PDA

View Full Version : 7th grader told to cover up Starwars shirt, cause storm troopers encourage violence??

garhkal
12-16-2015, 04:31 AM
I heard a snippet on this just before i had to leave for work yesterday.. So when i got back from work, i had to look it up. I was too incensed to post anything last night, so left it to tonight, so i could calm down..

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/12/13/star-wars-t-shirt-lands-7th-grader-in-hot-water-at-texas-school/

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/12/14/7th-grader-forced-cover-star-wars-shirt-stormtroopers-gun/

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/tx-middle-school-student-forced-cover-star-wars-shirt-article-1.2464792

So apparently, the Texas school admin thought this shirt showing the new Storm troopers, "Glorified violence"..

What the heck over???

In related news, a Head master at a school in Brooklin says no more to thanks giving, Christmas AND saying the pledge of allegiance..
So i guess that dean is ok working on Dec the 25th at REGULAR pay!

Bos Mutus
12-16-2015, 04:34 AM
I heard a snippet on this just before i had to leave for work yesterday.. So when i got back from work, i had to look it up. I was too incensed to post anything last night, so left it to tonight, so i could calm down..

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/12/13/star-wars-t-shirt-lands-7th-grader-in-hot-water-at-texas-school/

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/12/14/7th-grader-forced-cover-star-wars-shirt-stormtroopers-gun/

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/tx-middle-school-student-forced-cover-star-wars-shirt-article-1.2464792

So apparently, the Texas school admin thought this shirt showing the new Storm troopers, "Glorified violence"..

What the heck over???

Texas...figures.

In related news, a Head master at a school in Brooklin says no more to thanks giving, Christmas AND saying the pledge of allegiance..

Don't know about that one...but Obama just gave all federal employees half a day off for Christmas Eve.

Absinthe Anecdote
12-16-2015, 09:20 AM

What the heck over???

Why does this make you so mad?

It is just a school dress code policy.

If the parents want it changed, they can start going to school board meetings, city council meetings and demand it be changed.

Besides, the school did that kid a favor. I saw a picture of him wearing it in the NY Daily News article. It looks like crap on him.

He will do better with the 7th grade girls wearing something other than a crappy Walmart Star Wars shirt.

I wouldn't let my kid go to school looking that sloppy.

Plus, did you see that nasty looking closet behind him?

These slobs have zero credibility with me. The dumb ass father posts pictures of his kid looking like a bum standing in his dirty room on FaceBook that end up on national TV and in newspapers.

Fucking moron of a father if you ask me.

He looks like Gomer Pyle in that dumb ass shirt, and I bet there are jelly doughnuts in his foot locker. That is if you can find his footlocker under all that crap spilling out of the closet.

TJMAC77SP
12-16-2015, 10:37 AM
Texas...figures.

Wait a minute, wouldn't this be expected anywhere but Texas?

TJMAC77SP
12-16-2015, 10:39 AM
He looks like Gomer Pyle in that dumb ass shirt, and I bet there are jelly doughnuts in his foot locker. That is if you can find his footlocker under all that crap spilling out of the closet.

Nice FMJ reference.

Rusty Jones
12-16-2015, 11:31 AM
Don't know about that one...but Obama just gave all federal employees half a day off for Christmas Eve.

Here comes the bitching about tax dollars being spent for hours of non-productivity...

Absinthe Anecdote
12-16-2015, 11:48 AM
Here comes the bitching about tax dollars being spent for hours of non-productivity...

Where is your winter holiday spirit?

Mjölnir
12-16-2015, 12:04 PM
If the school district policy is "no guns" or "no display of guns" etc. then that is the policy. As Absinthe Anecdote said, if the parents & community have a beef with the policy they could go to school board meetings and get the policy changed.

A lot of folks who gripe about the creep of 'political correctness' or a radicalized agenda in schools, community etc. (which in some cases I would agree there is a creep) have allowed it to happen due to lack of involvement in the community that people once had. If folks attended PTA meetings, school board meetings, or city council meetings they would see what the agendas were, what was being proposed and voted and and could do something to stop it. The lazy activist gets little done.

"Goddammit Pyle, your ass looks like about a hundred and fifty pounds of chewed bubble gum"

BT BT

Speaking of the new Star Wars movie (yay!!!) it looks like Dodge made some fancy graphics for some cars ... looks pretty cool.

http://www.nydailynews.com/autos/news/dodge-star-wars-themed-muscle-cars-article-1.2465328

Mjölnir
12-16-2015, 12:05 PM
Where is your winter holiday spirit?

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/bgamble/HolidaySpirit.png

Rusty Jones
12-16-2015, 12:12 PM
If the school district policy is "no guns" or "no display of guns" etc. then that is the policy.

That's stupid. I remember when I was in kindergarten in 1984. I carried an A-Team lunch box. It had guns and explosions all over the front. This was in Connecticut, by the way.

Speaking of the new Star Wars movie (yay!!!) it looks like Dodge made some fancy graphics for some cars ... looks pretty cool.

I'm not going to see it up on release; maybe a week or two later. And it's mostly because the kids want to see it (they're fans of the animated series). I'm putting it off, because I want them to see I-VI first. I have pretty low expectations for the new movie. Star Wars movies have gotten worse over the years, not better. I don't know why everyone thinks this movie is going to break that trend. Especially since George Lucas has nothing to do with it.

Absinthe Anecdote
12-16-2015, 12:30 PM
That's stupid. I remember when I was in kindergarten in 1984. I carried an A-Team lunch box. It had guns and explosions all over the front.

I'll bet rainmaker carried a storm trooper lunchbox with trains and showers all over it.

I'm not going to see it up on release; maybe a week or two later. And it's mostly because the kids want to see it (they're fans of the animated series). I'm putting it off, because I want them to see I-VI first. I have pretty low expectations for the new movie. Star Wars movies have gotten worse over the years, not better. I don't know why everyone thinks this movie is going to break that trend. Especially since George Lucas has nothing to do with it.

I'm expecting it to break the trend because Lucas is out, and J.J. Abrams directed it!

Lucas went soft and let his kids create that awful Jar Jar Binx. I hated that annoying character almost as much as the terrible child actor they got to play young Aniken Skywalker.

I want to go see it, but I don't want to fight the crowds. I might wait a week and go see a late night showing on a Monday night.

Mjölnir
12-16-2015, 12:31 PM
That's stupid. I remember when I was in kindergarten in 1984. I carried an A-Team lunch box. It had guns and explosions all over the front. This was in Connecticut, by the way.

And look at how you turned out ;)

Seriously though, I think it is a crap policy ... but it is the policy. If the parents don't like the policy ... work to get it changed. It sounds like the parents were surprised by it, which is indicative of a lack of involvement on their part.

The reviews of VII so far are really good. IV was the first movie I ever saw, and it was pretty awesome. I agree that I-III were not as good but some people are overly critical of them (probably a combination of really high expectations and Jar Jar Binks F-ing it all up.)

Rusty Jones
12-16-2015, 12:33 PM
I found my lunchbox!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-fINsghEeM8I/TfQHDoxmmAI/AAAAAAAACFc/tetcACgja0M/s1600/A+team+lunch+box+002.jpg

Yeah, they want our boys to be pussies.

sandsjames
12-16-2015, 12:43 PM
There were about 1000 people who saw the premier and I didn't hear a single bad review. Everyone was extremely positive. Abrams can do no wrong right now. The reason I'm going to wait a couple weeks to see it is I'm hoping that I'll be able to avoid the fan boy clapping and whistling every time there's some inside joke from the original trilogy.

The problem with the "prequel", in addition to Jar Jar, was the overt political statements which were, at the time, relevant to the state of the world. It's fine to have political statements in a movie (Marvel movies do it all the time) but at least try to make it look like it's not a direct attack on the real world.

Either way, I loved the original trilogy, I liked the prequels and still enjoy them, and I have very high hopes for Force Awakens. With as much as I enjoyed JJs version of the new Star Trek, I'm have confidence this will be really good.

sandsjames
12-16-2015, 12:44 PM
I found my lunchbox!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-fINsghEeM8I/TfQHDoxmmAI/AAAAAAAACFc/tetcACgja0M/s1600/A+team+lunch+box+002.jpg

Yeah, they want our boys to be pussies.

Indeed. Damn I loved the A-team. It was always funny how they had to find different ways to knock out B.A. before getting him on a plane.

Rainmaker
12-16-2015, 12:49 PM
I'll bet rainmaker carried a storm trooper lunchbox with trains and showers all over it.

Rainmaker didn't need to carry a lunchbox. He just stole his lunch money from the PC Wimps.

Rainmaker
12-16-2015, 01:33 PM
There were about 1000 people who saw the premier and I didn't hear a single bad review. Everyone was extremely positive. Abrams can do no wrong right now. The reason I'm going to wait a couple weeks to see it is I'm hoping that I'll be able to avoid the fan boy clapping and whistling every time there's some inside joke from the original trilogy.

The problem with the "prequel", in addition to Jar Jar, was the overt political statements which were, at the time, relevant to the state of the world. It's fine to have political statements in a movie (Marvel movies do it all the time) but at least try to make it look like it's not a direct attack on the real world.

Either way, I loved the original trilogy, I liked the prequels and still enjoy them, and I have very high hopes for Force Awakens. With as much as I enjoyed JJs version of the new Star Trek, I'm have confidence this will be really good.

Rainmaker haven't seen any Star wars since the 2nd one came out. But, can't see why the Progressive Nannies on the Texas school board could even have a problem with the New Star Wars?

Because, judging from the 30 second previews (played on endless loop) Isn't the Main hero supposed to be some Nobel Black guy that defects from the dark side to save the White "Girl power" princess?

This Star wars must be so much better. it's doesn't seem 'rayciss' like the old one. No white guys with testosterone running around to ruin the Utopian story line.

Mjölnir
12-16-2015, 01:38 PM

Concur on fanboys (Have you ever seen the movie Fanboys? FUNNY AS SHIT!). I will probably go this weekend. We are going to screen it then decide if my 5 year old is good to go or not.

Agree as well on the new Treks. I have heard some bellyaching over the new trailer ... that the JJ Abrams Treks are not in the spirit of the originals etc. I found them entertaining ... and bought the DVDs ... so mission accomplished.

Mjölnir
12-16-2015, 01:51 PM
If you get bored with the regular Yule Log on TV ... here is a Star Wars alternative (5 hrs long):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVJzibVS2YM

TJMAC77SP
12-16-2015, 02:45 PM
Maybe it is a silly policy................................

Bos Mutus
12-16-2015, 03:06 PM
In related news, a Head master at a school in Brooklin says no more to thanks giving, Christmas AND saying the pledge of allegiance..So i guess that dean is ok working on Dec the 25th at REGULAR pay!

Sounds like instructions on religious displays may have been blown out of proportion:

Kim apologized for any confusion in an email, explaining Santa is a secular figure and is allowed.
"She read it wrong or maybe she was misguided by the Department of Education," said Felix Ortiz, New York State Assemblyman. "That's another question that I'm asking the chancellor to respond."
Ortiz, who represents the area, has visited PS169 has Santa in years past, and he says he'll be doing it again.
The State Department of Education was also denying reports that Thanksgiving and the Pledge of Allegiance are not allowed in that school.

Rainmaker
12-16-2015, 03:15 PM
I'm expecting it to break the trend because Lucas is out, and J.J. Abrams directed it!

Not being much of Trekkie, I'd Never heard of JJ Abrams but, a quick Wikipedia search reveals the following......

"Abrams planned to go to film school rather than to an academic college but eventually enrolled at Sarah Lawrence, following his father's advice: "it's more important that you go off and learn what to make movies about than how to make movies."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Lawrence_College

For many years, the College has been considered as being at the vanguard of the sexual rights movement and many progressive causes.

During the so-called McCarthy Years, a number of Sarah Lawrence's faculty members were accused by the American Legion of being sympathetic to the Communist Party, and were called before the Jenner Committee.[20] Since that time, activism has played a central role in student life.

So to sum up....... JJ Abrams spent his formative years learning "what to make movies about" at a breeding ground for.... Marxist Anti-White Propaganda....

Forewarned is Forearmed

Rainmaker
12-16-2015, 03:28 PM
Sounds like instructions on religious displays may have been blown out of proportion:

Kim apologized for any confusion in an email, explaining Santa is a secular figure and is allowed.

So, Saint Nicholas is now a secularist? Who knew?. Can't spell SANTA without SATAN!

MikeKerriii
12-16-2015, 03:49 PM
Wait a minute, wouldn't this be expected anywhere but Texas?

Since it is sheer stupidity Texas is the place you would most expect it. Texas refuses to be outdone in any form of stupidity.

MikeKerriii
12-16-2015, 03:51 PM
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/bgamble/HolidaySpirit.png

They dropped holiday acid perhaps?

MikeKerriii
12-16-2015, 03:56 PM
And look at how you turned out ;)

The reviews of VII so far are really good. IV was the first movie I ever saw, and it was pretty awesome You just made me feel very old,I was a freshman attending college on the GI Bill when that came out.

Bos Mutus
12-16-2015, 04:09 PM
Never got into Star Wars...never been to a theater to watch a Star Wars movie.

I don't think I've even watched one of the movies from start to end...I've only caught bits and pieces of it when they are on TV or something. I don't even really know the story.

UncaRastus
12-16-2015, 04:27 PM
I watched the first Star Wars movie in a theatre full of Marines. I never watched any of that stuff since. Oh, how I wish that the the original Star Trek had continued. I never got tired of Captain Kirk, trying to get to those dilithium crystals. And watching Mr. Spock go into rut, when Pon Farr occurred on his home planet, Vulcan. Also, I watched closely for the beaver shots, with Uhura.

I know. I am a man. I am sorry for that. I plead for forgiveness.

Yeah, no. I don't. Old school.

Mjölnir
12-16-2015, 04:30 PM
Never got into Star Wars...never been to a theater to watch a Star Wars movie.

I don't think I've even watched one of the movies from start to end...I've only caught bits and pieces of it when they are on TV or something. I don't even really know the story.

Contemplating a ban on principle ;)

Rusty Jones
12-16-2015, 04:44 PM
Contemplating a ban on principle ;)

Yes, BAN HIM! Ban him until he watches all six movies, and passes a 100 question exam on Star Wars!

UncaRastus
12-16-2015, 04:50 PM
Bos, I got this.

Just because the rest of you have become addicted to watching Star Wars movies, and that y'all collect SW toys and stuff, and also that y'all are fanboys of the addictive movie, there is no reason for y'all to pick on Bos for taking the high road.

Hang in there, Bos. I'll try to get help for these poor SW addicts. That is, if I can get them to stop attending Star Wars Conventions, in those silly getups.

This might take awhile. Cosplaying is very hard to treat, unless we resort to be putting thorazine into their morning coffees.

From what I have heard, the dual personalities of cosplayers being a schizoid type mental disruption of humans, the best we can do is hope to sedate them, and change their sitting positions during waking hours, to prevent decubitus ulcers, also know as chair or bed sores.

We can always hope that a better type of treatment arrives soon. Until then, be strong.

Bos Mutus
12-16-2015, 04:53 PM
Bos, I got this.

Just because the rest of you have become addicted to watching Star Wars movies, and that y'all collect SW toys and stuff, and also that y'all are fanboys of the addictive movie, there is no reason for y'all to pick on Bos for taking the high road.

Hang in there, Bos. I'll try to get help for these poor SW addicts. That is, if I can get them to stop attending Star Wars Conventions, in those silly getups.

This might take awhile.

Yeah, the only thing worse is comic book superhero shit...gah, just stab me in the eye with a tent stake.

Mjölnir
12-16-2015, 04:54 PM
Yeah, the only thing worse is comic book superhero shit...gah, just stab me in the eye with a tent stake.

Or a lightsaber ... BOOM!

UncaRastus
12-16-2015, 05:04 PM
It just got real.

Photon torpedo 1. FIRE!

Rusty Jones
12-16-2015, 05:06 PM
I thought it was impossible for anyone in the Anglosphere to not see Star Wars. Even if they tried not to.

UncaRastus
12-16-2015, 05:12 PM
Rusty, way back when, didn't you tell us that you are of black and white parentage? Or am I wrong?

Could be wrong.

But were you pulled into seeing the SW movies because of the pull of the 'white urge'?

If I am wrong about the parentage, sorry about that.

Rusty Jones
12-16-2015, 05:18 PM
Rusty, way back when, didn't you tell us that you are of black and white parentage? Or am I wrong?

Could be wrong.

But were you pulled into seeing the SW movies because of the pull of the 'white urge'?

If I am wrong about the parentage, sorry about that.

Yeah, I'm of black and white parentage... but I don't think my interest in Star Wars has anything to do with that. Believe it or not, people of other races DO like Star Wars...

sandsjames
12-16-2015, 05:29 PM
Yeah, I'm of black and white parentage... but I don't think my interest in Star Wars has anything to do with that. Believe it or not, people of other races DO like Star Wars...

Shut up...that's crazy...

UncaRastus
12-16-2015, 05:42 PM
Just crazy enough, it might work!

Rainmaker
12-16-2015, 06:04 PM
Since it is sheer stupidity Texas is the place you would most expect it. Texas refuses to be outdone in any form of stupidity.

Rainmaker saw a bumper sticker the other day that said "Don't Mess With Texas. But, Don't F#ck With New York!"

sandsjames
12-16-2015, 06:16 PM
I will be "unplugged" for the next few weeks on vacation so Merry Christmas to you all.

Bos Mutus
12-16-2015, 06:17 PM
I will be "unplugged" for the next few weeks on vacation so Merry Christmas to you all.

Merry Christmas, SandS

UncaRastus
12-16-2015, 06:18 PM
My wife got this very stylish car magnet, and gave it to me early, for Christmas. The thought contained may be a bit dated for some of you guys. Or not.

UncaRastus
12-16-2015, 06:23 PM
Have a very merry Christmas! Or holiday season! Or Kwanzaa! Or Day of Rewrapping for Re-gifting, next year! Or Boxing Day!

Rainmaker
12-16-2015, 06:26 PM
My wife got this very stylish car magnet, and gave it to me early, for Christmas. The thought contained may be a bit dated for some of you guys. Or not.

Ahh the good old days Unca.... I think You'd be pleased to know that We still have some of those old school Hanoi Jane Urinal Stickers down here in the local VFW.

MikeKerriii
12-16-2015, 06:39 PM

Remembering what she looked like back then I would have.

garhkal
12-16-2015, 06:51 PM
Why does this make you so mad?

It is just a school dress code policy.

Cause its a stupid knee jerk type of response.. "Oh bad shirt, it has a 'gun on' evne if the gun is a FAKE one in the hands of a fake soldier, best ban it so as to not be seen to glorify violence"..

If the school district policy is "no guns" or "no display of guns" etc. then that is the policy. As Absinthe Anecdote said, if the parents & community have a beef with the policy they could go to school board meetings and get the policy changed.

I could see the policy coming into play had it been a real gun held by a real person, but a 'blaster held by a storm trooper'?? That is taking it way out of line imo.
Heck when that came out, one of the comments i saw on a news site was about someone being reminded of his neighbor's kid being told to do the same for his shirt as it had a picture of the troops putting the flag up on Iwo Jima.'.

More like she is retracting her statements cause of all the backlash.

Absinthe Anecdote
12-16-2015, 07:27 PM
Cause its a stupid knee jerk type of response.. "Oh bad shirt, it has a 'gun on' evne if the gun is a FAKE one in the hands of a fake soldier, best ban it so as to not be seen to glorify violence"..

I could see the policy coming into play had it been a real gun held by a real person, but a 'blaster held by a storm trooper'?? That is taking it way out of line imo.
Heck when that came out, one of the comments i saw on a news site was about someone being reminded of his neighbor's kid being told to do the same for his shirt as it had a picture of the troops putting the flag up on Iwo Jima.'.

You get mad at a decision made by a school administrator in some school district in Texas?

You don't even live in Texas.

I can't see getting upset about a judgement call made by some yokel in a school district that I've never heard of.

Bos Mutus
12-16-2015, 07:34 PM
You get mad at a decision made by a school administrator in some school district in Texas?

I can't see getting upset about a judgement call made by some yokel in a school district that I've never heard of.

An attack on Storm Trooper rights anywhere, is an attack on Storm Trooper rights everywhere.

Absinthe Anecdote
12-16-2015, 07:54 PM
An attack on Storm Trooper rights anywhere, is an attack on Storm Trooper rights everywhere.

I think kids should wear uniforms to school. It would eliminate dumb stuff like teachers having to interpret what is or isn't within the dress code.

Plus, I remember the 7th grade as being a brutal place if you didn't have the right fashion to fit in.

Kids actually pay attention to what each other wear and it is a lot of pressure that would go away if they were in uniforms.

However, I guess it depends on the social dynamics of each school district. That is a local issue and a local news story at best.

Running stories like that nationally is rather silly and way out of context.

They can wear burlap sacks to school in Texas for all I care.

Bos Mutus
12-16-2015, 08:01 PM
I think kids should wear uniforms to school. It would eliminate dumb stuff like teachers having to interpret what is or isn't within the dress code.

Plus, I remember the 7th grade as being a brutal place if you didn't have the right fashion to fit in.

Kids actually pay attention to what each other wear and it is a lot of pressure that would go away if they were in uniforms.

I agree 110%...school uniforms are the best idea since sliced bread.

They save the parents a small fortune and prevent untold misery in the schools.

However, I guess it depends on the social dynamics of each school district. That is a local issue and a local news story at best.

...but then we'll have to search elsewhere to be offended at PC gone amuck.

What impact will that have?

An awful lot of these school nonsense stories seem to come from Texas...I wonder why that is.

Rainmaker
12-16-2015, 09:06 PM
An awful lot of these school nonsense stories seem to come from Texas...I wonder why that is.

25 years ago, Texas was a really nice state.

Then Millions of Californians started flooding the state in droves fleeing from the 3rd world conditions that their dumbass progressive policies had created.

But, Since Liberalism is a mental disorder. They were unable to recognize their folly and continued doing the same stupid shit in Texas that they did in California.

They drove up property taxes exponentially which, were used to fund all kinds of wasteful bullshit pork projects and create the corresponding bureaucratic cluster fuck to manage it.

This kind of idiocy (like banning star wars shirts) is a bi product of too much government overreach.

Rainmaker
12-16-2015, 09:28 PM
It would eliminate dumb stuff like teachers having to interpret what is or isn't within the dress code.

Agree. This kind of stupid shit perfectly illustrates the macro problem on a micro level.

Here You have the government creating a problem where there was none.

They probably have some idiotic "zero tolerance" policy against "violent" shirts, were if someone gets their panties in a bunch over a scary cartoon shirt they can sue the school for not "keeping the children safe".

So, instead of applying a common sense solution. Like the fucking principal telling the moron teacher don't worry about it.

They instead suspend the kid.

And then the dumb fuck parents instead of telling the fat bastard, don't wear the shirt to school anymore, they post it all over face book

and then rallying cry goes up, we have to put all these kids in uniforms because, this must be solved.

Of course there will probably some preferred manufacturer of said uniforms.

Wherever you have too much government overreach, It's always the same story.

Problem-Reaction-Solution.

They have to create issues to justify their own existence.

TJMAC77SP
12-16-2015, 09:42 PM

Humor fail and evidently another fail at 'getting' a post. The radio in your head really only has one static-filled channel doesn't it?

TJMAC77SP
12-16-2015, 09:47 PM

My younger son wore uniforms (khaki pants or shorts and solid color polos) 5th through 8th grade when he went to a charter school. You are spot on about the benefits. The kids don't like them but they deal.

MikeKerriii
12-16-2015, 09:57 PM
I think kids should wear uniforms to school. It would eliminate dumb stuff like teachers having to interpret what is or isn't within the dress code. A simpler solution is ditching the dress code in its entirety.

Rainmaker
12-16-2015, 10:02 PM
My younger son wore uniforms (khaki pants or shorts and solid color polos) 5th through 8th grade when he went to a charter school. You are spot on about the benefits. The kids don't like them but they deal.

You mean their little psyches weren't damaged? Suprised they weren't twamatized!

Rainmaker
12-16-2015, 10:04 PM
A simpler solution is ditching the dress code in its entirety.

Then you'll have retards walking around with their asses hanging out

MikeKerriii
12-16-2015, 10:10 PM
Then you'll have retards walking around with their asses hanging out
So what except for some old farts and rednecks nobody much cares.

Rainmaker
12-16-2015, 10:21 PM
So what except for some old farts and rednecks nobody much cares.

Looking like a prison bitch is a quick way to end up as one.

garhkal
12-16-2015, 10:23 PM

Just cause i don't live there, doesn't mean i can't get mad about someone's stupid decision elsewhere.

I agree. I really liked all three schools i attended which had uniforms.

Absinthe Anecdote
12-16-2015, 10:34 PM
Just cause i don't live there, doesn't mean i can't get mad about someone's stupid decision elsewhere.

I agree. I really liked all three schools i attended which had uniforms.

Of course you can get mad, but why should you get mad?

Unless you actually enjoy getting mad and ranting about what happens in a random school district hundreds of miles away.

There are millions of dumb teachers and administrators doing goofy shit all over the world every hour of the day.

You are never going to be happy.

Rusty Jones
12-16-2015, 11:44 PM
I see the benefits to school uniforms but, if I recall correctly, the original intent of school uniforms was to prevent social stratification among students. That seems like a form of sheltering to me.

Absinthe Anecdote
12-16-2015, 11:57 PM
I see the benefits to school uniforms but, if I recall correctly, the original intent of school uniforms was to prevent social stratification among students. That seems like a form of sheltering to me.

I think there are some communities where it is a good choice, while other places it is largely irrelevant.

Besides, social stratification can't be entirely prevented by uniforms. Kids will always figure out a way to establish a pecking order.

MikeKerriii
12-17-2015, 02:12 AM
Looking like a prison bitch is a quick way to end up as one.
Epic level silliness.

giggawatt
12-17-2015, 11:27 AM

Why did you ruin this cool Star Wars thread?

Back on topic please.

Back in the 80's I had Star Wars bed sheets. At the time, I hadn't actually seen any of the movies. When I finally got around to watching them, I didn't much care for them and I continued to not really care for them until the prequels came out. So of course I had to go back and re-watch the originals. I was much older at the time and was able to enjoy them more.

Star Wars is cool but I'm definitely no fan boy. I did enjoy the new Star Trek movies and I always liked watching TNG.

Mjölnir
12-17-2015, 12:16 PM
Why did you ruin this cool Star Wars thread?

Back on topic please.

Back in the 80's I had Star Wars bed sheets. At the time, I hadn't actually seen any of the movies. When I finally got around to watching them, I didn't much care for them and I continued to not really care for them until the prequels came out. So of course I had to go back and re-watch the originals. I was much older at the time and was able to enjoy them more.

Star Wars is cool but I'm definitely no fan boy. I did enjoy the new Star Trek movies and I always liked watching TNG.

At OCS I put some Star Wars sheets on my bed. The DI's didn't see for 2 days ... it was epic. Took a while to clean up the room but it was epic.

I kept the sheets, would take them on deployments ... always got some chuckles.

Absinthe Anecdote
12-17-2015, 12:22 PM
At OCS I put some Star Wars sheets on my bed. The DI's didn't see for 2 days ... it was epic. Took a while to clean up the room but it was epic.

I kept the sheets, would take them on deployments ... always got some chuckles.

I used to use the Jedi mind trick to make traffic lights change green and pencils roll across table tops, my kids always got a big kick out of that.

UncaRastus
12-17-2015, 01:59 PM
Mjolnir, I think that a blanket/sheet party is in the works ...

Don't even say that I didn't warn you.

garhkal
12-18-2015, 02:47 AM
Besides, social stratification can't be entirely prevented by uniforms. Kids will always figure out a way to establish a pecking order.

That they will..