PDA

View Full Version : Sunnyvale: Neighbors sue to declare autistic boy a public nuisance

Bos Mutus
09-21-2015, 09:25 PM
tseipel@mercurynews.com

SUNNYVALE -- When neighbors complained about Vidyut Gopal and Parul Agrawal's young son with autism pulling children's hair, biting a woman and other menacing behavior, the couple said they did what they could to make it stop.

They hired caregivers, gave the boy special medication, and put him in therapeutic classes. But instead of bringing calm to Arlington Court, the Silicon Valley couple got slapped with a lawsuit that called their son a "public nuisance" -- and ultimately drove them out of their home of seven years.

http://www.mercurynews.com/health/ci_28832426/sunnyvale-neighbors-sue-banish-autistic-boys-family-claiming

Interesting case that I can sort of see both sides of the story.

On one hand, couple has an autistic child that is difficult to control...are they supposed to just lock him up?

On the other hand, other neighborhood kids should NOT have to be bitten, hit, spit upon, etc.

I'm sort of sided with the plaintiffs...it's the parents job to control the child...but, I do sympathize with them on their difficult task. I hope it becomes easier as he grows older and not more difficult.

MikeKerriii
09-22-2015, 03:42 AM
[h=1]

http://www.mercurynews.com/health/ci_28832426/sunnyvale-neighbors-sue-banish-autistic-boys-family-claiming

Interesting case that I can sort of see both sides of the story.

On one hand, couple has an autistic child that is difficult to control...are they supposed to just lock him up?

On the other hand, other neighborhood kids should have to be bitten, hit, spit upon, etc.

I'm sort of sided with the plaintiffs...it's the parents job to control the child...but, I do sympathize with them on their difficult task. I hope it becomes easier as he grows older and not more difficult.
This makes me glad I don't have to make decision like this, I guess it depends on how much of the threat is real and how much perception,For everyone's a sake I hope the can find a solution

garhkal
09-22-2015, 04:45 AM
Saw that mentioned on Fox this afternoon, and while i DO feel for the couple (as i know a few parents who have Autistic kids), i also feel for the families of his victims.

MitchellJD1969
10-01-2015, 07:50 PM
This makes me glad I don't have to make decision like this, I guess it depends on how much of the threat is real and how much perception,For everyone's a sake I hope the can find a solution

I bet a "solution" some on the left would support a very late term abortion...the kids a menace. Sarcasm aside I was on reddit and remember seeing some in support of after birth abortions. Especially when it comes to those genetically challenged, nothing gets some redditors off better than cleansing the gene pool. The subject has already been broached by academia so give it some time before it hits the mainstream left.

UncaRastus
10-01-2015, 10:29 PM
The USA was into some sorts of eugenics, before Hitler showed us the way.