strength for the American people," Graham, R-S.C., said in a video message Monday morning.

...not that he was very "In it"

Rusty Jones
12-21-2015, 07:11 PM
...not that he was very "In it"

It shouldn't have taken this long. It shouldn't be for most of the ones who are still left.

Rainmaker
12-21-2015, 07:21 PM
It shouldn't have taken this long. It shouldn't be for most of the ones who are still left.

The real question is where will Miss Lindsey's zero percent go?

Obviously these neoclowns are only still running to try and delay the inevitable of Donald Trump getting a majority of the vote.

UncaRastus
12-21-2015, 07:25 PM
RM, you don't know much about math. Say that The Trump has 30%. Add the 0. Now he has 300%.

;)

Rusty Jones
12-21-2015, 07:26 PM
I guess we're not going to know what's really going to happen until Iowa and New Hampshire, but... whether Trump gets the nomination or not, the GOP has some serious soul-searching to do. Nixon, Ford, and Reagan created the GOP that allowed Trump to compete in it.

They're going to have to make the GOP a party where people like Trump are not welcome, while still remaining conservative. You do this by dropping the Southern Strategy, and going back to the same platform started by Taft after he parted ways with Teddy Roosevelt. Granted, the GOP has some bad presidents that pushed the country to the brink after Taft (Harding, Coolidge, Hoover); but Eisenhower made that platform work, and pretty damn good.

That's where the GOP needs to look back to.

giggawatt
12-21-2015, 07:33 PM
RM, you don't know much about math. Say that The Trump has 30%. Add the 0. Now he has 300%.

;)

I lol'd.

http://i.imgur.com/rBUNwcw.gif

Rainmaker
12-21-2015, 08:01 PM
I guess we're not going to know what's really going to happen until Iowa and New Hampshire, but... whether Trump gets the nomination or not, the GOP has some serious soul-searching to do. Nixon, Ford, and Reagan created the GOP that allowed Trump to compete in it.

They're going to have to make the GOP a party where people like Trump are not welcome, while still remaining conservative. You do this by dropping the Southern Strategy, and going back to the same platform started by Taft after he parted ways with Teddy Roosevelt. Granted, the GOP has some bad presidents that pushed the country to the brink after Taft (Harding, Coolidge, Hoover); but Eisenhower made that platform work, and pretty damn good.

That's where the GOP needs to look back to.

Trump is taking the party back.

He's very similar to Taft on trade and Ike on immigration.

The problem with the GOP is not the southern strategy (which they haven't following)

The problem is that starting with Bush I they sold out the base to Israel first neocon interests.

Rusty Jones
12-21-2015, 08:07 PM
Trump is taking the party back. He's very similar to Taft in trade and Ike on immigration.

The problem with the GOP is not the southern strategy (which they haven't following) The problem is that starting with Bush I they sold out the base to Israel first neocon interests.

Bullshit. Nixon started a dynasty, and every Republican president since him is a part of that dynasty. If GOP candidate, other than Bush, gets elected; then the dynasty will be broken. But considering that the appeal to racism has won the South (and has continued to do so, even more) since the Southern Strategy began, to claim that the GOP isn't using it is false.

Lee Atwater explained how it works. Hell, people talking about "handouts" and "free shit" is all a part of it.

Rainmaker
12-21-2015, 08:24 PM
Bullshit. Nixon started a dynasty, and every Republican president since him is a part of that dynasty. If GOP candidate, other than Bush, gets elected; then the dynasty will be broken. But considering that the appeal to racism has won the South (and has continued to do so, even more) since the Southern Strategy began, to claim that the GOP isn't using it is false.

Lee Atwater explained how it works. Hell, people talking about "handouts" and "free shit" is all a part of it.

They pose as conservatives in the primary, run as moderates in the general election and then govern as liberals.

30 years of flooding the country with illegals to suppress wages, offshoring jobs and fighting Israels wars have caught up to them.

And the Clinton's are no different.

Now the delegates will either support Trump or the GOP will cease to exist. Either of which would better than nominating another neocon puppet.

As much as I can't stand obama I admit he probably delayed world war 3 by preventing a McCain or Clinton presidency

Rainmaker
12-21-2015, 08:54 PM
I lol'd.

http://i.imgur.com/rBUNwcw.gif

Let's see if you're still laughing when Trump is declared Emperor God of New Saxony!

garhkal
12-22-2015, 03:28 AM
Now the delegates will either support Trump or the GOP will cease to exist. Either of which would better than nominating another neocon puppet.

I agree. With how many people are showing their displeasure in how the GOP runs things, if they dump on trump enough to force him to go independent, then i feel the GOP will cease to exist as a powerhouse.

giggawatt
12-22-2015, 08:01 AM
Let's see if you're still laughing when Trump is declared Emperor God of New Saxony!

I won't be laughing, I'll be cheering. (I'll come back with the appropriate gif.)

I loved John Saxon in Enter the Dragon.

Mjölnir
12-22-2015, 12:34 PM
Senator Graham was interesting for a while. It became obvious very quickly his campaign was not getting traction and that he would not be the nominee. So ... why did he stay in the race? My opinion:

He is part of the more established portion of the GOP. He could counter some of the more radical things being said by Donald Trump (defending the majority of the GOP that doesn't agree with Trump) thereby not forcing one of the other 'established' candidates to do it head on and say things that may alienate them from potential or 'on the fence' Trump supporters. This insulated folks like Bush, Rubio, Cruz and even Carson from the direct backlash of Trump supporters -- taking one 'for the team' if you will.

Again, just an opinion / theory.

Rainmaker
12-22-2015, 12:49 PM
I won't be laughing, I'll be cheering. (I'll come back with the appropriate gif.)

I loved John Saxon in Enter the Dragon.

en garde!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmfudW7rbG0

MikeKerriii
12-22-2015, 01:46 PM
I agree. With how many people are showing their displeasure in how the GOP runs things, if they dump on trump enough to force him to go independent, then i feel the GOP will cease to exist as a powerhouse.
If trump wins the nomination, the GOP will not even exist as a powerhouse until the elections, and definitely not afterwards. I think that many or most of those who whistle past the graveyard, by saying that "he will not be nominated" will simply walk away rather that vote for, or support the scumbag.

Mjölnir
12-22-2015, 02:07 PM
If trump wins the nomination, the GOP will not even exist as a powerhouse until the elections, and definitely not afterwards. I think that many or most of those who whistle past the graveyard, by saying that "he will not be nominated" will simply walk away rather that vote for, or support the scumbag.

There is still the House and Senate (which the House for now is pretty securely GOP, the Senate may flip back.)

The Legislature being the opposing party than the Executive can be a significant issue.

Historically, Both Presidents Reagan and Clinton were much better than either Presidents George W. Bush or Obama at working with members of Congress from the opposing party -- cause they kind of have to in order to get stuff done.

MikeKerriii
12-23-2015, 05:43 PM
There is still the House and Senate (which the House for now is pretty securely GOP, the Senate may flip back.)

The Legislature being the opposing party than the Executive can be a significant issue.

Historically, Both Presidents Reagan and Clinton were much better than either Presidents George W. Bush or Obama at working with members of Congress from the opposing party -- cause they kind of have to in order to get stuff done.

I thionk that Trump running in the general would doom many of the Republicans running for Senate and many of the Republicans running for the house. He may really be a game changers, just like McGovern was for the Democrats in 1968. If ever the was a prescription to cure the Democrats problem of failing to vote, Trump is that prescription.

I think he has "Schonged" himself with too many groups.

Bos Mutus
12-23-2015, 06:35 PM
The Republican Party is at risk of losing its members if lawmakers continue to make decisions that ignore their values, former Gov. Mike Huckabee (R-Ark.) said Wednesday.
“I do know that voters are very angry,” the presidential hopeful said on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe." "You sense it on the campaign trail. One of the things you see is a seething rage.

“This budget vote last week … it put a lot of people over the top because they just feel like the whole purpose of working hard to get Republican majorities in the House and the Senate was to make some significant policy changes,” Huckabee said, citing last week’s $1.8 trillion government funding bill.“The Republicans folded,” he added. "That’s why people in the Republican Party are just bolting for the door.”
Huckabee argued that Republican lawmakers did not fight hard enough for conservative priorities in the funding package.
“They were given four aces, and they laid their cards down before they even anted up for the game,” he said.
“It was absolutely outrageous to see a whole litany of things [included], whether it was Planned Parenthood funding, funding for Syrian refugee relocation, [a] 400 percent increase in bringing in foreign workers to replace Americans,” Huckabee continued.
"I mean, all the Republicans got was export of oil," he added, referencing the end of a long-time ban on crude oil exports.
“What does that say about Republicans? That the only thing they care about is exporting oil? They don’t care a hoot about rank-and-file Republicans?”

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/264096-huckabee-gop-members-are-bolting-for-the-door

Is discontent with the GOP the new conservative calling card?

Maybe by next election, you can't be considered "a real conservative" unless you've left the Republican Party.

Rainmaker
12-24-2015, 01:11 AM
Is discontent with the GOP the new conservative calling card?
Maybe by next election, you can't be considered "a real conservative" unless you've left the Republican Party.

It's really pretty simple Bos . People are sick and tired of being lied to and told what they can or can't think or say by a bunch of useless morons who have run the country into the ditch.

I think he has "Schonged" himself with too many groups.

see Page 5. Trump up again to 39%, with Cruz at 18 and Carson at 10%.

Basically, this shit show is over and has been since July.

The only question remaining is whether or not the old guard stooges lock him out.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2015/images/12/22/cnnpoll.pdf

By the way Heb's sitting at 3%. The real question is how in the hell did he ever even get 3?

looks like He not only got "schlonged" by the Don. But, he got dick slapped right across the face too!

Rainmaker
12-24-2015, 04:16 AM
taking one 'for the team' if you will.

Again, just an opinion / theory.

Roger stone breaks it down nicely here.

http://stonezone.com/article.php?id=696

The problem for the GOPe Road Map has been the dominance of Donald Trump in disrupting their initial goals to nominate Jeb Bush with 10-20% of the primary vote. Trump, as a fiery populist "America First" frontrunner nominee was just never anticipated in their construct.

As soon as Trump eliminated the "splitter strategy" benefit? various GOPe approaches were deployed to overcome The Donald. However, almost all of the subsequent maneuvers failed as Trump gained a more broad coalition of support.

The Washington insider strategy now evolved into a concerted effort to group a non-Trump coalition, this is why no "splitter" candidate is being urged to withdraw.

Think 1976 - The same GOP establishment apparatus screwed Ronald Reagan out of the nomination with the use of delegates at the convention. The GOP establishment gave the nomination to Gerald Ford knowing that he would lose to Carter.In '76 the GOP establishment were OK losing to Carter. In 2015 the same GOPe is just as OK losing the 2016 race to Hillary Clinton if needed. They still retain power. It buys them 4 more years.

Absinthe Anecdote
12-24-2015, 01:57 PM
Roger Stone is an alternative historian, or a nut job for lack of a better term.

Watch Trump's lead vanish when the first primary occurs.

Rainmaker
12-24-2015, 02:24 PM
Roger Stone is an alternative historian, or a nut job for lack of a better term.

Roger Stone is a political Operative.

Basically a Gentile version of David Axelrod.

As usual, you don't dispute any of the analysis, or present any discussion about what you disagree with.

so, you should just Stick to posting anti-American propaganda from the Iranian State Tv

Watch Trump's lead vanish when the first primary occurs.

Trump could lose in Iowa, because the state is full of Israel firster evangelicals and still 90% rural white and therefore it's not yet a crime ridden shithole (so they haven't figured out how bad it is yet)

plus it's completely dependent on Big government (RINO) agriculture handouts.

But, After that we'll see what happens.

68% is currently polling for the non establishment candidates.

UncaRastus
12-24-2015, 07:51 PM
I just glanced at what you offered, AA.

I thought that you said Stone was a magician, and was going to make The Trumps head disappear, during the primaries.

I like this version better. No, I don't want The Trump decapitated, but I laughed and laughed, before I reread your post.

MikeKerriii
12-24-2015, 09:51 PM
It's really pretty simple Bos . People are sick and tired of being lied to and told what they can or can't think or say by a bunch of useless morons who have run the country into the ditch.

see Page 5. Trump up again to 39%, with Cruz at 18 and Carson at 10%.

Basically, this shit show is over and has been since July.

The only question remaining is whether or not the old guard stooges lock him out.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2015/images/12/22/cnnpoll.pdf

By the way Heb's sitting at 3%. The real question is how in the hell did he ever even get 3?

looks like He not only got "schlonged" by the Don. But, he got dick slapped right across the face too!
That is 39% of the republican party, the party that is both the smallest of the main political groups and the dumbest, A majority of which still think that Obama was not born in the US,

Rainmaker
12-25-2015, 02:29 AM
A majority of which still think that Obama was not born in the US,

The Hawaiian health official who verified the authenticity of President Obama's birth certificate died in a small plane crash.

The plane, carrying a pilot and eight passengers, went down Wednesday in the water a half mile off the Hawaiian island of Molokai, the Maui Fire Department said. The lone fatality was Loretta Fuddy,

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/12/12/hawaii-obama-birth-certificate-fuddy/3996657/

Let me guess..... The plane crashed into a grassy knoll.

MikeKerriii
12-25-2015, 03:17 AM
The Hawaiian health official who verified the authenticity of President Obama's birth certificate died in a small plane crash.

The plane, carrying a pilot and eight passengers, went down Wednesday in the water a half mile off the Hawaiian island of Molokai, the Maui Fire Department said. The lone fatality was Loretta Fuddy,

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/12/12/hawaii-obama-birth-certificate-fuddy/3996657/

Let me guess..... The plane crashed into a grassy knoll.

Perhaps you might want to loosen up your tinfoil.

This might help:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/shieldapparel/shield-the-world-s-first-signal-proof-headwear

Multiple officials saw and verified the Birth Certificate and the only reason it was even in questions was that the guy had a funny name and more importantly was black

Absinthe Anecdote
12-25-2015, 03:42 PM
Roger Stone is a political Operative.

Basically a Gentile version of David Axelrod.

As usual, you don't dispute any of the analysis, or present any discussion about what you disagree with.

so, you should just Stick to posting anti-American propaganda from the Iranian State Tv

Read his about page. He self identifies as an alternative historian.

He also wrote a book that claims LBJ was behind the Kennedy assassination.

The guy is a nut job.

Trump could lose in Iowa, because the state is full of Israel firster evangelicals and still 90% rural white and therefore it's not yet a crime ridden shithole (so they haven't figured out how bad it is yet)

plus it's completely dependent on Big government (RINO) agriculture handouts.

But, After that we'll see what happens.

68% is currently polling for the non establishment candidates.

And there you go again being racist.

garhkal
12-25-2015, 06:47 PM
That is 39% of the republican party, the party that is both the smallest of the main political groups and the dumbest, A majority of which still think that Obama was not born in the US,

Where you getting the dumbest from? Do you see Republicans demonstrating on campuses to create "Free speech zones, so they don't have to listen to people saying stuff they don't want to hear? Do you see Republicans demand someone of the opposite thought pattern NOT be allowed to show up at their college to speak?
No, only Dems do that.

MikeKerriii
12-26-2015, 02:35 AM
Where you getting the dumbest from? Do you see Republicans demonstrating on campuses to create "Free speech zones, so they don't have to listen to people saying stuff they don't want to hear? Do you see Republicans demand someone of the opposite thought pattern NOT be allowed to show up at their college to speak?
No, only Dems do that., Republican in general look like idiots this year with Trumps supporters not even reaching that high:

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2015/12/trump-leads-grows-nationally-41-of-his-voters-want-to-bomb-country-from-aladdin-clinton-maintains-bi.html

-46% support a national database of Muslims, to only 37% opposed. Trump voters support this 66/15 but voters for the other top candidates are more closely divided- Cruz's (40/41) and Rubio's (44/45) narrowly oppose it while Bush's (36/49) do by a wider spread.

-36% think thousands of Arabs in New Jersey cheered when the World Trade Center collapsed to 35% who don't think that happened. Supporters of Trump (49/24) and Cruz (47/22) both pretty firmly think that occurred while Bush (37/51) and Rubio (22/46) voters don't think it did.
-Only 28% of GOP primary voters go so far as to think mosques in the United States should be shut down to 47% opposed to that. Trump voters are on an island on that issue- they support it 45/28 but backers of Cruz (23/40) and especially Rubio (18/66) and Bush (14/68) are strongly against it.

-Supporters of most of the major GOP candidates agree with the basic premise that Islam should be legal in the United States- it's 59/21 with Cruz voters, 67/11 with Bush voters, and 77/10 with Rubio voters. Trump supporters are off on their own on that one too though- just 33% think Islam should be legal to 42% who think it should be illegal. Overall 53% of primary voters think Islam should be allowed to just 26% who don't think it should be.

An majority of Republicans and a large majority among Trumps supporters are stupid enough to believe that Obama was born overseas and is a Muslim, and nobody with an IQ above room temperature could believe either, unless they were reality challenged or just saying so to con the gullible.

garhkal
12-26-2015, 04:47 AM
, Republican in general look like idiots this year with Trumps supporters not even reaching that high:

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2015/12/trump-leads-grows-nationally-41-of-his-voters-want-to-bomb-country-from-aladdin-clinton-maintains-bi.html

The same could be said for all those liberal Hillary supporters, believing her after all her lies..

An majority of Republicans and a large majority among Trumps supporters are stupid enough to believe that Obama was born overseas and is a Muslim, and nobody with an IQ above room temperature could believe either, unless they were reality challenged or just saying so to con the gullible.

With how he seems to never be able to say islam and terrorist in the same sentence, apologizes to them like crazy, along with several of his quotes on Islam... Such as
A) “The sweetest sound I know is the Muslim call to prayer”
B) "These rituals remind us of the principles that we hold in common, and Islam’s role in advancing justice, progress, tolerance, and the dignity of all human beings" (sorry but WHEN has islam done a damn thing to advance the dignity of all humans, tolerance or justice)
C) “So I have known Islam on three continents before coming to the region where it was first revealed”
D) “The future must not belong to those who slander the Prophet of Islam”
E) “Islam is not part of the problem in combating violent extremism – it is an important part of promoting peace.” (try telling this to all those in Somalia, Nigeria, Syria, and so on)

With all that, he sure as hell sounds like a Muslim..

MikeKerriii
12-26-2015, 05:34 AM
The same could be said for all those liberal Hillary supporters, believing her after all her lies.. Most of us don't believe everything she says, but her lies tend to be self serving , and his tend to be psychopathic hate. The more dishonest and hateful the slime bag is the more you guys love him,

With how he seems to never be able to say islam and terrorist in the same sentence, apologizes to them like crazy, along with several of his quotes on Islam... Such as
A) “The sweetest sound I know is the Muslim call to prayer”
B) "These rituals remind us of the principles that we hold in common, and Islam’s role in advancing justice, progress, tolerance, and the dignity of all human beings" (sorry but WHEN has islam done a damn thing to advance the dignity of all humans, tolerance or justice)
C) “So I have known Islam on three continents before coming to the region where it was first revealed”
D) “The future must not belong to those who slander the Prophet of Islam”
E) “Islam is not part of the problem in combating violent extremism – it is an important part of promoting peace.” (try telling this to all those in Somalia, Nigeria, Syria, and so on)

With all that, he sure as hell sounds like a Muslim..

Obama doesn't want to pick a fight with a quarter of the worlds population, only a imbecile would think doing so is a good idea.

Those things you listed are simple statement of facts, with the exception of A which is a matter of artistic taste. As far as E goes the two largest Muslim countries are pretty damned peaceful, more so than the US at least.

Which of those statements would make him a Muslim? I've been an atheist far longer that you have been alive and agree with all those statement except A, I find the call to prayer a bit musically annoying myself, but I still am an atheist not a Muslim, Not being a ignorant and idiotic religious bigot doesn't make someone an Muslim.

All those statements prove is that he is not an ignorant bigoted jackass like Trump and a large majority of his supporters,

Bos Mutus
12-26-2015, 06:29 PM
The same could be said for all those liberal Hillary supporters, believing her after all her lies..

So, what you're saying is Republicans are idiots....but so are Hillary supporters.

Rusty Jones
12-26-2015, 06:35 PM
So, what you're saying is Republicans are idiots....but so are Hillary supporters.

He must be a Bernie Sanders supporter. As a Bernie Sanders supporter myself, I think I can speak for us all by agreeing with that.

On the right, you've got Trump who appeals to such base people who are motivated by "Yeah, let's get rid of Mexicans and Muslims, and go blow shit up in the Middle East."

Then... the Hillary Clinton supporters, well, I just don't see to many who actively follow politics or things going on in the world in general. She's simply a familiar, which appeals to people who simply go with what they know which doesn't appear to be much with her supporters. Thankfully, people like that won't be showing up to the primaries.

garhkal
12-26-2015, 08:48 PM
Those things you listed are simple statement of facts, with the exception of A which is a matter of artistic taste. As far as E goes the two largest Muslim countries are pretty damned peaceful, more so than the US at least.

Statement of fact?? So IYO Islam is a religion of tolerance, Justice and Human Dignity, with how they treat women?? Are you kidding me?

Which of those statements would make him a Muslim? I've been an atheist far longer that you have been alive and agree with all those statement except A, I find the call to prayer a bit musically annoying myself, but I still am an atheist not a Muslim, Not being a ignorant and idiotic religious bigot doesn't make someone an Muslim.

All those statements prove is that he is not an ignorant bigoted jackass like Trump and a large majority of his supporters,

When you compare it to his statements on Christianity (which he claims to be), it shows his mind is more in LINE with Islam than Christianity.

Rusty Jones
12-26-2015, 09:25 PM
Statement of fact?? So IYO Christianity is a religion of tolerance, Justice and Human Dignity, with how they treat women?? Are you kidding me?

See, it would work this way too.

Rainmaker
12-27-2015, 02:31 AM
Read his about page. He self identifies as an alternative historian.

He also wrote a book that claims LBJ was behind the Kennedy assassination.

The guy is a nut job.

The guy has a tattoo of Nixon on his back and believes that there was a Conspiracy to kill JFK (as 61% of Americans do).

So what?

How does that make his analysis ,that the RNC and Donors are attempting to prop up the establishment candidates over the grassroots candidates (that 2/3rds of the republican voters currently support) faulty?

And there you go again being racist.

YAWN. Nobody cares. go research the demographics of Iowa and you'll see that I'm right.

MikeKerriii
12-27-2015, 02:53 PM
Statement of fact?? So IYO Islam is a religion of tolerance, Justice and Human Dignity, with how they treat women?? Are you kidding me? It is at least as peaceful h as Christianity has been, and far more tolerant that Christianity was when Christianity was the same age. We are at war with a particuar sect of Islam, a subsect to be exact. Why would we be considered at war with the Sufi's , Shiites or the majority of Sunni's, NO Abrahamaic faith is peaceful, since they are all based on the same blond soaked old testament, the Jews though do a pretty good job of it now though.

When you compare it to his statements on Christianity (which he claims to be), it shows his mind is more in LINE with Islam than Christianity.
What utter BS, what statements are you comparing? What is wrong with showing respect to beliefs of the worlds second largest faith?

Mjölnir
12-27-2015, 08:35 PM
It is at least as peaceful h as Christianity has been, and far more tolerant that Christianity was when Christianity was the same age.

My issue with folks who make that argument is that we are living in the 'here and now'.

Yes, Christianity had a period of violence and extreme intolerance, that was a few hundred years ago. By and large Christianity has become very different than it was at the time of the Crusades, European expansion etc. At the same time:

We are at war with a particuar sect of Islam, a subsect to be exact.

Concur, there is a particular brand of Islam that is the nexus of the majority of violent extremism today. There is another group within Islam that is condemning of the extremism. Of concern are those in the middle, who have yet to take a stance (one way or the other), who may not be willing to commit violence but are just fine with it.

MikeKerriii
12-27-2015, 09:32 PM
My issue with folks who make that argument is that we are living in the 'here and now'.

Yes, Christianity had a period of violence and extreme intolerance, that was a few hundred years ago. By and large Christianity has become very different than it was at the time of the Crusades, European expansion etc. At the same time: I'm not just bigoted hate from so called Christians against Muslims and the hate in the post I was responding to. You don;t think that the are millions of Americans that would not be happy to feed non-believers and/or the "the Other" into ovens, and do so with a smile. Listen to Trump rally and you will be disabused of that ideas, and almost of all of the will call themselves Christians. Now they just pick other groups to hate, but the excuses remain the same,

If Bigotered ignrance qwas not the norm in this so called "Christian nation" why would Obama's religion even be a matter for discusion

Concur, there is a particular brand of Islam that is the nexus of the majority of violent extremism today. There is another group within Islam that is condemning of the extremism. Of concern are those in the middle, who have yet to take a stance (one way or the other), who may not be willing to commit violence but are just fine with it. Who is just fine with it? Does that not apply also to the US top those who are "fine" with our uses for violence?

I woulds also say that a lot of the hate is not Islam vs Christianity but the simple fact that in most of those nations the last few centuries most genocidal murderous villains have called themselves Christians. Like a man who ordered the use of poison gas on civilian villages to allow conquest of a nation being considered a great man it, Half of even the internal conflicts are due to idiotic "Christian" governments drawing borders, based on who had stolen what, Africa, and the Middle East still bleed from that.

It doesn't look Like ISIS has yet become as murderously evil as Belgium was just over a century ago,

My oldest brother was alive when we the UK and the US deposed the leader of Iran an put in a dictator, Then we wonder why they were mad at us for supporting a savage we had put in power?

Mjölnir
12-27-2015, 11:51 PM
You don;t think that the are millions of Americans that would not be happy to feed non-believers and/or the "the Other" into ovens, and do so with a smile.

No, I don't. I think there is a big difference between the folks who support Donald Trump, some of whom I am sure are in fact bigots and being the type of person who would willingly murder someone; I think even most bigots are not willing to commit murder because of their hatred ... that is a HUGE leap. However if you look for =nothing but the hate, that is all you are going to see.

Even with Trump's current polling numbers, I would hardly say those who support him are the majority of either the U.S. or those who don't identify as Democrats, or even the GOP. Republicans (or those who lean R) are about 42% of the US, Trump is currently polling in the mid 30's ... so roughly 1/3 of that 42% or about 13% of the US ... far from the majority. Now what is interesting and is about the only correlation that can unemotionally be made between the popularity of Trump and some very bad / evil people in history is that they seem to effectively tap into a small segment of a frustrated populace. Before Hitler seized power (in 1933) only 850,000 out of 66 million Germans were card-carrying Nazis. After the Nazi seizure of power, there was a big surge in membership. At its peak, Party membership reached 8 million out of 80 million Germans. Trump is far from Hitler, but a frustrated, energetic and not-so-silent minority can get a lot more done than a less than energetic majority. Obama did the same thing in 2008, energizing large sections of the electorate (even in the primaries) that were frustrated with the status quo.

If Bigotered ignrance qwas not the norm in this so called "Christian nation" why would Obama's religion even be a matter for discusion.

Obama's religion (true or speculated) isn't an issue for the vast majority of people, left or right.

Who is just fine with it? Does that not apply also to the US top those who are "fine" with our uses for violence?

There are large pockets in the Middle East where people were not celebrating 9/11 but also were not condemning of the act or where condemnation of ISIS is still very lacking. A bit closer to home, the Muslim sections of many US cities are notably indifferent on condemning acts of violent extremism.

I woulds also say that a lot of the hate is not Islam vs Christianity but the simple fact that in most of those nations the last few centuries most genocidal murderous villains have called themselves Christians. Like a man who ordered the use of poison gas on civilian villages to allow conquest of a nation being considered a great man it, Half of even the internal conflicts are due to idiotic "Christian" governments drawing borders, based on who had stolen what, Africa, and the Middle East still bleed from that.

Is that a fault of Christianity or a byproduct of the fact that the Christian world has dominated the last couple of centuries? It is harder to find, but you can find plenty of murderous events that were not perpetuated by Christian or Western nations, they are just not as known. The argument could be made that over the course of history, Islam has killed nearly as many people as Christianity.

It doesn't look Like ISIS has yet become as murderously evil as Belgium was just over a century ago,

I think you are confusing quantity with their dogma or their intent.

Anyone who studies or reads history cannot deny that Christianity has had atrocities committed in its name. Islamic extremism or ISIS is on the rise, in some places growing rapidly and I am more worried about what is happening in our world now than rehashing something that is accepted to have happened and was horrible 100 years ago or more.

Rainmaker
12-28-2015, 03:36 AM
Most of us don't believe everything she says, but her lies tend to be self serving , and his tend to be psychopathic hate. The more dishonest and hateful the slime bag is the more you guys love him,

orant and idiotic religious bigot doesn't make someone an Muslim.

All those statements prove is that he is notObama doesn't want to pick a fight with a quarter of the worlds population, only a imbecile would think doing so is a good idea.

Which of those statements would make him a Muslim? I've been an atheist far longer that you have been alive and agree with all those statement except A, I find the call to prayer a bit musically annoying myself, but I still am an atheist not a Muslim, Not being a ign an ignorant bigoted jackass like Trump and a large majority of his supporters,

How do you feel about what Hillary did to the women her husband raped?

MikeKerriii
12-28-2015, 04:24 PM
How do you feel about what Hillary did to the women her husband raped?

Unlike you, I don't get emotionally involved in fictional events.

USN - Retired
12-28-2015, 05:42 PM

You are a misogynist. And a rape apologist. Bill Clinton is a rapist. He has raped numerous women.

The evidence that Bill Clinton raped women is stronger than the evidence that Bill Cosby raped women.

"To every survivor of sexual assault...You have the right to be heard. You have the right to be believed. We're with you." ~Hillary Clinton

Of course, we all know that Hillary won't "walk" the "talk".

MikeKerriii
12-28-2015, 07:07 PM
You are a misogynist. And a rape apologist. Bill Clinton is a rapist. He has raped numerous women.

The evidence that Bill Clinton raped women is stronger than the evidence that Bill Cosby raped women.

"To every survivor of sexual assault...You have the right to be heard. You have the right to be believed. We're with you." ~Hillary Clinton

Of course, we all know that Hillary won't "walk" the "talk".

The evidence of rape you cite is the fetid BS of political hacks and the deranged babbling of people who substitute hate for reason.

You, with your open hate for women, calling anyone a misogynist is simply silly, or a poor attempt at humor

MikeKerriii
12-28-2015, 07:53 PM
No, I don't. I think there is a big difference between the folks who support Donald Trump, some of whom I am sure are in fact bigots and being the type of person who would willingly murder someone; I think even most bigots are not willing to commit murder because of their hatred ... that is a HUGE leap. However if you look for =nothing but the hate, that is all you are going to see. I think that a large majority of Trumps followers that would happily push Muslims and others onto the ovens, If they could do so safely. The only thing stopping them is simple cowardice.

Obama's religion (true or speculated) isn't an issue for the vast majority of people, left or right. I would disagree, especially since religious bigotry is endorced by all three leading Republican Candidates, and even all the announced trump supporters on this board

There are large pockets in the Middle East where people were not celebrating 9/11 but also were not condemning of the act or where condemnation of ISIS is still very lacking. A bit closer to home, the Muslim sections of many US cities are notably indifferent on condemning acts of violent extremism. Most Muslim do not live in the Middle East, making king that assumption is a very typical American mistake though.

The bit about the Muslim in the US being silent is mostly imaginary, or selective blindness

Is that a fault of Christianity or a byproduct of the fact that the Christian world has dominated the last couple of centuries? It is harder to find, but you can find plenty of murderous events that were not perpetuated by Christian or Western nations, they are just not as known. The argument could be made that over the course of history, Islam has killed nearly as many people as Christianity. Since the murderous scum wore the labels and used the Chrstianityas their excuse on a regular basis does it make a difference

I think you are confusing quantity with their dogma or their intent. Christian Dogma has been used to murder on huge scales, From the time of Constantine until Italy in the 1930s

Anyone who studies or reads history cannot deny that Christianity has had atrocities committed in its name. Islamic extremism or ISIS is on the rise, in some places growing rapidly and I am more worried about what is happening in our world now than rehashing something that is accepted to have happened and was horrible 100 years ago or more. Not everyone in the US, and especially outside the US views history as irrelevant, or uses such a short timeline. Many of the problems in the middle east were caused by European bumbling a hundred years ago, and continued bumbling to this date, For example would Iran be so hostile to US if we and the Brits had not overthrown their government, installed a dictator then supported that murderous scum for decades?

Mjölnir
12-28-2015, 08:30 PM
Most Muslim do not live in the Middle East, making king that assumption is a very typical American mistake though.

I didn't say the majority of Muslims live in the Middle East, I said that there are large pockets in the Middle East that display ambivalence to the extremist violence. Having spent literally years in the Middle East and seeing the areas I am talking about first hand, I will trust my real world experience.

The bit about the Muslim in the US being silent is mostly imaginary, or selective blindness

Again, I am talking about pockets of ambivalence and modest/moderate support to extremist ideology - I hate stereotyping, but looking at where the two largest FBI Counter Terrorism offices are (outside of DC) is telling and not at all proportionate to the general population.

Not everyone in the US, and especially outside the US views history as irrelevant, or uses such a short timeline. Many of the problems in the middle east were caused by European bumbling a hundred years ago, and continued bumbling to this date, For example would Iran be so hostile to US if we and the Brits had not overthrown their government, installed a dictator then supported that murderous scum for decades?

History is far from irrelevant; however using history to excuse the violent actions of extremists today is undermining moving forward. The Serbs and Muslims have the same problem, the big issue between them is something that happened about 700 years ago that few people can actually even trace roots to ... but it led to a near genocide of Muslims in the 1990's.

A huge contributor to Muslim / Islamic extremism is the same thing that disenfranchises many in the U.S.: poor conditions, lack of education, lack of either ability or motivation to change their personal situation. It is easy to fall prey to extremist views (religious, social, economic etc.) when the individual can't see or manage a way out.

USN - Retired
12-28-2015, 11:18 PM
The evidence of rape you cite is the fetid BS of political hacks and the deranged babbling of people who substitute hate for reason.

@ MikeKerriii - YOU are a rape apologist.

The evidence is from women who were raped. The evidence is overwhelming. The number of victims is overwhelming. Given your deep and open hatred for women, I am not surprised that you choose to not believe the many female victims of Bill Clinton. I have to admit that I have never seen anyone defend and embrace the crime of rape as much as you do. Do you defend and support all men who rape or only left wing liberal men who rape?

Your support of people who commit sexual assault is disturbing. Seek mental health treatment immediately.

You, with your open hate for women, calling anyone a misogynist is simply silly, or a poor attempt at humor

Me? Hate women? I don't think so. Perhaps you are just trying to project your own hatred of women onto me.

Bill Clinton is a rapist. Bill Clinton is a sexual predator. Hillary Clinton knows that Bill Clinton is a sexual predator, yet she continues to defend him.

MikeKerriii
12-28-2015, 11:26 PM
@ MikeKerriii - YOU are a rape apologist.

The evidence is from women who were raped. The evidence is overwhelming. The number of victims is overwhelming. Given your deep and open hatred for women, I am not surprised that you choose to not believe the many female victims of Bill Clinton. I have to admit that I have never seen anyone defend and embrace the crime of rape as much as you do. Do you defend and support all men who rape or only left wing liberal men who rape?

Your support of people who commit sexual assault is disturbing. Seek mental health treatment immediately.

Me? Hate women? I don't think so. Perhaps you are just trying to project your own hatred of women onto me.

Bill Clinton is a rapist. Bill Clinton is a sexual predator. Hillary Clinton knows that Bill Clinton is a sexual predator, yet she continues The "rapes" go into the same round file as Obama's Kenya birth, Jade Helm being a takeover plot, Vince Fosters "murder" and Chem-trails. Don't expect others to join you in your delusions

Mjölnir
12-28-2015, 11:32 PM
http://reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/popcorn_stephen_colbert.gif

Rollyn01
12-28-2015, 11:41 PM
http://reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/popcorn_stephen_colbert.gif

Err... mind passing the popcorn? :cool:

Rainmaker
12-29-2015, 01:25 AM

These words Ring hollow when you keep shitting in your pants on every single thread with little gems like this...

You don;t think that the are millions of Americans that would not be happy to feed non-believers and/or the "the Other" into ovens, and do so with a smile. Listen to Trump rally and you will be disabused of that ideas,

garhkal
12-29-2015, 03:41 AM
These words Ring hollow when you keep shitting in your pants on every single thread with little gems like this...

Agreed. MK keeps sounding like he has drunk so much of the liberal 'cool aid' that it has replaced all his blood.

MikeKerriii
12-29-2015, 02:32 PM
Agreed. MK keeps sounding like he has drunk so much of the liberal 'cool aid' that it has replaced all his blood.

Typical Trump supporter and more than a bit pathetic, you can't argue facts so you go for personal insults. That just means that you can't win the argument of facts and have to result to sandbox rules

garhkal
12-30-2015, 02:48 AM
Kind of hard to argue the facts when you won't acknowledge them as facts (such as the discussion we had on what laws your gal, hillary has broken).

Rusty Jones
12-30-2015, 01:49 PM
Another one bites the dust: http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/264406-pataki-to-drop-out-report

Rainmaker
12-30-2015, 02:07 PM
Another one bites the dust: http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/264406-pataki-to-drop-out-report

Trump was right. Pataki couldn't be elected dog catcher if he ran.

Now, The idiot pundits (that are always wrong) will spend the next 2 days pontificating about where the 0 percent of the electorate that was supporting this RINO stiff are going to go.

Rainmaker
01-23-2016, 03:06 PM

http://thehill.com/blogs/congress-blog/presidential-campaign/266477-the-smoking-gun

More allegations coming out.

Why in the hell are they dragging this out so long? When at the very least it's pretty clear that her private server wasn't secured and that foreign entities had access to classified information.

If we still had the rule of law in this country this treasonous hag would be doing a perp walk in an orange jump suit with chains around her cankles.

But, since we're effectively living in a banana republic. My guess is they'll be forced to charge Hillary with some sort of low-level misdemeanor (after the election) along the lines of mishandling classified information.

I wonder if President Trump is going to pardon her?

UncaRastus
01-23-2016, 03:12 PM
Lindsey dropped out? I wonder if her bff Paris H. will be consoling her?