command at Maxwell to get them to allow Druskis to wear his Purple Heart
ribbon at OTS graduation. Druskis pleaded with Irwin several times not
to make that request.
On Sept. 29, Druskis wrote to Irwin and
another former airman and said, "So I understand there are something's
[sic] I need to talk to both of you about. I also have some explaining
to do and some apologies to make. I have made mistakes in my life and I
love you guys dearly."
Irwin responded, "I knew you were lying from the get go. I just wanted to see how far you would take it."
Phil
Berube, a spokesman for the 42nd Air Base Wing at Maxwell, confirmed
that OTS officials were aware of allegations regarding Druskis' Purple
Heart claims, and said his "commissioning is on hold pending further
investigation." Berube said he could not offer any further comment.

http://www.airforcetimes.com/story/military/2015/10/07/questions-over-purple-heart-claim-derail-ots-commissioning/73459538/

So, apparently this guy was talking some BS about having a Purple Heart to gain some street cred...dude tracked him on FB and well, seems like he might've just lost his OTS commission...doh!

No evidence that he ever actually wore the award or claimed in in any official capacity or for any personal gain...sounds like he was just pumping himself at whatever HPU is...Hawaiia Pacific University online classes maybe??.

Post from the guy that dropped a dime on him on the Stolen Valor FB page:

"Attention all my fellow Marines, HPU students, and the people I know in
the Air Force. There are few things in the world that make me angrier
than Stolen Valor. I served with six people in Iraq and Afghanistan who
received the Purple Heart and two of them were KIA. I listened to the
war stories of the individual below
while at HPU who claimed to have received one in Iraq. As you can tell
from his uniform, he clearly doesn't have one. When asked about it he
deleted my comment and then wrote these sorry excuses . He lied up until
the last minute when I confronted him and then he blocked me. He will
be commissioned this Saturday at Maxwell Air Force Base in Alabama. No
integrity! This mother fucker wants to be famous I say we make him
famous. My Marines know what to do. Share and spread the word. Maybe
someone in Alabama will see this. I want his ass trending more than
Caitlyn Jenner by Friday afternoon. Reap the Whirlwind."

UncaRastus
10-08-2015, 09:22 PM
The guy had the world by the tail, and he had to be falsely wounded in action, too? What an attention grabbing freak.

I recall from my first regular duty station in the USMC. There was this SSgt that wore a Purple Heart. When I questioned him about it, he said that he had cut himself with his P-38, while under fire.

Likely story from either fellow, but I tend to think that the SSgt was stretching the truth because he didn't want to talk about what he actually received the Purple Heart for. At least I never saw anyone using a can opener while obviously having more pressing concerns, at the time.

Maybe he was opening some ham and mother******* to throw at the enemy. I know that that kind of c rat was considered to be something included in the cases of c rats by the enemy, to sap the morale of the fighting guys.

Bos Mutus
10-08-2015, 10:53 PM
The guy had the world by the tail, and he had to be falsely wounded in action, too? What an attention grabbing freak.

I recall from my first regular duty station in the USMC. There was this SSgt that wore a Purple Heart. When I questioned him about it, he said that he had cut himself with his P-38, while under fire.

Likely story from either fellow, but I tend to think that the SSgt was stretching the truth because he didn't want to talk about what he actually received the Purple Heart for. At least I never saw anyone using a can opener while obviously having more pressing concerns, at the time.

Maybe he was opening some ham and mother******* to throw at the enemy. I know that that kind of c rat was considered to be something included in the cases of c rats by the enemy, to sap the morale of the fighting guys.

Opening a can of whoop-ass, fer sure.

Absinthe Anecdote
10-09-2015, 02:13 AM

The ham and lima beans C-ration was a culinary delight. I bet you are one of those tasteless bastards that also scoffed at ham and eggs.

TJMAC77SP
10-09-2015, 01:50 PM
The ham and lima beans C-ration was a culinary delight. I bet you are one of those tasteless bastards that also scoffed at ham and eggs.

I just threw up a little in my mouth..............................

UncaRastus
10-09-2015, 02:51 PM
Green eggs and ham should have stayed in the world of Dr. Seuss. Just sayin'.

Mjölnir
10-09-2015, 03:02 PM
Pretty dumb thing of the SSgt to do; it shows a lack of judgement and character -- probably does call into question if he should be commissioned or not.

BT BT

I never really found any of the MRE's bad (except the one time I got a piece of 'shelf stable bread' that had a slight pinhole in the package ... moldy and bad.)

UncaRastus
10-09-2015, 03:41 PM
MRE's are the Cadillacs of fine eating, when compared to c rations. Canned? Yes. Tasty? No. Except for a few, that I can remember.

Chocolate discs and peanut butter were pretty tasty. One had to be done one with the other, to ensure 'normal bowel movements', or so it was said.

Pound cake. Good.

Beans and weenies? Pretty tasty.

Spaghetti? OK.

The rest? I can't recall all of what I did eat, but there some pretty bad items tossed into the mix.

Which has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Back to the subject, men!

Yeah, my bad.

Bos Mutus
10-09-2015, 04:14 PM
MRE's are the Cadillacs of fine eating, when compared to c rations. Canned? Yes. Tasty? No. Except for a few, that I can remember.

Chocolate discs and peanut butter were pretty tasty. One had to be done one with the other, to ensure 'normal bowel movements', or so it was said.

Pound cake. Good.

Spaghetti? OK.

The rest? I can't recall all of what I did eat, but there some pretty bad items tossed into the mix.

Yeah, my bad.

I never ate a lot of MREs, but I seem to recall the Chili Mac as being the best...and maybe a beef stew that wasn't half bad.

Rainmaker
10-09-2015, 05:26 PM
Dehydrated pork patty.... The other white meat!

UncaRastus
10-09-2015, 06:53 PM
It seems that our memories don't always recall the bad things that have happened to us, in a lot of cases. You know, the good old days?

I do recall as to how there was a lot of trading between Marines, trying to swap out the lesser liked cans of c rap. Oops, I meant c rats.

There was always someone that really liked the stuff that the vast majority hated. If I was lucky, I was with one of them at meal times. Unless they had even worse stuff to trade than I did.

I believe that part of the punishment for the SSgt should be having to eat ham and lima puke for the next three years. Along with really old c rat coffee. Also having to wipe his derriere with those very few sheets of toilet paper that was issued with the c rats.

Absinthe Anecdote
10-09-2015, 08:58 PM

Pound cake. Good.

Spaghetti? OK.

Yeah, my bad.

I went into the Air Force in late 1983 and MREs were already replacing C-Rats, but in Tech School the fed us C-Rats on the days we were doing field training.

I didn't think they were that bad and MREs are pretty good too, as long as you don't have to live off them for more than a few days.

Luckily, the longest I ever had to go without at least one hot meal was three days.

Bos Mutus
10-09-2015, 09:01 PM
I went into the Air Force in late 1983 and MREs were already replacing C-Rats, but in Tech School the fed us C-Rats on the days we were doing field training.

I didn't think they were that bad and MREs are pretty good too, as long as you don't have to live off them for more than a few days.

Luckily, the longest I ever had to go without at least one hot meal was three days.

I went in Aug '83. We did the C-rats in basic when we did the M-16 training/field day thing...one or two meals that day...don't think I had a C-rat after that..

At my tech school we had awesome chow halls and Pizza Transit.

LogDog
10-09-2015, 11:11 PM
I was one of the strange ones who actually liked the dehydrated port patty. I wouldn't re-hydrate it but eat it as is was (it tasted better that way). I still have one or two boxes of C-rats from the 80s which are more of a novelty item than anything else.

TJMAC77SP
10-09-2015, 11:22 PM

Unless you added too much water (which most did the first several attempts at eating this meal)

TJMAC77SP
10-09-2015, 11:27 PM
My son is in the NG and I have seen the current MRE menu. Natick Labs (which develops MREs among other things) has done a very good job listening to the troops because the difference between the first gen MRE's and the current version is amazing. They are still MRE's and therefore all good troops bitch about them but they sound a lot more appetizing.

Just to age myself a bit. The first C-rats I ever had included a package (3 ea I think) of cigarettes.

Bos Mutus
10-27-2015, 05:50 PM
An Officer Training School candidate who allegedly lied about receiving a Purple Heart has been expelled. Former Staff Sgt. Justin Druskis was disenrolled with prejudice for misconduct from OTS at Maxwell Air Force Base in Alabama, effective Oct. 13, said Phil Berube, a spokesman for the 42nd Air Base Wing at Maxwell. Disenrollment with prejudice means Druskis cannot reapply for admission to OTS, Berube said.

Druskis was a prior enlisted member with a break in service and was a civilian applicant to OTS. He's returned to civilian status, Berube
said.

Returned to civilian status.

read more: http://www.militarytimes.com/story/military/2015/10/27/ssgt-expelled-from-ots-over-purple-heart-claims/74618464/

Modus
10-28-2015, 12:23 PM
Why would he lie about that, of all things.