PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Mjölnir
12-19-2015, 06:29 PM
Saw it this morning with the kiddo.

She commented that the princess looked old.

Also, Harry met Captain Kirk and got the One Ring back to Westeros.

UncaRastus
12-19-2015, 08:12 PM
Mr. Spock (the new guy, since Spock Prime has died) is coming over to your house on Christmas day, to give you such a Vulcan shoulder pinch!

Harrumph.

UncaRastus
12-19-2015, 08:17 PM
All right, I'll be the shill. How was the movie?

And the best part for those that haven't seen it yet? Details of the ending!

Movie spoiler! Alert! General quarters! Spoiler alert!

Come on. You really want to do this, eh!

Mjölnir
12-19-2015, 11:35 PM
No spoilers.

I really liked it. The best one slice The Empire strikes Back. On par with Return of the Jedi

UncaRastus
12-20-2015, 06:46 PM
Need I say more?

LogDog
12-20-2015, 09:09 PM
I saw the movie Thursday night at the local theater. I bought my tickets when the box office opened, for the afternoon matinees, for the first showing at 8:30 p.m.. I got there about 40 minutes before the movie started and most of the theater was already filled but I still had a descent seat. The movie started like the original Star Wars movie with the Star Wars theme and the scrolling text explaining part of the back story. I wasn't sure what to expect with the new characters and story line but about 30 minutes into the movie I was hooked on it. This movie has the same feel as the original Star Wars movie back in 1978, which I also saw on its opening night, and left you wanting to see more.

The only two criticisms I have are with the new robot, BB-8, was a wasted role and I think it was to appeal to younger children. The second criticism is the ending; although a descent, I thought of a better, more exciting ending that would complemented the movie's ending. I won't go in to details because that would involve spoiler alerts.

UncaRastus
12-20-2015, 11:35 PM
*Spoiler Alert*

I heard this from a friend who's cousins friend's boyfriend went to see the movie.

Colonel Ketchup did the crime, in the observatory, using a lightsaber.

;)

Meh. I'll wait until it shows up on TV.

garhkal
12-21-2015, 05:47 AM
The only two criticisms I have are with the new robot, BB-8, was a wasted role and I think it was to appeal to younger children.

I've heard that elsewhere. BB-8 was only placed in for the kiddie factor, and we didn't even get any R2 lovin till right at the end.

Mjölnir
01-02-2016, 02:42 PM
Looks like Adam Driver does some performances for Arts & the Armed Forces. He was a Marine infantryman (medically discharged due to a mountain biking accident).

Pretty cool video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inzBfclaaoI