PDA

View Full Version : US to Accept 85,000 Refugees in 2016, 100,000 in 2017, Kerry Says

efmbman
09-21-2015, 01:00 AM
http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/kerry-us-accept-85000-refugees-2016-100000-2017-33897727

From the story:

Scrambling to address a growing Syrian refugee crisis, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry announced Sunday that the United States would significantly increase the number of worldwide migrants it takes in over the next two years, though not by nearly the amount many activists and former officials have urged.

The U.S. will accept 85,000 refugees from around the world next year, up from 70,000, and that total would rise to 100,000 in 2017, Kerry said at news conference with German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier after they discussed the mass migration of Syrians fleeing their civil war.

Anyone know why we (the U.S.) needs to address, much less scramble to do so, the Syrian refugee "crisis"? Is this a U.S. problem? It is certainly a problem for some European countries.

MikeKerriii
09-21-2015, 01:53 AM
http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/kerry-us-accept-85000-refugees-2016-100000-2017-33897727

From the story:

Anyone know why we (the U.S.) needs to address, much less scramble to do so, the Syrian refugee "crisis"? Is this a U.S. problem? It is certainly a problem for some European countries.

Perhaps becasue we are at least partially responsible for the situation the refugees are fleeing.

Added for another reason google Reagan's "Shining City' speech, he explains what America should mean very clearly.

garhkal
09-21-2015, 04:56 AM

From the story:

IMO no it's not. Since a good chunk of the Mid eastern countries like Saudi, Oman, Dubai and the UAE are not accepting any refugees, nor has russia, china or any of their eastern neighbors, it should NOT be on us to 'accept' any..

efmbman
09-21-2015, 11:00 AM
There is a video on YouTube. Search for "Migrant Crisis: The Footage the Media Refuses to Broadcast". Remember the photos of the man, wife and child on the railroad tracks appearing to the beaten by the local cops? Outrage ensued... but go to 2:40 of the video I referenced and you will see the footage of the entire incident, not just a photo of the incident. The man pushed the woman and child onto the tracks and then falls to the tracks himself. The pictures made it appear that the cops were being forceful, but the video tells another story. I don't think this is being portrayed in the media honestly, but then not much is.

MikeKerriii
09-21-2015, 01:16 PM
IMO no it's not. Since a good chunk of the Mid eastern countries like Saudi, Oman, Dubai and the UAE are not accepting any refugees, nor has russia, china or any of their eastern neighbors, it should NOT be on us to 'accept' any..

And people here complained when I stated that conservtives were saying essentially "I got mine so screw you" ?

Are we to use thugs like the Saudis as our role models? Is that who we are and whom you want us to be?

And for you Christians Matthew 25:40

Rainmaker
09-21-2015, 02:35 PM
And people here complained when I stated that conservtives were saying essentially "I got mine so screw you" ?

Are we to use thugs like the Saudis as our role models? Is that who we are and whom you want us to be?

Usually you're screaming about separation of church and state or freedom of speech for NAMBLA pedophiles.

But, when it comes to Marxists flooding our country with third-worlders, all of a sudden you start quoting scripture?? What gives Mike?

Rainmaker
09-21-2015, 02:55 PM
Perhaps becasue we are at least partially responsible for the situation the refugees are fleeing.

Who's "we" Kimosabe??

Rainmaker don't recall ever hearing of the American peoples representatives voting to arm Jihadi Terrorists, in a proxy war to overthrow Syria's President Assad.

B]Added[/B] for another reason google Reagan's "Shining City' speech, he explains what America should mean very clearly.

And fresh off the boat, they were quarantined and went thru processing that gave them papers.

We also had a National manpower shortage back then and Nobody gave them any free government cheese either.

That's the part that's always missing in these little utopian scenarios.

Rainmaker
09-21-2015, 07:16 PM

From the story:

I'm sure the Administration wanted to get out in front of the Marxist Pope's visit to the White House on the Jewish Day of Atonement, when he comes to give us a good talking to about the Evils of Capitalism. The Lord demands a carbon-tax!

But, anyhow the timing of all this is indeed suspect. Because These refugees have been rotting in camps in Turkey for years and now all of a sudden they've been released onto Europe like a human tsunami.

people in Western Nations have finally started rejecting this perpetual war for perpetual peace bullshit.

Nobody (except for a few Israel-firster nut cases) wants BOG in Syria. So, they're deliberately creating a humanitarian crisis to push the issue. Same strategy that was employed last summer when the US was flooded with Ameriindian Peasants from Central American shitholes to try and force the Amnesty issue. Problem-Reaction-Solution.

garhkal
09-22-2015, 03:41 AM

Being i am Agnostic, quoting scripture does not do a darn thing..