PDA

View Full Version : GI Bill

drc100882
09-29-2015, 03:58 PM
How many certificates can you get using the Post 9/11 GI Bill? I'm only asking here because the VA website is useless and everytime I call I'm told by the recording that they're experiencing a high volume of calls and to try again later. After 3 days of calling I'm just a little pissed.

Also, I'm separated, not active duty.

Rainmaker
09-30-2015, 06:18 PM
How many certificates can you get using the Post 9/11 GI Bill? I'm only asking here because the VA website is useless and everytime I call I'm told by the recording that they're experiencing a high volume of calls and to try again later. After 3 days of calling I'm just a little pissed.

Thank you for your service. Unfortunately, we don't know the answer to that question.

However, If you'll Kindly please take a number, your local VA Professional representative (Government Employee or Supplementally funded Independent Contractor) will get back to you in approximately 2,574 days.

Absinthe Anecdote
09-30-2015, 11:37 PM

The number of certificates or degrees you've earned isn't a factor. It will depend on how many months you've used of your benefits and if the school or course is covered.

The best way to find out is to create an account on the website and fill out a request. Also, most schools will know if they are GI Bill eligible or not.