PDA

View Full Version : The Right Wing Love Affair With Vladimir Putin

Rusty Jones
11-27-2015, 07:16 PM
Okay, so we all know the history of this... it started with you Ukraine (yes, we know that Georgia happened under Bush Jr's watch, but Obama is held to a different standard). Russia invades Ukraine, and Obama is Putin's bitch for not going to war with Russia over it.

Despite so much evidence to the contrary... Putin whining about Obama not letting him do this and that, etc, etc... this image still sticks.

The incident in Turkey? American conservatives are siding with Russia over it, and not their NATO ally.

I've even seen some people on facebook claim that they would volunteer to go to Russia and fight for them against Turkey. Now... I'm not sure if that would fall under treason or something related to it (I'm thinking there is, but I don't really know. I sure as fuck wouldn't want to find out first hand)... and I'm 99.99% positive that the people claiming that they'd be willing to fight for Russia are all talk and no walk.

But that's beside the point. You would think that someone with some pride in their country, even if they disagreed with not going to war with Russia over the occupation of Ukraine, would want Obama stop doing what they believe to be the wrong thing and start doing what they believe to be the right thing.

But, nope... instead... they're cheerleaders for Putin now.

What the FUCK is going on here?

Rusty Jones
11-27-2015, 07:23 PM
Personally, I think that people like this have their preconceived notions about Obama; and they're their desperately wanting Putin to prove them right, even if it's at their expense. If Russia were to retaliate against Turkey... and Obama were to say that we're not getting involved, Obama haters would run to the nearest corner to rub one out.